PDA

View Full Version : No help for Vince Young

Overalls
05-28-2007, 12:46 PM
Another sad story on the Titans:splits:

http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/a...ung280507.html

With all of the Titans' offensive losses in mind, it's clear entering the 2007 season that the franchise might be placing too much on Young's shoulders. The former national title-winning Texas QB is only 23, and the Titans have so far been less than eager to provide him the necessary help to take them to the Promised Land.

Without talent around Young, one has to wonder whether the team's 8-8 record of last year will be easy to eclipse, particularly in the difficult AFC South. Frankly, for the Titans to take any steps toward a playoff berth this season, Young might have to perform something just shy of a miracle. Over the course of a 16-game schedule, that is one tall order.

Texan_Bill
05-29-2007, 03:39 PM
Where the heck is Blazing Arrow?? It seems he's been coming on less and less, with worse and worse smack... Work must have him pinned down lately.

Mr teX
05-29-2007, 04:08 PM
Great for us!!!!!:splits: :splits: :splits:

Blazing Arrow
05-29-2007, 05:36 PM
Where the heck is Blazing Arrow?? It seems he's been coming on less and less, with worse and worse smack... Work must have him pinned down lately.

With great power comes great responsability. The revolving door that seems to be our AR/AP position is creating way to much work for me right now.

If you dig harder there is a L White story where Bulluck and The Fish throw him under a bus basically calling him a fat slob with no work ethic. I am suprised it has not made it over here yet ....

Bipolar The Titan
06-18-2007, 09:11 AM
two words: we'll see. :cool:

Mr. White
06-18-2007, 09:20 AM
I think that all the talk of the loss to the receiver corps is overrated. He'll probably have some good chemistry with his receivers since he's working with them this offseason in Houston. I think that the Titans will probably have a pretty good passing game this year.

The RB's is another story.....

Bipolar The Titan
06-18-2007, 12:37 PM
I think that all the talk of the loss to the receiver corps is overrated. He'll probably have some good chemistry with his receivers since he's working with them this offseason in Houston.

thank you for adding validity to that point. I'm much inspired by his work ethic. One only needs to point to the past where he held unofficial practices. (the infamous "If you want to beat Ohio State" sign):throwball:

Specnatz
06-18-2007, 01:04 PM
thank you for adding validity to that point. I'm much inspired by his work ethic. One only needs to point to the past where he held unofficial practices. (the infamous "If you want to beat Ohio State" sign):throwball:

There is just one problem with this theory, vy will have to throw the ball.

:fans:

Second Honeymoon
06-18-2007, 01:20 PM

two words: Titans Suck
three words: One Yard Short
four words: Bud Adams Is Fat

Blazing Arrow
06-18-2007, 01:43 PM

Five words: Texans never finish above .500
Six words: Texans have never made the playoffs

ChildressTitanMan
06-18-2007, 02:01 PM
Seven words: Texans have no second pick in 2008
Eight words: Exactly who does Shammy have to throw to?

Tailgate
06-18-2007, 02:01 PM
Five words: Texans never finish above .500
Six words: Texans have never made the playoffs

I guess thats what happens when you have to build a team from scratch. I would assume its a bit more difficult than being handed a Steve McNair, Bruce Matthews, Eddie George, Jeff Fisher, Floyd Reese ran type team.... basically the foundations to get you guys to the super bowl. MUST HAVE BEEN NICE.

Blazing Arrow
06-18-2007, 02:15 PM
I guess thats what happens when you have to build a team from scratch. I would assume its a bit more difficult than being handed a Steve McNair, Bruce Matthews, Eddie George, Jeff Fisher, Floyd Reese ran type team.... basically the foundations to get you guys to the super bowl. MUST HAVE BEEN NICE.

I do not see how my team moving from one venue to another is me being handed something.

Specnatz
06-18-2007, 02:16 PM
Seven words: Texans have no second pick in 2008
Eight words: Exactly who does Shammy have to throw to?

one hyphenated word and one name: Pro-bowler Andrea Johnson

If your going to talk smack at least know something about the subject. Now don't you look stupid for playing.

Texan_Bill
06-18-2007, 02:18 PM
Eight words: Exactly who does Schaub have to throw to?

Andre Johnson, Ahman Green, Owen Daniels?

Who is that Young has to throw it to again? I guess the more important question is how is going to get it there??

Blazing Arrow
06-18-2007, 02:26 PM

Who is that Young has to throw it to again? I guess the more important question is how is going to get it there??

Good choice, washed up, You give me to much credit :shades:

Givins, B Jones, troupe. I would imagine his arm in a throwing motions, but I am no expert.

ChildressTitanMan
06-18-2007, 02:32 PM
one hyphenated word and one name: Pro-bowler Andrea Johnson

If your going to talk smack at least know something about the subject. Now don't you look stupid for playing.

That's right ,AJ is all you have yet Carr got criticised for zoning in on him all the time.Go figure.

So that's two five yard dink & dunk players plus Johnson . Schammy can't take off & run so exactly how has your Offence improved?

I guess the more important question is how long will it be before you'll be calling for Schammy's head?

Specnatz
06-18-2007, 02:41 PM
That's right ,AJ is all you have yet Carr got criticised for zoning in on him all the time.Go figure.

So that's two five yard dink & dunk players plus Johnson . Schammy can't take off & run so exactly how has your Offence improved?

I guess the more important question is how long will it be before you'll be calling for Schammy's head?

I just mentioned one player because you said who exactly does he have to throw to. Owen Daniels is not a dink and dunk pass catcher. He is donw the middle of the field TE but yet again you do not watch any Texans games so you come here to smack talk empty handed.

Good choice, washed up, You give me to much credit :shades: Givins, B Jones, troupe. I would imagine his arm in a throwing motions, but I am no expert.

How is he going to find Givens he is hurt, as you point out so elegantly to me, but I guess when you mention him it is ok even though he is hurt.

Yes his arm may get into a throwing motion but the pass will look more like a wounded duck and with his accuracy he may end up hitting the someone in the third row of the stands.

Second Honeymoon
06-18-2007, 02:43 PM
when the Titans are circling the drain at 3-5 at the midway point, you can take solace that you trolled on the Texans board and got owned.

Blazing Arrow
06-18-2007, 02:50 PM
when the Titans are circling the drain at 3-5 at the midway point, you can take solace that you trolled on the Texans board and got owned.

