PDA

View Full Version : I was thinking about what it means to be a Titans

Overalls
06-09-2007, 12:10 PM
I was do as I am want to do. Trolling the Titans boards and came across a thread where a poster asked about the name Titans. He must have been a new guy and my standard answer is that according to Greek mythology a Titan is a child of Uranus. Which is true, but irratates some to have it put that way. Well like a good Troll I wanted a link to a site that actually says it. So off I go to do a little searching and find a link easily. The way the site put it made me chuckle and got me thinking about the whole thing. This is what I posted.

Actually the Titans are the inbread children of Uranus and his sister Gaia. Shortly after their birth their daddy was neutered.

http://www.godchecker.com/pantheon/g...p?deity=TITANS

Quote:
TITANS: The twelve giant offspring of GAIA and URANUS.

They come in brother-sister pairs: CRONUS and RHEA, OCEANUS and TETHYS, HYPERION and THEA, IAPETUS and THEMIS, CRIUS and MNEMOSYNE, and COEUS and PHOEBE. (The six sisters are also called the TITANIDES, by the way.)

They were so big and painful in labour that poor GAIA couldn't bear to bear any more. So she got CRONUS to help with some radical birth control and newly neutered URANUS was overthrown.

After the deed was done, CRONUS and RHEA ruled over the Gods and the world entered a Golden Age of peace and prosperity. Of course this didn't last as the Gods warred against them and a disgruntled ZEUS banished them all to Tartarus Prison.

I know that sounds like smack, but it is also the truth behind the Titans OF GREEK MYTHOLOGY

Now what I started thinking was that Bud had to be Uranus (fits doesn't it). Bresden, the mayor of Nashville at the time of the move could then be Uranus' sister Gaia. Then I put Titan fans and players in place of the Titans, the gods. So they would be the inbred children of Bud and Bresden. That would mean that it would logical that Zeus could be Roger Goodell, the chief of the NFL and if you follow it that far it makes since that he banished Pacman, one of the Titans.

It has been a long week, but it made me chuckle anyway. My sympathy to all Titan fans.

UTVinceYoung
06-09-2007, 09:29 PM
It has been a long week, but it made me chuckle anyway. My sympathy to all Titan fans.

I don't need your sympathy. I'm PROUD to be a Titans fan just like you're proud to be a Texans fan. I haven't been on this board in a long time but it seems like you're still obsessed with the Titans. :gun: That is a shame too.....To spend all your time dedicated to a NFL football team and that takes away from your time talking and being exited about your favorite team. I really hope in time that you will seek professional help. Seriously. :cool:

Specnatz
06-09-2007, 09:35 PM
I don't need your sympathy. I'm PROUD to be a Titans fan just like you're proud to be a Texans fan. I haven't been on this board in a long time but it seems like you're still obsessed with the Titans. :gun: That is a shame too.....To spend all your time dedicated to a NFL football team and that takes away from your time talking and being exited about your favorite team. I really hope in time that you will seek professional help. Seriously. :cool:

I think you need mental help just for being a titans fan. But then again you are probably only a vy fan and cling to the titans without knowing there history.

UTVinceYoung
06-09-2007, 09:43 PM
I think you need mental help just for being a titans fan. But then again you are probably only a vy fan and cling to the titans without knowing there history.

Nope. Thank God you're not a pychic.... you wouldn't make any money. :)
I've been a fan since 2000. Next.....

Overalls
06-09-2007, 10:31 PM

Seeing as you are are either a child, too young to know what happened here in the mid 90s or a bandwagon fan that jumped on way back in 2000 you could never understand my point of view on the Titans because to understand my point of view you would have to realize that Bud Adams is the sorriest excuse for an owner that sold his soul and traitered out a team I was once a fan of. That's ok though your team is garbage.

By the way. Thanks for the negative rep points.

UTVinceYoung
06-09-2007, 10:48 PM
Seeing as you are are either a child, too young to know what happened here in the mid 90s or a bandwagon fan that jumped on way back in 2000 you could never understand my point of view on the Titans because to understand my point of view you would have to realize that Bud Adams is the sorriest excuse for an owner that sold his soul and traitered out a team I was once a fan of. That's ok though your team is garbage.

By the way. Thanks for the negative rep points.

I really don't care about Bud Adams or what he did to your Oilers team. That was a long time ago. I was in my early 20's at the time. I don't cry over the stuff that happened that long ago. Heck, I don't remember half the stuff that happened that long ago. Let it go.

Silver Oak
06-10-2007, 07:51 PM
I too peruse their forums a few times a week, and I get a kick out of the fact how sensitive they are about being such a small market/minor professional sports city.

As I type this I'm listening to the jukebox play "I hate the titans", but I truly hope we beat the ever loving **** out of Buds Boys this year and make vince eat his "guarantee" of them being in the playoffs this year.

powerfuldragon
06-10-2007, 08:14 PM
Titans are the inbread children of Uranusi think i've found a new sig. wtf do i do now? everything's relative in possum holler jokes? uranus jokes? this is a goldmine.

powerfuldragon
06-10-2007, 10:06 PM
yeah, whatever, i'm cabbageferguson now.

powerfuldragon
06-11-2007, 12:13 AM
exhausted. took a girl to the observatory last night. saw the rings of saturn with my own eyes. was an eventful night.

Ckw
06-11-2007, 03:12 AM

Man lighten up. He just found the similarities humorous. My bad that you don't understand what it's like to lose a hometown team, and it just now be right at around ten years since they bolted. We here have embraced our new team, but it is still a sore subject and will probably continue to be as long as Bud is running the team.

Texan_Bill
06-11-2007, 07:49 AM
I was do as I am want to do. Trolling the Titans boards and came across a thread where a poster asked about the name Titans. He must have been a new guy and my standard answer is that according to Greek mythology a Titan is a child of Uranus. Which is true, but irratates some to have it put that way. Well like a good Troll I wanted a link to a site that actually says it. So off I go to do a little searching and find a link easily. The way the site put it made me chuckle and got me thinking about the whole thing. This is what I posted.

Now what I started thinking was that Bud had to be Uranus (fits doesn't it). Bresden, the mayor of Nashville at the time of the move could then be Uranus' sister Gaia. Then I put Titan fans and players in place of the Titans, the gods. So they would be the inbred children of Bud and Bresden. That would mean that it would logical that Zeus could be Roger Goodell, the chief of the NFL and if you follow it that far it makes since that he banished Pacman, one of the Titans.

AWESOME!! Good job Overalls.

Blazing Arrow
06-11-2007, 01:43 PM
AWESOME!! Good job Overalls.

You would....

Texan_Bill
06-11-2007, 02:01 PM
You would....

Of course!!!... You know that's hillarious!!

Brando
06-11-2007, 02:35 PM
haha. That's funny Overalls.

Titans are the inbread children of Uranus

:user:

Double Barrel
06-11-2007, 04:13 PM
according to Greek mythology a Titan is a child of Uranus.

That's no myth!

I really don't care about Bud Adams or what he did to your Oilers team.

Alright, I'll catch you up on history: You got our sloppy seconds. Bud Adams is a big, fat jerk. Your franchise has the biggest choke in the history of the NFL. Smurf blue is fugly.

Specnatz
06-11-2007, 04:26 PM
Alright, I'll catch you up on history: You got our sloppy seconds. Bud Adams is a big, fat jerk. Your franchise has the biggest choke in the history of the NFL. Smurf blue is fugly.

Nicely put.

:texflag:

Blazing Arrow
06-11-2007, 05:10 PM
That's no myth!

May I recommend a light Syrah with that bitterness?

Double Barrel
06-11-2007, 05:21 PM
May I recommend a light Syrah with that bitterness?

Thanks, but I don't drink. :cowboy1:

Bitter? Nah. I'm just stating fact. None of the points I mentioned can really be disputed (well, smurf blue being fugly could be subjective, I suppose).

I'm actually glad that we no longer have to deal with Bud Adams and his "finer qualities". Dude was a cancer on the Houston sports scene for years. There is a reason why former Oilers feel more love for Houston than the former franchise.

See, BA, you are probably the exception to the rule for Titans fans. I'd venture that most take the attitude of UTVinceYoung:

"I really don't care about Bud Adams or what he did to your Oilers team."

So the history of the team, much less the great players, are lost on Titans fans. Franchise records are just numbers in a book without pictures. The greatness of Earl and Bum and Elvin and Warren, etc., are for old Oiler fans, not Titans fans. Seriously, when Bruce Mathews tried to say that the so-called "Music City Miracle" made up for 35-3, I saw the look on Titans fans' faces. It was the look of "huh?" :um:

Sloppy seconds indeed.

And before you feel the need to run smack on our lowly Texans, just remember that your team has won the same number of Super Bowls that we have: 0...except we've only been trying for five years, and what is Bud on now? Well over four decades of futility. (And don't let that number one loser of 2000 mean anything other than what it really was....one yard short and all).

UTVinceYoung
06-12-2007, 07:26 PM
It's spelled psychic. You go ALL the way back to 2000? Man, you're almost a dinosaur. What makes all of us who go back to Houston when Earl Cambell played?

and your point is?

UTVinceYoung
06-12-2007, 07:27 PM
why is it that every titans fan feels the need to express how much better "their" team is to ours. why don't they try building a team out of nothing?

oh wait...

yeah and how has that worked out for your team?

UTVinceYoung
06-12-2007, 07:30 PM
That's no myth!

haha thats funny you think the Titans are the biggest choke in the history of the NFL. Is that supposed to be a compliment coming from a Texans fan?

Specnatz
06-12-2007, 07:45 PM
haha thats funny you think the Titans are the biggest choke in the history of the NFL. Is that supposed to be a compliment coming from a Texans fan?

Dude reread what he said and then go back and read football history about the biggiest choke in a football game.

I know it is hard the whole reading concept but I am sure they do teach that all the way up until your senior yearof the 6th grade.

UTVinceYoung
06-12-2007, 07:52 PM
So the history of the team, much less the great players, are lost on Titans fans. Franchise records are just numbers in a book without pictures. The greatness of Earl and Bum and Elvin and Warren, etc., are for old Oiler fans, not Titans fans.

Please explain why some of the Texans fans say that the history of the old Oilers team now belong to the Titans fans but you just stated that the greatness of Earl, Bum, Elvin and Warren are for the Oilers fans, not the Titans fans. Pass me some of that stuff you're smoking too. lol

Second Honeymoon
06-12-2007, 07:53 PM
The Oilers/Titans have won the same amount of championships as the Texans....zero

i will never hold a Titans fan accountable for the 35-3 meltdown...that would just be wrong...but I do have 3 words for any Titans fan.

One Yard Short

sucks to be you....btw nice offseason Titans fan :sarcasm:
...when Bud went to Hickville he said he would spare no expense to bring a championship. Well last time I checked you were 31st in payroll....I know math isn't exactly a strong suit for people around Tennessee but even an inbred yokel drunk on moonshine would know that being 31st out of 32 teams is pretty pathetic.

UTVinceYoung
06-12-2007, 07:54 PM
Dude reread what he said and then go back and read football history about the biggiest choke in a football game.

I know it is hard the whole reading concept but I am sure they do teach that all the way up until your senior yearof the 6th grade.

I will read the history and post it here for you to read as soon as your team actually plays in a playoff game. I guess I will never get to post it though.

UTVinceYoung
06-12-2007, 07:58 PM
The Oilers/Titans have won the same amount of championships as the Texans....zero

i will never hold a Titans fan accountable for the 35-3 meltdown...that would just be wrong...but I do have 3 words for any Titans fan.

One Yard Short

sucks to be you....btw nice offseason Titans fan...when Bud went to Hickville he said he would spare no expense to bring a championship. Well last time I checked you were 31st in payroll....I know math isn't exactly a strong suit for people around Tennessee but even an inbred yokel drunk on moonshine would know that being 31st out of 32 teams is pretty pathetic.

You would know about nice offseasons. Remember when your team passed up on both Reggie and Vince, turned around and got rid of Carr and picked up a quarterback who has little to none experience on a football field. Now that's pathetic.

P.S. I really enjoyed the last Titans/Texans game when your fans went wild when Vince ran for a touchdown in overtime. The crowd went nuts! It was so much fun. Very nice stadium you got but too bad the Titans own it. :)

UTVinceYoung
06-12-2007, 08:07 PM
For Houston, I can't see how moving back two slots in the draft (from 8 to 10) AND trading two second-round picks to get an unproven QB, who will quickly have to learn the system in Houston, a.k.a., run for fargin' life, is a good move.

Overalls
06-12-2007, 08:30 PM
Please explain why some of the Texans fans say that the history of the old Oilers team now belong to the Titans fans but you just stated that the greatness of Earl, Bum, Elvin and Warren are for the Oilers fans, not the Titans fans. Pass me some of that stuff you're smoking too. lol

If you can't tell the difference between an Oiler fan and a Titans fan you are just plain ignorant.

