PDA

View Full Version : Some thoughts

frequentfliertx
06-02-2007, 10:18 PM
I really don't know how Matt Schaub, who only played two NFL games (losing both times) will fare. Sage Rosenfelds, if he's still around looked prertty good last year. However, thinking back, I do believe that the Texans really fumbled the ball when they passed up on Vince Young. I mean, what was the Texans management thinking when they blew that one???!!!!

P.S. Good luck in Carolina, David!!!

Hookem Horns
06-02-2007, 10:42 PM
I really don't know how Matt Schaub, who only played two NFL games (losing both times) will fare. Sage Rosenfelds, if he's still around looked prertty good last year. However, thinking back, I do believe that the Texans really fumbled the ball when they passed up on Vince Young. I mean, what was the Texans management thinking when they blew that one???!!!!

Well, I can't disagree with you about VY because I was one of the ones calling for the Texans to draft him. However they didn't so either move on and root for the team as they are or go root for someone else. No one knows how Schaub will fare however a lot of NFL people are high on him for some reason so hopefully there is good reason for that. BTW, Carolina is going to need the luck with Carr. I am wondering just how bad the Panthers line is going to look next season if Carr actually gets to play.

The Pencil Neck
06-02-2007, 10:57 PM

I don't know where to start with this. If you're a Carr fan, then go watch the Panthers. If you're a Young fan, go watch the Titans. If you're a Texans fan, stop whining about something you wanted a couple of years ago. Let it go already.

If you want to know more about Schaub, then ask. You're going to bag on a guy who had been projected as a 1st round draft pick but who hurt his shoulder his senior year and fell to the 3rd round. You're going to bag on a guy who was drafted to a team that already had The Face of the NFL with a 100 million dollar QB and then couldn't beat that guy out of his job? Schaub wasn't going to be the QB in Atlanta unless Vick melted down (like he's doing now.) A lot of Falcons fans and a lot of NFL experts considered Schaub the better QB of the two.

He started one game when he was a rookie and lost it. You're going to hold that against him? Then he started another game against the Patriots in his second year, played a great game (18/34 for 298 yards, 3 TD's, 0 INTs), had the lead late in the game, and then lost to Brady/Vinatieri at the very end... like so many other good teams have. This is a guy who has come in for relief of Vick and made the Falcon's "bad" receivers look good.

Last year, he came in for relief of Vick against the Eagles, who were fighting for their playoff lives, and went 15/21 for 175 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT in less than a half of play.

Why don't you bring up his career TD/INT ratio? 6 TD's and 6 INT's. BUT, 4 of those interceptions were thrown in his rookie season. The other two were thrown when he came in to a game and he was having to toss it around to try to win when everyone knew he was going to have to throw.

We're talking about a guy that was the most sought after RFA QB in the league for the past couple of years. And we got him. How can you be glum about that?

Out of Carr, Schaub, and Young, I think we ended up with the best QB.

Goldensilence
06-03-2007, 12:06 AM
I don't know where to start with this. If you're a Carr fan, then go watch the Panthers. If you're a Young fan, go watch the Titans. If you're a Texans fan, stop whining about something you wanted a couple of years ago. Let it go already.

If you want to know more about Schaub, then ask. You're going to bag on a guy who had been projected as a 1st round draft pick but who hurt his shoulder his senior year and fell to the 3rd round. You're going to bag on a guy who was drafted to a team that already had The Face of the NFL with a 100 million dollar QB and then couldn't beat that guy out of his job? Schaub wasn't going to be the QB in Atlanta unless Vick melted down (like he's doing now.) A lot of Falcons fans and a lot of NFL experts considered Schaub the better QB of the two.

He started one game when he was a rookie and lost it. You're going to hold that against him? Then he started another game against the Patriots in his second year, played a great game (18/34 for 298 yards, 3 TD's, 0 INTs), had the lead late in the game, and then lost to Brady/Vinatieri at the very end... like so many other good teams have. This is a guy who has come in for relief of Vick and made the Falcon's "bad" receivers look good.