I'll get you an umbrella then so our tears do not rain down to the cellar on the Texans.

Goldensilence

...but technically....that's three words....i'll give you 2.5.

real
Schammy can't take off & run so exactly how has your Offence improved?

Because Schaub can't take off and run you presume our offense hasn't gotten any better ? wow...how simple of you...

This isn't Madden. Mobile QB's aren't 'the bomb'.

ChildressTitanMan
06-18-2007, 02:54 PM

Owned?:pigfly:

I'll bump this thread in early November to remind you exactly who's circling the drain at that point. Then we'll see about ownage.

Specnatz
06-18-2007, 02:56 PM

I'll bump this thread in early November to remind you exactly who's circling the drain at that point. Then we'll see about ownage.

I doubt you will be bumping it since the Titans will not have as good of record as the Texans you will just stick your tail between your legs and not even come around here.

Second Honeymoon
06-18-2007, 03:01 PM

31st in payroll. only Buffalo is cheaper. please come back and take your medicine once the whole outhouse is going up in flames for the Tacks.

ChildressTitanMan
06-18-2007, 03:02 PM
Oh I'll bump it alright.

If I'm wrong I'll still bump it for you so that you can feed me the crow.:goodbad:

real
06-18-2007, 03:03 PM
I'm trying to figure out where all of this cockiness from Titan's fans is coming from ?

from an 8-8 season ?

Your team is terrible...

ChildressTitanMan
06-18-2007, 03:08 PM
October 21st.....the high plains drifter will be back to paint your town orange.:howdy:

Texan_Bill
06-18-2007, 03:12 PM

Do y'all even watch divisional games?? Owen Daniels?? His production fell off the a little bit the second half of the season as he missed a couple of games and played a couple of games with injury.. Bottom line though, is his stock is rising...

We'll see if Green is washed up but its been reported that he showed up in camp in the best shape of his life and he started 14 games last season averaging 4.5 yards a carry and over 1000 yards for the season.

As far as Schaub not being very mobile, I don't know where y'all get that. Is he Steve Young, no, not close - but they say he moves pretty good for a guy thats 6-5, 235. But more importantly, he feels the pressure and is mobile enough to avoid the sack...

I would imagine his arm in a throwing motions, but I am no expert.
That ugly thing constitutes throwing a pass?!? But you got the second part of that statement correct.

ChildressTitanMan
06-18-2007, 03:19 PM
Do y'all even watch divisional games?? Owen Daniels?? His production fell off the a little bit the second half of the season as he missed a couple of games and played a couple of games with injury.. Bottom line though, is his stock is rising...

I like Daniels,he was a nice budget pick up for my fantasy team last year.

My point Bill was as you yourself pointed out,outside of Green,Daniels & Johnson who do you have?

The Texans have questions about the guys surrounding Schaub.

Texan_Bill
06-18-2007, 03:26 PM

My point Bill was as you yourself pointed out,outside of Green,Daniels & Johnson who do you have?

The thread is about no help for Young...

Troupe had 13 receptions last year.

I dont remember LenDale catching many balls out of the backfield (not just last year but in college either).

Givens had only 8 receptions last year (obviously that was because he only played in 5 games).

You compare the three that I named for the Texans versus the ones mentioned for Tennessee, and I see that we have more weapons surrounding Schaub than the Titans have for "His Holiness" ..

PS... Good pick up for your FF last year.

Honoring Earl 34
06-18-2007, 03:29 PM
I dont remember LenDale catching many balls out of the backfield (not just last year but in college either).

He'd catch them if they were cheeseballs ... I know to easy . :devilpig:

Texan_Bill
06-18-2007, 03:33 PM
He'd catch them if they were cheeseballs ... I know to easy . :devilpig:

I was actually fighting something like that back, in my post.

Honoring Earl 34
06-18-2007, 03:34 PM
I was actually fighting something like that back, in my post.

Sometimes you gotta be the assist guy .

Texan_Bill
06-18-2007, 03:35 PM
Thanks for the assist.... Get 'em where you can!!! :splits:

Specnatz
06-18-2007, 03:38 PM
October 21st.....the high plains drifter will be back to paint your town orange.:howdy:

Are the inbreads changing the color of there uniforms.

SheTexan
06-18-2007, 03:46 PM
Are the inbreads changing the color of there uniforms.

Perfect comeback Spec!! Got a good laugh out of that one!!:doot:

ReliantTexan
06-18-2007, 04:07 PM

The Texans have questions about the guys surrounding Schaub.Yes,but we do have a legit #1 WR in Johnson,who will command double-teamsand free-up our other receivers.Do we have a hole at the #2 spot,yes that's why we bring in Jacoby Jones to let him compete with Kevin Walters for that spot.

Overalls
06-18-2007, 05:44 PM
Don't look now but the Titans have brought back Chrisy Brown to run the ball.

Blazing Arrow
06-18-2007, 05:45 PM
Don't look now but the Titans have brought back Chrisy Brown to run the ball.

Scared?

Overalls
06-18-2007, 05:51 PM
Scared?

Come on Blaze. You know half of your own teams fan base didn't want him back. He might be a slight upgrade over LW and CH, but he won't play more than a few games before he is in the trainers room crying.

real
06-18-2007, 05:53 PM
Scared?

Of course...

I mean, the guy is an elite back that strikes fear into opponents hearts...

real
06-18-2007, 05:58 PM

What does it matter ?

Daniels, AJ, and Green are more than you all are workin with...

Texan_Bill
06-18-2007, 06:04 PM
Scared?

This isnt the same Chris Brown with the glass jaw - is it? Didn't we knock him out once already?

Blazing Arrow
06-18-2007, 06:27 PM
Come on Blaze. You know half of your own teams fan base didn't want him back. He might be a slight upgrade over LW and CH, but he won't play more than a few games before he is in the trainers room crying.

CB as a start scares me; CB as a backup should scare you. Na that was even hard to say but I think he is good depth and came in pretty well when we asked him to last season. Lets put it this way. He is probably the best 3 RB in the league.

Blazing Arrow
06-18-2007, 06:27 PM
This isnt the same Chris Brown with the glass jaw - is it? Didn't we knock him out once already?

He has glass feet and ankles. His jaw seems to be pretty sound.

