PDA

View Full Version : Man, why don't we pick up this guy?

Texans34Life
06-06-2007, 12:28 AM
I heard he was pretty good...use to be w/ the Texans! [:P]

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/cardinals/articles/0605cardscuts-ON.html

Cardinals to release Milford Brown

Coach Ken Whisenhunt confirmed that nose tackle Kendrick Clancy and guard Milford Brown refused the team's request to "restructure" their contracts and will soon be released.

"I didn't want it to come down to a situation in training camp where we had to make a decision about these guys based on the money," Whisenhunt said. "Also, if they didn't want to restructure, I wanted to give them the opportunity to get on somewhere else. They decided they didn't to restructure, so I respect them."

"We're doing some things differently offensively and defensively. Out of respect to Kendrick and Milford, I didn't want it to come down to a situation at the last cut and have to make a decision at that point."

mexican_texan
06-06-2007, 12:48 AM
Clancy wouldn't be too bad of an idea.

MorKnolle
06-07-2007, 09:46 PM
I like the way profootballtalk.com puts things on Milford Brown [regarding possible interest in him by the Dolphins]:

The Fins have been struggling to beef up their offensive line, which arguably has been the most glaring weakness on the team.

With that said, we're not so sure that a guy whom the Texans allowed to walk away and the Cardinals fired is the answer.

eriadoc
06-08-2007, 09:27 AM
I like the way profootballtalk.com puts things on Milford Brown [regarding possible interest in him by the Dolphins]:

Quote:
The Fins have been struggling to beef up their offensive line, which arguably has been the most glaring weakness on the team.

With that said, we're not so sure that a guy whom the Texans allowed to walk away and the Cardinals fired is the answer.

There's something to be said for that. He never amounted to much here or in AZ. The line here was pathetic during the time he played, yet he never managed to really take over a position. When he played in AZ, he had the benefit of a better QB in Warner (even at his age, the unjuries were more problematic than skill level), and he still didn't establish himself as a standout. He's been given the opportunities.