PDA

View Full Version : JOHNSON THROWING CARR UNDER BUS - Texans Chick hits the bigtime!

Porky
06-27-2007, 01:32 PM
Congrats to Spephanie!

Link (http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm)

JOHNSON THROWING CARR UNDER BUS

Texans Pro Bowl receiver Andre Johnson is embracing new quarterback Matt Schaub. And, in so doing, Johnson is taking a jab or two at former Texans quarterback David Carr.

Stephanie Stradley of AOL's FanHouse points out some Johnson comments from earlier in the month regarding the differences between Schaub and Carr.

"When you look at, the differences that I see is that with David [Carr] you had to wait on the ball a little bit more," Johnson said. "With Matt, he's pretty decisive with what he's doing. He's going to get back in his drop and let the ball go. When you're in your rout[e], you don't have to wait on the ball or anything like that."

Though Johnson's words don't quite fall into the "we would have been undefeated with Brett Favre" category, the fact that they initially appeared on the team's official web site suggests that the franchise is happy to aid and abet any knocks on the guy whom the franchise selected as the No. 1 overall pick in the 2002 draft.

Il_Bruno
06-27-2007, 01:52 PM
I dont know if this is really qualifies as johnson throwing carr under the bus, although im glad when AJ makes a statement like this its considered major cause he hardly ever draws too much attention to himself.

barely even a shot, if that in my book. He deserves to be able to vent a lot more after putting up with the trainwreck we called our offense the last couple years.

Texans_Chick
06-27-2007, 02:07 PM
Uh, thanks, I think. It's always interesting to me that the only stories of mine that get attention from other football blogs are the one that are somewhat sensationalized. Though, I also think it is funny that in this one newspaper town, the first quote in the link wasn't news and the second quote was a throwaway in an article. To me that might have been worth a big WTF? kinda article.

The original link shows that I'm pretty sure that AJ's bus throwing wasn't intentional, nor meant to suggest that Carr is the blame for all that ills the Texans:

Texans FanHouse: Link (http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/06/26/andre-johnson-doesnt-want-to-dump-david-carr-in-the-grease-doe/)

Could you imagine had TO said the same thing? Different personality so people take it differently.

Double Barrel
06-27-2007, 02:09 PM
It's official: Andre Johnson is a Carr-hater now. :joker:

Hey lookie, a sarcasm smilie :sarcasm:

Porky
06-27-2007, 02:20 PM
Uh, thanks, I think. It's always interesting to me that the only stories of mine that get attention from other football blogs are the one that are somewhat sensationalized. Though, I also think it is funny that in this one newspaper town, the first quote in the link wasn't news and the second quote was a throwaway in an article. To me that might have been worth a big WTF? kinda article.

The original link shows that I'm pretty sure that AJ's bus throwing wasn't intentional, nor meant to suggest that Carr is the blame for all that ills the Texans:

Texans FanHouse: Link (http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/06/26/andre-johnson-doesnt-want-to-dump-david-carr-in-the-grease-doe/)

Could you imagine had TO said the same thing? Different personality so people take it differently.

Ya, I kind of thought the same thing, but I couldn't resist posting it. They definately put a sensationalistic spin on it that wasn't neccessarily indicated from the content of your article.

Texan_Bill
06-27-2007, 02:24 PM
Geeeez... I'm a sucker.

I was all ready to read something really juicy...

Specnatz
06-27-2007, 02:49 PM
I threw rusty under the bus, then got in and drove over him a few times just for fun.

SheTexan
06-27-2007, 02:58 PM
Geeeez... I'm a sucker.

I was all ready to read something really juicy...

It's the off season Bill, don't bank on it!! Nothing really JUICY going on! Even the DC hater's are grabbing at straws!

Honoring Earl 34
06-27-2007, 03:01 PM
It's official: Andre Johnson is a Carr-hater now. :joker:

Hey lookie, a sarcasm smilie :sarcasm:

Well ... a slant that's not led is useless . A slant that's thrown with the lb waiting is painfull .