Specnatz
06-18-2007, 06:33 PM
CB as a start scares me; CB as a backup should scare you. Na that was even hard to say but I think he is good depth and came in pretty well when we asked him to last season. Lets put it this way. He is probably the best 3 RB in the league.

You should seriously think about checking into the betty ford clinic.

:splits:

brakos82
06-18-2007, 06:36 PM

He'll probably blend in real well with Mars when we're done with him.

That doesn't surprise me, considering that Bud came from there.

TexansSeminole
06-18-2007, 06:37 PM
He has glass feet and ankles. His jaw seems to be pretty sound.

What about his shoulder?

Blazing Arrow
06-18-2007, 06:43 PM
What about his shoulder?

He has had turf toe two seasona and I know he had an ankle injury. His shoulder would not suprise me either. I think that might have been his college injury though.

Blazing Arrow
06-18-2007, 06:44 PM
You should seriously think about checking into the betty ford clinic.

:splits:

Care to suggest another #3Rb that has a 1000 yard season under there belt? I stand by my statement.

Shaft75
06-18-2007, 06:47 PM
Care to suggest another #3Rb that has a 1000 yard season under there belt? I stand by my statement.

We know of one that hasn't signed with another team after being cut...

Blazing Arrow
06-18-2007, 07:00 PM
We know of one that hasn't signed with another team after being cut...

That will be a #3 if signed and ride the pine?

Specnatz
06-18-2007, 07:03 PM

So having a 1000 yard season is yor criteria of having a number 3 back, then you dont have a #1 and a #2 back, because they have yet to even rush for 250 yards.

Blazing Arrow
06-18-2007, 07:11 PM
So having a 1000 yard season is yor criteria of having a number 3 back, then you dont have a #1 and a #2 back, because they have yet to even rush for 250 yards.

Wow, again you total missed the point of my post.

This is a logic test, try to follow here
1. Chis Brown Signed with the Titans
2. There are two RB ahead of Brown on the roster same as last season
3. Chris Brown has a 1000 yard season

does logic follow that because I say Chris Brown is a #3 back that all #3 backs have to have a 1K season?

Or is it more likely that when I said we have the best #3 back in the NFL and use the 1K season as an example that that is exacly what I meant? :hmmm:

Tailgate
06-18-2007, 07:19 PM
I do not see how my team moving from one venue to another is me being handed something.

ah ha... a follower. Then either way, its supposed to be easy to start a franchise from scratch?? And what did the Oilers accomplish after the NFLmerger?? I know they sank to the bottom of the AFC Central.... and didnt actually win a division title until what 1991???

Bottom line... the Texans were blessed for the move and now have a much much better stadium than the Titans and top of the line facilities... and soon will be the talk of the NFL when they start thier rise to the top.

Blazing Arrow
06-18-2007, 07:26 PM
ah ha... a follower. Then either way, its supposed to be easy to start a franchise from scratch?? And what did the Oilers accomplish after the NFLmerger?? I know they sank to the bottom of the AFC Central.... and didnt actually win a division title until what 1991???

Bottom line... the Texans were blessed for the move and now have a much much better stadium than the Titans and top of the line facilities... and soon will be the talk of the NFL when they start thier rise to the top.

Not a follower a continued fan. I believe the other side of the coin is turncoat. You chose which side you land on? So when the Texans because a franchise it was starting over but instead of going to the AFL days and the championships in that league you instead decide to start at the point they went into the NFL. Seem pretty convenient, especially if your argument was poor in the first place.

Tailgate
06-18-2007, 07:30 PM
Not a follower a continued fan. I believe the other side of the coin is turncoat. You chose which side you land on? So when the Texans because a franchise it was starting over but instead of going to the AFL days and the championships in that league you instead decide to start at the point they went into the NFL. Seem pretty convenient, especially if your argument was poor in the first place.

No... its called an even comparison. Since the Texans are IN THE NFL. The AFL had what... 8 teams???

And btw... I am a HOUSTONIAN...born and raised. Why the hell would I want to root for a team that resides in Tennessee??

Specnatz
06-18-2007, 07:34 PM
Wow, again you total missed the point of my post.

This is a logic test, try to follow here
1. Chis Brown Signed with the Titans
2. There are two RB ahead of Brown on the roster same as last season
3. Chris Brown has a 1000 yard season

does logic follow that because I say Chris Brown is a #3 back that all #3 backs have to have a 1K season?

Or is it more likely that when I said we have the best #3 back in the NFL and use the 1K season as an example that that is exacly what I meant? :hmmm:

You said and I quote "care to name another #3 rb with a 1000 yard season."

That would mean he is the best #3 rb because he has had a 1000 yard season. Also, this is to imply that at the start of the season fatboy and career back-up in high school and college will be ahead of brown on the depth chart.

I can read just fine, I am sorry you do not know how to make a point and leave it out there that what you said can be take multiple ways. But because you can't make a point without having it mean more than one thing you try to insult me by saying I can't read. When in reality you can't make a very solid point.

Try instead of saying this is what I ment how about typing that in the first place or would that be to hard for your education level to handle?

Now for a logic test, you have a fatpig who can't even get on the field during OTA and a career back-up would they not be more in-line to be behind the 1000 yard runner?

Blazing Arrow
06-18-2007, 07:37 PM
No... its called an even comparison. Since the Texans are IN THE NFL. The AFL had what... 8 teams???

And btw... I am a HOUSTONIAN...born and raised. Why the hell would I want to root for a team that resides in Tennessee??

Only because in today's world the NFL dominates the football scene and squishes all that oppose it. Durning the time of the AFL had a pretty solid following. When the leagues MERGED. In baseball should all records be lost because the two leagues did not play each other at one point?

on your BTW that was your choice to stay loyal to your location, I am not from Houston and have no tie to the state, so I have no vested interest in the state or city. So I kept routing for the team I had grown up following.

Tailgate
06-18-2007, 07:41 PM
Only because in today's world the NFL dominates the football scene and squishes all that oppose it. Durning the time of the AFL had a pretty solid following. When the leagues MERGED. In baseball should all records be lost because the two leagues did not play each other at one point?

on your BTW that was your choice to stay loyal to your location, I am not from Houston and have no tie to the state, so I have no vested interest in the state or city. So I kept routing for the team I had grown up following.