Specnatz
06-12-2007, 08:44 PM
For Houston, I can't see how moving back two slots in the draft (from 8 to 10) AND trading two second-round picks to get an unproven QB, who will quickly have to learn the system in Houston, a.k.a., run for fargin' life, is a good move.

That is because your knowledge of football is equal to my dogs. At least Schaud has receivers to throw to, and if and when vy ever learns to throw then maybe just maybe bud and his bean counter will go get some.

You would know about nice offseasons. Remember when your team passed up on both Reggie and Vince, turned around and got rid of Carr and picked up a quarterback who has little to none experience on a football field. Now that's pathetic.

P.S. I really enjoyed the last Titans/Texans game when your fans went wild when Vince ran for a touchdown in overtime. The crowd went nuts! It was so much fun. Very nice stadium you got but too bad the Titans own it. :)

No those were not Texans fans those were tsippers who are as pathetic as titan fans. Yet again you are worse than the guy talking out his but on espin commercials.

As far as passing up on vy, I liked it because look how many wr want to be apart of his one read and run offense. and bush is not an every down back and would not have helped the Texans yet again it is better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you know nothing, than to open your mouth and prove that you don't.

Second Honeymoon
06-12-2007, 08:49 PM

translation: i got owned and am grasping at straws.

horrible offseason...check
31st in payroll...check
12 pack of Busch Light bought with food stamps...check

sounds like you are ready for the season to begin

Immobilarity
06-12-2007, 09:35 PM
I'm still trying to get over the fact that the Titans are inbred.

ReliantTexan
06-12-2007, 11:23 PM
For Houston, I can't see how moving back two slots in the draft (from 8 to 10) AND trading two second-round picks to get an unproven QB, who will quickly have to learn the system in Houston, a.k.a., run for fargin' life, is a good move.Well for the titans i don't see how getting rid of their best RB(who rushed for 1200 last season)and handing over the reigns to BIG BOY Lendale White,then cutting loose your best WR on an already awful WR core and to top it all of doing absolutely zilch in free agency to help a QB just heading in his 2nd season,is a good move.And i don't see why you would even bring up our moving down,the draft is over we got the player we wanted so no biggy,as for our second rounders they're more unproven than Schaub is, and who needs 2nd rounders if your just going to piss them away like ya'll did.I hate it how much people exagerrate our Oline they tend to forget that we gave up less sacks than the seahawks and bills,and that was with both our starting tackles injured for most of the season(our Left tackle all but 2 games) not to mention DC's horrible pocket awareness.

Texan_Bill
06-13-2007, 10:02 AM

Are you serious?? Do you really have to ask a question like that? We know you are just a t-sip fan with a man-crush on vy.

Here's the thing. The Titans (or Bud) own all of the rights, logos and records of the Houston Oilers. Most notably, the hairball that was left all over Rich Stadium in Buffalo which allowed the NFL to forget about the hair ball left in Denver the year before (which was equally as sickening). In typical fashion, that organization comes up a yard short.... 1 yard short.... If someone didn't beleive in Karma prior to that - they certainly did afterward...

NOW, what is the difference between 'those' records that the Titans and their fans "own" VS. some of the players / coaches that we the old Oiler fans claim is that - to a man, the names you mentioned have expressed that they are "HOUSTON Oilers"... NOT Tennessee Oilers, NOT Nashville Inbreds from Uranus. Even Bruce Mathews has expressed similar thoughts...

So, with that said, perhaps it is you that should step away from the bong...

Texan_Bill
06-13-2007, 10:04 AM
That's no myth!

DB.... You stole my "sloppy seconds" bit. lol...

Double Barrel
06-13-2007, 10:05 AM

35-3

This score means something in your franchise's history books. Look it up.

Your boy Bud Adams took all Oilers records to Tennessee. He did not want to give Titans fans a fresh start, but rather, he decided that you need his baggage from the past four decades (even if it has absolutely no relevance to Titans fans).

Those HOUSTON OILERS players have numbers retired in a Tennessee Titans stadium. That's what I'm talking about. Look at the number 34, and what does it mean (other than your I.Q.). Nothing to you, but everything to Houston Oiler fans.

Your team has the historical records, but Houston fans have the memories. Titans fans have....Bud.

If you could care less about Oilers history, fine. I'm not losing sleep over it. But how you can consider yourself a true fan of a team and disregard their past is beyond me. We have a word for that around these parts: bandwaggoner.

I know that speaking beyond monosyllable words in long sentences tires you out, so I am typing really slow for you.

Texan_Bill
06-13-2007, 10:06 AM

Obviously you can't see too much at all... If I were you, I would be more worried about what the Titans did this offseason - or what they haven't done.

Texan_Bill
06-13-2007, 10:08 AM
I will read the history and post it here for you to read as soon as your team actually plays in a playoff game. I guess I will never get to post it though.

Typical........... Cop out.

Read the history before you open your mouth and ignorantly spew forth.

Texan_Bill
06-13-2007, 10:09 AM
I'm still trying to get over the fact that the Titans are inbred.

Please get it right.... Inbreds from Uranus. Thus the nickname Tinbreds!!

Texan_Bill
06-13-2007, 10:15 AM
35-3

This score means something in your franchise's history books. Look it up.

Another one that means something from the previous year...

21-6 halftime lead at Denver ---> Final score 26-24 Denver

Blazing Arrow
06-13-2007, 10:45 AM
Another one that means something from the previous year...

21-6 halftime lead at Denver ---> Final score 26-24 Denver

Elway was past the line on that last drive. :rant:

Texan_Bill
06-13-2007, 10:47 AM

Very nice - Arrow. Props!!

BUT.... Two words: Stagger Lee

*EDIT*
OOOOPS! Stagger Lee was a DIFFERENT play-off loss in Denver.

Blazing Arrow
06-13-2007, 11:10 AM
Very nice - Arrow. Props!!

BUT.... Two words: Stagger Lee

*EDIT*
OOOOPS! Stagger Lee was a DIFFERENT play-off loss in Denver.

Yeah, f the Broncos

Overalls
06-13-2007, 12:40 PM

Buffalo says the same thing about the MCM.

Blazing Arrow
06-13-2007, 01:26 PM
Buffalo says the same thing about the MCM.

Don't recall Elway being on the Titans. You know the derrcik in you felt the same. The MCM was reviewed by the league an upheld so ....

You guys sound like a bunch of bitter ex's. The thing you loved and treasured and gave your heart too is now just something you crack jokes about? How many times did you sit around and defend the merits of the Oilers and how much you loved the players? The tone of this thread is sad really.

Specnatz
06-13-2007, 01:34 PM
Don't recall Elway being on the Titans. You know the derrcik in you felt the same. The MCM was reviewed by the league an upheld so ....

You guys sound like a bunch of bitter ex's. The thing you loved and treasured and gave your heart too is now just something you crack jokes about? How many times did you sit around and defend the merits of the Oilers and how much you loved the players? The tone of this thread is sad really.

You were the one whinning about Elway being past the line of scrimmage, boohoo ... go get a blinky and deal with it.

So when someone brings up mcm they sound bitter. :potkettle:

Blazing Arrow
06-13-2007, 01:36 PM
If you can't tell the difference between an Oiler fan and a Titans fan you are just plain ignorant.

I am both, I am confused by your statement.

One thing I can tell is a butt-hurt Oilers fan convert who is now a Texans fan, from a Titans fan. The hint is in the eyes. Titans fans see have a glimmer of hope in the back of there eyes, Texans fans have tears. :pirate:

Texan_Bill
06-13-2007, 01:38 PM

You think so?!?! You should see how I treat my ex... The one that cheated on me....

Texan_Bill
06-13-2007, 01:42 PM
I am both, I am confused by your statement.

One thing I can tell is a butt-hurt Oilers fan convert who is now a Texans fan, from a Titans fan. The hint is in the eyes. Titans fans see have a glimmer of hope in the back of there eyes, Texans fans have tears. :pirate:

You are way off base there - Arrow.

Texans fans have a quiet confidence...... Of course we get that smug look on our faces when we think of the coming season that the Titans have to look forward to. Actually its less of a smug look and more of holding back outright laughter.

By the way, there may be a few on this board that followed the Titans before the Texans arrived, but I would bet you dollars to donuts most didn't.

Blazing Arrow
06-13-2007, 01:45 PM
You were the one whinning about Elway being past the line of scrimmage, boohoo ... go get a blinky and deal with it.

So when someone brings up mcm they sound bitter. :potkettle:

I brought up the Elway thing because I remember the game and I remember from that moment on having complete dislike for the man. There was no whining. I did not go off on it. I mentioned what I felt was an accurate statement.

Seriously it is like you do not even read the statements that are made. Overalls brought up the MCM to compare to the Elway thing. I just stated the fact that after the event the league reviewed the play and said it was not a forward pass. No argument no bitterness just facts.

But since you missed the entire point of my post I will make it simple for you:
Texans fans who use to be Oiler fans trying to smack (check DB and TB post. Can't miss the giant highlighted numbers) the team they use to give there hearts too is completely weak and two-faced (harsher word then I wanted to use but could not think of a better one).

At one point you cheer them on with all of your soul the next you use the same smack that was probably used against you so many years ago.

Second Honeymoon
06-13-2007, 01:46 PM

i ain't no bitterman. i guarantee you that every Texans fan in this thread still loves the Houston Oilers with all their heart and more than any Titans fan could ever dream of. Bud can take the records and jerseys but he can't take the memories, even the bad ones (of which there were legion).

the only sad tone in this thread is the lamenting of the Titans fan. You thought you had it all figured out going into this offseason. Young stud QB. Great head coach. 2nd most cap room to sign a bounty of FAs. A premier DB with insane return skills. Well once Floyd left the whole outhouse went into flames, didn't it?
Let me be the first to congratulate you on such a 'wonderful' offseason..here is to your team struggling to be 6-10.. k thx bye

Blazing Arrow
06-13-2007, 01:48 PM
You think so?!?! You should see how I treat my ex... The one that cheated on me....

So I guess the others were lucky :chicken:

Immobilarity
06-13-2007, 01:50 PM
May I be the one to further add to the ex-GF analogy by accusing the Titans of having a VD?

Second Honeymoon
06-13-2007, 01:51 PM

ooh burn. :)

Texan_Bill
06-13-2007, 01:52 PM

The "others" lived...... :hunter:

Specnatz
06-13-2007, 01:56 PM
I brought up the Elway thing because I remember the game and I remember from that moment on having complete dislike for the man. There was no whining. I did not go off on it. I mentioned what I felt was an accurate statement.

Seriously it is like you do not even read the statements that are made. Overalls brought up the MCM to compare to the Elway thing. I just stated the fact that after the event the league reviewed the play and said it was not a forward pass. No argument no bitterness just facts.

Texans fans who use to be Oiler fans trying to smack (check DB and TB post. Can't miss the giant highlighted numbers) the team they use to give there hearts too is completely weak and two-faced (harsher word then I wanted to use but could not think of a better one).

At one point you cheer them on with all of your soul the next you use the same smack that was probably used against you so many years ago.

First of all, I was never an Oilers fan. Could not bring myself to be a fan of a team with an owner like super comb-over.

So when someone uses this symbol :rant: it does not really mean that, as you put it There was no whining. I did not go off on it. what does it mean, that you have no feelings about it what so ever? If you were only stating a fact you would not have put that there.

So yet again you try to be little me by saying I do not read the statements that are made. Yet I do read them and because you do not know how to form a sentence structure without completely misplacing things so your meaning is totaly misconstrude, this way you get to act like you are smarter than someone and be little them. While I am sorry you feel that you have to do that to make yourself feel better, now that is pathetic.

Typical bud follower.

ChildressTitanMan
06-13-2007, 01:57 PM
exhausted. took a girl to the observatory last night. saw the rings of saturn with my own eyes. was an eventful night.

Did you get to see uranus?:tease:

Blazing Arrow
06-13-2007, 02:07 PM
First of all, I was never an Oilers fan. Could not bring myself to be a fan of a team with an owner like super comb-over.

So when someone uses this symbol :rant: it does not really mean that, as you put it There was no whining. I did not go off on it. what does it mean, that you have no feelings about it what so ever? If you were only stating a fact you would not have put that there.

So yet again you try to be little me by saying I do not read the statements that are made. Yet I do read them and because you do not know how to form a sentence structure without completely misplacing things so your meaning is totaly misconstrude, this way you get to act like you are smarter than someone and be little them. While I am sorry you feel that you have to do that to make yourself feel better, now that is pathetic.

Typical bud follower.

The word is actually belittle ..... :rolleyes: ... but I am sure that was bated.

It is not my fault you take things out of context. If I am jabbing around with TB it is not meant to be some huge serious thing. I have seen the play probably 20 times, I felt he was over the line, but it is not like I made a public case about the play. I think actually this is the first time I have brought it up. It was so many years ago though to not be over it would be crazy.

You think I belittle you because I had to in the last thread point out 3 times you had not taken the time to read the article the thread was about, then IMO misinterpreted a statement by Goodell. If you took the time to read it you would not open up yourself for stuff like that.

