PDA

View Full Version : Philly Inquirer recent story on Schaub

nunusguy
05-21-2007, 12:50 PM
"His overall field presence is probably why Houston went after him," former East coach Joe Carroll said. "He's a very smart quarterback who learned a lot in high school, but really developed in his junior year at Virginia. . . .
"Becoming an NFL quarterback is a long-held dream for Schaub, 26, who recently moved into a house in the Houston area and is planning to get married in February"
"I remember playing peewee football at seven or eight and wanting to be a pro quarterback," he said. "Everyone has those dreams when you're that old, but as I got older, I realized it was a possibility. I formulated that into a goal, and now it's become a reality for me."
http://www.philly.com/inquirer/local/pa/chester/hs_sports/7568047.html

V Man
05-21-2007, 01:32 PM
Nice read, Thanks

Overalls
05-21-2007, 01:39 PM
Thanks for the find.

Double Barrel
05-21-2007, 02:06 PM
Thanks for posting. I like Schaub's work ethic and dedication towards his craft. These qualities in and of themselves won't make you an elite QB, but they do provide a solid foundation in that regard.

TEXANS84
05-21-2007, 02:49 PM
I like the part where they talk about how he has command over all the players in the huddle. Thats nice, and actually refreshing because we've never had that before.

HuttoKarl
05-21-2007, 03:00 PM
I like the part where they talk about how he has command over all the players in the huddle. Thats nice, and actually refreshing because we've never had that before.

What is "command over all the players in the huddle"? Never heard of it.

Sincerely,
David Carr

infantrycak
05-21-2007, 03:14 PM
Here is another article--Link (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=ApbbtsNWBxroqFDxFiglTdaH2bYF?slug=ap-schaubstexans&prov=ap&type=lgns)

Schaub already looks comfortable with Johnson, who had a career-best 103 receptions last season. That is likely thanks to more than a dozen offseason workouts together.

"We were throwing just about two or three times a week," Johnson said. "We were going out and just going through the routes and things like that, just trying to get the timing down. I think it was important to all of us."

Good to hear.

real
05-21-2007, 03:17 PM
What is "command over all the players in the huddle"? Never heard of it.

Sincerely,
David Carr

QB's don't freakin need command to be successful!

yours truly,

Hulk75

TEXANSTAILGATER
05-21-2007, 03:21 PM
That was a good story. I have been wearing my Schaub #8 jersey for several weeks now.

A cop said "Even Charles Schwab can't help the Texans."

A high school kid asked me why I have a David carr jersey with "schwab" on it, too.

Its gonna take a while...

powerfuldragon
05-21-2007, 03:29 PM
Hulk75
oh man... i almost miss having that dullard around.

Honoring Earl 34
05-21-2007, 03:44 PM

yours truly,

Hulk75

He's right you know .

QB75

real
05-21-2007, 03:46 PM
He's right you know .

QB75

lol...

Second Honeymoon
05-21-2007, 03:47 PM
He's right you know .

QB75

It's everyone else's fault. Carr is God.

Signed,

SES Super 'Genius'

Silver Oak
05-21-2007, 03:53 PM

yours truly,

Hulk75

Kick a man when he's down.

Sincerely,
Adam "Pac Man" Jones

Second Honeymoon
05-21-2007, 03:53 PM
Here is another article--Link (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=ApbbtsNWBxroqFDxFiglTdaH2bYF?slug=ap-schaubstexans&prov=ap&type=lgns)

Good to hear.

As recently as a year ago, I used to get slammed for blaming our former QB's work ethic, his lack of effort in being 'one of the guys' and his insufficient work with with his teammates outside of practice. Glad to see that people are coming around to realizing that was a big problem with our former QB.

It seems to me that Schaub is willing to do the little things that show dedication and love for the game. Schaub loves to play football and isn't happy just cashing fat checks. He wants to improve, lead this team to bigger and better things, and wants to do the work to be the best he can be. I get no sense that Schaub is a primadonna and that is a breath of fresh air for the whole franchise. Salutations Schaub.