The point remains the same... if there were an AFL or wherever and the Texans started there before it merged into the NFL... THEN I would use those records,etc. But they didnt... SO I DIDNT. We are talking about the NFL. It wasnt convenient for me...it was an even comparison... its simply convenient FOR YOU.

And yes... it was my choice. In no way shape or form was I going to let Bud double dip with his new Tenn fans and me still here in Houston after he took our team away. Just no way. I can def. see if you have zero ties to this town how you would follow them wherever. But this is my town... and the Texans are my team. Im not sure where you live... but it sounds like your town doesnt have a team.

Blazing Arrow
06-18-2007, 07:55 PM
You said and I quote "care to name another #3 rb with a 1000 yard season."

That would mean he is the best #3 rb because he has had a 1000 yard season. Also, this is to imply that at the start of the season fatboy and career back-up in high school and college will be ahead of brown on the depth chart.

If you ignore the post I quoted and totally ignore the other posts I have made about CB yes this logic would hold.

I said CB was the best #3 back in the league and that he has a 1000 yards season (both IMO true statements). At no point did I say that either was dependant upon the other. This is where your logic has failed here. I believe the term is “false truth” but I am no pshyc. major.

Brown was the #3 back last season under L Dub. Considering the team was ready to let him walk I would throw him below White. Henry is in the same spot that White was in last season; 2nd round draft pick, RB, again it would seem obvious that he will be put in the #3 spot until he has won the other spots.

I can read just fine, I am sorry you do not know how to make a point and leave it out there that what you said can be take multiple ways. But because you can't make a point without having it mean more than one thing you try to insult me by saying I can't read. When in reality you can't make a very solid point.

I was not trying to insult you man. I guess if you read the word “logic” as a burn it could be taken that way but I am saying more on the pshy use of the word. You implied that I had said that CB was a #3 because he had had a 1000 yard season. I was merely pointing out that is not what my statement said. Step away from the argument and re-read it not taking one side or another I think I made my point.

Try instead of saying this is what I ment how about typing that in the first place or would that be to hard for your education level to handle?

You seem to be the only person that has these issues. It is not the first time you have totally taken what I said out of contrext but not applying the previous statement to the current post. Theses threads are a string of thoughts, points made prior should not have to be rehashed with each post to keep you in the know.

Now for a logic test, you have a fatpig who can't even get on the field during OTA and a career back-up would they not be more in-line to be behind the 1000 yard runner?

This must be a hypothetical because he did play in OTA though injured his ankle. He was 12 lbs above his playing weight and lost 4 of those before OTA ended. So this “Fatpig” as you called him ended at +8 over his playing weight, 3 lbs above his Rose Bowl weight. Yeah he is huge. You going to tell me that you are within 8 lbs of an NFL playing weight and in that type of shape :rolleyes:

Career backup who has never played a professional game in his life? Oh oh I’ve got one the waterproof sponge.

Tailgate
06-18-2007, 07:58 PM
So an honest question for you Blaze.... do you think you guys will be better or worse off at the RB, WR, and CB position with out the likes of Travis Henry, Drew Bennett, and Adam Jones?

Blazing Arrow
06-18-2007, 08:00 PM
but it sounds like your town doesnt have a team.

I am not dogging your choice I am just explainging mine.

I live in the SF Bay Area so I actually have two teams to chose from. The Raiders and the 49ers. I chose the Oilers, though I do like the 49ers.

Blazing Arrow
06-18-2007, 08:14 PM
So an honest question for you Blaze.... do you think you guys will be better or worse off at the RB, WR, and CB position with out the likes of Travis Henry, Drew Bennett, and Adam Jones?

No question on Pacman. That will hurt us. I think we have made effort as a stop gap. Well let me say this. I think our #2 CB has improved while our #1 CB has dramatically lowered.

WR I think we are in about the same boat. Not many Titans fans will back Bennett. He had his time here is it was time to move on. He drops way to many critical balls. 2 seasons go I can specifically remember 1 ball that went right through his hand in the end zone. It just seemed as a perfect example to me of his play for the last few season. Or the ball game two where Collins over threw the ball but instead of extending a bit and breaking up the play just stopped in route and let the ball fly right into the defenders hands. Sorry you make the money Bennett was making or is making you better make an effort.

RB you really need to stop looking at last season as the bench for Henry. Henry did well when we changed our O-line blocking scheme and Young started. I think we are moving more to a system at RB then needing a stud in the position.

I feel we have upgrade our S, #2CB, and MLB. We are in discussion to get a DE. I think we are in about the same spot but I like the changes we have made. That is really without even one of our draft picks panning out.

Tailgate
06-18-2007, 08:15 PM
I am not dogging your choice I am just explainging mine.

I live in the SF Bay Area so I actually have two teams to chose from. The Raiders and the 49ers. I chose the Oilers, though I do like the 49ers.

Fair enough.... although there is nothing like tailgating on Sunday before the local game and the excitement walking into that stadium before kickoff. The best days of the year. You make the trip to Tenn alot?

Blazing Arrow
06-18-2007, 08:19 PM
Fair enough.... although there is nothing like tailgating on Sunday before the local game and the excitement walking into that stadium before kickoff. The best days of the year. You make the trip to Tenn alot?

Funny you bring up tailgating because I use to goto the Raider games and do that. It is fun if you are a raiders fan, if not you are ashamed they are in the same league.

Never been to Tenn either, but DTV is a nice way to view the games.

Tailgate
06-18-2007, 08:24 PM
No question on Pacman. That will hurt us. I think we have made effort as a stop gap. Well let me say this. I think our #2 CB has improved while our #1 CB has dramatically lowered.

WR I think we are in about the same boat. Not many Titans fans will back Bennett. He had his time here is it was time to move on. He drops way to many critical balls. 2 seasons go I can specifically remember 1 ball that went right through his hand in the end zone. It just seemed as a perfect example to me of his play for the last few season. Or the ball game two where Collins over threw the ball but instead of extending a bit and breaking up the play just stopped in route and let the ball fly right into the defenders hands. Sorry you make the money Bennett was making or is making you better make an effort.

RB you really need to stop looking at last season as the bench for Henry. Henry did well when we changed our O-line blocking scheme and Young started. I think we are moving more to a system at RB then needing a stud in the position.

