PDA

View Full Version : Plummer

pancho
06-25-2007, 04:46 PM
Just curious why the Plummer deal fell through. Is there bad blood with the Broncos? Seems like the Broncos sent him to spite us.

Double Barrel
06-25-2007, 04:55 PM
What deal? :confused:

Specnatz
06-25-2007, 04:58 PM
Just curious why the Plummer deal fell through. Is there bad blood with the Broncos? Seems like the Broncos sent him to spite us.

He retired instead of going to the Bucs. His choice not theres.

SheTexan
06-26-2007, 10:27 AM
All the talk about Jake becoming a TEXAN was simply that, just talk. Jake never wanted to become a TEXAN.

Goldensilence
06-26-2007, 10:45 AM
Actually i think given a choice he would've rather become a Texan as opposed to going to the Bucs.

He gets to work with his old coach who'll give him the benefit of the doubt and knows the playbook.

Gruden is definately on the hotseat in Tampa and rightfully so. He really hasn't done much after winning the superbowl with Dungy's team. He wanted to bring a vet to save his job which is why i fully expect Garcia to be the QB on opening day.

Texan_Bill
06-26-2007, 10:54 AM

Pancho, maybe you should change your name to Osso. Were you hibernating?? J/K man, anyway She said it best - it was just talk. There was never anything with substance to him coming here. In addition Spec, was correct too. He was traded to the Tampa Bay Bucs but chose to retire in lieu of playing there.

Mr. White
06-26-2007, 11:12 AM
Jake never wanted to become a TEXAN.

I remember a guy who had a name like Spider-Man75 saying that on this board, but for all of his inside knowledge, nothing he said ever really panned out.

The trade fell through because the Texans didn't want to give up draft picks to get Plummer. The Bucs didn't mind, so that's where he went (until he retired.)

Corrosion
06-26-2007, 03:27 PM
If I remember correctly Denver was asking for a 4th rounder for Plumber . That just goes to show how highly the Texans front office value Schaub swapping #8 for #10 in the first and giving up two second rounders .

Honestly I think Plumber would not have retired had he been traded to the Texans .