PDA

View Full Version : Lendale a no show

ReliantTexan
05-29-2007, 06:29 PM
http://forums.titansonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26541. this just keeps getting better and better.

Texan_Bill
05-29-2007, 06:41 PM
http://forums.titansonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26541. this just keeps getting better and better.

In recent news, LenDale White was seen closing down an All-U-Can-Eat establishment. It was reported by someone on the grounds of anynomity that he arrived at the restaraunt at approximately 11:20am and stayed until closing at 10:00pm. Sources close to the restaraunt stated that he ordered Diet Coke with his meal(s).

Errant Hothy
05-29-2007, 06:54 PM
So who thinks that LenDale got to the airport and they told him a had to buy an extra seat for his fat***, and he threw such a fit that they threw him out of the airport?

The only positive is that now LenDale gets to drive back to Possum Hollow, sampling America's best truck stops along the way...tasty!

Blazing Arrow
05-29-2007, 07:11 PM
So someone did find it.

Overalls
05-29-2007, 07:33 PM
That was some pick up there Blaze. No wonder Y'all reached on Henry.

Blazing Arrow
05-29-2007, 08:04 PM
That was some pick up there Blaze. No wonder Y'all reached on Henry.

I'm still willing to see how he plays in regular season but my hope is starting to fade with the state puff. At the end of round one I noticed a hunger in his eyes after not being selected; I am starting to think there was a Chili's commercial running in the backround.

TD
05-29-2007, 08:43 PM
Hmm...don't know why I don't put much stock in draft grades. LINK (http://www.draftstock.com/site_main/content/view/155/44/)

2006 Tennessee Titans Draft Grade

Day One Analysis: Can you make a bigger splash with two offensive players? I ultimately think Young was the wrong choice here but I canít argue with LenDale White.

Overall Grade: B+

Gotta admit I thought LenDale was a steal in the 2nd round, but could this guy have been more wrong?

2BCF
05-29-2007, 08:59 PM
I'll wait until he actually plays this season before I write his career obituary.

ReliantTexan
05-29-2007, 09:08 PM
I'm still willing to see how he plays in regular season but my hope is starting to fade with the state puff. At the end of round one I noticed a hunger in his eyes after not being selected; I am starting to think there was a Chili's commercial running in the backround.Well at least you have a proven back-up in Henry, Oh wait.

GuerillaBlack
05-29-2007, 09:53 PM
In recent news, LenDale White was seen closing down an All-U-Can-Eat establishment. It was reported by someone on the grounds of anynomity that he arrived at the restaraunt at approximately 11:20am and stayed until closing at 10:00pm. Sources close to the restaraunt stated that he ordered Diet Coke with his meal(s).

Haha, I would give you rep, but I have to spread it around first.

Blazing Arrow
05-29-2007, 10:50 PM
Well at least you have a proven back-up in Henry, Oh wait.

The only thing Dayne has proven is that he IS a bust. I will take potential over a given any day of the week.

Blazing Arrow
05-29-2007, 10:56 PM
I'll wait until he actually plays this season before I write his career obituary.

BINGO. Dislikes Carr wanted Young or Bush and now is looking at the upside of L-Dub. Are you sure you are not a Titans fan? idonno:

TexanExile
05-29-2007, 11:09 PM
The only thing Dayne has proven is that he IS a bust. I will take potential over a given any day of the week.

Man, I hope that "potential" comes out as more than 244 yards and 0 TDs this year...otherwise, LenWhale will go the way of Stacey Mack. But apparently the Titans FO believes they only need VY, so no big deal.

BTW, the Chili's/draft comment was hilarious.

ReliantTexan
05-29-2007, 11:10 PM
The only thing Dayne has proven is that he IS a bust. I will take potential over a given any day of the week.well it's a good thing he won't be starting for us,unlike henry will for ya'll once Lendale eats his way out of a job.

GuerillaBlack
05-29-2007, 11:15 PM

Dayne sure wasn't a bust last season when he WASN'T injured.

Blazing Arrow
05-30-2007, 01:19 AM
Dayne sure wasn't a bust last season when he WASN'T injured.

Yeah at a 4.1 YPC he was sending DC into a loop .... injured or not he has a 3.7 YPC average and he played behind one of the best O-lines in the NFL right now. His 3 seasons that he was not injured in NY 3.5 YPC.

You are going to have to do better to impress me then a guy who has broken the 700 platue 1 time in his 6 year career.

ReliantTexan
05-30-2007, 01:24 AM
Yeah at a 4.1 YPC he was sending DC into a loop .... injured or not he has a 3.7 YPC average and he played behind one of the best O-lines in the NFL right now. His 3 seasons that he was not injured in NY 3.5 YPC.