And the posts were not direct at you in the first place and you decided to chime in. Your choice but if I disagree with you I will reply.

Specnatz
06-13-2007, 02:13 PM
The word is actually belittle ..... :rolleyes: ... but I am sure that was bated.

It is not my fault you take things out of context. If I am jabbing around with TB it is not meant to be some huge serious thing. I have seen the play probably 20 times, I felt he was over the line, but it is not like I made a public case about the play. I think actually this is the first time I have brought it up. It was so many years ago though to not be over it would be crazy.

You think I belittle you because I had to in the last thread point out 3 times you had not taken the time to read the article the thread was about, then IMO misinterpreted a statement by Goodell. If you took the time to read it you would not open up yourself for stuff like that.

And the posts were not direct at you in the first place and you decided to chime in. Your choice but if I disagree with you I will reply.

Well let me point out that you did not read my post very well because you did not even comment on the rant on symbol you used .. of course I figured you would completely gloss over that because it would not fit into your point of it actually talking about how many times you have mentioned something. Just because you have only mentioned it once in a thread anywhere on this board does not take away from you using the icon regarding it a rant, but that is what you do best.

Double Barrel
06-13-2007, 02:15 PM

I have absolutely no animosity, and have all love, in my heart towards the Houston Oilers and Oilers players.

But the Oilers no longer exist.

We still embrace the memories and players, though. The Texans have more Oilers players at autograph signings than Titans fans could ever imagine.

Heywood Jeffries - of which most Titans fans are clueless - was at All Access 2007 and had a line a mile long. Freakwood loved the fans, and the fans loved Freakwood. ("Freakwood" is Jeffries' nic back in the day for you historically challenged Titans fans.)

And I'd bet that he'd get that infamous blank stare if he was at Bud's stadium signing autographs.

If anyone should be bitter, it's Titans fans. We got a new team, new start, new stadium, and best of all, NEW OWNER.

Titans fans, on the other hand, got sloppy seconds, leftover smurf blue, team records that they never experienced as fans, and worst of all, BIG FAT BUD ADAMS.

I'd feel sorry for you if you weren't so arrogant about it.

You can attempt to run your rather meaningless smack all you want to, but it is quite pointless. We don't live in the past, but we don't forget it, either.

Here you are - a Titans fan - on a Texans board running smack about a five year old franchise, while being completely ignorant of your own team's historical failures and players. And you want to lecture us on 'sad and pathetic'? You're a case study on the subject, skippy.

Blazing Arrow
06-13-2007, 02:19 PM
Well let me point out that you did not read my post very well because you did not even comment on the rant on symbol you used .. of course I figured you would completely gloss over that because it would not fit into your point of it actually talking about how many times you have mentioned something. Just because you have only mentioned it once in a thread anywhere on this board does not take away from you using the icon regarding it a rant, but that is what you do best.

the rant smiley was meant as a joke really. I was hoping that was obvious, but I guess not.

I think you take me to seriously and that is why we bump heads. No hard feelings take my post more light hearted and they will not get to you as much.

Specnatz
06-13-2007, 02:22 PM
NFL live is about to do the best comeback in plaoff history .. I wonder what it will be.

Specnatz
06-13-2007, 02:26 PM
'72 Cowboys down 16 to 49ers

'06 Colts

'57 lions beat 49ers down 20

'02 49ers beat giants down 27

'92 35-3 Bills vs Oilers ... final 41-38

ChildressTitanMan
06-13-2007, 02:33 PM
Dyamn, it was 15 years ago but I remember it as clearly as Young burning McNair's play house down last year.

Blazing Arrow
06-13-2007, 05:22 PM
Titans fans, on the other hand, got sloppy seconds, leftover smurf blue, team records that they never experienced as fans, and worst of all, BIG FAT BUD ADAMS.

I'd feel sorry for you if you weren't so arrogant about it.

I don't need your pity .... the AFC Title ring will do just fine thanks.

Assuming that no fan of the Titans was an Oiler fan. That is a huge assumption that is not correct. I know at least two people that posted in this thread alone that that does not apply too.

You can attempt to run your rather meaningless smack all you want to, but it is quite pointless. We don't live in the past, but we don't forget it, either.

Here you are - a Titans fan - on a Texans board running smack about a five year old franchise, while being completely ignorant of your own team's historical failures and players. And you want to lecture us on 'sad and pathetic'? You're a case study on the subject, skippy.

Pathetic? I never used that word. What I did say was "sad" was abandoning your childhood team and memories. Then to take it to the point of pulling out games that broke your heart at the time just as much as mine. Seems kind of Benedict Arnold to me.

Pointing out problems with the Titans is one thing but bringing in Oilers history, a team you have admitted to being a die hard of is sad. It is even worst if you can not see the reason why, jimbo.

Texan_Bill
06-13-2007, 05:29 PM
Dyamn, it was 15 years ago but I remember it as clearly as Young burning McNair's play house down last year.

Enjoy it because that wont happen again...

Dang, I can remember Earl rushing for 199 yards (on MNF against Miami) almost 30 years ago, but I remember it as clearly as the Titans falling 1 yard short....

brakos82
06-13-2007, 05:37 PM

How many times do I have to tell you... don't let out the fact that you can see into the future with all the talk of the Ravens' stadium being blown away from a hurricane! :bat:

Texan_Bill
06-13-2007, 05:41 PM

Assuming that no fan of the Titans was an Oiler fan. That is a huge assumption that is not correct. I know at least two people that posted in this thread alone that that does not apply too.

Pathetic? I never used that word. What I did say was "sad" was abandoning your childhood team and memories. Then to take it to the point of pulling out games that broke your heart at the time just as much as mine. Seems kind of Benedict Arnold to me.

Pointing out problems with the Titans is one thing but bringing in Oilers history, a team you have admitted to being a die hard of is sad. It is even worst if you can not see the reason why, jimbo.

Thats exactly what Bud the bad hair rug hopes you would say...

Assuming that no fan of the Titans was an Oiler fan. That is a huge assumption that is not correct. I know at least two people that posted in this thread alone that that does not apply too. If I read you correctly, I only know of you and Childress. But I think you were suggesting that it included me. But just to clarify.... I was a Houston Oiler season ticket holder and fan... Not Tennessee Oilers nor Titans..

Pathetic? I never used that word. What I did say was "sad" was abandoning your childhood team and memories. Then to take it to the point of pulling out games that broke your heart at the time just as much as mine. Seems kind of Benedict Arnold to me. I dont think some people realize that you were an Oiler fan before the move - and that you have no ties to Tennessee because you are from the left coast... With that said, the "move" had no bearing on your fandom...

Pointing out problems with the Titans is one thing but bringing in Oilers history, a team you have admitted to being a die hard of is sad. It is even worst if you can not see the reason why, jimbo Sorry, the hatred for Bud will always keep people on one side of the fence or the other. In most cases we claim the players. Especially the players who refuse to acknowledge the Titans because they were "Houston Oilers". We stick Bud with all the fun records, because afterall he owns them: Buffalo, Denver etc... They are no longer the black cloud (named Bud) over Houston...

Back to Topic......
Titans will have a horrible season and VY misses 5 games with injury....

Il_Bruno
06-13-2007, 05:48 PM
nah young wont miss any games with injury, although he'll probably wish he had.

I think Young's madden curse was the FO he had this off-season. the curse is finding more and more ways to affect players :devilpig:

Blazing Arrow
06-13-2007, 05:50 PM
Thats exactly what Bud the bad hair rug hopes you would say...

What does McNair hope you will say, maybe next season?

If I read you correctly, I only know of you and Childress. But I think you were suggesting that it included me. But just to clarify.... I was a Houston Oiler season ticket holder and fan... Not Tennessee Oilers nor Titans..

Childress and myself.

I dont think some people realize that you were an Oiler fan before the move - and that you have no ties to Tennessee because you are from the left coast... With that said, the "move" had no bearing on your fandom...

Exactly, so in a way I get the best of both worlds. My team I have been loayal too for 20+ years is still the same team to me. Yeah we have different uni or what not but I also remember getting harassed in school about oil derricks and TN. Now they change there name and the next group comes in to make a new comment.

Sorry, the hatred for Bud will always keep people on one side of the fence or the other. In most cases we claim the players. Especially the players who refuse to acknowledge the Titans because they were "Houston Oilers". We stick Bud with all the fun records, because afterall he owns them: Buffalo, Denver etc... They are no longer the black cloud (named Bud) over Houston...

Back to Topic......
Titans will have a horrible season and VY misses 5 games with injury....

I understand the hate for the OWNER but the team? The players do not make the choices. To hate a team because of one person is pretty bad. I mean if that were the case would there be any Raider fans? (one could only hope).

Blazing Arrow
06-13-2007, 05:53 PM
Don't get me wrong the Oilers smack is good smack just not coming from old Oilers fans, IMO seem low brow.

Specnatz
06-13-2007, 06:11 PM
Exactly, so in a way I get the best of both worlds. My team I have been loayal too for 20+ years is still the same team to me. Yeah we have different uni or what not but I also remember getting harassed in school about oil derricks and TN. Now they change there name and the next group comes in to make a new comment.

OK so you have been loyal to the same team for 20 years, would you not want the owner to show the same loyalty? I thought that was the point, to be loyal to the team and they loyal to you. I do not see any Colts fans continuing to love them after they moved or the Ram or the cardinals in football. The fans got screwed and will hate the team for it for all time.

I understand the hate for the OWNER but the team? The players do not make the choices. To hate a team because of one person is pretty bad. I mean if that were the case would there be any Raider fans? (one could only hope).

Why, it has happened in all sports. Don't the players represent the team? So as the player is, so is the team. When fans show there displeasure for how players act and the team does something about players who act certain ways, that means the fans are ok by those actions so those actions represent the fans.

Blazing Arrow
06-13-2007, 06:36 PM
OK so you have been loyal to the same team for 20 years, would you not want the owner to show the same loyalty? I thought that was the point, to be loyal to the team and they loyal to you. I do not see any Colts fans continuing to love them after they moved or the Ram or the cardinals in football. The fans got screwed and will hate the team for it for all time.

Though I would want the loyalty I did not purchase the team. The team was purchased to make money. If the franchise does not make money then it needs to move. I think if you were put in a situation where someone said move the team and you will make millions more then you do now you would make the move. Maybe not but before the situation is staring you right in the face I have a feeling you would answer that question with your heart not logic. People who have the money that Adams has do not get rich by letting there heart get in the way.

I didn't know the Cards had fans but I will take your word on it. The Rams fan base was soft anyways coming out of LA. Show up in the 2nd leave in the early 4th to beat traffic.

Why, it has happened in all sports. Don't the players represent the team? So as the player is, so is the team. When fans show there displeasure for how players act and the team does something about players who act certain ways, that means the fans are ok by those actions so those actions represent the fans.

While people do hate a player for what ever reason the owner is another story. Does not play, does not make the on field decisions durning game time.

Double Barrel
06-13-2007, 06:45 PM

oh yeah, that No. 1 Loser ring. Must keep you warm at night. It'll go good with those back-to-back AFL Championship trophies.

The fact is that your franchise has the same number of NFL Championships as mine...except yours has been in existence for over 40 years, while mine a mere 5.

You might not need my pity, but you have it anyway because you deserve it.

Now I've already given you props earlier in this thread as the exception to the rule. So don't be so delusional to believe that the overwhelming majority of Titans fans - you know, those that live in Tennessee - were Oilers fans.

So you've got three examples in this thread, but compared to the tens of thousands in Tennessee, I do believe you are in the minority of Titans fans that were fans of the Houston Oilers. (In case your public education has failed you, "minority" means "less than".)

O.K., I'm going to type really slow in order for your comprehension:

The Houston Oilers no longer exist, they're gone, history.

My mention of Oilers history was a direct response to one of your fans:

Originally Posted by UTVinceYoung

This is a position that most Titans fans have, and if anything you should find sad, it's bandwagon fans that refuse to acknowledge their team's past.

Go ahead, defend his statement. It just makes it all that much sadder.

See above reply, and feel free to ask questions for clarification if any of the words are too big.

I was a diehard fan, but how can you be a fan of something that no longer exists? The Tennessee Titans are not the Houston Oilers. It's a pretty black and white reality that you do not seem to be able to grasp.

And speaking of Benedict Arnold; Who was it, exactly, that moved the team, changed the name and colors, and denies history while clinging to record books?

Let me know when Titans retro jerseys sport an oil derrick. Until then, your attempt to belittle our memories is in vain. We remember something that most Titans fans are clueless about. We celebrate players and the Houston Oilers every year. We embrace our past. A past, I should add, that has never included the Tennesee Titans.

My team I have been loayal too for 20+ years is still the same team to me.

So you weren't even around for Luv Ya Blue. hmmmpf...figures.

Don't get me wrong the Oilers smack is good smack just not coming from old Oilers fans, IMO seem low brow.

I suppose a Titans fan trolling a Texans forum would know low brow when he sees it, so I guess you got me there. I defer to the expert in the field. :ok:

Double Barrel
06-13-2007, 06:56 PM
heh, on a side note, thanks to UTVinceYoung for the negative rep in a smack thread.