I feel we have upgrade our S, #2CB, and MLB. We are in discussion to get a DE. I think we are in about the same spot but I like the changes we have made. That is really without even one of our draft picks panning out.

I would have to agree on the CB assessment... and his return skills will be sorely missed imo. You might be right regarding Henry... but Im also thinking that Henry returned to old form (as in those 2 great Buffalo seasons) and simply was very good for you guys last year. Its definitely a possibility as well. As far as WR, I dont think you guys have anyone over 4 years of experience. Thats a good thing for the future... but losing Bennett might hurt a bit in the leadership factor,etc. But overall... Vince didnt exactly light the league up in the passing department. Your WR and RB are questions that will be answered... but they are questions no doubt. Much like our QB situation.

stingray
06-18-2007, 09:12 PM
We'll there's some good news for the Titans fans. Chris Brown will stay.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=rotowire-hrisrownackithitans&prov=rotowire&type=fantasy

Goldensilence
06-19-2007, 08:30 PM

You think with Pacman's recent incident again... i mean i know it's nebulous and there are some other pending judgements going on. Think Management will keep him around much longer even after the suspension. Cause ATM it looks like that 1 year suspendsion will hold barring a miracle turn of events.

Is Nick Harper and Griffin (who's converting from safety) going to hold all season at the CB spots? Is David Givens going to be healthy this year far as WR goes? Think it'll be RBBC this year too ...at least that's how it looks here.

Bipolar The Titan
06-19-2007, 10:05 PM

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f95/bipolartitan/stuff/wthis.gif

five words: What the hell is this?

Honoring Earl 34
06-19-2007, 10:39 PM

History ... you know like that famous historic event in Tennessee .

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/photopost/showphoto.php/photo/45792/cat/749

Second Honeymoon
06-20-2007, 12:17 AM

that is an avatar pic of Vince totally owning Mario that I put together after VY's homecoming game in Reliant. It's a motivation reminder of the lows of '06.

i am humbled that you liked it enough to photobucket :)

mexican_texan
06-20-2007, 12:49 AM
Fear not, LenDale is in Tennessee, and he's in the best shape of his life.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/LenWhaleTraining.jpg

TexanSam
06-20-2007, 12:51 AM
Fear not, LenDale is in Tennessee, and he's in the best shape of his life.

LMAO!

Brando
06-20-2007, 01:29 PM
Scared?

No Chrissy Brown is scared. FYI, BA, Simmons is now #22 since Ahman Green is #30.

http://img90.exs.cx/img90/5040/chrisbrownhitedited8sx.gif

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2875386

Texan_Bill
06-20-2007, 01:46 PM

I guess it is....^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^That was the exact play I was thinking of....
Thanks for answering my question Wario

Blazing Arrow
06-20-2007, 03:23 PM
I'll take our 3 back gobbling up 5+ yards on plays. You guys look at CB like he is going to start. The guy will be lucky to get 25 carries this season.

Specnatz
06-20-2007, 03:26 PM
I'll take our 3 back gobbling up 5+ yards on plays. You guys look at CB like he is going to start. The guy will be lucky to get 25 carries this season.

Is this a new sandwich in Tenn.

Texan_Bill
06-20-2007, 05:50 PM
Is this a new sandwich in Tenn.

YUP.... LenDale has given his seal of approval....

Someone mention gobbling??... I'm in.

Signed,
LenDale White.

Blazing Arrow
06-20-2007, 05:55 PM
What is weird is even being at that weight he will still out run any back on Houston .... odd

Brando
06-20-2007, 05:59 PM
What is weird is even being at that weight he will still out run any back on Houston .... odd

Only if the fridge is on the field.

Blazing Arrow
06-20-2007, 06:04 PM
Only if the fridge is on the field.

Is he in broadcasting now?

Brando
06-20-2007, 06:06 PM
Is he in broadcasting now?

Not "The Fridge" but a real one that has food in it.

Tailgate
06-20-2007, 06:11 PM

Are you sure about that? From what I remember... he was too lazy to even participate in a full workout in his pro day.

I will take Ahman Green, Chris Taylor, and possibly even Ron Dayne over Lendale.

Texan_Bill
06-20-2007, 06:13 PM

^^ Whats weird is where you come up with this crap^^

AG:
Green is most known for his speed, which won him Nebraska prep titles in the 100- and 200-meter dashes. At the Indianapolis Scouting Combine, Green ran the 40-yard dash in 4.44 seconds, one of the top times of his RB class. He’s also very athletic, having vertical-jumped almost 40 inches and broad-jumped more than 10 feet.

Full Article (http://archive.profootballweekly.com/content/archives2001/features_2001/agrest_100101.asp)

LW:
Even dumbass Casserley takes a shot at LW.
But as Texans GM Charley Casserly said "If you're a team, how do you take a running back who doesn't runa 40-yard dash? Indeed...

Full Article (http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/TTBoy2000/2006/04/04/LenDale_White_you_are_a_RUNNING_Back)

Blazing Arrow
06-20-2007, 06:20 PM
Not "The Fridge" but a real one that has food in it.

Considering his size I would imagine "The Fridge" has food in him all of the time.

Blazing Arrow
06-20-2007, 06:29 PM
TB i know you are not bringing up a 40 time from 9 years ago!

Texan_Bill
06-20-2007, 06:31 PM
LMAO... You can hire the "Fridge" for your next event.....

http://www.fridge72.com/

I would guard the food during his appearance though...

Blazing Arrow
LW:
Even dumbass Casserley takes a shot at LW.

Full Article (http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/TTBoy2000/2006/04/04/LenDale_White_you_are_a_RUNNING_Back)

Welll your dumbass comment was correct. How does a guy with a hurt knee run a 40? He is talking about the draft and at the time LDub was hurt and in cruches.

Texan_Bill
TB i know you are not bringing up a 40 time from 9 years ago!

Why not??? Thats when LenDale started his... We are still waiting his completion....

Tailgate
06-20-2007, 06:33 PM
Here is the latest on Ahman Green from Mini Camp:

Green in great shape: It’s been evident to those at practice over the past month that Ahman Green has clearly rebounded from a season-ending knee injury in 2005.

Green has looked so good at times it has left some to wonder aloud how good Green looked in practice before the injury. Tuesday, there was an indication from Kubiak that the Texans may have gotten more than what they bargained for when they signed Green as a free agent in March.