You are going to have to do better to impress me then a guy who has broken the 700 platue 1 time in his 6 year career.well he's more than good enough to be a back-up.Henry never even broke 800 yds at college.

Blazing Arrow
05-30-2007, 01:55 AM
well he's more than good enough to be a back-up.Henry never even broke 800 yds at college.

Can you tell me how many of your total yards in college count towards the NFL HOF, I forget?

GuerillaBlack
05-30-2007, 02:58 AM
Can you tell me how many of your total yards in college count towards the NFL HOF, I forget?

You don't think he is that good...do you?

Blazing Arrow
05-30-2007, 03:11 AM
You don't think he is that good...do you?

Not really sure. I try not to judge players off of 61 career caries.

Texan_Bill
05-30-2007, 02:12 PM

Maybe he was a bust for the New York Giants (although 770 yards as a rookie isn't too bad), but for the Texans - he wasn't... That was a hard pill for me to swallow, but at the end of the day, I was pleasantly suprised.

ReliantTexan
05-30-2007, 02:26 PM
Can you tell me how many of your total yards in college count towards the NFL HOF, I forget?O so what your sayin is that if he can't break 800 yds. in college, then he'll be able to do it in the NFL.Yeah I get that. :rolleyes:

Blazing Arrow
05-30-2007, 02:42 PM
O so what your sayin is that if he can't break 800 yds. in college, then he'll be able to do it in the NFL.Yeah I get that. :rolleyes:

No, what I said was "Can you tell me how many of your total yards in college count towards the NFL HOF, I forget?"

A simple question that desrves a simple answer. It is hard to call a guy a total failure when he has not even had a chance. Think David Carr. :gun:

ReliantTexan
05-30-2007, 03:09 PM
No, what I said was "Can you tell me how many of your total yards in college count towards the NFL HOF, I forget?"

A simple question that desrves a simple answer. It is hard to call a guy a total failure when he has not even had a chance. Think David Carr. :gun:David had more than enough chances to show what he could do and he did, he proved that he was a bust.His franchise put more talent around him than others did.think Vince Young

Texan_Bill
05-30-2007, 03:12 PM
Poor Arrow.... Quit guerilla posting!!!! Wrap up whatever has been keeping you off the boards and come in strong... This weak smack is very unbecoming of you... You're better than that....

By the way Arrow, it's going to be a long miserable season for the Titans and I think you are starting to realize it....

Corrosion
05-30-2007, 03:19 PM
I made this post about White on 4-19-06 ..... and got nailed with neg rep .

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=321578#post321578

All Ive got to say to that is .... Its 4th and 2 with the National Champoinship on the line ...And the guy got STUFFED ....

I dont want White , He's got a torn hammy .... (Joppru) ..... and I dont care for his work ethic one bit . You dont come to the combine or pro day over weight and out of shape , that is just pure ignorance . If the guy cant get it together for arguably the biggest day of his young life what makes you think he's gonna get it done every Sunday in the NFL ?

I think Ill stick to the above comment :texflag:

By the way I like the way the new board tells you who gives you rep now ....

Texan_Bill
05-30-2007, 03:33 PM
Negative rep for you re-hashing that..... j/k

On the old TT we got into pretty well with Arrow about White... Some funny stuff too.

Blazing Arrow
05-30-2007, 04:39 PM
Poor Arrow.... Quit guerilla posting!!!! Wrap up whatever has been keeping you off the boards and come in strong... This weak smack is very unbecoming of you... You're better than that....

By the way Arrow, it's going to be a long miserable season for the Titans and I think you are starting to realize it....

I really have nothing at this point positive to say about the guy. He gets lit up in the media for being over weight and what does he do? pulls a hammy and misses a practice. Not many people get a 95% chance they will start as a #1 RB. On top of that you hear rumors that Turner may go to the Titans and you still pack on the pounds? As I said in on of the other post I am not ready to abandon him completely but come on.

TB, the reference to being on the Texans and not having a chance was gold. If Carr plays well this season what will Texans fans think? I know what the media will say. "It was not the player it was the team."

Double Barrel
05-30-2007, 04:43 PM
If Carr plays well this season what will Texans fans think? I know what the media will say. "It was not the player it was the team."

Your "if" should be a lot bigger. Something like this:

IF Carr plays well this season what will Texans fans think?

:ok: I'd say more power to him

Corrosion
05-30-2007, 05:52 PM
How did this get turned into a DC thread !?!? :gun:

Blazing Arrow
05-30-2007, 06:41 PM
How did this get turned into a DC thread !?!? :gun:

What I am wondering is how he will still get sacks credited to the Texans O-line this season .....:d:

ReliantTexan
05-30-2007, 09:00 PM
What I am wondering is how he will still get sacks credited to the Texans O-line this season .....:d:Arrow just stop already,really, your just embarrassing yourself.

