PDA

View Full Version : No Cheese, Just the Whine, Thanks

Vinny
11-01-2004, 01:42 AM
http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-online/stories/110104/spf_freeman.shtml

Texans' dirty tricks pull Jaguars down
By MIKE FREEMAN, Times-Union columnist

The Jaguars were involved in a number of scuffles, including a massive shoving match at the end of the game on the Jaguars sidelines. They were penalized a season-high 11 times for 80 yards. "This game was not one of our better moments," said tight end Kyle Brady.

Some half-dozen Jaguars players said in interviews that the Texans were utilizing some of the dirtiest tricks in the book. Questionable low blocking. Kicking in the groin (hate when that happens). Throwing punches when the official wasn't looking. And perhaps the most egregious foul of all, they said, was that Houston players at times put on some of the worst acting jobs since William Shatner played Captain Kirk. In other words, the Texans played like devils, and then when the refs awoke from their catnaps to see what a scuffle was about, the Houston players shrugged and made like angels. "Who," they would say innocently, "little old me?"

That's all true.

Here's the problem.

When the dirty stuff happens, no matter how egregious, a player really has only one choice.

"You have to walk away," said Stroud, "and we didn't do that. The stuff [the Texans] were doing was crazy. They would pull some questionable stuff, and we would get called for the penalty."

texman8
11-01-2004, 01:51 AM
Man, who are they kidding? That doesn't sound like our Texans. Sour grapes/ Crybabies! The better team won today!

jnhcarrfans
11-01-2004, 01:56 AM
http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-online/stories/110104/spf_freeman.shtml

i think both teams had some issues jags lost.deal with it.

Vinny
11-01-2004, 01:58 AM
Deal with what? We won!

jnhcarrfans
11-01-2004, 02:04 AM
Deal with what? We won!

yeah. i know :headbang:

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
11-01-2004, 02:13 AM
screw the Jag-offs

Ibar_Harry
11-01-2004, 02:46 AM
Capers needs to hang this one up in the locker room for the next go around. I would say it gets awfully rough in any pile of tacklers. I noticed Capers said to be smart in the locker room and "be careful what you say". I assume he ment don't antagonize the opposition whomever they may be. I suspect if we did play dirty this time we could really show them what it can be like next time. I would, however, hope that that's not how we win ball games.

Corrosion
11-01-2004, 02:50 AM
Its only a penalty if you get caught , seems to me the jag's were the ones being hit with the penalties :whistle: ....... who me ?

Vinny
11-01-2004, 02:50 AM
Capers needs to hang this one up in the locker room for the next go around. I e-mailed it to them about an hour ago.
:whoohoo:

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
11-01-2004, 04:04 AM
Stroud must be referring to the "Jedi mind tricks" the Texans were using that forced Leftwich to throw the INT to Faggins. lol

aj.
11-01-2004, 06:53 AM
The irony of these goons whining about dirty play is overwhelming, funny, and very satisfying.

GeauxTexans
11-01-2004, 07:21 AM
Some half-dozen Jaguars players said in interviews that the Texans were utilizing some of the dirtiest tricks in the book. Questionable low blocking. Kicking in the groin (hate when that happens). Throwing punches when the official wasn't looking. And perhaps the most egregious foul of all, they said, was that Houston players at times put on some of the worst acting jobs since William Shatner played Captain Kirk. In other words, the Texans played like devils, and then when the refs awoke from their catnaps to see what a scuffle was about, the Houston players shrugged and made like angels. "Who," they would say innocently, "little old me?"

http://bellsouthpwp.net/e/d/edilleaux/images/nopity.gif

Chance_C
11-01-2004, 08:10 AM
A nice little rivalry budding, that's for sure!! I did notice on the 15 yard penalty at the end of the first half a little acting on our part, but I loved it!!

JDizzle
11-01-2004, 08:10 AM
You've got to be frickin' kidding. The Jags calling the Texans dirty? That's like R. Kelly calling Michael Jackson a pervert! Aren't John Henderson and Marcus Stroud supposed to be TOUGH!?! Give me break guys. We beat you on a day that we didn't play too well, and we outperformed you on both sides of the ball. Have a nice day!

Henderson98
11-01-2004, 08:20 AM
One of the unspoken rules of football... the guy that reacts to dirty play is the guy that gets caught...

Grid
11-01-2004, 08:23 AM
It wouldnt surprise me one bit if the Texans did everything that the jags say they did.. and I hope that its true. The jags have been playing dirty against us since day one.. the clothesline to David Carr by Stroud.. the late hit on Moses..

if we went out there and got aggressive..and showed them that they cant push us around.. then thats awesome :).. I was really worried that we didnt have a mean streak.. the way that we didnt retaliate when moses got hit late and such. But its good to see that we do have one and that we are smart enough to use it in a way that doesnt get us penalized :)

SportsLover83
11-01-2004, 09:20 AM
It wouldnt surprise me one bit if the Texans did everything that the jags say they did.. and I hope that its true. The jags have been playing dirty against us since day one.. the clothesline to David Carr by Stroud.. the late hit on Moses..

if we went out there and got aggressive..and showed them that they cant push us around.. then thats awesome :).. I was really worried that we didnt have a mean streak.. the way that we didnt retaliate when moses got hit late and such. But its good to see that we do have one and that we are smart enough to use it in a way that doesnt get us penalized :)

I agree 100%

V Man
11-01-2004, 10:18 AM
Maybe I'm just over reacting, but they want to call someone dirty, how about the DT (I think Henderson) who hit Carr late (no penalty) then to top it off, he dives at his legs, I'm sure knowing that Carr has had ankle problems this year. To me that was playing dirty. :twocents:

|The.Brand0n|
11-01-2004, 10:21 AM
A nice little rivalry budding, that's for sure!! I did notice on the 15 yard penalty at the end of the first half a little acting on our part, but I loved it!!

I saw #48 Pittman on that play too ... falling all the way back, then rolling backwards over his head. Then when the ref threw the flag, he immediately got up clapping feverishly. Between that, and Chad Stanley's shaking defenders... I am positive I lost 12 pounds from laughing so hard. :rofl:

cuppacoffee
11-01-2004, 10:38 AM
"You have to walk away," said Stroud, "and we didn't do that. The stuff [the Texans] were doing was crazy. They would pull some questionable stuff, and we would get called for the penalty."

This is for you Stroud and the rest of you crybaby jag fans. Don't like it when you get a dose of your own medicine? :baby:

CAC :coffee:

texan279
11-01-2004, 10:43 AM
worst acting jobs since William Shatner played Captain Kirk

He must have not seen their own kicker last weekend against the Colts when someone rolled into him right after he kicked the ball and grabbed his leg like someone had cut it in half with a chainsaw, then AFTER seeing his game winning 53 yard field goal was good, he got up and was fine.

Chance_C
11-01-2004, 11:11 AM
when someone rolled into him right after he kicked the ball and grabbed his leg like someone had cut it in half with a chainsaw

I thought he acted like he was hit with an axe!!.. :hehe:

RTP2110
11-01-2004, 11:42 AM
Classic sore loser tactics. Had the Jags won, they wouldn't have said anything. I call it payback for thier dirty play towards us for the last 2 seasons. Funny, no other teams mentioned anything like that about us, while the Jags have a history of it.

Errant Hothy
11-01-2004, 11:58 AM
Qouting from teh artical:

"It was the hand of Houston long snapper Bryan Pittman, which was wrapped around Henderson's throat, according to the Jaguars.

Yeah. That might slow someone down."

If I was Mr. Henderson I wouldn't be telling people that a long snapper PUNK'd my liake a prison B!!. C'mon John you were nearly one of teh biggest guys on teh feild Sunday, and if you can't break from a long snapper, no matter wht he is doing, maybe the trainer needs to slap you a little harder before the game.

This may be the biggest peice of homer writting I've read, regarding the NFL, this year.

Hervoyel
11-01-2004, 12:27 PM
Further digging turns up this nice page (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=1911996) full of Jags fans misery.

The usual mix of believers and critics but the comments are worth a look.

rittenhouserobz
11-01-2004, 12:47 PM
I loved seeing Carr getting mad and slamming his helmet.

aj.
11-01-2004, 01:53 PM
Memo to Freeman (http://www.koumis.com/sfx/baby.mp3)

phan1
11-01-2004, 02:14 PM
Yeah, this is BS IMO (as well as most everyone on this board). We pretty much dominated on all facets of the game. Yeah, we both had some calls from both sides that really could have changed the game, but we did deserve to win. We were definitely the better team Sunday.

As for that late hit on Carr, this might be a lesson to Carr actually. I think he might have slowed down after throwing away the ball thinking, "I threw the ball away so this guy is not going to hit me." As a QB, avoid danger at every point in the play and don't assume that the guy isn't going to hit you. He probably could have dodged that hit. I would definitely preferr that our QB go untouched rather than getting getting the "roughing the passer" call any day of the week.

Also, I am concerned about losing our cool out on the field. Particularly with Peek, who has been known to be overly aggressive after the play is over. There were a few scuffles on Sunday that I would rather not have seen, and it seems like Peek is always in the middle of it. The last thing we need are unnecessary flags on the field. It will absolutely cost you games. Look at the Carolina game from last year! If Peek ever causes an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty, I will go insane!

Blake
11-01-2004, 02:23 PM
What I love about this game is that it shows how twisted the "sports writers" are. The Jags beat Indy, and the are "for real". But when they lose to the Texans they are "pretenders." I swear, you cant get a straight answer out of them. I wonder how Peter King is feeling about his Jax vs. Hawks superbowl prediction. I bet he is singing a new tune.

cuppacoffee
11-01-2004, 03:16 PM
Memo to Freeman (http://www.koumis.com/sfx/baby.mp3)

:rofl:

:BananaWav Jag fans

Keldar
11-01-2004, 07:08 PM
the bullies got punched in their mouths Sunday, now they're cryin' for their momma. :thumbdown

georgewashington
11-01-2004, 07:31 PM
Yeah, this is BS IMO (as well as most everyone on this board). We pretty much dominated on all facets of the game. Yeah, we both had some calls from both sides that really could have changed the game, but we did deserve to win. We were definitely the better team Sunday.

As for that late hit on Carr, this might be a lesson to Carr actually. I think he might have slowed down after throwing away the ball thinking, "I threw the ball away so this guy is not going to hit me." As a QB, avoid danger at every point in the play and don't assume that the guy isn't going to hit you. He probably could have dodged that hit. I would definitely preferr that our QB go untouched rather than getting getting the "roughing the passer" call any day of the week.

Also, I am concerned about losing our cool out on the field. Particularly with Peek, who has been known to be overly aggressive after the play is over. There were a few scuffles on Sunday that I would rather not have seen, and it seems like Peek is always in the middle of it. The last thing we need are unnecessary flags on the field. It will absolutely cost you games. Look at the Carolina game from last year! If Peek ever causes an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty, I will go insane!

Overly aggressive? He didnt get any penalties, there is nothing wrong with him throwing a little verbal taunt at a guy that just got smacked returning a punt. This is the NFL not preschool, they all talk all game, and their return man just got mad. And then Peek and someone else went over to their sidelines when the whole jags team was pushing Wells around. I am all for teammates sticking up for each other. You dont let the other team push anyone around, especially at your home. I would go more insane if they sat there and watched a four on one scuffle. Its just like baseball pitchers, you hit my teammate, i hit one of yours. And its like in hockey, you take a cheap shot at my team, i come punch you in the face and take a 2 min. penalty.

ledzeppelin229
11-01-2004, 07:41 PM
Found this on one of the Jax news sites. Classic.

http://jaguars.jacksonville.com/media/photos/jags-texans103104/18spt_texFakeFG103104.jpg

Jacksonville Jaguars cornerback 30 Dewayne Washington left is faked out by Houston Texans holder 7 Chad Stanley who ran upfield for a first down on a fake field goal with 8:35 to play in the game during the Jags 206 loss Sunday afternoon October 31, 2004 at Reliant Stadium in Houston Texas.
- Rick Wilson/staff

jags98
11-01-2004, 07:44 PM
I think some of you guys are being a little hippocritical. Im not here to complain or anything but I could care less about that article. Some of your members were complaning that we were Dirty and did cheap shots but yet you guys won? idonno: :confused:

Vinny
11-01-2004, 07:57 PM
I don't think there is hypocrisy in laughing at the other team whining when they lose.

phan1
11-01-2004, 08:09 PM
Overly aggressive? He didnt get any penalties, there is nothing wrong with him throwing a little verbal taunt at a guy that just got smacked returning a punt. This is the NFL not preschool, they all talk all game, and their return man just got mad. And then Peek and someone else went over to their sidelines when the whole jags team was pushing Wells around. I am all for teammates sticking up for each other. You dont let the other team push anyone around, especially at your home. I would go more insane if they sat there and watched a four on one scuffle. Its just like baseball pitchers, you hit my teammate, i hit one of yours. And its like in hockey, you take a cheap shot at my team, i come punch you in the face and take a 2 min. penalty.

While I agree he did nothing wrong, and it did help that other guys got involved, I would really rather not see it. You never know when the ref is going to pull out that flag and I'd rather be safe than sorry. This is football, and one flag (especially an unsportsmanlike conduct) can easily change a game.

georgewashington
11-01-2004, 08:12 PM
When is the last time you saw a penalty for talking? it just doesnt happen this day in age, people like seeing it so they dont call it. Unless the person does something physical they let it go.

ColdSteelBlue
11-01-2004, 08:16 PM
I guess they were not watching when Henderson tried to cripple Carr. idonno:

jags98
11-01-2004, 08:38 PM
I don't think there is hypocrisy in laughing at the other team whining when they lose.
Like when Stroud clotheslined Carr and the Jags won?

jags98
11-01-2004, 08:39 PM
I guess they were not watching when Henderson tried to cripple Carr. idonno:
Oh yea... he tried to cripple him.

Vinny
11-01-2004, 08:42 PM
Like when Stroud clotheslined Carr and the Jags won?You guys are loud and proud of that. I find the fact that you guys revel in that tackle consistant with your teams overall character.

jags98
11-01-2004, 08:44 PM
You guys are loud and proud of that. I find the fact that you guys revel in that tackle consistant with your teams overall character.
Are you stereotyping? btw its still whining.

TEXANS84
11-01-2004, 08:47 PM
Jags6 just started a thread about this thread over at the Jacksonville boards. Release the hounds!

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
11-01-2004, 08:47 PM
screw the Jags

Vinny
11-01-2004, 08:54 PM
Are you stereotyping? btw its still whining.Yeah, it was a general statement, but you guys always seem to enjoy it. You brought the closeline up, not me.

texasguy346
11-01-2004, 09:04 PM
The irony of these goons whining about dirty play is overwhelming, funny, and very satisfying.

Couldn't agree more. I hope we give them even more to whine about next time.

TEXANS84
11-01-2004, 09:06 PM
I wonder who emailed the column to Rich and Charley on 610 am. They've talked about it quite a bit today.

El_DudeArino
11-01-2004, 09:11 PM
Jags were crying about our dirty business in the pile ups...

Dirtaaaaaaaahy SOOOUUUUUTTTHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

The Colts are starting to punk even more and I bet they lose to the Vikes, The kitty cats got rolled and now they have a bye.

Looks like we will own AFC South if not already.

Denver can't beat us without Elway, go see there m-board, they want to trade for Carr. They say he's another Elway coming up...

Bring on the Steelers!!!!! :boxing:

tana
11-01-2004, 09:20 PM
Stroud got called for two personal fouls on late hits to McNair last year. It basically gave us a touchdown.

Henderson98
11-01-2004, 09:25 PM
Jags were crying about our dirty business in the pile ups...

Looks like we will own AFC South if not already.

Don't count any chickens before they hatch... the AFC South is going to beat up on each other this year.. I wouldn't be surprised if we all ended up 3-3 in the division... :twocents:

TEXANS84
11-01-2004, 10:29 PM
Don't count any chickens before they hatch... the AFC South is going to beat up on each other this year.. I wouldn't be surprised if we all ended up 3-3 in the division... :twocents:

I agree with you there Stormy....this is a rough division!

thegr8fan
11-01-2004, 10:29 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if we all ended up 3-3 in the division... I could easily see that also. After we beat you again, and you beat the Titans again, it could very easily be 3-3 for your Jags.

Your players play dirty. And worse yet, they get away with it. If, big IF there actually IMHO, the Texans handed your team a dose of its own medicine then so be it. In short, if your dirty Jags players Stroud and Henderson can't handle it, then don't dish it out. :popcorn:

Porky
11-01-2004, 11:43 PM

Couldn't of said it better myself. This is like the classroom bully getting his nose bloodied and running home to Mommy to complain. If you dish it out, you better learn to take it. Next time, I seriousely hope someone rolls over on Leftwich's ankle and takes him out for the year. I am sick and tired of the Jags and thier dirty players. But, I'm not surprised, since Del Rio was one of the dirtiest LB's in the league. No class sore losing sacks of ****. And, that's the best I can say about the Jags, who after yesterday, more closely resemble Garfield after being declawed and neutered. Go Texans, and next time, take them all out. Time to teach the kittens a lesson! :hehe:

kuno
11-02-2004, 12:31 AM

I dont think there are 2 many Jag's fans whining. This splitting games depending on homefield seems to be becoming a tradition. You guys came with your A game and won fair and square. The officiating was horrible, but that goes both ways. We lost and I hope it makes the players and coaches refocus during the bye. The Colts lost too, so it is not earth shattering to us and just need to get it together.

kuno
11-02-2004, 12:33 AM
I could easily see that also. After we beat you again, and you beat the Titans again, it could very easily be 3-3 for your Jags.

Your players play dirty. And worse yet, they get away with it. If, big IF there actually IMHO, the Texans handed your team a dose of its own medicine then so be it. In short, if your dirty Jags players Stroud and Henderson can't handle it, then don't dish it out. :popcorn:

I saw no dirty play from the Texans. The Jaguars have a history of playing mean and we would have no room to complain about it. Looked like the Texans played physical and let the score do their talking.

Vinny
11-02-2004, 12:34 AM
I dont think there are 2 many Jag's fans whining. This splitting games depending on homefield seems to be becoming a tradition. You guys came with your A game and won fair and square. The officiating was horrible, but that goes both ways. We lost and I hope it makes the players and coaches refocus during the bye. The Colts lost too, so it is not earth shattering to us and just need to get it together.I wasn't talking about the fans. All I did was post the article. The article is about the players whining, not the fans. I didn't comment on them until Stormy mentioned the clothesline.

kuno
11-02-2004, 12:36 AM
I wasn't talking about the fans. All I did was post the article. I didn't comment on it until Stormy mentioned the clothesline.

Yea, I was following. I cant speak for the team, but I can speak as a fan. I realize the original intent of the post, however it seemed to be getting related to the fans as well.

Vinny
11-02-2004, 12:38 AM
I realize the original intent of the post, however it seemed to be getting related to the fans as well.If I post an article from your newspaper and put in no comment how do you figure that?

kuno
11-02-2004, 12:48 AM
If I post an article from your newspaper and put in no comment how do you figure that?

I am not just pointing you out man. You are quick to the hostilities huh? The thread has several post that seem to point to the fans as being whinners as well (not from you). The quote I used from you just fit nicely in reference to the fans as well.

Vinny
11-02-2004, 12:51 AM
I am not just pointing you out man. You are quick to the hostilities huh? The thread has several post that seem to point to the fans as being whinners as well (not from you). The quote I used from you just fit nicely in reference to the fans as well.You quoted me, not the others, so I answered you.

Can you point out something hostile in that post for me?

kuno
11-02-2004, 12:57 AM
Hostilities may have been the wrong word. My bad...

Fear not. I understood your post and know you were not refering to the fans in anyway. Just posting a article and letting the thread go.

I am mearly putting my 2 cents in on the fans and in no way did I intend to make it seem like it was you that was complaining about them.

We are all in the clear. Carry on...

Jwwillis
11-02-2004, 01:20 AM
I tried to bring up the dirty play last week and some Jag fans took offense. As I recall the talk was of forgiving and forgetting the JJ hit and the cloths line tackle. Then further comments about how it was all hype and was a small part of the game. I stand by my original assesment. The Jags are a dirty team, the Texans remembered it, and the payback was sweeeeet. Let the rivalry continue. :thumbup

kuno
11-02-2004, 01:22 AM
I tried to bring up the dirty play last week and some Jag fans took offense. As I recall the talk was of forgiving and forgetting the JJ hit and the cloths line tackle. Then further comments about how it was all hype and was a small part of the game. I stand by my original assesment. The Jags are a dirty team, the Texans remembered it, and the payback was sweeeeet. Let the rivalry continue. :thumbup

I dont think there was any "payback". The Texans looked to be playing clean as can be to me.

Henderson98
11-02-2004, 06:56 AM
I wasn't talking about the fans. All I did was post the article. The article is about the players whining, not the fans. I didn't comment on them until Stormy mentioned the clothesline.

That wasn't Stormy that mentioned the clothesline... idonno:

Henderson98
11-02-2004, 06:42 PM
Just wanted to bump this to clear up I didn't bring up the clothesline... some other Jag fan did...

Vinny
11-02-2004, 07:05 PM
Like when Stroud clotheslined Carr and the Jags won?Yeah, sorry bout that. Very close names. I'll be more careful.

texansfan88
11-02-2004, 08:37 PM
I emailed rich from sportsradio610 on yesterdays show about the article and he had about an 8 minute segment on it yesterday...then today on the aaron glenn show, he had a huge laugh about that columnist...needless to say I sent mike freeman (the author of it) a nice little phone message with Marc Vandemeer, Rich Lord, Matt Jackson and Aaron Glenns comments on it.

done88
11-02-2004, 11:09 PM
Last year I think the Jags tried to kill Moses when he declared a fair catch. That is how you hurt someone and it does not get any dirtier then that.

rhc564
11-02-2004, 11:26 PM
...someone just had to mention Peek's name--- talk about 'whine,' here
comes GeorgeWashinton to hog another thread until the 'lights go out'
or Peek's name gets mentioned again..... :yap

Wolf
11-04-2004, 12:23 AM
if this is true.. I am wondering about the whole organization

Jag's lied about Byron's injury (http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-online/stories/110304/spf_17087888.shtml)

TexansTrueFan
11-04-2004, 01:03 AM
u know what they say about the AFC (All F***ing Cons) prolly just saying that to throw off their next opponents so they study Gerrard rather than Byron !!! Cause they're scared were gonna take the division from them :) Which we will !!!! :thumbup

Henderson98
11-04-2004, 08:26 AM
if this is true.. I am wondering about the whole organization

Jag's lied about Byron's injury (http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-online/stories/110304/spf_17087888.shtml)

http://www.jaguars.com/story/3999.asp
“There's no conspiracy theory. I ask you not to get ahead of the story, please. I did not sound the alarm on Monday, very simply, because I didn't think there was a need to. Byron finished the game on Sunday. He was sore. We had two weeks until our next game,” Del Rio said.

Just because some of the sports media likes to try to jump a head of what's really happening doesn't mean that the Jags did anything wrong...

P.S. it's David Garrard

El Tejano
11-04-2004, 01:21 PM
http://www.jaguars.com/story/3999.asp

Just because some of the sports media likes to try to jump a head of what's really happening doesn't mean that the Jags did anything wrong...

P.S. it's David Garrard
You're still here? lol:

J/K. I figure after the loss we wouldn't see any Jag fans but I guess I understand since yall aren't playing next week. Anyhow, glad to see your a cool fan that can take a loss the right way.

Vinny
11-04-2004, 03:48 PM
El, this Jags fan has been on this board for years. She is one of the best.

TexansTrueFan
11-04-2004, 03:56 PM
for years with only 16 posts ?????? hmmmmmm

El Tejano
11-04-2004, 04:44 PM
Just doing a little ribbing since we won. I don't mean no harm. Also giving her props for sticking to her team. Alot of the others managed to hide under a rock.

Vinny
11-04-2004, 07:22 PM
for years with only 16 posts ?????? hmmmmmm
Not all our visting fans migrated with us when we swapped boards. We just played the Jags last week.

TexansTrueFan
11-04-2004, 07:44 PM
ya sorry Vinny i dont use but about 1/16 of my brain so ya gotta excuse me !

Henderson98
11-04-2004, 09:28 PM
Thanks for the kind words Vinny and El:thankyou:, I just re-signed up last week but I may come around and visit every so often, and as far as sticking around, in most cases (LOL) I try not to talk so much smack that I'd be to ashamed to show my face...

Ibar_Harry
11-04-2004, 09:44 PM
It was obvious as to what point in the game Lefty was injured. He has a reputation of continuing on despite injury. I know I commented on perhaps he would stiffen up and we might not see him in the second half, but he played anyway. What I'm going to elude to is did he worsen his injury by trying to be macho? According to the article there was significant damage. Perhaps he increased the seriousness of the injury by playing on. Could it be the Jags were their own worst enemy. It seems like the Texans have been very causious when injuries occur. They migh be very smart in taking that position and approach.

TexansTrueFan
11-04-2004, 09:55 PM
yeah it was just said on espn that he had another look at his knee and will be needing surgrey which will end the rest of the season for him ! Sorry to hear that but your back up didnt look to bad while he was in the game !

Vinny
11-05-2004, 11:42 AM
Long snapper Bryan Pittman was amused to hear the Jaguars accusing him of having his hand wrapped around 300-pound defensive tackle John Henderson's throat during a fourth-quarter play Sunday.

The play in question was the fake field-goal attempt on fourth-and-two that involved holder Chad Stanley running a fake for a first down. When Jacksonville retaliated against Pittman after the play's conclusion by shoving him, Pittman put on an Oscar-winning performance by falling to the ground. The referees saw Pittman get pushed and penalized the Jaguars for a personal foul.

"I would have remembered if I choked somebody," Pittman said. "I had my doubts it happened. Sure enough, I came back and watched film to clarify that it didn't happen, and it didn't."

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/sports/2885361

TEXANS84
11-06-2004, 02:17 PM
Hmmm...lets hope the Jags don't get ahold of this picture!
Seth Payne even has a little hole for the poop shoot.
http://www.chron.com/content/news/photos/04/10/31/texans/photo5.jpg