PDA

View Full Version : Mike Vanderjagt to Texans???

dickieb
06-25-2007, 09:37 PM
I have seen many arguments against our our kickers this off season. What do you guys think about the possibilty of bringing in Vanderjagt for a talk? After all, he was only the most accurate kicker in NFL history just a couple of years ago.

Kaiser Toro
06-25-2007, 09:58 PM
Kris Brown's contract may be the worse ever negotiated for a Kicker. Vanderjagt comes with his own issues off the field and have recently manifested themselves on the field. However, I do feel Parcells could ruin any Kicker.

Brown is signed through 2009 with a cap hit of 1.124m if we cut him while he is expected to make 1.35m this year. At this point I would only hope that we have a rookie FA come in and win the job and then cut Brown since that profile would cost a nominal sum to provide the similar little on-field value that Brown provides.

Second Honeymoon
06-25-2007, 10:01 PM
Say It Aint' So

Signed,

Weezer

The1ApplePie
06-25-2007, 10:12 PM
Brown shanks kicks to win draft picks

Vandershank shanks kicks because... he is Vandershank

Il_Bruno
06-25-2007, 10:32 PM
please no. i dont care how accurate he was, that kick he missed against the steelers was the worst FG attempt ever. Ive heard it was a whole field goal post to the right

please no :gun:

TexanSam
06-25-2007, 10:57 PM
I'd take him over Kris Brown.

rickyb
06-25-2007, 11:42 PM
Say It Aint' So

Signed,

Weezer

Parcells is a heart-breaker.

Signed,
Still Weezer
"Rocking the B*tches since 1994" <-- Hey, my concert tee says that.

The1ApplePie
06-25-2007, 11:45 PM
Whatever happend to Paul Edinger?

checo446
06-25-2007, 11:59 PM
as much as I hate Kris Brown, I still do not want to see Vanderjacked in a Texans uniform. I doubt it would be possible anyways, it seems as if the organization shoots for higher character guys than Vanderjacked is...

ccdude730
06-26-2007, 12:06 AM
josh brown from seattle just makes sense - could have kept the same name and number on the jersey. he was going to be a FA this offseason but he got the franchise tag, i think...

maybe next year

eric138
06-26-2007, 07:39 AM
Brown kicked the winning field goal against the Colts. I agree he was sucking pretty hard for a while but I think he is back to his old self. This year is his to prove..

GuerillaBlack
06-26-2007, 02:34 PM
Let's all hopr Brown is good this year.

Runner
06-26-2007, 05:23 PM
I think you are all worried about nothing; there is a simple solution to the problem. If they let Schaub hold for him, I'm sure Brown's accuracy and distance will increase. :shades:

Texan_Bill
06-26-2007, 05:24 PM
NO!!! to the ***** kicker that likes to get liquored up and run his mouth.

LMAO.. The filter blocks the word I d i o t

76Texan
06-26-2007, 05:46 PM
That's interesting!

The filter, not the kicker!

Runner
06-26-2007, 05:47 PM

Whoa - I thought you were talking about me at first glance.

rickyb
06-26-2007, 06:44 PM

And yet it lets me write the word bitches.

OK, well, actually I wrote 'B*tches.' Ya know, now that I am a dad, I feel conflicted about wearing my Weezer concert tee. Not enough not to wear it, mind you. But conflicted. :)

Malloy
06-26-2007, 08:58 PM
I still think we should get Morten Andersen, I've been saying that for years :)

Texan_Bill
06-27-2007, 09:22 AM

OK, well, actually I wrote 'B*tches.' Ya know, now that I am a dad, I feel conflicted about wearing my Weezer concert tee. Not enough not to wear it, mind you. But conflicted. :)

Wait a minute... how come rickyb can say bitches, but I cant say ***** (I d i o t)...?

real
06-27-2007, 12:27 PM
Vinny put it as a filter word a while back because people were calling other board members that too frequently.

Texan_Bill
06-27-2007, 12:40 PM
I gotcha... I guess I will start calling people bitches now.... J/K

I really could see this going the way of a Howard Stern skit (like from the movie Private Parts)...

eriadoc
06-27-2007, 12:52 PM

I'm guessing your child is not a teenager yet. Just wait ;)

As for Vanderjagt, I'm not sure what to think. I doubt they'd entertain the idea anyway, because no team wants their kicker mouthing off. Kickers are to be noticed only at the end of games and on charity golf events. Otherwise, we'd rather they disappear. There's no doubt Brown has been horrid, and I really don't care that he finally made an important one against the Colts. He's been exceptionally bad from 30+ for three years running now, and anyone would be an upgrade to that. From a pure kicking standpoint, Vandy would be a huge upgrade. But this team doesn't need baggage right now, what with all the attention focused on results from our draft picks and trades.

Double Barrel
06-27-2007, 01:45 PM
I wouldn't be upset if we acquired Mike Vanderjagt.

I doubt it'll happen, though, considering the premium we put on character.