Specnatz
05-30-2007, 09:28 PM
What I am wondering is how he will still get sacks credited to the Texans O-line this season .....:d:

I am wondering who will throw to the receivers that the titans have since they have a running back trying to play QB.

PapaL
05-30-2007, 10:13 PM
How does he figure he wont show up and no one will notice he's not there? I mean seriously Lendale - come on now.

ReliantTexan
05-30-2007, 10:45 PM
I am wondering who will throw to the receivers that the titans have since they have a running back trying to play QB.Lol. What receivers?

Specnatz
05-30-2007, 10:54 PM
Lol. What receivers?

EXACTLY!!

Honoring Earl 34
05-30-2007, 10:57 PM
Titan fans tailgaiting .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esl2NNOtHQE

ReliantTexan
05-30-2007, 11:08 PM
EXACTLY!!wait I found them. http://www.thebrushback.com/receivers_full.htm

Blazing Arrow
05-30-2007, 11:10 PM
Arrow just stop already,really, your just embarrassing yourself.

OH I guess you are right ...... I should just go then?

:hides:

Blazing Arrow
05-30-2007, 11:15 PM
So I'll put you two down for the guy who has nothing to say so resorts to "hill billy", comments and his less amusing monkey. Personally the stick gets old after a while but get it out of your system.

While "y'all" are talking about hill-billies could you please explain this lady???

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/chronicle/4846075.html

I mean if we are going to generalize about a state what does this winner do for "y'all"?

Blazing Arrow
05-30-2007, 11:30 PM
The WR seem like a problem but we have young guys who can step up. None are proven but they also get there shot with Young at the helm. Gage has speed, if one of our WR hits even as a decent guy we are not to bad. Givins mid season as our #1, Jones #2, the rest can feed for the bottom few spots.

Chow uses his TE's allot. Dink and dunk down the field with a decent gain on the ground. Typical Fisher ball. It is more of a system but if there are stars it excels.

RB in LW is a concern but the o-line made Herny look good last season. He had huge holes even LW could fit through. Our new Henry has speed and is a good complement to LWs running style. If LW can not pound out yards or Henry can no find separation from the line we will struggle on O not matter who we have at WR.

I think we will improve dramatically on D. Yes we lost Pac and I am going out on a limb but Fat Albert is in a contract year and the coaches are talking him up in camp. I think he will push for his contract this season get us the AH we always wanted before looking for a ton of $$ else were. KVB will see less pressure along with the rest of the line which should give more opps.

Harper at #2 was a good add. He has experience that can help the young guys. He has practiced against Wayne and Harrison for his whole career. People are talking like he is a joke but he has played this division before.

Fowler took a penalty taking anchor out of our D in Sirmon. Just him not being on the field is an improvement. Hope with another season under him and Griffen at either S or CB. Would be nice to have a better DC but you make steps to the playoffs not leaps if you want to be consistent.

Specnatz
05-30-2007, 11:37 PM
The WR seem like a problem but we have young guys who can step up. None are proven but they also get there shot with Young at the helm. Gage has speed, if one of our WR hits even as a decent guy we are not to bad. Givins mid season as our #1, Jones #2, the rest can feed for the bottom few spots.

Chow uses his TE's allot. Dink and dunk down the field with a decent gain on the ground. Typical Fisher ball. It is more of a system but if there are stars it excels.

RB in LW is a concern but the o-line made Herny look good last season. He had huge holes even LW could fit through. Our new Henry has speed and is a good complement to LWs running style. If LW can not pound out yards or Henry can no find separation from the line we will struggle on O not matter who we have at WR.

I think we will improve dramatically on D. Yes we lost Pac and I am going out on a limb but Fat Albert is in a contract year and the coaches are talking him up in camp. I think he will push for his contract this season get us the AH we always wanted before looking for a ton of $$ else were. KVB will see less pressure along with the rest of the line which should give more opps.

Harper at #2 was a good add. He has experience that can help the young guys. He has practiced against Wayne and Harrison for his whole career. People are talking like he is a joke but he has played this division before.

Fowler took a penalty taking anchor out of our D in Sirmon. Just him not being on the field is an improvement. Hope with another season under him and Griffen at either S or CB. Would be nice to have a better DC but you make steps to the playoffs not leaps if you want to be consistent.

Heck Brady found that guy a lot while he was there but vy could not find him, that says all you need to know about your wr corps.

It is not them.

Blazing Arrow
05-30-2007, 11:56 PM
Young could not find a guy riding the pine .... ?

THe guy played in 5 games ...

Hey guess what the sky is blue ...:whip:

UTVinceYoung
06-09-2007, 11:04 PM
"Everybody else managed to make it back," (an obviously pissed) Titans coach Jeff Fisher said. "He didn't, so I don't know, I guess he had things that are more important to him than what we're doing. I would assume he would be back at some point today."

EDIT:

"Everybody else managed to make it back," (an obviously pissed) Titans coach Jeff Fisher said. "He didn't, so I don't know, I guess he had things that are more important to him than what we're doing. Last time I saw him he was at Shoneys, in line for the All You Can Eat Buffet."

Texan_Bill
06-11-2007, 01:43 PM
So I'll put you two down for the guy who has nothing to say so resorts to "hill billy", comments and his less amusing monkey. Personally the stick gets old after a while but get it out of your system.

While "y'all" are talking about hill-billies could you please explain this lady???

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/chronicle/4846075.html

I mean if we are going to generalize about a state what does this winner do for "y'all"?

Explanation:
Hudson Oaks is between Dallas and Fort Worth... Many of us here, don't claim that area as a part of our state...

Silver Oak
06-11-2007, 02:04 PM
I think BA either needs a geography lesson or an internet tutorial.

Blazing Arrow
06-11-2007, 02:13 PM
Explanation:
Hudson Oaks is between Dallas and Fort Worth... Many of us here, don't claim that area as a part of our state...

I forget are the Texans located in Texans? The smack would have worked for either Texan or Cowboy fans. Yet another similarity :hmmm:

Texan_Bill
06-11-2007, 03:02 PM
I forget are the Texans located in Texans? The smack would have worked for either Texan or Cowboy fans. Yet another similarity :hmmm:

About as much in common as SoCal v. NoCal....

Overalls
06-11-2007, 06:05 PM

Dallas is Southern Oklahoma

gg no re
06-11-2007, 06:36 PM
Titans are fictional creatures.

Blazing Arrow
06-11-2007, 09:15 PM
Titans are fictional creatures.

Like Texans winning seasons. :whip:

Silver Oak
06-11-2007, 09:57 PM

and vy's double digit Wonderlic score. :whip:

Immobilarity
06-11-2007, 10:03 PM
I thought VY retested and scored double-digits on his Wonderlic?

Blazing Arrow
06-11-2007, 10:42 PM
I thought VY retested and scored double-digits on his Wonderlic?

HIs first test was graded with the wrong answer key. Later he was retested and got a 16. Leftwich has a 14 in comparison.

Immobilarity
06-11-2007, 10:48 PM
HIs first test was graded with the wrong answer key. Later he was retested and got a 16. Leftwich has a 14 in comparison.Ah, that's what I thought.

Specnatz
06-11-2007, 11:21 PM
HIs first test was graded with the wrong answer key. Later he was retested and got a 16. Leftwich has a 14 in comparison.

Are you bragging about a 16?

Now that is rich. :doot:

Immobilarity
06-11-2007, 11:35 PM
Are you bragging about a 16?

Now that is rich. :doot:I wouldn't be gloating over that 16 too much, unless we want to be reminded of 2-0.

infantrycak
06-11-2007, 11:46 PM

That was never reported as an official explanation. Frankly I don't care because he is fine in that department regardless of the score, but that is making stuff up unless you have a cite.

Blazing Arrow
06-12-2007, 01:58 AM
That was never reported as an official explanation. Frankly I don't care because he is fine in that department regardless of the score, but that is making stuff up unless you have a cite.

Is USA Today a good enough source?

:rolleyes:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/draft/2006-03-01-young-wonderlic_x.htm

The NFL did its best to silence talk about Young's test. Combine officials said the score of 6 was inaccurate. Titans GM Floyd Reese said he'd heard the first test had been administered or graded incorrectly. Texans GM Charley Casserly also disputed Young's score Sunday, saying it was inaccurate.

Young took the test again ó on Sunday ó and made a 16.

The Pencil Neck
06-12-2007, 02:59 AM
Dallas is Southern Oklahoma

Like my momma always told me, if it's north of Conroe, it's at least part-Yankee.

<looking around>

Unfortunately.

Texan_Bill
06-12-2007, 08:42 AM

Possibly -or- thus far, but back to topic... Titans are fictional inbred creatures, from Uranus.

Silver Oak
06-12-2007, 12:01 PM
there you have it! Casserly is a source for the story....it must be 100% accurate then! :sarcasm:

Texan_Bill
06-15-2007, 11:24 AM
Are you suggesting that Casserly is wrong about something?!? :pigfly: