PDA

View Full Version : 6th season new topic

badboy
06-08-2007, 03:48 PM
Uh what else can we talk about this off season? Name ONE (give others a chance) Texan player either on the team or that has moved on that you would say,

1. Hey, thanks for being a Texan!
2. Hey, thanks for taking McNair's money and not giving anything in return. (oh, oh wonder who gets most votes here?)
3. Hey, thanks for showing your face and sorry you just did not cut it, Bye,bye.
4. Hey, your momma should be ashamed of you!

And not one for each category. We only have had 500 players or so through our turnstiles.

Ckw
06-08-2007, 03:50 PM
Hhhmmmmm...... Who could I think of that would fit this description? Maybe.... David Carr?

Double Barrel
06-08-2007, 03:55 PM

AJ, after re-signing with the team. :texflag:

The Pencil Neck
06-08-2007, 03:57 PM

Domanick (Davis) Williams.

I can actually think of quite a few players I'd like to thank for their time here.

powerfuldragon
06-08-2007, 03:59 PM
1. Aaron Glenn
2. David Carr
3. Eric Moulds
4. See 2

eriadoc
06-08-2007, 04:01 PM
For this offseason?

1. Seth Payne - this guy was a very good player for a while, then the knee injury in NO stopped him cold. He came back from the injury, but was never the same player. Regardless, he played hard, kept quiet, and represented the team well.

2. In anticipation of pending offseason moves, I'll jump the gun and say Travis Johnson. Other options for this award are too obvious and should be banned from the thread.

3. For injury reasons, Domanick Davis/Williams. He played well when he could, gave it his all, but in the end, just didn't have quite enough. I bear no grudges to DD, though. Another candidate would be Moulds. I have no ill will toward Moulds, he just didn't cut it is all.

4. Kris Brown - continued his multi-year streak of being the worst kicker in the AFC. His numbers over the past three seasons are absolutely terrible. But hey, he still has a job, so I guess he's doing something right!

vtech9
06-08-2007, 04:03 PM
Uh what else can we talk about this off season? Name ONE (give others a chance) Texan player either on the team or that has moved on that you would say,

1. Hey, thanks for being a Texan! J. J. Moses
2. Hey, thanks for taking McNair's money and not giving anything in return. (oh, oh wonder who gets most votes here?) David Carr tied with Tony Boselli
3. Hey, thanks for showing your face and sorry you just did not cut it, Bye,bye. Eric Moulds
4. Hey, your momma should be ashamed of you! Jermaine Lewis

And not one for each category. We only have had 500 players or so through our turnstiles.

Sorry, I just had to give one for each category. My choices are bolded. Like "The Pencil Neck" said, there are quite a few that I would like to thank for being here.

Overalls
06-08-2007, 04:07 PM
2) Bennie Jopawho

Double Barrel
06-08-2007, 04:26 PM
2. Hey, thanks for taking McNair's money and not giving anything in return.

*COUGH!*TonyBoselli*COUGH!*

badboy
06-08-2007, 04:34 PM
Now isn't this fun? What about Chester Pitts? I really like this guy as an individual and a player. Shows up. Does his job and never gets tasered. Just a gentle but playful jab at you know who.

Double Barrel
06-08-2007, 04:37 PM
3. Hey, thanks for showing your face and sorry you just did not cut it, Bye,bye.

Benny Joppru, we hardly knew ye

TexanAddict
06-08-2007, 04:40 PM
Answered each with one player who is still ON the team and one player who is OFF the team:

1. ON (AJ) OFF (Moran Norris)
2. ON (TJ) OFF (Todd Wade)
3. OFF (Davis/Williams)
4. ON (Kris Brown) OFF (Matt Stevens)

Double Barrel
06-08-2007, 04:42 PM

"Travis Johnson, put that case of Twinkies down now!"

"Okay, momma"

badboy
06-08-2007, 04:54 PM
"Travis Johnson, put that case of Twinkies down now!"

"Okay, momma"I smooth fell out of my chair! lol

Second Honeymoon
06-08-2007, 04:56 PM

2. Hey, thanks for taking McNair's money and not giving anything in return. (oh, oh wonder who gets most votes here?)

1. Aaron Glenn
2. David Carr
3. Dominique Davis
4. Charlie Casserley or if it HAS to be a player, I will go with the worst starter in the history of the Texans, Matt Stephens.

i must have misread the question first time around..i thought it was for only former Texans...here is my list for the current question

1. Andre Johnson
2. David Carr
3. Dominique Davis
4. Travis Johnson

OzzO
06-08-2007, 10:04 PM
1. Sharper, DDW, Posey, Wong, A. Glenn, AJ
2. Casserly, Capers, Stevens, HWWNBN
3. K. Brown, Henson (for turning a 6th into a 3rd)
4. T. Johnson, Babin, P-Burnt

Malloy
06-09-2007, 05:08 AM
Now isn't this fun? What about Chester Pitts? I really like this guy as an individual and a player. Shows up. Does his job and never gets tasered. Just a gentle but playful jab at you know who.

#69 is my 'thank you' man :)

drewmar74
06-09-2007, 11:43 AM
hmmm

1) Andre Johnson for hanging around when he could have been looking for greener pastures. Sage Rosenfels. Dude has been a consumate pro through everything over the past year.
2) Gotta be Boselli. Carr is a close second, but he at least made the franchise some money based off of potential and jersey sales (I've got two nice ones if anyone is interested).
3) Man, how long is this list? Adding to those already mentioned add Stacey Mack and James Allen. Oh, and Tony Hollings. Man, have we had some mediocre RB's (DD/DW notwithstanding).
4) Travis Johnson. 1st rd. pick, no fire at all and I think the twinkie post says a lot.

Texanmike02
06-10-2007, 08:07 AM

1. Seth Payne - played hard, did his job, didn't complain
2. Charlie Casserly - unless it has to be a player... then it has to be Bosseli
3. Sam Cowart
4. Tony Bosseli unless it can be a non player - then Charley Casserly

Mike