PDA

View Full Version : SportingNews list OD as a player to look out for

Overalls
06-15-2007, 07:54 PM
I like that more and more people seem to be noticing out players. This is an article about fantasy football.

http://fantasy.sportingnews.com/nfl/experts/roger-kuznia/20070613.html

Here is what he said about Owen.

TE Owen Daniels, Texans. I almost wrote off Daniels because his name doesn't even sound like a football player. He sounds more like the bartender at your local tavern, or like that John guy who makes whiskey. It doesn't help that Daniels came from the University of Wisconsin, where the idea of fun is getting a Trent Dilfer-like quarterback and letting the running backs and defense win games. Daniels' career stats at Wisconsin would be one good season for Tony Gonzalez, but Daniels showed as a rookie that he is clearly capable of producing. He's not Gonzalez good, but if I'm trolling for a bye-week tight end, Daniels will be the first one I look for.

real
06-15-2007, 07:58 PM
Od!!!!!

edo783
06-15-2007, 08:55 PM
Contrary to some posters opinion, I think OD will be the benificiary of Schuabs being able to read the defense and get rid of the ball quickly. I look for us to attack the middle of the field and that is OD's territory and not do near as much with the #2 WR as some folks seem to think.

Silver Oak
06-15-2007, 09:07 PM
thats the second or third media source to give OD some good press, and I wish they would stop it!

he was/is going to be one of my picks in one or both of my FF leagues but if he keeps getting press, he may be gone before I want to grab him.

nunusguy
06-16-2007, 10:12 AM
We still need to come up with a nickname for OD, something more origional & imaginative than just "The Weatherman".

alphajoker
06-16-2007, 10:51 AM
Contrary to some posters opinion, I think OD will be the benificiary of Schuabs being able to read the defense and get rid of the ball quickly. I look for us to attack the middle of the field and that is OD's territory and not do near as much with the #2 WR as some folks seem to think.

I agree...OD will probably be one of Schaub's favorite targets, along with AJ of course, and the need for a #2 WR may not seem so glaring. Regardless, I hope Walter can come along as that #2 WR because it will make the passing attack that much more lethal.

gwallaia
06-16-2007, 12:11 PM
Actually, Owen Daniels sounds like someone who makes breakfast sausage.

Koolaid Time
06-16-2007, 03:27 PM
Actually, Owen Daniels sounds like someone who makes breakfast sausage.

With lots of Bourbon thrown in.