You do realize two things, right?

1. We're just having fun, and I like all NFL fans (sports is superficial entertainment that we can't get too emotional about), and...

2. UTVinceYoung has absolutely no rep power, so it is quite meaningless. If I were one to seek vengeance, I'd return the favor. But I'm not like that, and will refrain from giving you -27 rep points.

My apologies if your feelings were hurt in a soft emotional state. It's all in good fun, right Blazing Arrow? :)

But I shall wear the neg rep from Titans fan with honor!

UTVinceYoung
06-13-2007, 07:14 PM
Houston Oilers history belongs to the Tennessee Titans and their fans. Sorry but it's true. The only thing that changed for the Oilers was the name of the team but The Tennessee Titans are the old Houston Oilers. Sorry. Thanks for the history.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Houston_Oilers

During the 1998 season, Adams announced that in response to fan requests, he was changing the Oilers' name to coincide with the opening of their new stadium and to better connect with Nashville. He also declared that the renamed team would retain the Oilers' heritage (including team records) and that there would be a Hall of Fame honoring the greatest players from both eras. Unlike four years earlier, when Art Modell was forced to leave the Cleveland Browns' name and heritage behind when he moved his organization to Baltimore, NFL Commissioner Paul Tagliabue raised no objection when Adams declared that he would retain the rights to the Oilers name--effectively foreclosing Houston from reclaiming it for an expansion team.

Specnatz
06-13-2007, 07:18 PM
Houston Oilers history belongs to the Tennessee Titans and their fans. Sorry but it's true. The only thing that changed for the Oilers was the name of the team but The Tennessee Titans are the old Houston Oilers. Sorry. Thanks for the history.

You do know that anyone can change the info on wikiepedia so quoting something like that and putting it as gossible even if it is right only makes you look like someone who would watch a movie to do a book report on. Nice, I bet your teachers are so very proud of you.

UTVinceYoung
06-13-2007, 07:25 PM
You do know that anyone can change the info on wikiepedia so quoting something like that and putting it as gossible even if it is right only makes you look like someone who would watch a movie to do a book report on. Nice, I bet your teachers are so very proud of you.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/teams/history/TEN

http://www.databasefootball.com/teams/teampage.htm?tm=ten&lg=nfl

what's your excuse now?

Blazing Arrow
06-13-2007, 07:27 PM
Now I've already given you props earlier in this thread as the exception to the rule. So don't be so delusional to believe that the overwhelming majority of Titans fans - you know, those that live in Tennessee - were Oilers fans.

There is no delusion I see it all of the time on the Titans boards, but I am also not naive enough to assume that every person who is a football fan is 30+ .

So you've got three examples in this thread, but compared to the tens of thousands in Tennessee, I do believe you are in the minority of Titans fans that were fans of the Houston Oilers. (In case your public education has failed you, "minority" means "less than".)

Funny, I used 2 examples. The number that proceeds 2. I went to a private high school (ranked#1 in the nation, had a national championship my senior year, and currently has two NFL starts A Toomer, and DJ Williams.). I have two degrees from the #5 rank public University in the nation and a pretty plush job at a winery. If you must know.

See I am able to ID low brow comments because they always seem to goto some level that attacks the poster and does not attack the post. It is also the signs of someone who has nothing else to say so in there head they have to make up things that make them feel better about themselves inside.

O.K., I'm going to type really slow in order for your comprehension:

Oh here is another. I am good at this game. :rolleyes:

The Houston Oilers no longer exist, they're gone, history.

Yes, Titan history.

My mention of Oilers history was a direct response to one of your fans:

Originally Posted by UTVinceYoung

This is a position that most Titans fans have, and if anything you should find sad, it's bandwagon fans that refuse to acknowledge their team's past.

Go ahead, defend his statement. It just makes it all that much sadder.

I do not defend other posts. They were not my words. I do think it is sad that people do not take the time to recognize the history, but again I am not one of those people. As a former Oilers fan it was low class of you to rip on events that happened to a team that you followed. I have been trying to think of the word that best describes that and all I come up with is turncoat or two-faced. It is the same as when Barlow last season came out against the 9ers saying what a crappy team they were not more then a week after he was traded.

See above reply, and feel free to ask questions for clarification if any of the words are too big.

OH OH, another.

I was a diehard fan, but how can you be a fan of something that no longer exists? The Tennessee Titans are not the Houston Oilers. It's a pretty black and white reality that you do not seem to be able to grasp.

Are the SF Giants the same team as the NY Giants? Are the LA Dodgers the same team as the Brooklyn Dodgers? Time heals wounds and when your generation passes I bet there will be a allot more people willing to accept the organizations entire history. Titans fans and the NFL seem to be able to make the correlation, it just seems that football fans in Houston can not make that leap.

So you weren't even around for Luv Ya Blue. hmmmpf...figures.

Before my time. I was a 9er fan as a young child because they were what was on. Moon and the shoot got me hooked on the Oilers/Titans. I have been a fan since.

I suppose a Titans fan trolling a Texans forum would know low brow when he sees it, so I guess you got me there. I defer to the expert in the field. :ok:

I was able to ID several instances in this post of low brow comments. I guess I am the expert. Keep it to the team and do not attack the poster. People who knew me from the original TT know that I keep it to football and refrain from the low class stuff unless I am trying to make a point of how asinine it sounds.

Blazing Arrow
06-13-2007, 07:31 PM
heh, on a side note, thanks to UTVinceYoung for the negative rep in a smack thread.

You do realize two things, right?

1. We're just having fun, and I like all NFL fans (sports is superficial entertainment that we can't get too emotional about), and...

2. UTVinceYoung has absolutely no rep power, so it is quite meaningless. If I were one to seek vengeance, I'd return the favor. But I'm not like that, and will refrain from giving you -27 rep points.

My apologies if your feelings were hurt in a soft emotional state. It's all in good fun, right Blazing Arrow? :)

But I shall wear the neg rep from Titans fan with honor!

My only neg rep so far is from someone calling me a troll. Yeah ok if you want to call me that but you know there are allot worst trolls so be happy with you current population.

Feeling hurt. That is comedy. I wish the "Smack Off" thread was still on here. It was like 20 pages of all types of smack.

BTW-the vote ended in my favor on a rival board.

If making baseless accusations about my intelligence and schooling is all you got ...... suggestion :gun:

Specnatz
06-13-2007, 07:40 PM
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/teams/history/TEN

http://www.databasefootball.com/teams/teampage.htm?tm=ten&lg=nfl

what's your excuse now?

I have not made any, and I have never been an Oilers fan. I would give you negaitive reps like you seem to like doing but I am not as classless as you are.

Overalls
06-13-2007, 07:45 PM
utVinnyVick has admitted he jumped on the Titans bandwagon in 2000 so forgive him his ignorance in believing the Wikipedia version of Oilers history. He has no real life expierence to base his rants on.

Blazing Arrow
Now I got negative rep from UT(not worthy) ....

classic!

UTVinceYoung
I have not made any, and I have never been an Oilers fan. I would give you negaitive reps like you seem to like doing but I am not as classless as you are.

You DID give me negative reps. I just don't cry over it like some of you here do. I think it's quite funny that you guys take it so serious. It's kind of pathetic.

UTVinceYoung
06-13-2007, 07:48 PM
utVinnyVick has admitted he jumped on the Titans bandwagon in 2000 so forgive him his ignorance in believing the Wikipedia version of Oilers history. He has no real life expierence to base his rants on.

You act like you know me which makes you look really silly because you don't. I moved to Tennessee in 2000 and that's when I started rooting for the Titans. I'm from Florida and was never a fan of any of the teams there.
It's experience, not expierence.

Bipolar The Titan
06-13-2007, 07:53 PM
what it means to be a Titan... going 8-8 and still surpassing the Texans best all time record. :cool:

UTVinceYoung
06-13-2007, 07:59 PM
what it means to be a Titan... going 8-8 and still surpassing the Texans best all time record. :cool:

the Texans best all time record? What a wonderful year that was in 2004.
:devilpig: I kid, I kid.

Double Barrel
06-13-2007, 08:12 PM

Correction: historical franchise records belong to Bud Adams and the Tennessee Titans. Historical memories belong to old Oiler fans.

This is all I was trying to tell you. Embrace your team's history, good and bad. There are plenty of folks here, including myself, that would be glad to share the memories of both (however 'painful' some of them can be).

There is no delusion I see it all of the time on the Titans boards, but I am also not naive enough to assume that every person who is a football fan is 30+ .

You assume that all Titans fans are under 30. I think there are a lot of older folks in Tennessee that became fans with the move, too.

We saw it all over at the old 'official' boards. Lots of Titans fans talking smack without any sense of their own team's history.

See I am able to ID low brow comments because they always seem to goto some level that attacks the poster and does not attack the post.

I have noted your sensitivity to the subject and will refrain accordingly. They were meant to convey a sense of levity, but I understand this is a type of razzing mostly used among friends. We just don't know each other well enough at this point to recognize minor sarcasm.

I do not defend other posts. They were not my words. I do think it is sad that people do not take the time to recognize the history, but again I am not one of those people. As a former Oilers fan it was low class of you to rip on events that happened to a team that you followed. I have been trying to think of the word that best describes that and all I come up with is turncoat or two-faced. It is the same as when Barlow last season came out against the 9ers saying what a crappy team they were not more then a week after he was traded.

I did not expect you to really defend his statements, and I should have clarified myself with a sarcasm intended smilie.

My point was that you were calling out Houston Oilers fans for bringing up history, and my reasons were to educate a Titans troll that has no desire to recognize the history.

I made the mistake of making you guilty by association, and for that I apologize.

Are the SF Giants the same team as the NY Giants? Are the LA Dodgers the same team as the Brooklyn Dodgers? Time heals wounds and when your generation passes I bet there will be a allot more people willing to accept the organizations entire history. Titans fans and the NFL seem to be able to make the correlation, it just seems that football fans in Houston can not make that leap.

Before my time. I was a 9er fan as a young child because they were what was on. Moon and the shoot got me hooked on the Oilers/Titans. I have been a fan since.

I'm not a bandwagon or free agent fan. I am, and always have been, a HOUSTON fan. My allegiance to my home city is greater than my allegiance to a team that no longer represents the city. Is that really so hard to understand?

I assume with your educational pedigree that you understand analogies. With that in mind, are you still devoted and in love with your ex-girlfriend? Even though she has moved on and is with another man, are you blowing off your current girlfriend so you can obsess over your ex?

Love is but one side of a coin. The other side of that coin is hate. They are always linked, and when you have your heart crushed, as Bud did with moving the Oilers for purely financial reasons (that he would have solved over time anyway), it was devastating to us.

But you know what, just like you might have an old photo album with your ex-gf in it to remember the good times, many of us Oilers fans have the same attitudes about our old team. Heck, I'll even watch the 35-3 debacle when it comes on every year. How many Titans fans can say that?

You DID give me negative reps. I just don't cry over it like some of you here do. I think it's quite funny that you guys take it so serious. It's kind of pathetic.

You find it "pathetic", but participate in the process anyway. I think that says more about you than anything else. :hmmm:

Double Barrel
06-13-2007, 08:15 PM

You still got swept by an expansion team. We are probably never going to get that dubious honor.

UTVinceYoung
06-13-2007, 08:41 PM
You find it "pathetic", but participate in the process anyway. I think that says more about you than anything else. :hmmm:

I DID NOT say I find the whole rep thing pathetic. Maybe you should pay more attention to what people say instead of writing books about the Old Oilers history which you try to pass off as facts.

I said I find it pathetic that people get so bent out of shape when they get bad reps. Oh waaa i got bad reps. I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight.

and I'm not the one crying over negative reps. That's the difference.
Do you understand now? Probably not but that's okay.

Yankee_In_TX
06-13-2007, 08:52 PM
i think i've found a new sig. wtf do i do now? everything's relative in possum holler jokes? uranus jokes? this is a goldmine.

Better Uranus than Myanus, buddy. :doot:

Blazing Arrow
06-13-2007, 09:23 PM
You assume that all Titans fans are under 30. I think there are a lot of older folks in Tennessee that became fans with the move, too.

And why not? The team should bring excitement to the city. Those people are loyal Titans fans who do not know there history. True fans take ownership of that and acknowledge it. Other fans are not as die hard and “the now” is what is important. You have them too, what do you bet if I went to a Texans game and could pick 20 people of my choosing, and asked them to name 5 players on the Texans I bet I could pick at least 1/3 that could not maybe half.

It does not mean they are not a fan. There are just levels of enthusiasm. Are you any less because you do not dress up in a horned Red, white and blue cowboy hat. Overalls covered in military patches, who’s pants seem to be tucked into his boot on one side and bell bottomed around the other boot.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y55/Overalls/100_3097.jpg

Can you say you are that dedicated? :hmmm:

We saw it all over at the old 'official' boards. Lots of Titans fans talking smack without any sense of their own team's history.

Can not control your fan base.

