PDA

View Full Version : I met Vince Young

gtexan02
05-28-2007, 02:34 PM
So not sure if this is newsworthy, but since its Houston and since its the offseason, I thought what the heck.

Anyway, I was out shopping for some jewelry, and happened to notice Vince Young at the same store I go to. I said hello, he said hi back. I didn't really know what to tell him, so I told him I admired his play last year and wish he had been in Houston. He said "Me too."

Nice guy, but pretty quiet. I bet he gets bugged a lot

Tulip
05-28-2007, 09:06 PM
Thanks for posting about your encounter with Vince.

Sounds like he'll be back at Reliant this year determined to prove himself to Bob McNair - again.

Porky
05-29-2007, 08:13 AM
Should have asked him to make it rain. :pirate:

real
05-29-2007, 08:45 AM

I can make it hail--I have all kinds of loose change...

mexican_texan
05-29-2007, 09:04 AM
I can make it hail--I have all kinds of loose change...
I can make it snow--I have all kinds of lint...

NitroGSXR
05-29-2007, 09:30 AM
So not sure if this is newsworthy, but since its Houston and since its the offseason, I thought what the heck.

Anyway, I was out shopping for some jewelry, and happened to notice Vince Young at the same store I go to. I said hello, he said hi back. I didn't really know what to tell him, so I told him I admired his play last year and wish he had been in Houston. He said "Me too."

I met him once too. I like to share my stories here and there too. Last summer, he came to Sky which is now defunct and has changed to TOC bar on Travis and Franklin. I'm a valet supervisor with R&R Partnership.

Vince Young came in for some sort of event. We parked his brand new Escalade which had been painted Titans Blue and the leather seats had VY with the number 10 overlapping it stitched into the headrest as well as his floor mats. It was beautifully done.

Now I park these type of customers' cars all the time but what impressed me the most about Vince that night was the fact that he had come in at 8pm and a good six hours later at 2am, he walked out sober and still had a hearty smile embedded in his face all the while catering to all the drunk people clamoring around him.

He instisted that he be addressed as Vince, not Mr. Young. He tipped us a cool hundred. A very nice and personable guy! We loved having him as a customer and hope to have him again.

He understands that he's the enemy now though! Sorry, Vince.

:texan:

gwallaia
05-29-2007, 09:38 AM

Ummm. Porky it did rain. Never doubt VY again.

Hookem Horns
05-29-2007, 10:26 AM
Lake Travis is full again. Thanks Vince!

nunusguy
05-29-2007, 11:22 AM
I said hello, he said hi back. I didn't really know what to tell him, so I told him I admired his play last year and wish he had been in Houston. He said "Me too."

I dunno, but doesn't exactly sound like a ringing endorsement of his new home ?

Hervoyel
05-29-2007, 12:11 PM
It's a testament to how crazy things got in here that when I read the thread title "I met Vince Young" I mentally appended "and now I can walk again" to it.

I couldn't help it. It just popped in there.

FirstTexansFan
05-29-2007, 02:10 PM
It's a testament to how crazy things got in here that when I read the thread title "I met Vince Young" I mentally appended "and now I can walk again" to it.

I couldn't help it. It just popped in there.

He cured my ED...thanks VINCE! ;)

Blazing Arrow
05-29-2007, 04:26 PM
He did his part to make sure the Texans finished below .500 again last season ..... :texflag:

Shaft75
05-29-2007, 04:28 PM
He did his part to make sure the Texans finished below .500 again last season ..... :texflag:

He also does his part dissing his new city when people ask about where he would rather be...

real
05-29-2007, 04:30 PM

Signed,

The naive guy who's GF spends all her time trying to get back at that ex that dumped her....

Blazing Arrow
05-29-2007, 04:31 PM
He also does his part dissing his new city when people ask about where he would rather be...

I could careless if he went home and put on a Young Texans Jersey that he had custome made just so he could "pretend" as long as he keeps putting up W's.

StarStruck
05-31-2007, 05:36 PM
Lake Travis is full again. Thanks Vince!

Lake Palestine, too!

Blazing Arrow
05-31-2007, 06:09 PM
Signed,

The naive guy who's GF spends all her time trying to get back at that ex that dumped her....

Actually as the story goes my wife picked me up ..... but if portraying your life situations under the guise that it is me gets you ways to deal with it more power to you man. I would suggest just talking to her. The 4 hour tirade about your inadequacies will come and pass but after the talk at least you will know ...... and knowing is half the battle.....

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u13/BlazingArrow24/gijoe.jpg

Blazing Arrow
05-31-2007, 10:34 PM
That should read "care less". Two seperate words. Don't mind my Madden pen when it hits posts like this.

All hail the grammar Queen. Wear your tiara with pride! :rolleyes:

Shaft75
05-31-2007, 10:39 PM
I could careless if he went home and put on a Young Texans Jersey that he had custome made just so he could "pretend" as long as he keeps putting up W's.

We all know that is a lie. That would be like your whole team putting on a Texans jersey. How disgraceful would that be?

mexican_texan
05-31-2007, 10:39 PM
All hail the grammar Queen. Wear your tiara with pride! :rolleyes:
She does. Along with shorts that say TEXANS on the back.

Blazing Arrow
05-31-2007, 10:42 PM
We all know that is a lie. That would be like your whole team putting on a Texans jersey. How disgraceful would that be?

Our "whole team" as you call him had several bad games; reference all hater posts on this board and the jags board who only look to stats not wins as height of football greatness.

Just because he tore the hearts out of the Texans in Reliant does not mean he was the only member of the team.

Blazing Arrow
05-31-2007, 10:43 PM
She does. Along with shorts that say TEXANS on the back.

I could see that as being hot ..... :cowboy1:

Shaft75
05-31-2007, 10:45 PM
Our "whole team" as you call him had several bad games; reference all hater posts on this board and the jags board who only look to stats not wins as height of football greatness.

Just because he tore the hearts out of the Texans in Reliant does not mean he was the only member of the team.

Okay, Okay... Whole offense. He was par last year and kept you guys in games. The other players that contributed are no longer on the team. So, yeah, whole offense.

Ole Miss Texan
06-01-2007, 03:03 PM

Next time tell him...'Better watch out next year, all those diamonds won't keep Mario off of you!'