PDA

View Full Version : For UH and Kolb Fans

cuppacoffee
06-04-2007, 03:26 PM
I noticed quite a few Kolb fans here before the draft.

I case any of you are still around and interested in Kolbs (very early) progress.

"For a rookie, he's really consistent and he has been, up to this point, very accurate for a first-year player," Eagles offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg said.

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/sports/20070603_Ashley_Fox____So_far__Kolb_looks_like_a_q uick_study.html

:coffee:

Double Barrel
06-04-2007, 03:35 PM
I hope this kid does well in Philly. I didn't expect him to be drafted so high, but I think he'll end up surprising a lot of folks and making the Eagles proud of their pick.

Thanks for the heads up. :thumbup

Texan_Bill
06-04-2007, 03:37 PM
Thanks for the read. It will be interesting to see how KK develops and what shakes out in Philly...

Vinny
06-04-2007, 03:39 PM
I'm a big Kolb fan and am going to watch him closely over the years. Good luck to him...cept when they play us.

real
06-04-2007, 04:07 PM
Kolb will be a beast...mark it down...

HOU-TEX
06-04-2007, 04:08 PM
That's cool. Thanks cup. I hope the best for Kolb. I hope he remains mentally tough because he's going to need it in Philly. Hopefully McNabb can stay healthy in order for Kolb to be coached properly.:cool:

Tulip
06-04-2007, 04:18 PM
Good find. Thanks for sharing.

It's great that Kolb is getting a lot of reps and attention because the other QBs aren't there. I'm not surprised that he is already impressing his coaches and the local media.

The Eagles are a great team, but those fans....that's a tough crowd. Best of luck to Kolb.

Specnatz
06-04-2007, 04:36 PM
Great find, I love it. I am a huge Kolb guy and thought he would do well at the next level. Of course I thought it would be a year or two before he is the starter but I like the praise he is getting from with in that organization.

I will folow him like others have said and hope for the best when not playing the Texans.

Showtime100
06-04-2007, 06:13 PM
Thanks for the link. I'm going to send it to my father now, he'll be happy to see it.

gwallaia
06-04-2007, 09:41 PM
I feel very good that KK is in Philadelphia. Here he has a chance to grow into a quarterback position on a good team with a veteran QB to help him out.

The last two UH quarterbacks, Ware and Klingler, were thrown to the wolves as rookies on really bad teams with offensive lines that make the Texan's offensive line appear Pro-Bowl caliber.

Now the Coogs just need to figure out who is going to replace KK.

TexansSeminole
06-05-2007, 02:27 AM
Thanks for the update. I haven't had much time to delve into other teams and check out the rookies I am supposed to be watching.

Recently, I saw Art Briles at Ninfa's and he was saying that Kolb is a good fit for the Eagles. He was alone but I didn't talk to him too long because I didn't want to bother him. He also said that it will be hard to top the last year after losing so many players in response to my congratulating him on a good season.

brakos82
06-05-2007, 06:44 PM
I hope he does good in all but three years: 2010,2014,2018 :texflag:

badboy
06-08-2007, 04:52 PM
Glad to see a Houston player do well. Thanks for the thread.

jgl35
06-08-2007, 10:39 PM
Since I live up here, I would like to get you some other information on Kolb. This is from reports from tv. newspapers radio, and internet.
Kolb has been working quite a bit with Mornhinweg. When Kolb makes a mistake, 'weg pulls Kolb over and lets him ''take a rest'', talks to him about it, and runs the play again. Kolb, by all reports, is very coachable. Holcomb has also been helping Kolb with the ''little things'' in takes to be a pro QB.
Most of the throws early in rookie camp were 1,,2,3, release. Short routes to backs, TE, WR. Vintage Andy Reid passing stuff. They have him scrambing and throwing on the run.
Now for the ''bad''.
Kolb is high on his throws on the deep routes.
I also read a report from Gary Cobb, the old Lion/Eagle LB who now works for CBS TV in Philly, who said Kolb in awful in blitz drills. Holds the ball too long and takes sacks, or hurries and throws bad passes.
Personally, it the interviews I have heard from Kolb, I am impressed with him. He can handle the press and fan base up here. Very important, because if you can't, they will eat you alive.

gwallaia
06-08-2007, 11:39 PM
Hey jgl, are they pronouncing his name right up there?

jgl35
06-09-2007, 07:53 AM
Hey jgl, are they pronouncing his name right up there?

I believe so. He hasn't said anything about that. Eagles get nicknames from their teamates (5--McNabb). Will let you know what they give to Kolb.

Specnatz
06-09-2007, 01:12 PM
I believe so. He hasn't said anything about that. Eagles get nicknames from their teamates (5--McNabb). Will let you know what they give to Kolb.

It is pronounced like corn on the Cobb by the, way just FYI.