I have noted your sensitivity to the subject and will refrain accordingly. They were meant to convey a sense of levity, but I understand this is a type of razzing mostly used among friends. We just don't know each other well enough at this point to recognize minor sarcasm.

Yeah I was in smack mode took it pretty offensively. Usually the joke phase starts with something a little less harsh then calling me a moron.

I have found :chicken: as an effective tool.

I'm not a bandwagon or free agent fan. I am, and always have been, a HOUSTON fan. My allegiance to my home city is greater than my allegiance to a team that no longer represents the city. Is that really so hard to understand?

I was never questioning your loyalty I was questioning your ethics … I guess. It just seems odd to use the Buffalo game or the Elway game to slam someone who might have been standing right next to you rooting on each first down and TD and watching the collapse happen and feeling the pain. I guess it is just not my style?

Double Barrel
06-13-2007, 09:57 PM
Do you understand now? Probably not but that's okay.

Naah, man...still don't understand your point. But you're babbling and I'm too tired to decipher.

:victory: [/sarcasm]

And why not? The team should bring excitement to the city. Those people are loyal Titans fans who do not know there history. True fans take ownership of that and acknowledge it. Other fans are not as die hard and “the now” is what is important. You have them too, what do you bet if I went to a Texans game and could pick 20 people of my choosing, and asked them to name 5 players on the Texans I bet I could pick at least 1/3 that could not maybe half.

It does not mean they are not a fan. There are just levels of enthusiasm. Are you any less because you do not dress up in a horned Red, white and blue cowboy hat. Overalls covered in military patches, who’s pants seem to be tucked into his boot on one side and bell bottomed around the other boot.

You're building a straw man argument now. I've never judged anyone's fanatic devotion to their team. So don't try to pin that to me.

All I'm saying is that if Houston had received an existing team instead of an expansion, I would embrace the entire history of that franchise as my own. It would now be my team, and I would want to share in it's rich history.

If certain NFL fans do not wish to know their franchise's entire history, then it's their freewill decision. But I can still hold the opinion that it is rather a shallow devotion to the team. Whatever, it's just a matter of chosen perception.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y55/Overalls/100_3097.jpg

Can you say you are that dedicated?

I can say that I've proudly worn my hardhat since the first pre-season game 2002, and every home game & Texans event since then. Yeah, I'm pretty dedicated, and consider every Texans fanatic a fellow member of the tribe. I look forward to getting my picture with a lot of Texans crazies over time.

http://www.sonicvoodoo.com/TDC2006.jpg

http://www.sonicvoodoo.com/TDCYankee.JPG

http://www.sonicvoodoo.com/TDCBullpen1.JPG

I was never questioning your loyalty I was questioning your ethics … I guess. It just seems odd to use the Buffalo game or the Elway game to slam someone who might have been standing right next to you rooting on each first down and TD and watching the collapse happen and feeling the pain. I guess it is just not my style?

It's all in good fun. I figure you Titans fans should share in the misery that we endured. ;)

Blazing Arrow
06-13-2007, 10:00 PM
That guy is the poster Overalls BTW ....

Double Barrel
06-13-2007, 10:08 PM
That guy is the poster Overalls BTW ....

Yep, I look forward to meeting him soon. Is that you next to him?

feebleminded
06-13-2007, 10:43 PM

BA is OD???

Blazing Arrow
06-13-2007, 10:47 PM
BA is OD???

:hmmm:

UTVinceYoung
06-13-2007, 11:17 PM
I don't have any problems with Texans fans or the Houston Texans team. This thread just got out of hand. My first post in this thread was just saying that I'm proud to be a Titans fan just like you guys are proud to be Texans fans. I don't know why it went sour after that. lol who knows.

HOU-TEX
06-14-2007, 09:21 AM

The guy next to Overalls is Owen Daniels. If this Blazing guy is OD, we might have a problem.:cool:

Immobilarity
06-14-2007, 10:07 AM
Blazing Arrow if I were in your position I would mos def take this current situation of identity confusion and take it straight to the bank.

Double Barrel
06-14-2007, 10:09 AM
ahhh, cool...I didn't recognize OD, so I appreciate the heads up. Daniels looks a bit smaller than I thought he was, to be honest.

I don't have any problems with Texans fans or the Houston Texans team. This thread just got out of hand. My first post in this thread was just saying that I'm proud to be a Titans fan just like you guys are proud to be Texans fans. I don't know why it went sour after that. lol who knows.

We're just having fun, man, and it's never meant to be personal. What's a little smack among football fans, especially in a thread dedicated to the origin of the Titans being from Uranus. :shades:

Hopefully there is no hard feelings all the way around.

HOU-TEX
06-14-2007, 10:30 AM
ahhh, cool...I didn't recognize OD, so I appreciate the heads up. Daniels looks a bit smaller than I thought he was, to be honest.

I know. It must be an older picture. I noticed on the NFLN show that he looked like he put on some more muscle in the off-season. At least his arms looked much bigger.:cool:

Texan_Bill
06-14-2007, 10:43 AM

Hopefully there is no hard feelings all the way around.

I think Overalls is BIGGER than you think!!!

Texan_Bill
06-14-2007, 10:47 AM

I think its funny when you sound like a 6th grader....

Here's the negative rep you gave me:
aww does the truth hurt. i feel sorry for you

I dont get upset.... Although, my first neg. rep. I will wear it like a badge of honor!! But seriously, grow up!!

PS for S&G - negative rep coming your way!!

Double Barrel
06-14-2007, 11:07 AM
I think Overalls is BIGGER than you think!!!

heh, I pretty much knew it wasn't BA when I asked the question. The Texans logo on the shirt was a dead giveaway.

But for some reason, I thought OD was more muscular, a bit bulkier. He seems too skinny for a TE in that picture.

Although, to be honest, I hardly ever see pictures of our players without their unis and pads.

HOU-TEX
06-14-2007, 11:19 AM
heh, I pretty much knew it wasn't BA when I asked the question. The Texans logo on the shirt was a dead giveaway.

But for some reason, I thought OD was more muscular, a bit bulkier. He seems too skinny for a TE in that picture.

Although, to be honest, I hardly ever see pictures of our players without their unis and pads.

I suspect his body fat is quite low, but the dude still has some decent guns. This pic is obviously from last year. I think he's a tad bigger this year.:cool: http://delivery.viewimages.com/xv/72300720.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19396908EAF14430D352D2BFA97DC73A659 EDC8BD8CE9D87AD6

HOU-TEX
06-14-2007, 11:21 AM

I suspect his body fat is quite low, but the dude still has some decent guns. This pic is obviously from last year. I think he's a tad bigger this year.:cool:

http://delivery.viewimages.com/xv/72300720.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19396908EAF14430D352D2BFA97DC73A659 EDC8BD8CE9D87AD6

Overalls
06-14-2007, 05:33 PM
I suspect his body fat is quite low, but the dude still has some decent guns. This pic is obviously from last year. I think he's a tad bigger this year.:cool: http://delivery.viewimages.com/xv/72300720.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19396908EAF14430D352D2BFA97DC73A659 EDC8BD8CE9D87AD6

The picture in question is from this years draft party. the fat man in the picture is well over 300 pounds at 6 ft 2.

Thanks to TexanChick for taking the picture for me.

Double Barrel
06-14-2007, 05:38 PM
The picture in question is from this years draft party. the fat man in the picture is well over 300 pounds at 6 ft 2.

We found our left tackle!! :fans: :texflag:

Blazing Arrow
06-14-2007, 05:47 PM
But how are you going to explain how Carr still gets sacked 10 times this season with that line?

Double Barrel
06-14-2007, 05:49 PM
But how are you going to explain how Carr still gets sacked 10 times this season with that line?

Carr getting sacked is no longer our problem. :cowboy1:

Honoring Earl 34
06-14-2007, 05:54 PM

I'll say Carr gets sacked 10 times in game #2 .

brakos82
06-14-2007, 05:57 PM
Carr's gonna get sacked 0 times, because he will be playing 0 games. :shades:

Blazing Arrow
06-14-2007, 06:38 PM

I still have a feeling even though on CARR-olina (nice ring), he will still manage to cost the Texans 10 sacks.

Specnatz
06-15-2007, 07:01 AM
I still have a feeling even though on CARR-olina (nice ring), he will still manage to cost the Texans 10 sacks.

Shouldn't you be worry who vy will not throw to this year, not like he throws to receivers very accurately anyway.

Texan_Bill
06-15-2007, 07:58 AM
Shouldn't you be worry who vy will not throw to this year, not like he throws to receivers very accurately anyway.

BINGO!!!!

Double Barrel
06-15-2007, 09:50 AM
Vince Young don't need no stinkin' receivers....not when he can catch his own passes! You mere mortals, such doubters, how can you question The Greatness?! :joker:

Texan_Bill
06-15-2007, 10:20 AM
Vince Young don't need no stinkin' receivers....not when he can catch his own passes! You mere mortals, such doubters, how can you question The Greatness?! :joker:

I take great shame in forgetting that VY walks on water... :hides:

Double Barrel
06-15-2007, 10:38 AM
I take great shame in forgetting that VY walks on water... :hides:

Actually, water is honored - and does not feel worthy enough - to splash on The Great One's feet. It's not so much the He can walk on water, but rather water does not want to upset Him by getting Him wet. Even the natural elements do not want The Mighty One to be upset with them.

Blazing Arrow
06-15-2007, 12:26 PM
Actually, water is honored - and does not feel worthy enough - to splash on The Great One's feet. It's not so much the He can walk on water, but rather water does not want to upset Him by getting Him wet. Even the natural elements do not want The Mighty One to be upset with them.

That is a rough but acceptable explanation.

Our WR core will do fine. Givins do back mid season, B Jones, Gage, plus we picked up draft picks. While I would have liked to get a top named WR I did not want the team to pay the price the mid rate talent wanted.

Texan_Bill
06-15-2007, 12:34 PM

I tried to give you a rep for that post, but it wouldnt let me... Get ya one next time.

Double Barrel
06-15-2007, 12:48 PM
That is a rough but acceptable explanation.

Our WR core will do fine. Givins do back mid season, B Jones, Gage, plus we picked up draft picks. While I would have liked to get a top named WR I did not want the team to pay the price the mid rate talent wanted.

A rough explanation is the best the English language can offer when attempting to describe events pertaining to The Great One.

I'm just looking forward to the end of His career and reading the autobiography, otherwise known as the Real New Testament Yo.

Blazing Arrow
06-15-2007, 01:07 PM
A rough explanation is the best the English language can offer when attempting to describe events pertaining to The Great One.

I'm just looking forward to the end of His career and reading the autobiography, otherwise known as the Real New Testament Yo.

Society will have adopted it as doctoring prior to his retirement. You must not really have the faith.

ChildressTitanMan
06-15-2007, 02:59 PM

DB in 30 yrs they'll re re make Planet of the Apes. Instead of the statue of liberty it will be a VY version of Easter Island.:rofl:

http://www.ohiopeakoilaction.org/images/easterisland.jpg

HOU-TEX
06-15-2007, 04:04 PM
Carr's gonna get sacked 0 times, because he will be playing 0 games. :shades:

We could have the whole defense stroll over to the bench and sack him. Once he peals himself off the turf, the offense could instill the finishing touch on him. It would, more or less be like a thanks for the memories sack.:bat:

DBCooper
06-16-2007, 09:27 PM
First of all, you can't put the Oilers travesty in with the Titans. Oilers and Titans are completely seperate in my world. Second, the Oilers will always be dear to my heart and the Titans are the inbred children of Uranus!

I'm laughing so hard it hurts!

Blazing Arrow
07-12-2007, 12:17 AM
First of all, you can't put the Oilers travesty in with the Titans. Oilers and Titans are completely seperate in my world. Second, the Oilers will always be dear to my heart and the Titans are the inbred children of Uranus!

I'm laughing so hard it hurts!

You appear to be very confused ... this statement makes no sense ....

Blazing Arrow
07-12-2007, 12:18 AM
So no one has noticed the NEW Pacman thing yet huh?

:d:

I'll wait ..... :whip:

Overalls
07-12-2007, 05:51 AM
Sure. I've seen it. But why would I want to spam up our board with news about a Titans lowlife thug. And this time I'm not talking about the owner.

Immobilarity
07-12-2007, 07:40 AM
C'mon, even thugs need love, Overalls.

DBCooper
07-12-2007, 11:20 AM
You appear to be very confused ... this statement makes no sense ....

If you don't understand the history, I can see how that makes no sense to you.

Texans_Chick
10-18-2007, 07:19 PM
Actually, I believe Uranus was the son of Gaia, not her brother. She married her son, and then the Titans were the inbred off-spring of that union. Cronus not only castrated Uranus, but he also killed his own children. Eventually one of the childrens not killed ended up defeating the Titans.

The word "titans" means "strainer."

Texan_Bill
10-19-2007, 08:23 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^What TC said ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Gaea
Gaea is the Earth goddess. She mated with her son Uranus to produce the remaining Titans. Gaea seems to have started as a neolithic earth-mother worshipped before the Indo-European invasion that eventually lead to the Hellenistic civilization.

