PDA

View Full Version : Texans vs Cowboys Running Styles

devoc
07-12-2007, 11:40 AM
Now lately there have been teams to use the dual back running system and make it work , think about it saves the "vets" or your primary back from fatigue in critical times, and it worked for many teams last year including:

Cowboys:Barber,Jones
Redskins:Betts,Portis
Bears:Benson,Jones
Giants:Barber,Jones
Saints:Bush,Mcallister
Colts:Rhodes,Addai
Jacksonville:Jones,Drew-Jones

All of these match ups made a big contribution to there teams running game and offensive schemes, and the crazy part about it is that the cowboys have two mediocre backs that put up 1738 yards and 18td together, and looking and our running back depth now i seriously feel that our team can match that or even do produce better than the cowboys if we ran a dual back system.

Tell me what yall think:texflag:

Il_Bruno
07-12-2007, 11:46 AM
the cowboy's two mediocre backs complimented each other pretty well. I also think Marion Barber is the real deal, if you watch him run even though he's not too big, he just finds little cracks and creases and keeps his legs pumping. Even though he was mainly a goal line back he averaged about 5 yards a pop. If he were a feature back that avg would go down because if his lack of breakaway speed, but i really liked marion barber last year (he was also on my FF team)

I hope green and dayne compliment each other in a similar way, if so then we could finally have a feared running game.

real
07-12-2007, 11:52 AM
the cowboy's two mediocre backs complimented each other pretty well. I also think Marion Barber is the real deal

Contradiction alert.

Il_Bruno
07-12-2007, 11:54 AM
Contradiction alert.

I think he is, but most people dont, at least not yet.

real
07-12-2007, 11:59 AM
I think he is, but most people dont, at least not yet.

Just messin with ya...I kinda figured that's what you were saying...:shades:

nero THE zero
07-13-2007, 08:42 AM
Well, apparetly the key to success is having a back or two named Jones.

HOU-TEX
07-13-2007, 09:05 AM
Well, apparetly the key to success is having a back or two named Jones.

Or a last name that starts with the letter 'B'.:)

V3rm0nt3r
07-14-2007, 10:23 AM
i like our backfield. a few versatile backs with an up the middle bruiser type number 2. it resembles the Parker Bettis period in Pittsburg.

BSofA04
07-16-2007, 03:58 PM
Green and Dayne will have to compliment eachother if we're to have success this year. Green isn't old, but he's definently seasoned. Asking him to take 25 carries a game for 16 games isn't feasable or smart. Much like the Cowboys, on 3rd and short or goaline situations Dayne should get some solid reps.

It seems like using the two-back offense is the way to go these days. It's a long season, so keeping your star back fresh is always a good idea.

jlam
07-16-2007, 05:40 PM
Cowboys:Barber,Jones
Redskins:Betts,Portis
Bears:Benson,Jones
Giants:Barber, Jacobs
Saints:Bush,Mcallister
Colts:Rhodes,Addai
Jacksonville:Taylor, Jones-Drew

There ya go.

Texanmike02
07-16-2007, 07:31 PM
I did a writeup on this before the boards merged/changed or whatever happened... There are several reasons that I think it works, but over the last 10 years or so nobody has won the SB and the Rushing title in forever. The closest was Lewis with Balt.. but especially recently the trend has been that two back systems fare better. I hypothesized that it is for two main reasons. The RB's are fresh all year & they spend usually about 60/70% of the amount of money on the two backs as they did a "franchise" rb who had comparable production.

Of course the argument against it is that the teams who have a designated "every down" back are able to disguise what they are doing.

Mike