PDA

View Full Version : AJ Listed As 6th Best WR in the NFL

TexanAddict
06-26-2007, 01:48 PM
6. Andre Johnson, Houston Texans: The Texans' "one-man show" hauled in 103 receptions without a legitimate threat on the other side. With an outstanding combination of size, speed and strength, Johnson overpowers smaller defenders in one-on-one match-ups. Though he is sure to see a lot of double coverage, he should see his production rise with new quarterback Matt Schaub under center.
Link (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/bucky_brooks/06/25/top.receivers/index.html)

More good press for one of our guys. I think I'd put him at 5 ahead of TO, but I won't complain too much.:texflag:

powerfuldragon
06-26-2007, 01:56 PM
Link (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/bucky_brooks/06/25/top.receivers/index.html)

More good press for one of our guys. I think I'd put him at 5 ahead of TO, but I won't complain too much.:texflag:

agreed.

dalemurphy
06-26-2007, 01:58 PM

Well, this guy has no credibility: He ranks Tori Holt #12. Holt should easily be in the top 5.

GuerillaBlack
06-26-2007, 02:06 PM
I would rank AJ ahead of TO easily. AJ is like a young TO though, just without being a big cancer in the locker room (TO wasn't when he first started though, just got so full of himself).

real
06-26-2007, 02:13 PM
I wouldn't rank Andre ahead of T.O just yet...

I would take him over T.O and I think he can be a better overall player than T.O, but in previous years I think our QB didn't allow him to show all of his 'stuff'...Hopefully that'll change this upcoming season...

GuerillaBlack
06-26-2007, 02:24 PM

I would take him over T.O and I think he can be a better overall player than T.O, but in previous years I think our QB didn't allow him to show all of his 'stuff'...Hopefully that'll change this upcoming season...

I am sure it will. Our old QB did let AJ show his "stuff" in flashes, but this year, I think AJ goes big.

nunusguy
06-26-2007, 02:57 PM
I dunno, but isn't #3 a bit too high to rate the former longhorn ?

dalemurphy
06-26-2007, 03:04 PM
I dunno, but isn't #3 a bit too high to rate the former longhorn ?

umm, yes!

Specnatz
06-26-2007, 03:13 PM

All those drops move TO down the list.

Second Honeymoon
06-26-2007, 04:14 PM
Expect Calvin Johnson to reside at about #9 on that list by the end of the season. Roy is rated a bit high but he really turned the corner last year. Oh, btw where is Muhammad and why is Javon Walker so damn high?

As for AJ, I think he may be rated a bit high. His hands just arent good enough to be so highly rated imho. I would say around #9 or #10 overall. I guess anyone who can make the Pro Bowl with Carr throwing to him gets the benefit of the doubt though. That is a feat on itself.

Hopefully AJ will blossom into a Top 5 receiver this year with a capable QB behind center. He has the sickest stiff arm for a WR in the league and is built like TO but doesnt have the baggage.

GuerillaBlack
06-26-2007, 04:33 PM
Expect Calvin Johnson to reside at about #9 on that list by the end of the season. Roy is rated a bit high but he really turned the corner last year. Oh, btw where is Muhammad and why is Javon Walker so damn high?

As for AJ, I think he may be rated a bit high. His hands just arent good enough to be so highly rated imho. I would say around #9 or #10 overall. I guess anyone who can make the Pro Bowl with Carr throwing to him gets the benefit of the doubt though. That is a feat on itself.

Hopefully AJ will blossom into a Top 5 receiver this year with a capable QB behind center. He has the sickest stiff arm for a WR in the league and is built like TO but doesnt have the baggage.He sure does. AJ is a beast, and if (when) Schaub throws downfield to him, he will be a serious force. AJ needs to take Jacoby to the weight room.

Texan_Bill
06-26-2007, 04:37 PM
All those drops move TO down the list.

Agreed..
That game in Philly last year, was enough for me to take him off the list altogether. I have never heard (until that game) 60,000+ fans collectively laugh at a player for so blatantly growing alligator arms!!

frequentfliertx
06-26-2007, 04:41 PM
Now if only Owen Daniels could remain healthy and have a good season then we would have two viable receivers.:texflag:

Maddict5
06-26-2007, 05:54 PM
I would rank AJ ahead of TO easily. AJ is like a young TO though, just without being a big cancer in the locker room (TO wasn't when he first started though, just got so full of himself).

id rank TO ahead of andre until aj gets better at getting open in the endzone.. that an area where i think he needs to really improve on this yr (eventhough schaub will also help that also imo)

Overalls
06-26-2007, 06:00 PM
I don't think AJ will have 100 catches this season, but I think he will have more yards. Schaub should be able to throw a few passes further than 5 yards.

stingray
06-26-2007, 10:10 PM
This guy is a moron. Holt at 12? Behind Donald driver, javon Walker? Any guy with any football sense would put Holt in the top five.

Mr teX
06-27-2007, 08:22 AM
As much as i hate to say it, Marvin Harrison not in the top 3 is a travesty; that's not all manning. & i would move Driver out, insert Holt in his spot & then Driver/Walker/Boldin/Moss/Williams could all fall anywhere between the 8 -12 spots with no complaints from me.

AJ is about right where he should be; If you ignore TO's antics, the guy is everything you want as a reciever.

Vinny
06-27-2007, 08:26 AM
His rankings are how he thinks they will fare in 2007.....not a ranking of how they have been historically. One reason I tend to win alot in fantasy football is because most of the managers live in the performances of last year and I tend to project more and rely less on the previous years stat lines...things do change from year to year.here are my top 25 wide receivers based on how I think they will fare in 2007:

Texans Horror
06-27-2007, 08:47 AM
AJ deserves everything he's getting. He has made a lot out of bad situations. He could have a good year though depending on how well the line protects and how well Sherman and Green open up the running game.

Mr teX
06-27-2007, 08:53 AM
His rankings are how he thinks they will fare in 2007.....not a ranking of how they have been historically. One reason I tend to win alot in fantasy football is because most of the managers live in the performances of last year and I tend to project more and rely less on the previous years stat lines...things do change from year to year.

Then Randy should be higher than 10 ........

Specnatz
06-27-2007, 09:51 AM
His rankings are how he thinks they will fare in 2007.....not a ranking of how they have been historically. One reason I tend to win alot in fantasy football is because most of the managers live in the performances of last year and I tend to project more and rely less on the previous years stat lines...things do change from year to year.

I understood that, but I think TO with all the drops of last year and I think he is on the downside of his career. Should not be ranked as high as he is.

stingray
06-27-2007, 10:02 AM

O.K. fair enough, but holt is always in the top five in Fantasy. I don't think that he would drop to twelve just in one season. He always gets like 1300 yds and 10 td's.

Double Barrel
06-27-2007, 12:42 PM
I don't think AJ will have 100 catches this season, but I think he will have more yards. Schaub should be able to throw a few passes further than 5 yards.

I tend to agree. I think Schaub will distribute the ball in this offense, and AJ will have a higher YPC, more TDs, and more long receptions, but his total catches will probably drop.

If Daniels and Walters (or whoever is at #2) can prove themselves consistent, AJ will see more favorable coverages from time to time this year. I'm sure he'll still see a lot of double teams, but if other players can step up, it'll have a big impact on AJ's ability to use his speed to our advantage.