PDA

View Full Version : Houston Day on NFL Network

the wonger need food
07-10-2007, 06:29 PM
This Thursday (7/12)...

2P - NFL Lost Treasures - Bum Phillips
3P - Houston Texans - The Birth of the Texans
3:30P - 2004 Houston Texans

It's not much... but it's better than nothin'...

Texans_Chick
07-10-2007, 06:38 PM
At least the NFL Network knows who cares about Bum's history, even if Houston's history was done stole along with its team.

BTW, are they totally done showing the minicamp stuff? I looked on TiVO and couldn't find it. TiVO screwed me and taped the freaking Bills minicamp for me. I even had made some popcorn. :(

Tailgate
07-10-2007, 06:55 PM
I think a new rookie show premiers tonight on NFL network at 7. I dont think its Hey Rookie one that Dunta was in a while back... not sure what this one is.

hollywood_texan
07-10-2007, 07:06 PM
At least the NFL Network knows who cares about Bum's history, even if Houston's history was done stole along with its team.

BTW, are they totally done showing the minicamp stuff? I looked on TiVO and couldn't find it. TiVO screwed me and taped the freaking Bills minicamp for me. I even had made some popcorn. :(

The same thing happened to me twice.

I don't have Tivo, I use the DVR with DISH.

The first taping was some other team, and the second was the Bills.

There was a screw up in the downloading of the schedule.

After the second time, I went online to the NFL network website, and the scheduling was different from DISH programming. I believe the Texans were shown right before the error in taping the Buffalo Bills.

the wonger need food
07-10-2007, 08:49 PM

I don't see any on the schedule but you might be able to catch it between showings of America's Game, The Cheerleader Playoffs and one of the NFL Follies. I'm amazed NFL Network finds enough programming to fill 24 hours a day in the offseason.

You didn't really miss much with the mini-camp "coverage". The most interesting part of it was watching Jamie Dukes somehow gain weight while sweating at least 20 lbs. of water while calling Mario Williams the next Courtney Brown.

Tailgate
07-10-2007, 09:53 PM

Here are the links to some of it.

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/minicamp#texans

PapaL
07-11-2007, 08:52 AM

Why didn't the city sue to keep the name and history? Thats what Cleveland did. Yes, it does suck.

Second Honeymoon
07-11-2007, 11:36 AM
This Thursday (7/12)...

3P - Houston Texans - The Birth of the Texans
3:30P - 2004 Houston Texans

It's not much... but it's better than nothin'...

That is one of the greatest NFL specials I have ever seen regarding the Oilers. It will make you laugh and it will make you cry. Just a great job by NFL Network and a 'can't miss' moment on your television.

Tivo it, DVR it, VCR it, or just call in sick. It is worth it.

Second Honeymoon
07-11-2007, 11:40 AM
I don't see any on the schedule but you might be able to catch it between showings of America's Game, The Cheerleader Playoffs and one of the NFL Follies. I'm amazed NFL Network finds enough programming to fill 24 hours a day in the offseason.

You didn't really miss much with the mini-camp "coverage". The most interesting part of it was watching Jamie Dukes somehow gain weight while sweating at least 20 lbs. of water while calling Mario Williams the next Courtney Brown.

Dukes was just calling it like he sees it. If Mario plays like he did last year, he IS the next Courtney Brown. No doubt about it.

Personally, I hope MW blows up this year and blossoms into a top flight DE. He needs more fire in his belly and he needs to improve his technique. You can't just bull rush players like he did against Wake Forest and Duke. He needs to use leverage and his hands and get to the QB. I hope his injury was really the reason he was so poor-to-average last year.

I like Dukes but he thinks he is a bit funnier than he really is. I have no problem with him saying that about Mario because it's not his job to believe in Mario, its Mario's job to make believers of the naysayers.

the wonger need food
07-11-2007, 01:18 PM
That is one of the greatest NFL specials I have ever seen regarding the Oilers. It will make you laugh and it will make you cry. Just a great job by NFL Network and a 'can't miss' moment on your television.

Tivo it, DVR it, VCR it, or just call in sick. It is worth it.

Agreed. Probably my favorite NFL Films production.

Specnatz
07-11-2007, 01:46 PM
Here are the links to some of it.

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/minicamp#texans

What is up with the quality of the videos on NFL network? I can do a better quality video with my cell phone than the crap they put out.

Twitch-Houston
07-15-2007, 09:57 AM
This may be posted somewhere else, but I happened to catch back to back shows yesterday that the NFL network did on the '78 and '79 Oilers. Man that was fun to watch.

I wish Houston would have done the same as Cleveland as well. If anything to keep the history definitively in Houston. My wife (who is from Indiana) just doesn't see the connection between the Texans and Oilers because she wasn't around for it.

Glad to know the NFL network is keeping it alive for those of us Houston fans who remember.

-Twitch

Heath Shuler
07-15-2007, 06:43 PM
Agreed. Probably my favorite NFL Films production.
Without a doubt, it doesnít get much better than that.

I will never forget going to the dome after those losses.

It was surprising to see that Bum coached in New Orleans almost as long as he coached here (6 years here, 5 years there.)

They donít make players like Carl Mauch anymore.

The Pencil Neck
07-16-2007, 12:53 AM

They re-played the 78 and 79 Oiler's seasons on Saturday and I was able to watch it while I worked out. Watching those old films really got my psyched up. I'd forgotten a lot of those old names.

Rob Carpenter's game against the Chargers was just guts personified but they didn't even show the best of it.