Texan_Bill
06-27-2007, 03:02 PM
I hear ya G'ma. I'm just going a little stir crazy... :gun:

Double Barrel
06-27-2007, 03:12 PM
Well ... a slant that's not led is useless . A slant that's thrown with the lb waiting is painfull .

Watch out! Anything said - even objective criticism - can and will be used against you in a court of public opinion.

So be very careful and choose your words wisely, my friend. :worm:

And, of course, the obligatory disclaimer: :sarcasm: for the sarcasm impaired

Porky
06-27-2007, 03:54 PM
Watch out! Anything said - even objective criticism - can and will be used against you in a court of public opinion.

I have hearby declared this thread a Caddy free zone. Rejoice my fellow Carr haters, for your time has come. :splits:

real
06-27-2007, 03:56 PM
That is throwing David under the bus...

A.J isn't the type of player to really say negative things about guys, so when he comes out and says something negative, IMO it's definitely news worthy. He's not the kind of guy that's going to say something like this and let fans run with it...

If he felt like the offense was the reason he was getting the ball late, would he really be stupid enough just to single out David ?

Any way you look at it, Andre is saying that he thinks Schaub has done certain things better than David...Good news, although being better than David shouldn't be too hard...

Mr. White
06-27-2007, 04:01 PM
I have hearby declared this thread a Caddy free zone. Rejoice my fellow Carr haters, for your time has come. :splits:

:fortune: I predict that you will receive an indecipherable PM in the very near future.

TEXANSTAILGATER
06-27-2007, 04:03 PM
Didn't I read that in the Chronicle like 4 - 6 weeks ago?

Second Honeymoon
06-27-2007, 04:04 PM

it could have been possible but after your post, I seriously doubt it.

yells: Incoming!!!

Honoring Earl 34
06-27-2007, 04:45 PM

OK my bad ... it was a 1yd. curl pattern .

Kaiser Toro
06-27-2007, 04:53 PM
It has been 95 days since Carr has been gone and there is something comforting about that.

Second Honeymoon
06-27-2007, 05:17 PM
Yawn.

as predictable as the Fresno Tuck....

PapaL
06-27-2007, 05:25 PM
Why is telling the truth throwing someone under the bus?

alphajoker
06-27-2007, 05:37 PM
Man, the offseason really is...dragging...by...reaaaaal slooooooow. :sleep:

Runner
06-27-2007, 06:05 PM
I dont know if this is really qualifies as johnson throwing carr under the bus, although im glad when AJ makes a statement like this its considered major cause he hardly ever draws too much attention to himself.

Agreed - it isn't.

That is throwing David under the bus...

A pretty mild throw.

Why is telling the truth throwing someone under the bus?

So was Andre lying when Carr left and he said all those nice things about him in the article at that time? As I recall, Andre said that he thought Carr would do better on another team. In this article he seems to blame poor coaching. Do we assume Andre lies when he says something opposite of public opinion and tells the truth only when agreeing with the public with some very mild criticism? I think better of him than that.

Sounds to me like he thinks Dave would have been all right with better coaching. I find that interesting since that has been said about several players on the team on this board.

Yes, I think Carr was a problem and I'm glad he is gone. I also think it is unwise to think the offense is all fixed up now. Better? Sure. Good enough not to still be a major problem area this year? No.

Runner
06-27-2007, 06:11 PM

A slant led to Andre can also be painful - to the linebacker.

GuerillaBlack
06-27-2007, 06:16 PM
Good job by AJ.

real
06-27-2007, 06:49 PM
A pretty mild throw.

True.

But this is Andre we're talking about...

For him to come out and basically say, Carr wasn't good at leading recievers (or even if you want to look at it as him saying Matt is just better at it) speaks volumes IMO.

Think about it....

Should we assume that this is the only flaw A.J saw in his game?

We already know everybody on the team think's Schaub has a better presence AKA leadership...

I think in the back of some of these players minds they recognize David just wasn't good...However I really don't need any of them to confirm that because I watched the guy for 5 yrs...

A while ago I saw D-rob and A.J hanging out at the club together right before Dunta's infamous comments about Dave...

What's that saying ? Birds of a feather flock together ?

lol:fans:

Runner
06-27-2007, 06:52 PM
We already know everybody on the team think's

We think we know, I'll give you that. :)

real
06-27-2007, 06:55 PM
We think we know, I'll give you that. :)

True, true. :texflag:

Double Barrel
06-27-2007, 07:04 PM
For him to come out and basically say, Carr wasn't good at leading recievers (or even if you want to look at it as him saying Matt is just better at it) speaks volumes IMO.

This is a basic skill that any/every NFL QB should possess. Same with reading defenses and making adjustments at the line. At that elite level, it is strange to me that a starting QB would lack these fundamental tools.

GuerillaBlack
06-27-2007, 07:16 PM
This is a basic skill that any/every NFL QB should possess. Same with reading defenses and making adjustments at the line. At that elite level, it is strange to me that a starting QB would lack these fundamental tools.

Which is why Carr is a backup.

PapaL
06-27-2007, 07:37 PM
Its like the difference between driving a Chevy Aveo and Corvette. The Aveo is gets the job is nothing special. Your use to it, it's comfortable. Then you drive a Vette and quickly realize what a POS you were driving before. (No offense the Aveo drivers out there).

He was nice when DC left, saying all the right things. Now that he has been exposed to a "better" QB what should he say?

I personally dont think its anything newsworthy. But then again, it is the offseason...

Hottoddie
06-27-2007, 08:07 PM
You guys are just going to have to face it, Carr carried this team for 5 years.

GuerillaBlack
06-27-2007, 08:11 PM

Carried us for almost three, then dropped us in a pile of **** two years ago.

the wonger need food
06-27-2007, 08:21 PM

Agreed... Carr carried this team to a losing record the first 5 years.

Texans_Chick
06-27-2007, 09:16 PM
Agreed - it isn't.

A pretty mild throw.

So was Andre lying when Carr left and he said all those nice things about him in the article at that time? As I recall, Andre said that he thought Carr would do better on another team. In this article he seems to blame poor coaching. Do we assume Andre lies when he says something opposite of public opinion and tells the truth only when agreeing with the public with some very mild criticism? I think better of him than that.

Sounds to me like he thinks Dave would have been all right with better coaching. I find that interesting since that has been said about several players on the team on this board.

Yes, I think Carr was a problem and I'm glad he is gone. I also think it is unwise to think the offense is all fixed up now. Better? Sure. Good enough not to still be a major problem area this year? No.

http://www.engel-cox.org/images/Covers/sTalkingStop.jpg

Great album and movie.

Honoring Earl 34
06-27-2007, 09:43 PM
Well TC ... you're a dad gum celebrity .

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/carolina-panthers/52985-johnson-carr-redux.html

checo446
06-27-2007, 10:13 PM
when AJ speaks, I listen, and in this case he is speaking nothing but the truth. The guy is a class act on and off the field, and he isn't saying anything that everyone but ESPN didn't already know...

Wolf
06-27-2007, 10:33 PM
boy we read things into everything.. come on football season.

badboy
06-29-2007, 03:10 PM
Wait a minute. Carr is gone? Somebody please update me what has happened? I have nothing to do so let's rehash everything. HAHAHAHHAA

SheTexan
06-29-2007, 03:48 PM
A while ago I saw D-rob and A.J hanging out at the club together right before Dunta's infamous comments about Dave...

What's that saying ? Birds of a feather flock together ?

lol:fans:

D-rob had dinner at David's house the night before he made his infamous comments. What's that saying? Birds of a feather flock together? DC and AJ have been in the past, and still remain, very good friends. Don't read anything more into a comment than what is actually there. The comment that was made about "poor coaching" comes closest to hitting the nail on the head. Not just DC, but the entire team. The one real flaw I saw in David Carr was that he did not stand up to Caper's and tell him how he wanted to play the game. He did exactly what he was told, and as we all know, that did not work out. Sometimes a QB can be just TOOOOOO nice. Ya gotta have balls of steel to play this game, and those who don't find themselves without a job, or sitting on the bench. JMO!

Runner
06-29-2007, 05:44 PM
What's that saying? Birds of a feather flock together?

That was my thought too. Dre hung out with P-Buc a lot when he was here. I don't think they had birds of a feather gamer attitudes.

hollywood_texan
06-29-2007, 06:05 PM
The one real flaw I saw in David Carr was that he did not stand up to Caper's and tell him how he wanted to play the game. He did exactly what he was told, and as we all know, that did not work out.

If you are right it explains something that I read after season 3. Carr went into Capers office and told him he was being sacked too many times and something needed to be done. My first thought was, it took Carr 3 years to figure that out and/or say it?

Carr will continually struggle if he doesn't step up and take ownership. Waiting for a coach too improve his career is just backwards thinking if you ask me.

IMO, players make coaches, not the other way around.

It is very rare that a coach can duplicate the same success at the NFL level (like winning Super Bowls) with completely different players.

Honoring Earl 34
06-29-2007, 06:17 PM
Carr will continually struggle if he doesn't step up and take ownership. Waiting for a coach too improve his career is just backwards thinking if you ask me.

That's why I think QBs who do good on the big stage in college are better prospects .... they've battled other top prospects . If they were meek they would'nt make it

Montana led ND back in the Cotton Bowl .
Moon Rose Bowl MVP
Steve Young NCAA Champ BYU
VY NCAA champ
Leinert NCAA champ
Kosar NCAA champ
Manning P. SEC QB
Elway Pac 10
Brady Big 10 QB
there's more but you get the drift .

I know there's your Phil Simms of the world ... Morehouse St. He's the exception .

Runner
06-29-2007, 06:21 PM
Carr went into Capers office and told him he was being sacked too many times and something needed to be done.

My first thought is: The coaching staff then demonstrated their brilliance by "improving" the line with Victor Riley.

hollywood_texan
06-29-2007, 06:33 PM
My first thought is: The coaching staff then demonstrated their brilliance by "improving" the line with Victor Riley.

With free agency and short rookie contracts, it's hard to assemble an All-Pro offensive line over an extended period time.

Carr was in no worse position than most other QBs in the league. Sure the line was marginal, but he still had AJ and Davis was a good runner in spurts. With that, Carr still struggled and never ran a potent offense that would scare defensive coordinators.

SheTexan
06-29-2007, 06:42 PM
Carr went into Capers office and ask him to give him the chance to call some of his own plays. He was reading the defense and wanted to adjust accordingly. He was told to do as he was told, that he would be benched if he did not use the play that was called. The one time Carr changed the play from what Capers called was in the Titan game 2005, I think, could be wrong about that, and he got benched. Capers was hell bent on doing things his way, PERIOD!! PLEASE don't start the I LOVE CARR crap. I'm just posting some stuff now that I knew back then. David tried a lot harder to change what was going on than any of you want to give him credit. I totally agree with Hollywood, David needed to step up and take ownership, and he didn't do that. A lot of that was due to David's respect for THEIR leadership. The first couple of years he was a young kid trying to learn the in's and out's of the NFL, and Capers and Co came highly regarded for an expansion team. After that the team was slowly disintergrating due to crappy coaching anyway. YES, David was at fault for a lot of things, so lets not repeat all of that. I just don't think many of you know how hard that boy really tried to change things, nor how frustrated he got because his hands were tied. I believe the last couple of years showed just how frustrated he became. The bottom line, it was time for a change, for everyone concerned.

Runner
06-29-2007, 06:49 PM
With free agency and short rookie contracts, it's hard to assemble an All-Pro offensive line over an extended period time.

Carr was in no worse position than most other QBs in the league. Sure the line was marginal, but he still had AJ and Davis was a good runner in spurts. With that, Carr still struggled and never ran a potent offense that would scare defensive coordinators.

So you thought Victor Riley was a good move, or do you just want to keep talking about Carr? Riley was bad independent of the QB.

Asking for something better than Victor Riley is hardly demanding an all Pro line. They played him in front of Wand, who in 2004 had better numbers than new Texan fan favorite Jordan Black had last year, and when that didn't work they played him at guard in front of Weary. Too bad neither Seth nor Fred got any development time during that lost season because Joe Pendry had to make room for Riley.

Honoring Earl 34
06-29-2007, 06:52 PM
Carr went into Capers office and ask him to give him the chance to call some of his own plays. He was reading the defense and wanted to adjust accordingly. He was told to do as he was told, that he would be benched if he did not use the play that was called. The one time Carr changed the play from what Capers called was in the Titan game 2005, I think, could be wrong about that, and he got benched. Capers was hell bent on doing things his way, PERIOD!! PLEASE don't start the I LOVE CARR crap. I'm just posting some stuff now that I knew back then. David tried a lot harder to change what was going on than any of you want to give him credit. I totally agree with Hollywood, David needed to step up and take ownership, and he didn't do that. A lot of that was due to David's respect for THEIR leadership. The first couple of years he was a young kid trying to learn the in's and out's of the NFL, and Capers and Co came highly regarded for an expansion team. After that the team was slowly disintergrating due to crappy coaching anyway. YES, David was at fault for a lot of things, so lets not repeat all of that. I just don't think many of you know how hard that boy really tried to change things, nor how frustrated he got because his hands were tied. I believe the last couple of years showed just how frustrated he became. The bottom line, it was time for a change, for everyone concerned.

If we just had a rewind button . Bob Mcnair stars in Click ... I'll hire Kubiak since I'm going QB with the first pick . You got that ____ ( insert GM of your choice here ) ?

Oh yea ... how do you know all this ?

Honoring Earl 34
06-29-2007, 06:54 PM
So you thought Victor Riley was a good move, or do you just want to keep talking about Carr? Riley was bad independent of the QB.

Asking for something better than Victor Riley is hardly demanding an all Pro line. They played him in front of Wand, who in 2004 had better numbers than new Texan fan favorite Jordan Black had last year, and when that didn't work they played him at guard in front of Weary. Too bad neither Seth nor Fred got any development time during that lost season because Joe Pendry had to make room for Riley.

I often wonder if ...

1. The Texans gave up on the offense really quick and just focused on the defense .

2. They were stupid .

Runner
06-29-2007, 07:04 PM
I often wonder if ...

1. The Texans gave up on the offense really quick and just focused on the defense .

2. They were stupid .

I'll go with 2. Maybe not stupid, but politically motivated, mean spirited, and incompetent in the jobs they were in. (I guess I didn't go with 2).

I think the single person who had the biggest negative impact on the Texans franchise in its short history was Joe Pendry. By far.

Honoring Earl 34
06-29-2007, 07:09 PM
I'll go with 2. Maybe not stupid, but politically motivated, mean spirited, and incompetent in the jobs they were in. (I guess I didn't go with 2).

I think the single person who had the biggest negative impact on the Texans franchise in its short history was Joe Pendry. By far.

Did they bring in Riley after they went after Pace ? When was Wade signed ?

I think Riley was the least talented player on the OL that we had . Then they put him at LT . It seemed like they had some internal battles and just signed someone .

Runner
06-29-2007, 07:12 PM
Did they bring in Riley after they went after Pace ? When was Wade signed ?

I think Riley was the least talented player on the OL that we had . Then they put him at LT . It seemed like they had some internal battles and just signed someone .

Wade was signed the previous year I think. Riley after they didn't get Pace.

Honoring Earl 34
06-29-2007, 07:15 PM

It seems part of the brass wanted Wand . If you can get Pace then Wand waits his turn but if you don't get Pace Wand's your starter . I guess someone did'nt like that .

SheTexan
06-29-2007, 07:17 PM
Oh yea ... how do you know all this ?

Not in the mood for further sarcasm, so I'll just keep that to myself.

Honoring Earl 34
06-29-2007, 07:20 PM
Not in the mood for further sarcasm, so I'll just keep that to myself.

That's not a fair question .

There's a guy CT CSTM who gives updates on Charles Spencer every once in awhile ... says he's his friend ... no big deal .

Double Barrel
06-29-2007, 07:41 PM
Not to dwell on DC, but I think the inaugural season's 70+ sacks ruined the rookie QB's psyche. That was brutal, and he never seemed quite the same after that point. Mix in some horrendous coaching for another few years, and we arrive at the present.

I honestly hope the Carolina bench does him some good, but I think he's damaged goods from a mental standpoint. Of course I wish him well as an original Texan.

And not comparing the two QBs and their skills, but I think we'll have better luck with our current situation simply because we have a head coach that will be able to recognize potential and developing problems much better than the previous staff. More importantly than comparing player to player is comparing coaches to coaches. These guys can make or break young players, and I think DC (along with some others) is case in point.

Honoring Earl 34
06-29-2007, 07:54 PM
Not to dwell on DC, but I think the inaugural season's 70+ sacks ruined the rookie QB's psyche. That was brutal, and he never seemed quite the same after that point. Mix in some horrendous coaching for another few years, and we arrive at the present.

I honestly hope the Carolina bench does him some good, but I think he's damaged goods from a mental standpoint. Of course I wish him well as an original Texan.

And not comparing the two QBs and their skills, but I think we'll have better luck with our current situation simply because we have a head coach that will be able to recognize potential and developing problems much better than the previous staff. More importantly than comparing player to player is comparing coaches to coaches. These guys can make or break young players, and I think DC (along with some others) is case in point.

I think Carr and Big Ben are a lot alike . One got a huge break , the other thought he was lucky .

Wolf
06-29-2007, 08:54 PM

time will tell we could have given up 2 1st rounders for Pace

no telling what St Louis would have done but for us would be giving up Mario and Okoye

time will tell if those two > 28 year old(if I remember correctly) Pace

*edit* nevermind

chips fall where they fall we wouldn't have drafted until 3rd round this year due to Schaub trade

I like Carr but I don't really know if one person (pace) could have made a difference to Carr's psych, IMO at least not in a Texan uniform

hmm

Double Barrel
06-29-2007, 09:34 PM
DC would have been best served if he'd been drafted by an established team that could let him get used to the game for 2-3 years before starting (ala Steve McNair). Throwing him to the wolves behind a new, untested line was a dumb coaching decision. We should have let an old veteran get beat up a couple of years before starting a rookie.

And it's not necessarily 20/20 hindsight, because I remember it being a topic of discussion among fans back then. Some would bring up Aikman as an example, but he wasn't on an expansion team so it doesn't compare.

Porky
06-29-2007, 09:45 PM

I would be curious to know if Capers handled his other QB's the same way. Did Kerry Collins have his hands tied without the ability to audible while playing for Capers in Carolina, or did he just suddenly become the world's worst coach and a tyrant?

Wolf
06-29-2007, 09:46 PM
DC would have been best served if he'd been drafted by an established team that could let him get used to the game for 2-3 years before starting (ala Steve McNair). Throwing him to the wolves behind a new, untested line was a dumb coaching decision. We should have let an old veteran get beat up a couple of years before starting a rookie.

And it's not necessarily 20/20 hindsight, because I remember it being a topic of discussion among fans back then. Some would bring up Aikman as an example, but he wasn't on an expansion team so it doesn't compare.

true and minnesota and that deal just....well won't comment on the desperate times minnesota had

Runner
06-29-2007, 10:59 PM
time will tell we could have given up 2 1st rounders for Pace

no telling what St Louis would have done but for us would be giving up Mario and Okoye

time will tell if those two > 28 year old(if I remember correctly) Pace

*edit* nevermind

chips fall where they fall we wouldn't have drafted until 3rd round this year due to Schaub trade

I like Carr but I don't really know if one person (pace) could have made a difference to Carr's psych, IMO at least not in a Texan uniform

hmm

No, Pace wasn't worth it. The inside of the line gave up more pressure back then than the tackles did anyway. It was more 1) The line is bad 2) the LT is the most important person on the line 3) Therefore replace the LT and everything is better thinking that led to the conclusion that Pace would be a cure all. Pace got hurt last year too.

Wolf
06-29-2007, 11:01 PM
No, Pace wasn't worth it. The inside of the line gave up more pressure back then than the tackles did anyway. It was more 1) The line is bad 2) the LT is the most important person on the line 3) Therefore replace the LT and everything is better thinking that led to the conclusion that Pace would be a cure all. Pace got hurt last year too.

that is very true

Runner
06-29-2007, 11:01 PM
It seemed like they had some internal battles and just signed someone .

If by internal battles you mean coaches vs. front office, I agree 100%.

Honoring Earl 34
06-29-2007, 11:07 PM
If by internal battles you mean coaches vs. front office, I agree 100%.

I think CC was thinking ... hey now see I got you Pitts , Weary , McKinney , Wand , Wade , and Todd Washington . I guess Capers , Pendry or whoever did'nt like those players , which insulted CC .

Hottoddie
06-30-2007, 02:13 PM
Hey, Carr hata's, Carr will be an All-Pro within 5 years. Mark my words. :neener: :neener: :neener:

Double Barrel
06-30-2007, 02:26 PM
I don't see much hating on Carr. It's more talk of what could've been, and a whole lot of finger pointing away from the dude.

But that's the spirit, Texans fan! Hope a former player goes All Pro...

:ok: because then you can say 'I told you so'?

2BCF
06-30-2007, 02:28 PM
Hey, Carr hata's, Carr will be an All-Pro within 5 years. Mark my words. :neener: :neener: :neener:

All-Pro at holding a clipboard! :splits:

real
06-30-2007, 04:11 PM

LOL...

Mark my words: He won't.

alphajoker
07-01-2007, 03:11 PM
"JOHNSON THROWING CARR UNDER BUS - Texans Chick hits the bigtime!"

Everytime I see this thread and the title, it makes me laugh.
I didn't know we were supposed to be looking for the "bigtime". :joker:
Geez, TC needs to hurry up and get here!:fans:

Mr teX
07-02-2007, 05:44 PM
Jeez... you guys just keep going & going with it..

Honoring Earl 34
07-02-2007, 05:55 PM
I have footage .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyKEv1UMloo

brakos82
07-02-2007, 05:59 PM
All-Pro at holding a clipboard! :splits:

or throwing third base.

Oh, wait. That's baseball. :devilpig:

alphajoker
07-02-2007, 07:55 PM
I have footage .

LOL...that video was hilarious! Thanks for the laugh man.

NFLforher
07-02-2007, 10:16 PM
Congrats to Spephanie!

Link (http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm)

JOHNSON THROWING CARR UNDER BUS

Texans Pro Bowl receiver Andre Johnson is embracing new quarterback Matt Schaub. And, in so doing, Johnson is taking a jab or two at former Texans quarterback David Carr.

Stephanie Stradley of AOL's FanHouse points out some Johnson comments from earlier in the month regarding the differences between Schaub and Carr.

"When you look at, the differences that I see is that with David [Carr] you had to wait on the ball a little bit more," Johnson said. "With Matt, he's pretty decisive with what he's doing. He's going to get back in his drop and let the ball go. When you're in your rout[e], you don't have to wait on the ball or anything like that."

Though Johnson's words don't quite fall into the "we would have been undefeated with Brett Favre" category, the fact that they initially appeared on the team's official web site suggests that the franchise is happy to aid and abet any knocks on the guy whom the franchise selected as the No. 1 overall pick in the 2002 draft.

What? Lol.. it doesn't look like he's throwing anyone anywhere.

What a reach.

Second Honeymoon
07-03-2007, 10:19 AM
What? Lol.. it doesn't look like he's throwing anyone anywhere.

What a reach.

how has the Panthers board been treating ya :)

jk, you havent been around for a while. welcome back. i hope you start sporting a Schaub avatar soon. Season is almost upon us.

as for the AJ throwing Carr under the bus....he didn't really. he stayed classy and that is how he rolls. kudos to him. btw Schaub looks great.

GO TEXANS!

Texan_Bill
07-03-2007, 11:07 AM
I have footage .

LMAO!! That was funny on several levels!!!

You have way too much time on your hands.

eriadoc
07-03-2007, 12:48 PM
I would be curious to know if Capers handled his other QB's the same way. Did Kerry Collins have his hands tied without the ability to audible while playing for Capers in Carolina, or did he just suddenly become the world's worst coach and a tyrant?

The only indication we have from the Texans' history are the two independent halves that Carr was finally allowed to call his own plays.