PDA

View Full Version : Charles Spencer

MissouriTexan
05-28-2007, 10:35 PM
Any updates on his condition? And will he fully recover from this, or will his play always be somewhat hampered? I'm not asking anyone to predict the future, but opinions are always nice.

Honoring Earl 34
05-28-2007, 10:53 PM
Any updates on his condition? And will he fully recover from this, or will his play always be somewhat hampered? I'm not asking anyone to predict the future, but opinions are always nice.

He plans to be in training camp .

TheRealJoker
05-29-2007, 12:00 AM
At this point, we wont know for sure what he can do until he puts on the pads imo

badboy
05-29-2007, 03:56 PM
At this point, we wont know for sure what he can do until he puts on the pads imoI am cautiously optimistic he will play some, just not sure when or how much. He did not play much his first season but when he did, coupled with how bad I wanted him to look good, my hopes soared like an eagle. Whoops. I can't stand the Eagles. Well, wait I like the singing group, oh never mind.

real
05-29-2007, 04:06 PM
On 790 they were supposed to give an update on C.Spence....anyone catch it ?

awtysst
05-30-2007, 08:49 PM
On 790 they were supposed to give an update on C.Spence....anyone catch it ?

Did anyone catch it?

threetoedpete
06-02-2007, 01:39 PM
i dunno. My guess is that we won't see him untill October. If he was my franchise OLT, the very last thing I would do is rush him back. I.R. ing him out of camp gives him an extra six weeks. We also have a bye week in there somewhere for a transition period. If he's goining to get back at all we should know by mid October. Either he's going to make it back or he's not. We'll have a difinative answer by October...just my guess.

TK_Gamer
06-02-2007, 03:29 PM
i dunno. My guess is that we won't see him untill October. If he was my franchise OLT, the very last thing I would do is rush him back. I.R. ing him out of camp gives him an extra six weeks. We also have a bye week in there somewhere for a transition period. If he's goining to get back at all we should know by mid October. Either he's going to make it back or he's not. We'll have a difinative answer by October...just my guess.

I dont see an IR in his future, he is 2nd year so should be eligible for pup list at the worst, unless ofcourse the PR has all been smoke and mirrors, then it's anyones guess. I hate the offseason.

real
06-02-2007, 03:37 PM
I think if Spencer is ready by pre-season they play him...

I don't see PUP or IR being a good solution in this case...

We're talking about a player with less than 50 NFL snaps under his belt...He's still a rookie basically...

If he's cleared to play he needs as much live action as he can get...

Texans Horror
06-03-2007, 07:37 PM
I think if Spencer is ready by pre-season they play him...

I don't see PUP or IR being a good solution in this case...

We're talking about a player with less than 50 NFL snaps under his belt...He's still a rookie basically...

If he's cleared to play he needs as much live action as he can get...

On the one hand, the recovery shouldn't be rushed, and the Texans have two capable back-ups in Salaam and Black. On the other hand, the Texans have agreed to wait for a player to recover (DD) and that only hindered them. I think this is why the Texans took Frye. Even if the injury is career-ending, then they have a guy that can compete in a year or two when Salaam/Black has worn out.