Uranus
Uranus is the sky god and first ruler. He is the son of Gaea , who created him without help. He then became the husband of Gaea and together they had many offspring, including twelve of the Titans.

His rule ended when when Cronus, encouraged by Gaea, castrated him. He either died from the wound or withdrew from earth

HoustonFrog
10-19-2007, 08:38 AM
Actually, I believe Uranus was the son of Gaia, not her brother. She married her son, and then the Titans were the inbred off-spring of that union. Cronus not only castrated Uranus, but he also killed his own children. Eventually one of the childrens not killed ended up defeating the Titans.

The word "titans" means "strainer."

So many places to go with this, so little time.

Texan_Bill
10-19-2007, 09:01 AM
LMAO Frog.... So true. So true!!

76Texan
10-19-2007, 09:18 AM
So who would be more like Epimetheus?
Bironas or Young?

Unlike his brother, Prometheus, Epimetheus was not a very bright god, as his name suggest "afterthought". He was sometimes called Epimetheus the Scatter-brain (highly unflattering).

76Texan
10-19-2007, 09:39 AM
So many places to go with this, so little time.
You mean like "political incorrect strainer"?:)

ChildressTitanMan
10-19-2007, 05:05 PM
Titan actually means white earth.:gun:

So if the the Titans are the spawn of Uranus that would make Houston Uranus.

Put another way one big @sshole.

Overalls
10-19-2007, 05:07 PM
Titan actually means white earth.:gun:

So if the the Titans are the spawn of Uranus that would make Houston Uranus.
Put another way one big @sshole.

Well Dud Adams does still live here. Can't Ya'll put in some indoor plumbing so we can flush that turd to Trashville.

:fans:

ChildressTitanMan
10-19-2007, 05:13 PM
Well Dud Adams does still live here. Can't Ya'll put in some indoor plumbing so we can flush that turd to Trashville.

Which leads usback to that old favorite nickname for your team....The Texturds

Thorn
10-19-2007, 05:52 PM

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-6/739321/overcompensatingjp5.jpg

ChildressTitanMan
10-20-2007, 02:48 AM

Dude......is there something you want to share with us about your social life?

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r5/Childress79/GoTitans/Tron_Overalls.jpg

Blazing Arrow
10-20-2007, 12:14 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y55/Overalls/Tim1985.jpg

:hmmm:

He likes Tron ALLOT .. is that so bad?

WesmanTexanfan
10-20-2007, 12:28 PM

dont get your panties in a knot sis... take a chill pill or smoke somthing, just calm down, someone obviously made you angry and your blindly ranting...
your "now thats pathetic" comment about picking up matt and mario is well... i mean c'mon, u just dogged on 2 of the most talened players in the NFL, im waiting to see your response or lack of, to see if this is even worth my time, so lets be alil more mature when your posting with the big boys....

Wolf
10-20-2007, 12:47 PM

so who would win DB.. VY or technoviking? or would the earth just go into a blackhole when they do battle?

Brando
10-20-2007, 02:28 PM

http://images.dawgsports.com/images/admin/Chet_monster_version.jpg

^^^Bud Adams^^^

You know what they say, "crap runs downhill". Never so true in this case.

Tennesse fans can follow turds team if they so choose, just makes them look like crap.

Psychop1
10-21-2007, 12:46 AM
http://images.dawgsports.com/images/admin/Chet_monster_version.jpg

^^^Bud Adams^^^

You know what they say, "crap runs downhill". Never so true in this case.

Tennesse fans can follow turds team if they so choose, just makes them look like crap.

You couldn't entice said turd to keep his team in the city he loves, and we somehow look like crap??? Just remember to keep supporting your team, or some other city will be getting "sloppy thirds" soon enough.

Overalls
10-21-2007, 08:04 AM
You couldn't entice said turd to keep his team in the city he loves, and we somehow look like crap??? Just remember to keep supporting your team, or some other city will be getting "sloppy thirds" soon enough.

Yeah Porkchop it's not like we were still paying for 80 mil in renovations that Dud ordered a few years before he started his 2nd round of threats or that he was asking us for a retractable roofed palace for football and basketball. I think it is ironic that he had to settle for a dump open air stadiium in a city he wont even live in.

Psychop1
10-21-2007, 08:54 AM
Yeah Porkchop it's not like we were still paying for 80 mil in renovations that Dud ordered a few years before he started his 2nd round of threats or that he was asking us for a retractable roofed palace for football and basketball. I think it is ironic that he had to settle for a dump open air stadiium in a city he wont even live in.

$80 million??? LOL. Tennessee funded the then Adelphia Coliseum entirely at $290 million, and was happy to do so. Don't get me wrong. Bud really isn't worth defending, but in this case, neither is Houston. Like I said, keep supporting your team, or Memphis, Louisville, Birmingham, or LA will gladly take it off your hands.

Bipolar The Titan
10-21-2007, 09:04 AM
I would hate Memphis getting a pro football team. That would suck. It would only serve to divide our fan base.

Psychop1
10-21-2007, 09:28 AM
I would hate Memphis getting a pro football team. That would suck. It would only serve to divide our fan base.

Most people in Memphis hate the Titans anyway. They feel like they got screwed when Nashville got the team instead. The fact that the Titans played in Memphis briefly before settling in Nashville burns them even worse. That said, I couldn't care less if Memphis gets a team.

Bipolar The Titan
10-21-2007, 10:02 AM
Most people in Memphis hate the Titans anyway. They feel like they got screwed when Nashville got the team instead. The fact that the Titans played in Memphis briefly before settling in Nashville burns them even worse. That said, I couldn't care less if Memphis gets a team.

Well, they should hate the Jags and Panthers too. Both cities that were chosen ahead of Memphis for expansion. Plenty of Titan fans would have preferred Memphis but didn't get too hung up on it since they weren't going to be buying season tickets anyways. This STATE is just happy to have a team. I live in Chattanooga. Most people here that follow the team don't travel like I do. Lucky for MOST of the state Nashville is closer. It has Knoxville, Chattanooga, Johnson City... those round out the top five population centers. All east of Nashville.

BattleRedToro
10-21-2007, 10:20 AM
$80 million??? LOL. Tennessee funded the then Adelphia Coliseum entirely at $290 million, and was happy to do so. Don't get me wrong. Bud really isn't worth defending, but in this case, neither is Houston. Like I said, keep supporting your team, or Memphis, Louisville, Birmingham, or LA will gladly take it off your hands.

My bet would be Jacksonville will lose the Jaguars before Houston loses the Texans, and you forgot to mention San Antonio. They are also in the mix to get a team, but everyone is far behind Los Angeles. I wouldn't be surprised if the Raiders move there in the near future.

Specnatz
10-21-2007, 10:30 AM

Yes but you fal to understand dud wanted a stadium that he would not put one dime into but yet he would get every penny of the revenue, including parking concessions ticket sales and suit sales. the city would have no way to recoup anymoney they put into building a stadium. Not to mention he had just asked for renovations to the astrodome. Most owners would chunk in 10% and parking would goto the city so as to pay for bonds and such.

The team did not leave do to lack of support from the fans. They drew well until the last year when it was already deceided the team was leaving and no one wanted to give that piece of worthless scum eating sloth any more money.

ChildressTitanMan
10-21-2007, 10:32 AM
There's something about LA & football that just doesn't work. Maybe if they had their own expansion franchise but I don't see a team that moves there being supported.

There'll always be a fanbased there but not enough to fill a stadium.

Raiders & Rams both struggled to sell seats there.Chances are that any team that moves would so as a losing team. Not a good recipe for success.

LA has good followings for the Ducks,Lakers so what gives?

BattleRedToro
10-21-2007, 10:34 AM
There's something about LA & football that just doesn't work. Maybe if they had their own expansion franchise but I don't see a team that moves there being supported.

There'll always be a fanbased there but not enough to fill a stadium.

Raiders & Rams both struggled to sell seats there.Chances are that any team that moves would so as a losing team. Not a good recipe for success.

LA has good followings for the Ducks,Lakers so what gives?

Well the Lakers moved there from Minneapolis so you just killed your own arguement, unless you meant that it was exclusive to football.

ChildressTitanMan
10-21-2007, 10:37 AM
Well the Lakers moved there from Minneapolis so you just killed your own arguement, unless you meant that it was exclusive to football.

Nope my Basketball knowledge is zip other than knowing the odd teams name. Never watched a game,thanks for info man.

BattleRedToro
10-21-2007, 10:42 AM
Nope my Basketball knowledge is zip other than knowing the odd teams name. Never watched a game,thanks for info man.

A Laker is a reference to a Lake Trout, of which there are many in Minnesota. I don't think there are any in California. They do have River Trout in California, however.

Brando
10-21-2007, 10:51 AM

They did get screwed. That's like Dallas getting a team over Houston. Bud screwed Memphis and Jacksonville when he held the Oilers hostage.
That Bud's for you, enjoy.

Texan_Bill
10-22-2007, 07:19 AM
Most people in Memphis hate the Titans anyway. They feel like they got screwed when Nashville got the team instead. The fact that the Titans played in Memphis briefly before settling in Nashville burns them even worse. That said, I couldn't care less if Memphis gets a team

Would Memphis even be able to support an NFL team? I understand Nashville being able to, but Memphis isn't very big and whats the next closest city? Jackson MS.?

Psychop1
10-22-2007, 10:58 PM
Would Memphis even be able to support an NFL team? I understand Nashville being able to, but Memphis isn't very big and whats the next closest city? Jackson MS.?

Memphis is the largest city in Tennessee. Not only that, but Tunica is just outside Memphis. For those not in the know, Tunica is the second largest casino town in the country. Many tourists to buy up remaining tickets every week. Great. Now I miss Tunica. Haven't been in three years. I need another vacation.

TitanJoe
10-25-2007, 01:36 PM
Memphis is the largest city in Tennessee. Not only that, but Tunica is just outside Memphis. For those not in the know, Tunica is the second largest casino town in the country. Many tourists to buy up remaining tickets every week. Great. Now I miss Tunica. Haven't been in three years. I need another vacation.

July 2006 census metro population Nashville has 200,000 more people than Memphis. Nashville also has a greater per capita income. I lived in M-town for a year and a half and can say it was the worst experience of my life. That dump had no chance what so ever to get an NFL team. Hell, Elvis himself would've never moved a team into that dump. Memphis is too small and way too poor to have a NFL team. I'm shocked they have any sort of pro team there.

gwallaia
10-25-2007, 02:48 PM
I was in Memphis last year for the Liberty Bowl. I was surprised at what a dirty, broken, run down town it was. The ribs at Corky's were great though.

Texan_Bill
10-25-2007, 03:52 PM
I was in Memphis last year for the Liberty Bowl. I was surprised at what a dirty, broken, run down town it was. The ribs at Corky's were great though.

Heck of a game against the old ball coach and his cocks...

Psychop1
10-25-2007, 04:28 PM
July 2006 census metro population Nashville has 200,000 more people than Memphis. Nashville also has a greater per capita income. I lived in M-town for a year and a half and can say it was the worst experience of my life. That dump had no chance what so ever to get an NFL team. Hell, Elvis himself would've never moved a team into that dump. Memphis is too small and way too poor to have a NFL team. I'm shocked they have any sort of pro team there.

Have a link for that??? Not only does Memphis have the larger population, but Shelby County alone houses nearly a million people, which just so happens to be Nashville's market population (70 mile radius) in the NFL. Median income is also about the same when comparing counties. From a statistical standpoint, Memphis can support a team on it's own.

http://www.census.gov

TitanJoe
10-28-2007, 06:39 PM
Have a link for that??? Not only does Memphis have the larger population, but Shelby County alone houses nearly a million people, which just so happens to be Nashville's market population (70 mile radius) in the NFL. Median income is also about the same when comparing counties. From a statistical standpoint, Memphis can support a team on it's own.

http://www.census.gov
The 2005 population of the entire 13-county Nashville Metropolitan Statistical Area was 1,498,836,[4] making it the largest and fastest-growing metropolitan area in the state. ( This doesn't include Clarksville which has over 100,00 ppl and is 35 miles away) The greater Memphis metropolitan area area, including the adjacent areas of Mississippi and Arkansas, has a population of 1,260,581. This makes Memphis the second largest metropolitan area in Tennessee, surpassed only by metropolitan Nashville. When comparing city income, Nashville people average 5 thousand more per person and that doesn't include Belle Meade which averages 198,000 per year. Memphis is a dump and I speak from experience. It's one of the poorest cities in America. It's located in the poorest region in America so explain to me how on Earth they could field an NFL team? Memphis' avg income is 17,000 so how can they afford to pay their bills let alone football tickets? Cities like Louisville, L.A., and Toronto could support a team but don't mentiont he dump of Memphis of as an option because you couldn't be more wrong. Why don't you stay on the Jags mb and leave these good Texan fans alone...

Psychop1
11-04-2007, 07:02 AM
The 2005 population of the entire 13-county Nashville Metropolitan Statistical Area was 1,498,836,[4] making it the largest and fastest-growing metropolitan area in the state. ( This doesn't include Clarksville which has over 100,00 ppl and is 35 miles away) The greater Memphis metropolitan area area, including the adjacent areas of Mississippi and Arkansas, has a population of 1,260,581. This makes Memphis the second largest metropolitan area in Tennessee, surpassed only by metropolitan Nashville. When comparing city income, Nashville people average 5 thousand more per person and that doesn't include Belle Meade which averages 198,000 per year. Memphis is a dump and I speak from experience. It's one of the poorest cities in America. It's located in the poorest region in America so explain to me how on Earth they could field an NFL team? Memphis' avg income is 17,000 so how can they afford to pay their bills let alone football tickets? Cities like Louisville, L.A., and Toronto could support a team but don't mentiont he dump of Memphis of as an option because you couldn't be more wrong. Why don't you stay on the Jags mb and leave these good Texan fans alone...

A simple "no" would have been sufficient...

SheTexan
11-04-2007, 09:42 AM
BUD hates Elvis!! :)

Blazing Arrow
11-04-2007, 04:39 PM
Re: I was thinking about what it means to be a Titans fan ....

Means you are 6-2 and looking pretty good for a playoff spot ...

What does it mean to be a Texans fan? :hmmm:

Overalls
11-04-2007, 06:27 PM
Re: I was thinking about what it means to be a Titans fan ....

Means you are 6-2 and looking pretty good for a playoff spot ...

What does it mean to be a Texans fan? :hmmm:

Just imagine what Y'all could do if the Titans had a QB that wasn't a detrament to the team.

Silver Oak
11-04-2007, 06:59 PM
3 td's and 8 int's in 2007.

vinsanity goes out with a whimper.

Wolf
11-04-2007, 07:03 PM
I was thinking how we could trade for Jim schwartz ....for Smith and a couple of picks
:specnatz:

Blazing Arrow
11-04-2007, 10:21 PM
Just imagine what Y'all could do if the Titans had a QB that wasn't a detrament to the team.

I know we would have probably put up 70 against the Texans ...

Napa Auto Parts
11-04-2007, 11:09 PM
being a titan means having smart people in the front office that know how to draft lmao of course only good character guys:sarcams:

Texan_Bill
11-05-2007, 08:10 AM
All I can say Arrow, is that I was completely wrong about your defense... ... 6-2 is awesome, no doubt! Other than that, Vince is WORSE than I thought he was. The guy really isn't a good quarterback.. Athlete yes, QB NOT!

Joe Texan
11-08-2007, 04:09 PM
Thank you and I am sorry
Nashville tennessee
Sorry you got stuck with bud
But thanks for taking him from me

A song written by a true Texan Fan
Bull Pen Andy

Double Barrel
11-08-2007, 07:07 PM
I know we would have probably put up 70 against the Texans ...

70 yards? :um:

No way does VY make some of the throws that KC made that day. It's just not in him right now. And honestly, I think he would have made his injury worse against his hometown team, fulfilling the Madden curse. Then again, a QB rating of 35 kind of fulfills it anyway.

Blazing Arrow
11-08-2007, 11:42 PM
70 yards? :um:

No way does VY make some of the throws that KC made that day. It's just not in him right now. And honestly, I think he would have made his injury worse against his hometown team, fulfilling the Madden curse. Then again, a QB rating of 35 kind of fulfills it anyway.

Considering L-Dub alone put up 100+ on that thing you call a D I would not be so quick to judge.

Last years team leaned on Young and the D let us down. This year’s team helps Young when he is down and the D is stepping up.

See this is how a team goes 6-2 to start a season. I know I know as a Cow fan you have no frame of reference.

Texan_Bill
11-09-2007, 08:49 AM
Considering L-Dub alone put up 100+ on that thing you call a D I would not be so quick to judge.

Last years team leaned on Young and the D let us down. This year’s team helps Young when he is down and the D is stepping up.

See this is how a team goes 6-2 to start a season. I know I know as a Cow fan you have no frame of reference.

Talk all the crap you want ... Here are three truths you'd better start accepting....

a) Vince is terrible (Matt Leinart, David Carr and Cleo Lemmon think Vince sucks)
b) you will always be 'a yard short'.....
c) As long as the fat man and his rug are around, the Titans will always be the brides-maid and will NEVER be the bride...

Learn it... Love it.... Live it!!!!

Brando
11-09-2007, 08:52 AM
Talk all the crap you want ... Here are three truths you'd better start accepting....

a) Vince is terrible
c) As long as the fat man and his rug are around, the Titans will always be the brides-maid and will NEVER be the bride...

:whip:You must spread rep before.....you know the drill.

Blazing Arrow
11-09-2007, 11:56 AM

a) Vince is terrible (Matt Leinart, David Carr and Cleo Lemmon think Vince sucks)

Funny how all of the QBs you have mentioned have never been on a team that has even finished at .500

Better to be at the dance then turned down by your sister.

So what is you excuse for 6 years and counting of crappy play. Please do not give another tired excuss about an expansion team.

Texan_Bill
11-09-2007, 12:08 PM
Funny how all of the QBs you have mentioned have never been on a team that has even finished at .500

Thats why I used those examples.. They suck, their teams suck and yet individually they are doing as well as, if not better than your glorifed running back. Titans are 6-2 because of that defense and are winning in spite of "his highness'

Better to be at the dance then turned down by your sister.
If that works for you.. Sounds like a defeatest attitude. I don't hear too many Astros fans saying, at least we made it to the WS... I hear them wanting to get back there to win it.

So what is you excuse for 6 years and counting of crappy play. Please do not give another tired excuss about an expansion team.

Lemme see here... 6 years (4 of which were a complete waste under C&C).. Well thats it 6 years... The Oilers/Tinnbreads have had just as bad of runs,...including their first 5 or 6 years in the NFL.... Something about 'glass houses' comes to mind..

Blazing Arrow
11-09-2007, 12:43 PM
Thats why I used those examples.. They suck, their teams suck and yet individually they are doing as well as, if not better than your glorifed running back. Titans are 6-2 because of that defense and are winning in spite of "his highness'[/qoute]

The thing with Young is he is not losing games. He is not winning games but he is also not handing them to the other team.

[QUOTE]If that works for you.. Sounds like a defeatest attitude. I don't hear too many Astros fans saying, at least we made it to the WS... I hear them wanting to get back there to win it.

Does anyone actually care about the Stros?

Lemme see here... 6 years (4 of which were a complete waste under C&C)..

That stinks of an excuse ...

Well thats it 6 years... The Oilers/Tinnbreads have had just as bad of runs,...including their first 5 or 6 years in the NFL.... Something about 'glass houses' comes to mind..

So I assume you are just talking in the NFL right cuz we both now the Oilers were solid in the AFL.

Year 5 Oilers finished 7-7
Year 6 Oilers finished 10-4

not really sure I understand what you are trying to get at other then this season proving the Texans are on the road to being a perennial loser.

Texan_Bill
11-09-2007, 12:58 PM
The thing with Young is he is not losing games. He is not winning games but he is also not handing them to the other team.

He tried to lose the game last week. It's a shame for the Panthers that Carr played worse.

Spoken like a true Giants fan.. Enjoy the cellar.

That stinks of an excuse ...
No excuse..... FACT. I saw some good things this season and I am not one to use injuries as an excuse, but the future looks bright.

So I assume you are just talking in the NFL right cuz we both now the Oilers were solid in the AFL.
Yes (see that lengthy thread we had last year or the year before about it). But I am not sure how solid - 10 seasons: 4 were losing, 2 were .500. Granted they won the first two AFL championships and played in the 3rd - but it was a brand new league. After that, they were mediocre at best.

Year 5 Oilers finished 7-7
Year 6 Oilers finished 10-4
True... How long were they a professional football organization prior to the merger?- Again 10 seasons??? Out of those 10 seasons: 4 were losing, 2 were .500. Anyway the point is that they were an established team prior to joining the NFL.

gwallaia
11-09-2007, 12:58 PM

As a matter of fact, yes.

TexansSeminole
11-09-2007, 01:16 PM
The Stros are huge all throughout Texas.

infantrycak
11-09-2007, 01:16 PM

The Titans have overcome them, but 11 turnovers is handing at least chances to the other team. Due to the rest of the team stepping up those haven't hit y'all in the butt, but that cannot go on forever. He has to work on that.

TexansSeminole
11-09-2007, 01:19 PM
The Titans have overcome them, but 11 turnovers is handing at least chances to the other team. Due to the rest of the team stepping up those haven't hit y'all in the butt, but that cannot go on forever. He has to work on that.

True, I wonder how many times his teammates have bailed him out this year.

Blazing Arrow
11-09-2007, 01:22 PM
The Stros are huge all throughout Texas.

I was just ribbing Bill. :splits:

Blazing Arrow
11-09-2007, 01:31 PM
He tried to lose the game last week. It's a shame for the Panthers that Carr played worse.[/qoute]

The Panthers were only saved by there D. By the end L-Dub was carrying them 2~3 yards a carry. Young kept drives alive when we needed them. If you have also not noticed the Titans lead the league in dropped balls.

[QUOTE]Spoken like a true Giants fan.. Enjoy the cellar.

I will there, is always fresh ground beef each season thanks to the Moos.

Yes (see that lengthy thread we had last year or the year before about it). But I am not sure how solid - 10 seasons: 4 were losing, 2 were .500. Granted they won the first two AFL championships and played in the 3rd - but it was a brand new league. After that, they were mediocre at best.

True... How long were they a professional football organization prior to the merger?- Again 10 seasons??? Out of those 10 seasons: 4 were losing, 2 were .500. Anyway the point is that they were an established team prior to joining the NFL.

Is it me or is this CD skipping?

So you would take our start in the AFL to compare to the Texans again I do not see you having an agreement here.

So you would take our start in the AFL to compair to the Texans again I do not see you having an arguement here.

Texan_Bill
11-09-2007, 01:38 PM
[QUOTE=Texan_Bill;780271]

So you would take our start in the AFL to compare to the Texans again I do not see you having an agreement here.

So you would take our start in the AFL to compair to the Texans again I do not see you having an arguement here.

LET ME SPEAK REALLY SLOOOOOOOOOW FOR.......... YOU.

I WAS COMPARING THE OILERS FIRST 4 YEARS IN THE NFL TO THE TEXANS - WITH THE CAVEAT BEING THAT THE OILERS HAD ALREADY BEEN ESTABLISHED FOR 10 YEARS PRIOR TO COMING INTO THE NFL.

IN OTHER WORDS THEIR FIRST WINNING SEASON CAME IN THE 5th YEAR OF THEM BEING IN THE NFL (MEANING THAT THEY HAD BEEN IN EXSITENCE FOR 15 YEARS AT THAT POINT).

SLOW ENOUGH FOR YOU?!?

Blazing Arrow
11-09-2007, 01:41 PM
LET ME SPEAK REALLY SLOOOOOOOOOW FOR.......... YOU.

You can speak as slow as you want to but I am reading your post. The speed at which you speak has no bearing on my ability to understand your jaded take on the texans franchise.

Texan_Bill
11-09-2007, 01:42 PM
[QUOTE=Texan_Bill;780271]He tried to lose the game last week. It's a shame for the Panthers that Carr played worse.[/qoute]

The Panthers were only saved by there D. By the end L-Dub was carrying them 2~3 yards a carry. Young kept drives alive when we needed them. If you have also not noticed the Titans lead the league in dropped balls.

Young threw two picks, ran for 25 and threw for 110. That sucks at any level. That 36.5 rating was pretty impressive too.. He's looking up at David Carr's rating.....

Blazing Arrow
11-09-2007, 01:47 PM
Young threw two picks, ran for 25 and threw for 110. That sucks at any level. That 36.5 rating was pretty impressive too.. He's looking up at David Carr's rating.....

Nice if you ignore the fact that he ran for a TD and also picked up crucial 1st downs that kept scoring drives alive. Talk to me again when you are not just thumbing through a stat book and you have actially watched the game.

TexansSeminole
11-09-2007, 01:59 PM
Nice if you ignore the fact that he ran for a TD and also picked up crucial 1st downs that kept scoring drives alive. Talk to me again when you are not just thumbing through a stat book and you have actially watched the game.

I saw the Jaguars and Colts game early in the season and he looked bad in the first and ok in the second.

I saw the game against Atlanta. It was a really bad performance. I was in the sports bar and this Falcons fan was talking all sorts of crap to these Titan fans.

Then I saw the Panthers game last week and it was not a very good performance either.

I've seen quite a few bad performances throughout the season so far.

Edit: There are games I didn't watch but the stat line looks pretty bad. Against Oakland you've got 42 passing yards from 14 attempts. 11 rushing yards from 4 attempts.