“Mike (Sherman)’s told me a couple of times, ‘you know he looks as good as I’ve ever seen him look,’ and Mike had him for a long time so that’s very positive,” Kubiak said.

Blazing Arrow
06-20-2007, 06:38 PM
Why not??? Thats when LenDale started his... We are still waiting his completion....

I'm going to look anther direction now, K?

If you do not know why after 9 years you do not still look at the draft day 40 times I just do not know what to tell you.

L-Dubs 40 time is 4.60 per nfl.com and the player profile.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2006/white_lendale

It seem that in the grand scheme to stay competitive L-Dub was forced to run a timed 40.

Which is worst: a back coming into camp 10 LBS over weight or an organization not knowing there starting RB who was coming off of a knee surgery the prior season would not even be close to playing and would eventually sit out the entire season only to be cut? :hmmm:

Texan_Bill
06-20-2007, 06:44 PM
I'm going to look anther direction now, K?

If you do not know why after 9 years you do not still look at the draft day 40 times I just do not know what to tell you.

L-Dubs 40 time is 4.60 per nfl.com and the player profile.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2006/white_lendale

It seem that in the grand scheme to stay competitive L-Dub was forced to run a timed 40.

Which is worst: a back coming into camp 10 LBS over weight or an organization not knowing there starting RB who was coming off of a knee surgery the prior season would not even be close to playing and would eventually sit out the entire season only to be cut? :hmmm:

Seriously.... You can honestly, with a straight face suggest that LW is fast as AG???

Bwaaaahaaaaaaa!!!! Bwaaaahaaaaaaa!!!! Bwaaaahaaaaaaa!!!!

Maybe through te buffet line..........

By the way... AG's knee surgery was 2 years ago. He rushed for over 1,000 yards and averaged 4.5 yards a carry in 14 games last year..... I think Tinnbread fans are taking the Green acquisition way too lightly.....

Honoring Earl 34
06-20-2007, 06:47 PM
Seriously.... You can honestly, with a straight face suggest that LW is fast as AG???

Maybe through te buffet line..........

I think he means going downhill .

Tailgate
06-20-2007, 06:47 PM

We aren't talking about this season? Cuz Ahman Green is the starter here. Id say the Texans have the edge in the RB department after Travis Henry left. And you are typically MUCH better the year AFTER your comeback season after a knee surgery.

Texan_Bill
06-20-2007, 06:48 PM
I think he means going downhill .

So, LenDale would be rolling and Ahman running.... Meh, I might could see that...

Texan_Bill
06-20-2007, 06:55 PM
Welll your dumbass comment was correct. How does a guy with a hurt knee run a 40? He is talking about the draft and at the time LDub was hurt and in cruches.

Is having gout the same as being injured... Stay away from the fatty foods LenDale and lower your cholestorol - its the best way to combat gout..

Point I was making is that Ahman Green was and still is considered a speed back.... LW is not, he is considered a power runner.. (NOTE: Reggie Bush outbenched LW) but I am sure LW was dealing with that bout of gout that affected his elbow too...

Blazing Arrow
06-20-2007, 08:00 PM
We aren't talking about this season? Cuz Ahman Green is the starter here. Id say the Texans have the edge in the RB department after Travis Henry left. And you are typically MUCH better the year AFTER your comeback season after a knee surgery.

How many 30 year old RBs come back from knee surgery at even 75% of there former self?

Specnatz
06-20-2007, 09:18 PM
How many 30 year old RBs come back from knee surgery at even 75% of there former self?

None

signed,

every who has had othroscopic surgery

Blazing Arrow
06-20-2007, 09:59 PM
None

signed,

every who has had othroscopic surgery

I don't even know where to start .....

Well first off I think you meant Arthroscopic since the word you used is made up but moving past that I assume that by your post you either entirely agree with me or have no clue what Arthroscopic/othroscopic surgery is. Much less have taken a second to even review Green's injury.

http://www.packers.com/team/players/green_ahman/

Ruptured his right quadriceps tendon at Minnesota (Oct. 23) and underwent season-ending surgery two days later

by now I bet you are confused, thinking "it does not mention his knee", so I highlight it for you:

Ruptured his right quadriceps tendon

The quad tendon is part of the knee....

http://orthopedics.about.com/cs/kneeinjuries/a/quadtendon.htm

The quadriceps tendon and patellar tendon (or patellar ligament) are parts of the extensor mechanism of the knee. It is the extensor mechanism that allows us to straighten our knee or perform a kicking motion. When the quadriceps muscle (thigh muscle) contracts, force is transmitted through the quadriceps tendon, across the patella (kneecap), through the patellar tendon, and the knee is straightened.

a diagram just incase I am still not making sense ....

http://www.recessesofmymind.com/photogallery/images/knee_anat.jpg

:ok:

Overalls
06-20-2007, 10:26 PM

1) Ahman wasn't 30 when he had the surgery.
2) He didn't turn 30 till 4 months ago. More than a full year after the surgery.
3) While not great last season. He had over 1000 yards rushing and 300 yards receiving.

Yeah I would really rather have a fat RB that did nothing last season, LW or a injury prone RB that did nothing last season, CB or a RB that didn't even do anything in college, CH. Man you are right Ahman is garbage compaired to that.

FANTASY FOOTBALL ARTICLES
2006 Off-Season Injury Report - Running Backs
Philip Gentles
June 5, 2006

Ahman Green, GB
Surgery To Repair Torn Quadriceps

Huddle Up: Packers’ RB Ahman Green, who is already ahead of schedule in his rehab back from a torn quadriceps tendon, is expected to be at full speed in time for the start of the regular season. Green missed the remainder of the 2005 season after tearing his quadriceps in October and he’s undergone 3 – 4 hours of treatment and rehab daily since team physicians surgically repaired the injury. According to reports the Packers didn’t think he would be able to practice until sometime in August but he was given clearance to work with the team during mini camp in May. Green did not take part in any contact drills and he was running at half speed but he did take handoffs and made cuts and according to reports the medical staff was pleased with his performance. He’s been straight-line running and lifting weights since March 20 but nobody, not even Green himself, thought he would be back on the field and cutting before the start of training camp so this is a very good sign that things are going well. Team officials now expect him to be more involved in June OTA’s and he should be closer to full strength when training camp begins.

Specnatz
06-20-2007, 10:41 PM
Thank you mr spelling police. Without you nothing would ever get done.