Last year, he came in for relief of Vick against the Eagles, who were fighting for their playoff lives, and went 15/21 for 175 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT in less than a half of play.

Why don't you bring up his career TD/INT ratio? 6 TD's and 6 INT's. BUT, 4 of those interceptions were thrown in his rookie season. The other two were thrown when he came in to a game and he was having to toss it around to try to win when everyone knew he was going to have to throw.

We're talking about a guy that was the most sought after RFA QB in the league for the past couple of years. And we got him. How can you be glum about that?

Out of Carr, Schaub, and Young, I think we ended up with the best QB.

About the only other thing i can really add is the contract situation with David at the time. Vince at the time from my memory had said he would stay for his senoir year. Of course that was prior to the Championship game and he fled for the NFL. Another part is our ownder wanted desperately to win with David at the helm and I am sure Kubiak wanted the job badly and figured Carr came along with the territory for at least a year. I'm sure a part of him thought his skills and past experience as well could help David Salvage his career here.

Obviously that didn't happen. Chow and Fisher at the time prefered Leinart from what i heard but Reese Chose Vince. Many of the gurus at the time thought he was too raw...some still argue he is...i tend to think he's still pretty raw. The only way he got boosted into the lineup was for some reason the Titans thought Kerry Collins could come in and go for a year and let Vince sit. Volek demanded a trade, Collins sucked, and the Titans deceided what the hey why not put him in and let him get experience, floudnered at first then with help made a good run, with some luck, at the playoffs.

Remains to see what'll happen this next season with a little improved defense and an offense that was gutted. Oh yeah the Madden Cover too.

TexanSam
06-03-2007, 12:40 AM
:potkettle:

Maddict5
06-03-2007, 03:35 AM

[positive spin]
id just like to add the bad game he had as a rookie wasnt helped by the fact the falcs had already clinched the playoffs so rested vick, crumpler and duckett (when he was good for them) so the team mightn't have exactly been playing 100% and were playing away against the saints who were on the playoff bubble [/positive spin]

whiskeyrbl
06-03-2007, 06:24 AM
I like the fact that after all the debate, draft , and dust of the last two years is settling in that we have Schaub. As mentioned above we have the better QB of the 3 (IMO) . Listen to the interview on 790, from Friday(will put link at bottom) you will hear words and phrases never heard by our previous signal caller. Houston we have us a REAL QB now.

http://www.790kbme.com/main.html
look in the podcast

Texanmike02
06-03-2007, 08:01 AM

First of all on Sage... Two other teams have decided he can't be a starter. He doesn't have the accuracy or the arm to be one in the NFL. He's a nails kinda guy who will get you through if your guy goes down.. but he doesn't have enough talent to be our starter. That Titans game last year, the receivers did a hell of a job catching passes that were off target. I think he's a great leader, but unfortunately that alone won't win football games.

On Young, He had a nice rookie year. I don't know how his 2nd year and career will turn out though. He is really a pretty bad passer. I'm not saying he's Mike Vick yet (certainly not from a character standpoint) but lets just say their games are similar. I know he's taller and all, but he's just not as good of a passer even as Vick right now. He may get is game together, but who was the last "run first" QB to win a SB? I remember what a media darling Randel Cunningham was... but that never worked out... then we had Steve Mcnair... he's probably the closest thing to a run first QB that won a superbowl. Defenses will adjust.. coordinators will realize they don't need as much coverage and start spying him with a LB or a DB. I'm not saying he's doomed for failure but when he goes against a good defense... especially one like the tampa-2 with fast LB's he's going to get in trouble if he doesn't figure out how that arm works.

