PDA

View Full Version : Mike, Mike, & Mike to do ESPN Doubleheader

nunusguy
06-21-2007, 12:37 PM
BRISTOL, Conn. -- ESPN Radio hosts Mike Greenberg and Mike Golic and Hall of Famer Mike Ditka will make their debut as a Monday Night Football announcing team during a doubleheader on ESPN on Sept. 10.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2910752
Please, please ESPN take anyone of those Mikes, I don't care which one, and make him the permanent replacement for regular ESPN MNF announcer Tony "have I got a Catskills schtick for you " Kornheiser.

Texan_Bill
06-21-2007, 12:52 PM
Mike, Mike and Mike?!?!??!

"You have clearance, Clarence".... "Roger, Roger".... "Whats our vector, Victor?"

Kaiser Toro
06-21-2007, 01:02 PM
Roger Murdock: Flight 2-0-9'er, you are cleared for take-off.
Captain Oveur: Roger!
Roger Murdock: Huh?
Tower voice: L.A. departure frequency, 123 point 9'er.
Victor Basta: Request vector, over.
Captain Oveur: What?
Tower voice: Flight 2-0-9'er cleared for vector 324.
Roger Murdock: We have clearance, Clarence.
Captain Oveur: Roger, Roger. What's our vector, Victor?
Tower voice: Tower's radio clearance, over!
Captain Oveur: That's Clarence Oveur. Over.
Tower voice: Over.
Captain Oveur: Roger.
Tower voice: Roger, over!
Roger Murdock: What?
Captain Oveur: Huh?
Victor Basta: Who?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080339/quotes

Texan_Bill
06-21-2007, 01:46 PM

Nicely done!! I have slept since the last time I saw Airplane - but that scene always slayed me....

Goldensilence
06-21-2007, 01:59 PM
BRISTOL, Conn. -- ESPN Radio hosts Mike Greenberg and Mike Golic and Hall of Famer Mike Ditka will make their debut as a Monday Night Football announcing team during a doubleheader on ESPN on Sept. 10.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2910752
Please, please ESPN take anyone of those Mikes, I don't care which one, and make him the permanent replacement for regular ESPN MNF announcer Tony "have I got a Catskills schtick for you " Kornheiser.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Hey Tony NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOUR #!@$!@#@ fantasy league.

real
06-21-2007, 02:02 PM
LOL....I thought Kornheiser was pretty good...

Second Honeymoon
06-21-2007, 02:35 PM
Ditka FTW

easily the most entertaining football analyst that ESPN has....Ditka brings honesty, history, intelligence, smack, and an insane amount of attitude at times. I loved when him and Irvin would go at it. great stuff.

Greenberg is a bit too much of a Yank for me to really get on board with, but he has good chemistry with Golic. If Greenberg starts talking about ARod or the Yankees and Red Sox during broadcasts, I may have to hit mute.

Golic is great and more in the Dierdorf vein of analysts. Gentle giant. Great analysis from him especially in regards to interior line play.

The 1st Team MNF broadcast team is the one I have the problem with. Mike Tirico is a great playbyplay guy but when I hear his voice I feel like I am watching an NBA game. It's kinda like Marv Albert calling an NFL game. It just doesnt feel right.

Theismann is alright at times but Kornheiser just blows. He talks on and on about stuff that doesnt even relate to the broadcast and its not interesting. half the time its him schilling about some tramp-of-the-week or some stupid ABC television show. He isn't funny. He isn't connected to the football world. He is just distracting from the game. Stick to PTI.

I would like to see the MikeX3 become the new 1st team MNF broadcast team. Or just replace Kornheiser with Ditka or Jim Rome and find a new Playbyplay guy.

Second Honeymoon
06-21-2007, 02:36 PM
Couldn't have said it better myself. Hey Tony NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOUR #!@$!@#@ fantasy league.

or Desperate Housewives or Grey's Anatomy or Paris Hilton.