Are you saying that anyone with an injury is never been successful, after 30? No I am not going through all the history. Who cares what you think about it, your a troll who wants to trash anything and everything and bring up a stat that is hard to research. Knee inury after 30 so I would have to look at every running back. I have been looking for this stat for about an hour now, great next you will bring up lefties who have never rushed for 1000k after 32. You bring up a stat that can not be proved or disproved and want to make an arguement about it. Arthroscopic surgery was major surgery prior to the year 2000 season so go F yourself on that one. Each year medical advances upgrade. But hey lets not take that into account.

So I could say: name one black QB who has one a superbowl, now name one who was a scrabbling qb vs a pocket passer. I can bring up stats that make my point without going with the discussion.

Name me one RB on the titans roster who could start for any other team? the answer is NONE.

Thank you for trying but you failed as badly as pacman.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earl_Campbell

Read where he was ever injured. Oh wait you can't it is not on there.

Texan_Bill
06-21-2007, 09:38 AM
First, a torn quad tendon can not be fixed by arthroscopical surgery - so lets get off each other's back about the spelling and what not...

Second, the procedure can usually be performed as an outpatient or overnight stay. Of course it will need to be immobalized for approximately 6 weeks - but can vary from patient to patient - with several weeks of re-hab.

Third, the injury prognosis is similar to that of a hamstring in that if it is not healed 100%, the person is at a great risk of re-injuring it - but if the injury is healed 100% the patient should regain all mobility and movement...

Given that, and the fact that Green did okay last season and came into camp this season in the best shape of his life, I would say that we should be in pretty good shape (knock on wood).

But lets also remember - thats why they play the games. Green could get hurt, LenDale could lose 67 pounds and lead the NFL in rushing. We will just have to wait and see.

76Texan
06-21-2007, 04:49 PM
Lendale losing 67 lbs? :devilpig:

I think they gonna convert Young to RB... :wild:

Double Barrel
06-21-2007, 06:20 PM

I was a 9er fan as a young child because they were what was on. Moon and the shoot got me hooked on the Oilers/Titans. I have been a fan since.

And you have the balls to call anyone a...what was your term, "turncoat"? :hmmm:

So you have two teams to choose from where you live, but have chosen to bandwagon another team. Okey dokey, that is certainly your prerogative. :ok:

But you lose credibility when you want to paint anyone that roots for their hometown team with a negative connotation. Why don't you just stick with football takes, which you allegedly profess to do, and leave the judgement of fans alone for awhile. A man of your educational pedigree should certainly have much more to talk about than disrespecting an individual's fanaticism.

Blazing Arrow
06-22-2007, 01:21 AM
Sorry at 9 I was a little more into what everyone else seemed to like then really thinking about it. :rolleyes:

Not that my allegiance needs or requires any explanation at all.

dtran04
06-22-2007, 01:24 AM
Vince has been held out 2 days in a row now for a sore calf.

MADDEN CURSE has begun....

Silver Oak
06-22-2007, 08:37 AM
Darn! I was hoping to say that in the first game at Reliant this season...seconds after watching Mario and Amobi hitting him simultaneously at full speed, and having vince fumble the ball, which was then picked up by a rejuventated Jason Babin, who rumbled into the end zone for a score!

:d:

Texan_Bill
06-22-2007, 08:41 AM
Darn! I was hoping to say that in the first game at Reliant this season...seconds after watching Mario and Amobi hitting him simultaneously at full speed, and having vince fumble the ball, which was then picked up by a rejuventated Jason Babin, who rumbled into the end zone for a score!

:d:

I like it......

Mr teX
06-22-2007, 10:16 AM
1) Ahman wasn't 30 when he had the surgery.
2) He didn't turn 30 till 4 months ago. More than a full year after the surgery.
3) While not great last season. He had over 1000 yards rushing and 300 yards receiving.

Yeah I would really rather have a fat RB that did nothing last season, LW or a injury prone RB that did nothing last season, CB or a RB that didn't even do anything in college, CH. Man you are right Ahman is garbage compaired to that.

Why are we still paying this guy any attention? Ahman has already come back & played like 10 games on his knee. He started out slow, but he got it together towards the end of the season.

We're not depending on him to carry our team nor are we expecting him to be here for 5 years.

Double Barrel
06-22-2007, 10:38 AM
Not that my allegiance needs or requires any explanation at all.

Then why do you seem to require it from us?

Hey kids, can you say "double standard"? :victory:

Texan_Bill
06-22-2007, 10:45 AM
Why are we still paying this guy any attention? Ahman has already come back & played like 10 games on his knee. He started out slow, but he got it together towards the end of the season.

We're not depending on him to carry our team nor are we expecting him to be here for 5 years.

Actually, I have said this before. He played in 14 games last year, rushed for over 1,000 yards, averaging 4.5 ypc.

Texan_Bill
06-22-2007, 10:47 AM
Hey kids, can you say "double standard"? :victory:

"Hey kids, slap your face... Dah d' Do Doo"

Specnatz
06-22-2007, 11:01 AM

And BOOM there goes the coffee.

Double Barrel
06-22-2007, 11:20 AM

lol:

Some kids would rather slap the monkey, tho' :monkey:

Specnatz
06-22-2007, 11:43 AM
That is twice now, damn, glad I am wearing a drak shirt.

Blazing Arrow
06-22-2007, 02:48 PM
http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/3893/hahkk4.gif

Specnatz
06-22-2007, 02:59 PM
http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/3893/hahkk4.gif

What was the question, who looks and sounds funny doing an interview about pacman?

ChildressTitanMan
06-22-2007, 03:00 PM
That is twice now, damn, glad I am wearing a drak shirt.

lol: Doh, I just googled drak :gun:

Specnatz
06-22-2007, 03:08 PM
lol: Doh, I just googled drak :gun:

Funny thing is it still comes out as dark shirt if you use yahoo, so my typing skills are clearly not as bad as I thought.

Second Honeymoon
06-22-2007, 04:04 PM
What was the question, who looks and sounds funny doing an interview about pacman?

VY may not be the most eloquent guy in the world, but he said exactly what needed to be said while still leaving PacMan with a little dignity. I like the fact that he didn't throw the guy completely under the bus. Add to that the fact that he is taking the team leadership role on this whole issue speaks volumes for any QB much less a guy who has yet to play a full season.

respect to VY for showing some class. he just has a roundabout way of wording things when he has an armada of microphones in his face.