On Schaubb... Thank god we got him before they found dog's on the Vick property. Right about now there would be no compensation package that would pull him away from those dirty birds. There is a reason that 99% of the NFL scouting departments love this kid. He has that "leadership" you seek. He can make the throws.. and he has pocket awareness. Don't look at his handful of games and judge him. There is a reason Atlanta was trying to get him in at QB even with Vick on the field. When he's played significant time... he's looked good and unlike Sage... he hasn't proven he can't be a starter. And as people have already mentioned.. he has basically run a variation of the west coast offense for the last 7 years all the way back to H.S. Maybe he flops.. that's possible but of the guys that were available... he certainly seems to have the best shot at being a legit NFL QB to me. Young may have more "upside" but his downside is also pretty steep.

Mike

the wonger need food
06-03-2007, 10:57 AM
Wow... what a great contribution to the board. A very original and well thought out thread you started here....

The Pencil Neck
06-03-2007, 01:41 PM
then we had Steve Mcnair... he's probably the closest thing to a run first QB that won a superbowl.

When did that happen?

the wonger need food
06-03-2007, 02:43 PM
Hey, I'm sold... We have an untested, unprotected QB who was projected to be a 1st round pick. He seems to have a hard time just moving to his new home even with the help of his girlfriend. Now the band is marching to the song of We are the champions when he hasn't had his first game under his belt. But this board has crowned him King, and I say what? King of What... a defense with most of the talent chosen at the expense of the offensive team. Add to this, just who are we the old Bronco's or the new Packers or the Under 500 Texans. Led by a 2nd year H/C who seems to have tendency to say what fans want to hear, instead of what his plans are to give us a stronger team.

Hey Caddy, I know where you can find some people that love Davie Carr almost as much as you... http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum

Kubiak could put Aaron Brooks behind center and it would make us happy after having to stomach watching the afterbirth of what was once possibly an average NFL quarterback known as Dave Carr. It got to the point last year where seeing that dude take the field made me physically sick.

ATX
06-03-2007, 02:48 PM

We fumbled it away by drafting DC as our 1st pick in team history. With that said, I believe this is the most overplayed thread ever. I'm sick and tired about hearing about VY. Like someone else said, if you want to be a Carr fan watch the Panthers, if you want to be a VY fan, go watch the Titans. I'm gonna watch the TEXANS and I will support Schaub until he stinks it up, just like DC, and just like any other Texan.

The Pencil Neck
06-03-2007, 02:54 PM
Hey, I'm sold... We have an untested, unprotected QB who was projected to be a 1st round pick. He seems to have a hard time just moving to his new home even with the help of his girlfriend. Now the band is marching to the song of We are the champions when he hasn't had his first game under his belt. But this board has crowned him King, and I say what? King of What... a defense with most of the talent chosen at the expense of the offensive team. Add to this, just who are we the old Bronco's or the new Packers or the Under 500 Texans. Led by a 2nd year H/C who seems to have tendency to say what fans want to hear, instead of what his plans are to give us a stronger team.

Let me make sure I have this straight:

1. Schaub is unproven.
2. Our o-line is bad.
3. Schaub has mobility issues.
4. Everyone on this board is happy to have him here.
5. Our defense has most of the talent on the team.
6. You don't know what this team is.
7. Our 2nd year HC is saying things that people want to hear and not telling people what he's going to do to make things stronger.

Is that all your points?

1. Not much I can say to this. Do you consider Carr a proven QB? Who would you have preferred to be our QB other than Schaub?
2. Our offensive line isn't as bad as you think. And apparently, our FO doesn't think it's as bad as you think, either. If they thought the problem with our protection was the line, they would have made moves to fix it.
3. No, he doesn't.
4. Most of us are feeling very hopeful and that our QB position is seriously upgraded.
5. Why is that a bad thing?
6. OK. We'll find out soon enough.
7. You can tell just from the moves that have been made exactly what Kubiak saw as the problems and weaknesses of this team. What more do you want him to do? Come to your house and show you the game film that led him to that conclusion? After a season of working with your boy Carr and seeing exactly what he was capable of, Kubiak decided that Carr was the problem. You don't think that Kubiak is improving our team? You don't think going from 2-14 to 6-10 isn't an improvement? You don't think he wasn't coaching his butt off to get us 2 victories even though our QB couldn't throw for more than 100 yards.

Ckw
06-03-2007, 03:11 PM
2 edits to the above post.

1. Of course he would prefer other QBs to David Carr. I mean Tom Brady would be a fantastic pickup. As far as realistic picks, I don't think he has any. David Carr? Patrick Ramsey? Man I'm getting the jollies just thinking about those two guys running our offense...

7. I don't think it was that Carr couldn't throw for 100 yards. It was that he couldn't get it into the end zone even if his life depened on it. I mean a guy can drive the ball down the field all he wants but if he can't get it into the area that matters the most, the end zone, then he is a failure at the quarterback position.

The Pencil Neck
06-03-2007, 04:51 PM
2 edits to the above post.

7. I don't think it was that Carr couldn't throw for 100 yards. It was that he couldn't get it into the end zone even if his life depened on it. I mean a guy can drive the ball down the field all he wants but if he can't get it into the area that matters the most, the end zone, then he is a failure at the quarterback position.

In the Raiders game, Carr threw for a net of -5 yards. We won that. In the Browns game, Carr threw for a net of 83 yards. We won. That's two games that we won where Carr didn't throw for 100 yards. That's what I was talking about.

Now, the fact that he had 2 TD's in the entire last half of the season is a totally different issue.

Maddict5
06-03-2007, 04:52 PM
Led by a 2nd year H/C who seems to have tendency to say what fans want to hear, instead of what his plans are to give us a stronger team.

so kubiak just makes decisions that please the fans and not to strengthen his philosophy on how to be a winning team?? Mario anyone?:d:

seriously old man, some of us have different expectations of schaub but EVERYONE is pretty certain that he'll be better than carr..do you think theres really no reason for that other than that we're all 'haters'??:heart:

the wonger need food
06-03-2007, 04:57 PM
Wronger... I usually don't read you stuff, but tried your link anyway... what a joke why would you chase after Carr just to do a hatchet job on him. Sorry but after reading two posts by you slamming him was way over the top. I'm glad your posting on their board, enjoy your bashing. As for my self, I couldn't get past your second post without hitting close.

I have never slammed Carr, just stated the basic facts about him. The truth hurts sometimes... especially when the guy that you worship is a loser.

Double Barrel
06-03-2007, 07:09 PM
Well, what do you know, our first official Schaub hater. Every forum needs one.

caddy needs the NFL Ticket on DirectTV so he can watch all the Carolina games, and hopefully the object of his affection will get to actually start a game this year. But I bet he still looks good and has a lot of fun holding a clipboard, so he's always got that.

frequentfliertx
06-03-2007, 07:51 PM
Actually, it doesn't matter who is behind center. If you don't have a decent OL then the QB will not be able to perform, no matter who he is. I don't think that DC had a decent OL in front of him.

Bull Pen 1
06-03-2007, 08:16 PM
Actually, it doesn't matter who is behind center. If you don't have a decent OL then the QB will not be able to perform, no matter who he is. I don't think that DC had a decent OL in front of him.

Don't be suprise if our O-Line is magically fixed now Carr is gone.

Heath Shuler
06-03-2007, 08:22 PM
Well, what do you know, our first official Schaub hater. Every forum needs one.

caddy needs the NFL Ticket on DirectTV so he can watch all the Carolina games, and hopefully the object of his affection will get to actually start a game this year. But I bet he still looks good and has a lot of fun holding a clipboard, so he's always got that.

And isnít that all that really matters any way?

PS, check it out frequent:
http://www.panthers.com/Gameday/Schedule.aspx?id=624

ATX
06-03-2007, 08:29 PM

I'll buy that for the 1st 3-4 years, but last year DC had a decent Oline in front of him. There's a story on the front page of this website that goes into detail about it. You know what DC's biggest problem was? He never burned any team when they rushed or blitzed him. If he could have done that a few times, those teams wouldn't have pinned their ears back and gone after him like they did.

The Pencil Neck
06-03-2007, 08:43 PM

This is where we disagree. I think there's a lot of evidence out there that the OL was totally OK. Not great. But OK. There have been a couple of tape breakdowns done on NFLN and ESPN showing Carr misreading, Carr not seeing open receivers, Carr panicking and getting sacked.

You could put Carr behind a good OL with a good RB with good WR's and it wouldn't matter. He's like Rob Johnson, he would still get sacked. He'd still throw nothing but dump off passes. He still wouldn't be able to read a defense. He still wouldn't be able to see open receivers. He still would have a bunch of balls batted down.

What I expect to see this year is that we will have less sacks, more yards per attempt, more total yards, less balls batted down, and more touchdowns.

Almost every week, Kubiak talked about the yards that were available that we didn't get. Some of us here saw the same things. When analysts actually take the time to look at our game film instead of jumping to the conclusion that this line is the 2002 line, then they see the same thing. Our O-Line was not the problem last year.

A lot of teams gave up more sacks than we did. And most of them got more yards and more touchdowns than we did.

Pantherstang84
06-03-2007, 08:54 PM
Hey Caddy, I know where you can find some people that love Davie Carr almost as much as you... http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum

Kubiak could put Aaron Brooks behind center and it would make us happy after having to stomach watching the afterbirth of what was once possibly an average NFL quarterback known as Dave Carr. It got to the point last year where seeing that dude take the field made me physically sick.

There is some great reading on that board. Hats off to you Wonger for your John the Baptist act with the Carolina faithful. They don't want to hear it though and that's ok. They will find out sooner or later.

Double Barrel
06-03-2007, 08:57 PM

That's not necessarily true.

Signed,

Tony Romo & Vince Young

And isnít that all that really matters any way?

To certain players, apparently so. :hmmm:

real
06-03-2007, 09:51 PM
And the debate rages on.

beerlover
06-03-2007, 10:02 PM
the season can't get here quick enough :shades:

ATX
06-03-2007, 10:15 PM
3 months!!!

Double Barrel
06-03-2007, 10:33 PM
I look at the 'season' starting when training camp begins. Which is basically next month. :redtowel:

barrett
06-04-2007, 02:03 AM
Me too.

ATX
06-04-2007, 02:51 AM
I look at the 'season' starting when training camp begins. Which is basically next month. :redtowel:

Well yeah.....I was just trying to be official.:texflag: Definitely my most anticipated season ever.:fans:

Texanmike02
06-04-2007, 04:38 AM
When did that happen?

That was worded wrong.. should read something along the lines of the closest running qb to winning a SB. Sorry

Mike

Texans Horror
06-04-2007, 09:32 AM
The Texans line was not bad, y'all. People like to make out like they were the worst line last year. They weren't. They were the ninth worst. That leaves only 23 teams in the league (about two-thirds of the league) that had better lines than them, and eight that did much worse...!

Once Matt is behind Center, the Texans won't need Flanagan. They'll only allow 20 or less sacks this year, which would make the Texans one of the top 4 lines in the NFL. And yes, that's assuming Big Nasty isn't available and that the line is bolstered by the stalwarts Black/Salaam at LT.

OzzO
06-04-2007, 09:36 AM

Bleh. I checked out that site and read one Carr thread. That was enough for me, reminded me of the Carr threads we used to (still have) around here. Kudos to Grid for his post (http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/carolina-panthers/51392-q-carr-3.html#post969415) which I thought was pretty unbiased. But then Carr8<33 (and the rest of his lengthy screen name) to just come back on a pile on Grid... phew. I think earlier in that thread someone asked Carr8 (18 from Texas) if he was a Carr fan, Panther fan, or converted Texans fan. I think Carr8 has a familiar posting style that we all knew and loved around here under a different name.

Double Barrel
06-04-2007, 10:08 AM
Well yeah.....I was just trying to be official. :texflag: Definitely my most anticipated season ever. :fans:

yah, that's just too long away! I'm excited about the prospect of having fresh Texans news daily, so TC is always much anticipated. :redtowel:

At first when you gave bad prep... I figured you were just uninformed. Calling me a Troll.

Hey, if the shoe fits...

the wonger need food
06-04-2007, 10:23 AM
At first when you gave bad prep... I figured you were just uninformed. Calling me a Troll. But when I see your post promoting Wronger who went to that site to become a full blown troll. ( See Carr Q & A ) 12 posts spewing hate with untruths. Work habits and claims that his fellow teammates had lost respect for him. I realize you have no creditability.

Carr Daddy, we all figure that you're just uninformed all the time. You're not a troll, you just let your man-love get in the way of reality. If you don't know about your hero's lack of work habits and that his teammates had no respect for him then you are very much uninformed.

Why don't you reference one positive thing said about Dave by his teammates (other than Steve McKinney who Dave apparantly had a "special" relationship with) after he left.

cuppacoffee
06-04-2007, 11:17 AM
I have never slammed Carr, just stated the basic facts about him. The truth hurts sometimes... especially when the guy that you worship is a loser.

Really?.. :hmmm:

From your previous post in this same thread.

"having to stomach watching the afterbirth of what was once possibly an average NFL quarterback known as Dave Carr. It got to the point last year where seeing that dude take the field made me physically sick."

Obviously you must not preview your own posts before hitting the "submit reply" button.

:coffee:

HoustonFrog
06-04-2007, 11:21 AM
I'm assuming this thread was started out of pure boredome and to see people get the antlers up again. I'm ecstatic where we are right now. The change was needed. That's about that.

The Pencil Neck
06-04-2007, 11:25 AM

"having to stomach watching the afterbirth of what was once possibly an average NFL quarterback known as Dave Carr. It got to the point last year where seeing that dude take the field made me physically sick."

Obviously you must not preview your own posts before hitting the "submit reply" button.

He was saying that he hadn't slammed Carr over on the thread on the Panthers board that they were talking about. Not that he hadn't ever slammed him OR that he hadn't slammed him in this thread.

I'm not sure if it's true that he doesn't slam Carr over on the Panthers board but this particular quote doesn't make what he said untrue.

the wonger need food
06-04-2007, 11:57 AM

I actually puked during the New England game, so that is just fact.

cuppacoffee
06-04-2007, 12:46 PM
I actually puked during the New England game, so that is just fact.

Avoid the nachos.

eriadoc
06-04-2007, 01:07 PM
I'm not sure which is worse - still posting in defense of Carr on this board, or posting blasts against him on the Panthers board. Both are pretty sad.

cuppacoffee
06-04-2007, 01:34 PM
I'm not sure which is worse - still posting in defense of Carr on this board, or posting blasts against him on the Panthers board. Both are pretty sad.

I agree.

The last 1000 posts I have made defending Carr has been against the personal attacks on him. I haven't defended his play for probably over a year now. Not sure about that, but it has been awhile.

I have really made a serious attempt to refrain from replying to the "spewage" against him. Occasionally I backslide. I need to quit.

I don't understand a persons need to blast someone on another teams message board. Cheesy way to make someone feel better about themself I suppose.

I very seldom read other pro teams message boards, I post on them even less seldom.

I did go to one of the Browns sites and supported the drafting of Brady Quinn though. :D

the wonger need food
06-04-2007, 01:42 PM
It all started innocently enough. I was looking for info. on Dwayne Jarrett for fantasy football purposes and ran into the Carr Q&A article. I just wanted to warn them about what they were in for.

If it makes you guys feel any better they suspended my account. I didn't use foul language or attack anyone personally, they just didn't want to hear facts or stats that made Carr look bad. It's just like the old HT.com message board before last season.

Double Barrel
06-04-2007, 02:24 PM
If it makes you guys feel any better they suspended my account. I didn't use foul language or attack anyone personally, they just didn't want to hear facts or stats that made Carr look bad. It's just like the old HT.com message board before last season.

What a joke of a forum. Banned you for posting opinion and evidence-supported fact, all the while they've got rampant "F-bombs" and nude chick avatars. Nice place they've got there...not. :loser

It is kinda' funny, though, that they can't figure out all the hostility towards their backup QB. You sort of hit them from left field with that one.

That Carr8<Grossmanwhatever has got to be Hulkiebaby, though. No way does a fan of a backup QB have that much emotional investment without some history.

Honoring Earl 34
06-04-2007, 02:27 PM
What a joke of a forum. Banned you for posting opinion and evidence-supported fact, all the while they've got rampant "F-bombs" and nude chick avatars. Nice place they've got there...not. :loser

It is kinda' funny, though, that they can't figure out all the hostility towards their backup QB. You sort of hit them from left field with that one.

That Carr8<Grossmanwhatever has got to be Hulkiebaby, though. No way does a fan of a backup QB have that much emotional investment without some history.

I don't know if Hulk would join a site with R rated pictures .

HOU-TEX
06-04-2007, 03:03 PM

I initially thought this as well, but after reading his posts he seems a little more reader friendly (grammer) than our buddy Hulk. Given his age is only 18, it's a possibility he could be Derek Carr. I think Derek is younger than that though. Who knows? Might just be another Carr fan.

Second Honeymoon
06-04-2007, 03:27 PM
I love this forum and it's getting better every day around here.

the official site seems to be running on a Commodore64 half the time and the interface/authoring interface is cumbersome. pop-up applets suck 99% of the time anyway...way too unstable..this site just owns it in performance and quality of posts/fans. less is more.

very little trolling, SFW content even with image posting, and quality yet not intrusive moderating. good stuff....oh and the Carr-related posts have becoming more and more infrequent every day. page is just about turned and the season can't get here fast enough.

frequentfliertx
06-04-2007, 04:47 PM
Nude chick avators????...........hmmmmm..........maybe we should have that here. :cool:

Ckw
06-04-2007, 04:49 PM
In the Raiders game, Carr threw for a net of -5 yards. We won that. In the Browns game, Carr threw for a net of 83 yards. We won. That's two games that we won where Carr didn't throw for 100 yards. That's what I was talking about.

Now, the fact that he had 2 TD's in the entire last half of the season is a totally different issue.

Touche

Ckw
06-04-2007, 04:51 PM

Yet can the same logic be used the other way around? Will an offensive line look very good if a crappy quarterback is sitting behind center?

infantrycak
06-04-2007, 04:53 PM
nude chick avatars.

Hey now--they were painted--that's enough clothing in my mind. :fans:

HOU-TEX
06-04-2007, 04:58 PM

Very nicely painted. Just thought I'd point that out.:doot:

Double Barrel
06-04-2007, 05:59 PM

I'm not complaining. :D

But in a forum atmosphere, if the rules are 'anything goes', then anything should go...including ragging on the backup QB by his former team's fans. :shades:

They seem to have very selective sensitivity over there is all I'm sayin'.

The Pencil Neck
06-04-2007, 06:08 PM
I'm not complaining. :D

But in a forum atmosphere, if the rules are 'anything goes', then anything should go...including ragging on the backup QB by his former team's fans. :shades:

They seem to have very selective sensitivity over there is all I'm sayin'.

I was once in a mailing list that split off from another list that some people felt was too closely moderated* and billed itself as "the BAD list". So, I got into an argument with some of them thinking that free argument was part of the point of the list. One of the guys I was arguing with told me, "You better watch it. You're getting close to the edge."

My response of course was something to the effect of,"You call this the BAD list and you're going to ban someone who disagrees with you?! How chicken****! You, sir, are a *****."

And he banned me.

Sounds like this Panthers forum is the same kinda deal.

* The original list had started off pretty rough and tumble but as it got more and more popular, there started to be a lot of kids and the moderators were sensitive to that.