The only game where he has thrown more than one TD is against New Orleans. New Orleans is tied for giving up the 2nd most in AVG yards per attempt with a whopping 8.2 yards. We are bad and we give up only 7. NO is also 6th in giving up the most passing yards per game at 248.1. Oh and they are sitting at the top with the most passes over 40 yards with 8(how bad is that), also tied for 2nd with most passes for over 20 yards with 30.

Blazing Arrow
11-09-2007, 02:10 PM
Yes most of his preformances have been sub par ... but then again when we needed points he put us in position. Dropped balls make QBs look poor no matter who the QB is.

TexansSeminole
11-09-2007, 02:15 PM
Yes most of his preformances have been sub par ... but then again when we needed points he put us in position. Dropped balls make QBs look poor no matter who the QB is.

But at the same time a ratio of 3 TDs and 8 INTs is bad no matter what. Also the guy is only averaging 5.7 per attempt. You can't just blame your WRs, he really is playing poorly.

Silver Oak
11-09-2007, 02:17 PM

throw the balls better and they will be caught. The games I have watched, he has a tendency to overthrow alot.

Texan_Bill
11-09-2007, 02:35 PM

*ahem* I did watch the game. Sunday Ticket. The stats actually do him justice compared to actually watching that abomination.

Wow... Simply wow. One of the most prolific college rushing QB, rushes for 25 yards and 1 TD... 1

TD....so, he made up for half the picks he threw...

Vince simply isn't living up to the hype. Your defense has carried this team this season. Period. Sorry the stats add salt to that wound, but they illustrate perfectly how over-hyped VY is...

Texan_Bill
11-09-2007, 02:36 PM

So do dieing quails...

Double Barrel
11-09-2007, 03:01 PM
Maybe if the Texans had been formed in a minor league we'd have some minor league championships to 'brag' about. :rolleyes:

So let me get this straight: you happily embrace the positive history of the team while ignoring the negative. The ways of the bandwagon fan I will never truly understand.

Why do you root for the Giants when you've got plenty of other teams to bandwagon around the country? You could even pick a winning team, like Boston! Obviously you have no need to actually live anywhere near your chosen bandwagon team. :um:

Blazing Arrow
11-09-2007, 03:07 PM
So let me get this straight: you happily embrace the positive history of the team while ignoring the negative. The ways of the bandwagon fan I will never truly understand.

How am I ignoring anything? Please point out where I have done that. What I have said is the Titans when compared to the Texans (a comparison I never made ... face it we are better then you .... ) in there 1st 5 season have done better as an organization. Then the same person pulls the but you had an AFL team ... you are doing it in your own post. Chose a side do not take both arguments from both possible comparisons. If you want to talk about how we started in the NFL go ahead we are better then you. If you want to compare how we were in our first 5 season as a professional football team do that. Do not cop out with the but but buts ... it makes you look like you don't even know what you are arguing.

Blazing Arrow
11-09-2007, 04:06 PM
Maybe if the Texans had been formed in a minor league we'd have some minor league championships to 'brag' about. :rolleyes:

Why do you root for the Giants when you've got plenty of other teams to bandwagon around the country? You could even pick a winning team, like Boston! Obviously you have no need to actually live anywhere near your chosen bandwagon team. :um:

Now you are trying to call me a bandwagoner for following a team for 20+ years? Yeah huge bandwagon fan here. :rolleyes: When do you stop being a bandwagoner and start being a fan? Please explain ... cuz as it looks now you have jumped ship from one team to another and followed them for almost 6 years.

When you hit the 20+ mark talk to me again about being a bandwagoner cuz you got no ground to stand on.

TexansSeminole
11-09-2007, 04:06 PM
How am I ignoring anything? Please point out where I have done that. What I have said is the Titans when compared to the Texans (a comparison I never made ... face it we are better then you .... ) in there 1st 5 season have done better as an organization. Then the same person pulls the but you had an AFL team ... you are doing it in your own post. Chose a side do not take both arguments from both possible comparisons. If you want to talk about how we started in the NFL go ahead we are better then you. If you want to compare how we were in our first 5 season as a professional football team do that. Do not cop out with the but but buts ... it makes you look like you don't even know what you are arguing.

All I can say is we'll see you on December 2nd.

Double Barrel
11-09-2007, 06:42 PM
Now you are trying to call me a bandwagoner for following a team for 20+ years? Yeah huge bandwagon fan here. :rolleyes: When do you stop being a bandwagoner and start being a fan? Please explain ... cuz as it looks now you have jumped ship from one team to another and followed them for almost 6 years.

When you hit the 20+ mark talk to me again about being a bandwagoner cuz you got no ground to stand on.

I'm not "calling" you anything. If the shoe fits, wear it. :howdy:

I root for my hometown teams. Why is this so hard for you to comprehend? It's simple logic. When a team no longer sports "Houston" in front of it and changes their identity completely, they are no longer the same team in spite of what some corporate charter says.

And so what, you've been a bandwagoner for 20+ years. Embrace it and quit trying to hide behind your twisted idealism. Just be who you are and don't be ashamed of it. It's no big deal.

Blazing Arrow
11-09-2007, 07:41 PM

I root for my hometown teams. Why is this so hard for you to comprehend? It's simple logic. When a team no longer sports "Houston" in front of it and changes their identity completely, they are no longer the same team in spite of what some corporate charter says.

And so what, you've been a bandwagoner for 20+ years. Embrace it and quit trying to hide behind your twisted idealism. Just be who you are and don't be ashamed of it. It's no big deal.

band·wag·on - noun

a party, cause, movement, etc., that by its mass appeal or strength readily attracts many followers

yup that is me to a tee :rolleyes:

at least know the definition of the word you are trying to insult someone with.

Brando
11-10-2007, 09:56 AM
[quote=Texan_Bill;780271]He tried to lose the game last week. It's a shame for the Panthers that Carr played worse.[/qoute]

I will there, is always fresh ground beef each season thanks to the Moos.

It's you and it's in your head.:shades:

Blazing Arrow
11-10-2007, 10:43 AM
It's you and it's in your head.:shades:

Or maybe I did that on purpose ... :hmmm:

ChildressTitanMan
11-10-2007, 06:35 PM

I hear you & I can support that logic.

Yet what if your choosing of a team has nothing to do with geography.What if your local team's fans have a reputation for being mindless thugs & trailer park trash.

What if you got into a sport when you were at college? What if you follow a sport that isn't played in your own country?

There are lots of reasons why you'd follow a team through thick & thin other than the one in your home town.

You know as well as anyone that the term band wagon is a jibe pointing to a person as fickle in their team loyalty. Hiding behind the old 'the owner was a douche' excuse isn't a get out of jail free card when it comes to being a band wagoner.

'I'm just following my hometown' is a admirable & I can dig it. Yet doing that & trying to label another who sticks by a team as a band wagoner is like standing in the rain & trying to convince people your not getting wet.

Double Barrel
11-12-2007, 02:51 PM
band·wag·on - noun

a party, cause, movement, etc., that by its mass appeal or strength readily attracts many followers

yup that is me to a tee :rolleyes:

at least know the definition of the word you are trying to insult someone with.

And you first became a fan when they went 1-15....riiiiiiight? :rolleyes:

Don't lie now. You started rooting for the Oilers when they were winning, by your own admission.

So it's not an insult, just a factual observation. My application was exactly fitting for the example.

I hear you & I can support that logic.

Yet what if your choosing of a team has nothing to do with geography.What if your local team's fans have a reputation for being mindless thugs & trailer park trash.

What if you got into a sport when you were at college? What if you follow a sport that isn't played in your own country?

There are lots of reasons why you'd follow a team through thick & thin other than the one in your home town.

You know as well as anyone that the term band wagon is a jibe pointing to a person as fickle in their team loyalty. Hiding behind the old 'the owner was a douche' excuse isn't a get out of jail free card when it comes to being a band wagoner.

'I'm just following my hometown' is a admirable & I can dig it. Yet doing that & trying to label another who sticks by a team as a band wagoner is like standing in the rain & trying to convince people your not getting wet.

That is a noble attempt to defend your friend. And if any of it had merit relative to BA's bandwagon of the winning Oilers back in the day, then he'd be free to use it.

But he had a classy winning organization to root for where he grew up (49ers), and decided to bandwagon another team. It's not like it's a sin or anything. Just his autobiography as told in these forums.

It's no biggie. I jumped on the Packers bandwagon when Houston's NFL team was stolen...but I didn't get emotional about it and buy any Green Bay gear. I just rooted for Favre when I had a chance to see them play.

TexansSeminole
11-12-2007, 03:21 PM
Bandwagoners are the worst kind of fans and are always the easiest to pick out.

It's no biggie. I jumped on the Packers bandwagon when Houston's NFL team was stolen...but I didn't get emotional about it and buy any Green Bay gear. I just rooted for Favre when I had a chance to see them play.

No way you were a bandwagoner if you didn't get emotional. Everybody roots for Favre. I see no front running here.

ChildressTitanMan
11-12-2007, 04:52 PM
If Arrow was a band wagon fan he'd have jumped off the Oilers/Titans wagon many moons ago.

Pull the udder one moo fans.

Blazing Arrow
11-12-2007, 05:29 PM
And you first became a fan when they went 1-15....riiiiiiight? :rolleyes:

Considering I was 5 the last time the Titans/Oilers had a one win season ... no I can honestly say I was not a fan then. Then again I was 5 so ....

Also the Oilers have never finished 1-15 ...

Don't lie now. You started rooting for the Oilers when they were winning, by your own admission.

So it's not an insult, just a factual observation. My application was exactly fitting for the example.

Bandwaggon implies that in the times when the team sucks I would leave. I am still here sorry to tell you. I lived through the Billy Joe years ... the Buffalo melt down, getting owned by Elway. All were a blast but I stayed. That is called loyalty. Not just abandoning a team because they change locations. That is called not having a heart.

That is a noble attempt to defend your friend. And if any of it had merit relative to BA's bandwagon of the winning Oilers back in the day, then he'd be free to use it.

But he had a classy winning organization to root for where he grew up (49ers), and decided to bandwagon another team. It's not like it's a sin or anything. Just his autobiography as told in these forums.

So there can only be fans from the local area huh? That is amusing because without fans from other areas your team would wither and die. You think a hand full of goons that throw some horns on there head are the only people who should like your team? Pretty sad.

BTW I am a 9er fan I am just 10x more of a Titans fan.

TexansSeminole
11-12-2007, 05:43 PM
Bandwaggon implies that in the times when the team sucks I would leave.

Not exacly. When I hear bandwagon I think of a person who had no team affiliation before, but now picks a winning football team because either they are winning or they like some sort of star player on the team that they think is cool.

Frontrunner is more what you are talking about IMO. When your always going for the team that is winning (changing your team to the winning team).

Most fans of teams become fans because either a) they are from the city, b) they have family from the city, c) they attended a game at the area/stadium/field and really enjoyed the team (sometimes this can include d as well) or d) they are bandwagoners or front runners.

Bandwagon and front runners are kind of the same thing in my eyes, but I think there is a small difference and that is what I have explained above.

Blazing Arrow
11-12-2007, 05:46 PM
You are welcome to your own opinion ... I have mine.

Overalls
11-12-2007, 05:47 PM
Considering I was 5 the last time the Titans/Oilers had a one win season ... no I can honestly say I was not a fan then. Then again I was 5 so ....

Also the Oilers have never finished 1-15 ...

That would be correct. They did however have back to back 1-13 seasons,
(1972 and 1973) and went 1-8 in 1982. They only won 2 games in 1983 and 1994. Which would mean that they have finished as bad or worse than the Texans worse season 5 times and have won the same amount of Super Bowls as the Texans while trying for 7 times as many years.

Blazing Arrow
11-12-2007, 05:53 PM
That would be correct. They did however have back to back 1-13 seasons,
(1972 and 1973) and went 1-8 in 1982. They only won 2 games in 1983 and 1994. Which would mean that they have finished as bad or worse than the Texans worse season 5 times and have won the same amount of Super Bowls as the Texans while trying for 7 times as many years.

Thanks for the history leason ... I was not alive for two of those season and as mentioned I was 5 in '82 ... still would not change my loyalties. Reference 1994.

Texan_Bill
11-12-2007, 05:58 PM
Thanks for the history leason ... I was not alive for two of those season and as mentioned I was 5 in '82 ... still would not change my loyalties. Reference 1994.

5???!! SO what??! Thats no excuse!! In my family you were either an Oilers fan and hated the Cowboys -or- you were dis-owned and out on the street!!!! Geeeez.. The youth of today. :gun:

Overalls
11-12-2007, 06:29 PM

Did you know that Jeff Fisher scored a TD on a punt return in 1981?

Or that Steve McNair, the guy the TENNheads keep saying didn't play well his first 2 years in the league so there is hope for V Carr actually had a 9 to 5TD to INT ratio in his first 2 years.

Don't worry. My memory is not that good.

http://www.databasefootball.com/index.htm

That is a good link for all kinds of different football stats.

Now don't say I never gave you anything.

Blazing Arrow
11-12-2007, 06:32 PM
I was joking Overalls ... I am well aware of my teams history.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/

not a bad site for historical data and done in text.