Double Barrel
06-22-2007, 04:13 PM
VY may not be the most eloquent guy in the world, but he said exactly what needed to be said while still leaving PacMan with a little dignity. I like the fact that he didn't throw the guy completely under the bus. Add to that the fact that he is taking the team leadership role on this whole issue speaks volumes for any QB much less a guy who has yet to play a full season.

respect to VY for showing some class. he just has a roundabout way of wording things when he has an armada of microphones in his face.

Leadership is soooooo overrated.

Signed,

Texans Talk

p.s. I agree with you, but think that Young realizes what a big part Pacman played in his success last year. Contrary to legend, popular opinion, and love letters from flaming meatball fans, VY did not win all those games by his lonesome. As a matter-of-fact, Pacman was as a big of a component as anyone on that team for their success last year (although I will not be surprised if an inbred fan tries to tell us that it was Young's inspiration that spurred Pacman to play great).

Young is one of those players that you can't help but like, in spite of the hatred for our division rival. Sort of like hating the Cowboys but liking Aikman, Smith, Moose, etc., back in the day.

Texan_Bill
06-22-2007, 04:34 PM
People are quick to give Vince Young all the credit for the wins, but players like Pacman were putting him in position to win. Jones had two fourth quarter interceptions in the Titan's 21-0 comeback against the New York Giants to win in overtime 24-21. Without Pacman for this upcoming year, the Titans could have some trouble on defense.
Link to Full Story (http://media.www.theracquet.net/media/storage/paper978/news/2007/04/18/Sports/Sports.Speaks.Game.Over.For.pacman-2847236.shtml)

Specnatz
06-22-2007, 05:00 PM
Link to Full Story (http://media.www.theracquet.net/media/storage/paper978/news/2007/04/18/Sports/Sports.Speaks.Game.Over.For.pacman-2847236.shtml)

Jared Aeschbach please mix in a paragraph once in a while.

Texan_Bill
06-22-2007, 05:05 PM
Jared Aeschbach please mix in a paragraph once in a while.

Right... That was kind of a tough read.

ChildressTitanMan
06-22-2007, 05:53 PM
p.s. I agree with you, but think that Young realizes what a big part Pacman played in his success last year. Contrary to legend, popular opinion, and love letters from flaming meatball fans, VY did not win all those games by his lonesome. As a matter-of-fact, Pacman was as a big of a component as anyone on that team for their success last year (although I will not be surprised if an inbred fan tries to tell us that it was Young's inspiration that spurred Pacman to play great).

I'm absolutely gutted that we've lost such a talented player.Skills like his don't come around very often but he won't be remembered for them.

wtf is it with him & strip joints? Dear Mr Jones,thanks for enlightening me on the meaning of making it rain.:brickwall:

Texan_Bill
06-26-2007, 01:05 PM
I agree with you, but think that Young realizes what a big part Pacman played in his success last year. Contrary to legend, popular opinion, and love letters from flaming meatball fans, VY did not win all those games by his lonesome. As a matter-of-fact, Pacman was as a big of a component as anyone on that team for their success last year (although I will not be surprised if an inbred fan tries to tell us that it was Young's inspiration that spurred Pacman to play great)..

We can play 6 degrees of separation with a) the city of Houston, and b) Young inspiring c) Jones....

Vince Young----------->Houston
Houston----------->Topless Bars
Topless Bars----------->Pac-man Jones

Second Honeymoon
06-26-2007, 05:25 PM
I'm absolutely gutted that we've lost such a talented player.Skills like his don't come around very often but he won't be remembered for them.

wtf is it with him & strip joints? Dear Mr Jones,thanks for enlightening me on the meaning of making it rain.:brickwall:

I would be too. I would be too. Say what you want, but the guy really played a good brand of football.

Blazing Arrow
06-26-2007, 06:21 PM
I would be too. I would be too. Say what you want, but the guy really played a good brand of football.

Pac completely owned Eli Manning when they played last season....

TEXANS84
06-26-2007, 08:53 PM
It's almost like you lost two positions with PacMan.

One, obviously as a cornerback, and two as a special teams returner.

Not a knock here, but definitley a blow to the Titans.

Double Barrel
06-27-2007, 01:32 PM
Man, I'd be hating Pacman if I was a Titans fan. To have that kind of elite talent but blow it for stupid stuff is a damn shame. He's had an opportunity that a micro-percentage of athletes get, yet he does not seem to cherish it accordingly.

It's really too bad, because as an NFL fan, he's fun to watch. Obviously, my feelings as a Texans fan are one of relief that we don't have to worry about him this year.

Texan_Bill
06-27-2007, 04:05 PM
To add insult to injury, the third way the Tinnbreads get hurt is they still have to count his salary towards the cap... OUCH!

ChildressTitanMan
06-29-2007, 05:59 AM
To add insult to injury, the third way the Tinnbreads get hurt is they still have to count his salary towards the cap... OUCH!

Even better,we plan to sign him to an $8 mill extension next year & then cut him to take a bigger hit.:gun:

Texan_Bill
06-29-2007, 08:38 AM
Even better,we plan to sign him to an $8 mill extension next year & then cut him to take a bigger hit.:gun:

LMAO.... Nice.

Specnatz
06-29-2007, 12:35 PM

He needs the money for his new ride.

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o195/Specnatz/pacmobile.jpg

ChildressTitanMan
06-29-2007, 02:11 PM
I believe that picture was taken outside Goodell's office earlier this month.:yap

Texan_Bill
06-29-2007, 02:17 PM
Really....?!??!?

That lot looks like the valet parking area at the The Mens Club.... :hmmm:

Blazing Arrow
06-29-2007, 02:25 PM
Really....?!??!?

That lot looks like the valet parking area at the The Mens Club.... :hmmm:

Obviously not, there is no wind shield in case it "rains".

Texan_Bill
06-29-2007, 02:48 PM
Obviously not, there is no wind shield in case it "rains".

NICE!!!

brakos82
06-29-2007, 02:50 PM
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm

Texan_Bill
06-29-2007, 03:01 PM
That mutha-******** ****** is funny, everytime I watch that mutha-********er...... (Bleep) the commisioner...