Double Barrel
05-21-2007, 04:03 PM
oh man... i almost miss having that dullard around.

yeah, he was a real Texans fan.................as long as David was on the team! :user:

Honoring Earl 34
05-21-2007, 04:06 PM
yeah, he was a real Texans fan.................as long as David was on the team! :user:

I think Hulk is now 8westcoastpantherfan8 .

Here's a Hulk quote just for you second honeymoon .

so teams are supposed ti hit and never miss on draft picks, no matter what round they get them in. Slow the bust train down I HATE that word when refering to players, thses guys can all play better then me, and they dont decide were they get drafted. If he was a 5 rd pick you would have no problem with what he is doing now.

Second Honeymoon
05-21-2007, 04:21 PM

Here's a Hulk quote just for you second honeymoon .

so teams are supposed ti hit and never miss on draft picks, no matter what round they get them in. Slow the bust train down I HATE that word when refering to players, thses guys can all play better then me, and they dont decide were they get drafted. If he was a 5 rd pick you would have no problem with what he is doing now.

was that an old quote from our board or a new excuse err quote from the panthers board? anywho, I am trying to abstain from sullying our MB with our former QBs name so I will just merely laugh and say 'par for the course' from the Hulkster.. and...maybe he can find a nice spot on a Carolina beach to further bury his head in the sand in. I hear Myrtle is really nice....

Second Honeymoon
05-21-2007, 04:24 PM

ugh, a Boozer signature from a Texans fan? i never thought i would see the day. OT - that dude looked like the reincarnation of 76era Charles Barkley with his performance against the Rockets. He has really worked on his game the last couple years. Power, finesse, heart, intelligence, skill, but he is still a member of the Jazz.....if he wasn't on the Jazz he would be one of my favorite players in the whole league.

Honoring Earl 34
05-21-2007, 04:30 PM
I was bored one day so I looked at the Panther's board . That's where I read several familiar names and spatting .

They had a guy ... a Carolina fan from Texas saying if you think Carr is going to unseat Delhomme your kidding yourself . This guy 8westcoastpanther8 posted and I thought ... hmmm .... where have I seen this ... Carr is a victim ?

Second Honeymoon
05-21-2007, 04:33 PM
I was bored one day so I looked at the Panther's board . That's where I read several familiar names and spatting .

They had a guy ... a Carolina fan from Texas saying if you think Carr is going to unseat Delhomme your kidding yourself . This guy 8westcoastpanther8 posted and I thought ... hmmm .... where have I seen this ... Carr is a victim ?

Translation: I was trolling on the Panthers board the other day and was looking for the Carr disciples.

haha...jk man....just 'having a laugh'...its all good :)

Honoring Earl 34
05-21-2007, 04:48 PM
Translation: I was trolling on the Panthers board the other day and was looking for the Carr disciples.

haha...jk man....just 'having a laugh'...its all good :)

I just read ... did'nt troll or even join .

Double Barrel
05-21-2007, 04:58 PM
"His overall field presence is probably why Houston went after him," former East coach Joe Carroll said. "He's a very smart quarterback who learned a lot in high school, but really developed in his junior year at Virginia. . . .
"Becoming an NFL quarterback is a long-held dream for Schaub, 26, who recently moved into a house in the Houston area and is planning to get married in February"
"I remember playing peewee football at seven or eight and wanting to be a pro quarterback," he said. "Everyone has those dreams when you're that old, but as I got older, I realized it was a possibility. I formulated that into a goal, and now it's become a reality for me."
http://www.philly.com/inquirer/local/pa/chester/hs_sports/7568047.html

*AHEM* Back on topic.... :shades:

Second Honeymoon
05-21-2007, 05:12 PM
*AHEM* Back on topic.... :shades:

Yup, Schaub looks great and the word on the street is that he is a good teammate and is getting to know his fellow Texans and how to work with them the best.

We need more video from the OTAs....i need my football fix

Honoring Earl 34
05-21-2007, 05:45 PM
I think with Schaub as with every player they bring in ... there's an intangible factor , hope it works ... really quick ... like yesterday .

I think the Texans have some major pieces to the puzzle . I think in the past they settled for to little ... that's why I think they want guys like Schaub or Jacoby Jones who are hungry to be a starter .

hollywood_texan
05-21-2007, 06:27 PM

Just checked it out on the Panthers board. That has got to be Hulk.

I know I need to get a bit of grip, but he is going to lose it soon.

As for Schuab, time will tell...

One thing seems certain to me, Schuab will take complete responsibility for the success or failures of the offense no matter what.

TexansSeminole
05-21-2007, 07:11 PM
Just checked it out on the Panthers board. That has got to be Hulk.
If you look at his posts on the panther's board it is pretty obvious.

One thing seems certain to me, Schuab will take complete responsibility for the success or failures of the offense no matter what.
Yea, it's great because you can already tell he is forming relationships with our players that seems to supersede that of our former QB. Strong relationships are important when dealing with mistakes; the blame game does not come into effect quite as often.

aj.
05-21-2007, 07:21 PM
Hopefully, someone has dropped a "how's it going Hulk?" reference over there by now...

hollywood_texan
05-21-2007, 07:28 PM
Hopefully, someone has dropped a "how's it going Hulk?" reference over there by now...

Yep, he has already been called out.

Here is the thread, http://www.panthersfanz.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10436&st=0

rhc564 posted in the thread as follows:

"Carr has a brother that went by the handle (among others) Hulk75 on the Texans board. He was very obnoxious and used the 'hate' word toward any poster that said a negative about his brother. He constantly bragged about his 'inside' info from around the NFL and -for example-assurred the Texan board that Carr wasn't going anywhere, eventhough there were 20 teams knocking on his door...his 'rhetoric' was almost verbatim that of this poster."

Overalls
05-21-2007, 07:31 PM
Hey Hollywood Texan, I just joined that board myself to see what was up. Haven't got my confirmation notice yet, but should be a fun place to Troll when the season starts.:user:

hollywood_texan
05-21-2007, 08:00 PM
Hey Hollywood Texan, I just joined that board myself to see what was up. Haven't got my confirmation notice yet, but should be a fun place to Troll when the season starts.:user:

Yeah, my purpose is mainly to lurk and maybe throw a jab at Hulk...

NitroGSXR
05-21-2007, 09:12 PM
C'mon guys. Let's stick to the Texans. Hulk is gone and if he's a Texans fan then by all means, he'd be welcome on the boards. I read his posts for a year and am fully aware of how strong he can come across but back to Matt Schaub...

I especially loved the second article that Infantrycak posted. The first one is just stating stuff that I'd already heard. In other words, no news. The second... I just loved reading this part...
Schaub already looks comfortable with Johnson, who had a career-best 103 receptions last season. That is likely thanks to more than a dozen offseason workouts together.

"We were throwing just about two or three times a week," Johnson said. "We were going out and just going through the routes and things like that, just trying to get the timing down. I think it was important to all of us."
The bolded section is what arrested my attention. They've been working out? Where? When? With coaching? I'm just loving the idea that they're working on developing a rhythm between the two of them outside of their contractual obligations. Of course, I'm just assuming because OTAs only covered three days and they're dong this two or three times a week? I figure a dozen workouts at 3 times a week is over the course of a month. I love it.

Trap_Star
05-21-2007, 09:23 PM
Yep, he has already been called out.

Here is the thread, http://www.panthersfanz.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10436&st=0

rhc564 posted in the thread as follows:

"Carr has a brother that went by the handle (among others) Hulk75 on the Texans board. He was very obnoxious and used the 'hate' word toward any poster that said a negative about his brother. He constantly bragged about his 'inside' info from around the NFL and -for example-assurred the Texan board that Carr wasn't going anywhere, eventhough there were 20 teams knocking on his door...his 'rhetoric' was almost verbatim that of this poster."

im convinced that rhc564 is somebody from this board....:shades:

Honoring Earl 34
05-21-2007, 10:13 PM
Back to Schaub ... he is doing everything right so far but when the whistle blows he's got to perform all the leadership stuff loses some value .

I'm not trying to be a downer ... I'm just hoping that it all comes together .

MEGA SWATT
05-25-2007, 12:45 AM
interesting thread about the hulk75:pirate: