PDA

View Full Version : AirTran chooses not to renew Michael Vick contract

Koolaid Time
05-31-2007, 11:12 PM
Airtran cut its ties with Mike Vick... Can't say that I blame them.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-vick-airtran&prov=ap&type=lgns

I was in Atlanta last week, and his mug is all over Hartsfield-Jackson Airport by the AirTran ticket counter, along with Danica Patrick.

I flew AirTran ONCE. Never Again. If I ever flew on "Aeroflot" or "Air Kazakastan" I'm sure it would be comparable to AirTran. I'll gladly pay the usual $45.00 difference to fly Delta from Houston to Atlanta.

But Mike Vick and AirTran in many ways seem to make a good fit..

edo783
06-01-2007, 02:40 AM
I like how they say "We have chosen to go another direction". I expect that would be as far and as fast away from Vick as they can as soon as they can. I expect his endorsment deals will/are drying up pretty quickly.

TD
06-01-2007, 07:10 AM
I smell a train wreck in Atlanta this year. Too bad, I'm a big fan of the owner here...he deserves better.

Koolaid Time
06-01-2007, 07:49 AM
I smell a train wreck in Atlanta this year. Too bad, I'm a big fan of the owner here...he deserves better.

You been to a Home Depot lately? Can't find anyone that knows anything. "Customer Service" is a joke. Perhaps this is "Bad Karma" coming his way for years of abusing customers.

Blank for his credit did read Vick the "Riot Act" but that is not enough. Vick should have been gone from the Falcons after flipping off the crowd last year.

While Blank has done alot for people in Atlanta, I don't feel sorry for him. If Vick was this much of a thug back in college as the reports now indicate, Blank should have done his homework back then.

Vick has "Oakland Raiders" written all over him- after he gets out of prison.

Texan_Bill
06-01-2007, 07:59 AM

:thumbup

feebleminded
06-01-2007, 08:05 AM
While Blank has done alot for people in Atlanta, I don't feel sorry for him. If Vick was this much of a thug back in college as the reports now indicate, Blank should have done his homework back then.

Didnt he buy the team after Vick was drafted?

Koolaid Time
06-01-2007, 09:23 AM
Didnt he buy the team after Vick was drafted?

Yea.. he did. I thought he bought them right before. Anyway, the GM and Coach AT THE TIME should have done their homework.

Maybe they did. But the "thug" aspect gets overlooked if he can fill seats in the Georgia Dome.

StarStruck
06-01-2007, 05:26 PM
Airtran cut its ties with Mike Vick... Can't say that I blame them.

Airtran should have first hand knowledge about the perils of a damaged reputation. Perhaps Vick should consider a name change.

Koolaid Time
06-03-2007, 08:26 AM
Airtran should have first hand knowledge about the perils of a damaged reputation. Perhaps Vick should consider a name change.

After that crash in the Everglades, ValueJet HAD to change its name. They couldn't change their name to "DeathJet" so it became "AirTran"...

Vick could become a rapper after he gets out of prison and change his name to "Big Bow-Wow" to honor his Dog Fighting interests.

gg no re
06-03-2007, 10:16 AM
I don't know, I think he should stick to his roots and go by Ron Mexico.

SheTexan
06-03-2007, 10:27 AM

Dallas Cowboys ya think??

StarStruck
06-03-2007, 04:05 PM
Dallas Cowboys ya think??

Romo could use a good back up to keep his skills in check.

Second Honeymoon
06-03-2007, 05:28 PM
Romo could use a good back up to keep his skills in check.

Romo judging on Miss America was horrific.
He is so 'Lawrence Welk' its just impossible to stomach.
He has that frozen televangelist smile its just eerie. The guy has about as much soul as a paperweight.

StarStruck
06-03-2007, 07:08 PM
Romo judging on Miss America was horrific.
He is so 'Lawrence Welk' its just impossible to stomach.
He has that frozen televangelist smile its just eerie. The guy has about as much soul as a paperweight.

Perhaps he's shy. He has had a huge lifesyle change in a very short period of time, and my limited knowledge has given me the impression that he is personable, engaging and certainly cares deeply about his contribution to the team.

I did watch the pageant, but I guess I was so caught up in the icy reception to Ms. U.S.A., I of all people did not give Romo much of my attention.