MightyTExan
06-21-2007, 02:50 PM
Man-girl & Meatball and Da Coach

nunusguy
06-21-2007, 03:48 PM
Ditka FTW
Theismann is alright at times but Kornheiser just blows. He talks on and on about stuff that doesnt even relate to the broadcast and its not interesting. half the time its him schilling about some tramp-of-the-week or some stupid ABC television show. He isn't funny. He isn't connected to the football world. He is just distracting from the game. Stick to PTI.

Kornheiser & Wilbon good on PTI, especially Wilbon who would be super as a
regular on MNF IMO.
But one day on PTI, K & W were asking each other what they were going to watch on the tube that night (part of their routine, you know), and Wilbon says he's going to watch one of the games in the NBA Playoff series which were under way at the time and Kornheiser said for that night he was going to be watching "Dancing With the Stars". Says it all.

real
06-21-2007, 03:51 PM
and Kornheiser said for that night he was going to be watching "Dancing With the Stars". Says it all.

LOL...:gun:

Speedy
06-21-2007, 08:20 PM

Simon: Gentlemen, I'd like you to meet your captain, Captain Oveur.

Capt. Clarence Oveur: Gentlemen, welcome aboard.

Simon: Captain, your navigator, Mr. Unger, and your first officer, Mr. Dunn.

Capt. Clarence Oveur: Unger.

Mr. Unger: Oveur.

Mr. Dunn: Oveur.

Capt. Clarence Oveur: Dunn. Gentlemen, let's get to work.

Simon: Unger, didn't you serve under Oveur in the Air Force?

Mr. Unger: Not directly. Technically, Dunn was under Oveur, and I was under Dunn.

Mr. Dunn: Yep.

Simon: So, Dunn, you were under Oveur, and over Unger.

Capt. Clarence Oveur: Uhh, that's right. Dunn was over Unger, and I was over Dunn.

Mr. Unger: So, you see, both Dunn and I were under Oveur, even though I was under Dunn.

Capt. Clarence Oveur: Dunn was over Unger, and I was over Dunn.

Specnatz
06-22-2007, 10:50 AM
Kornheiser & Wilbon good on PTI, especially Wilbon who would be super as a
regular on MNF IMO.
But one day on PTI, K & W were asking each other what they were going to watch on the tube that night (part of their routine, you know), and Wilbon says he's going to watch one of the games in the NBA Playoff series which were under way at the time and Kornheiser said for that night he was going to be watching "Dancing With the Stars". Says it all.

That is his gimmick, he is very knowledgable in sports and actually I thought he did a fine job last year goating Theisman into making even more stupid comments or correcting the ones he had just made.

Texan_Bill
06-22-2007, 11:00 AM
Simon: Gentlemen, I'd like you to meet your captain, Captain Oveur.

Capt. Clarence Oveur: Gentlemen, welcome aboard.

Simon: Captain, your navigator, Mr. Unger, and your first officer, Mr. Dunn.

Capt. Clarence Oveur: Unger.

Mr. Unger: Oveur.

Mr. Dunn: Oveur.

Capt. Clarence Oveur: Dunn. Gentlemen, let's get to work.

Simon: Unger, didn't you serve under Oveur in the Air Force?

Mr. Unger: Not directly. Technically, Dunn was under Oveur, and I was under Dunn.

Simon: So, Dunn, you were under Oveur, and over Unger.

Capt. Clarence Oveur: Uhh, that's right. Dunn was over Unger, and I was over Dunn.

Mr. Unger: So, you see, both Dunn and I were under Oveur, even though I was under Dunn.

Capt. Clarence Oveur: Dunn was over Unger, and I was over Dunn.

AWESOME... I think I will rent Airplane this weekend.

Texan_Bill
06-22-2007, 11:01 AM
That is his gimmick, he is very knowledgable in sports and actually I thought he did a fine job last year goating Theisman into making even more stupid comments or correcting the ones he had just made.

I'm not a big Kornheiser fan, but I agree with Specnatz, I got pleasure out of listening to him goat Joe Theeeeeeeeesman into dumb comments (or should I say typical comments).