PDA

View Full Version : Kubiak comments on DLine plans after first OTA

nunusguy
05-17-2007, 12:39 PM
Despite injury, Williams was shuffled along the defensive line in 2006 to capitalize on his athleticism. In the process, Williams became good at several spots, but not great at any. Perhaps it’s for that reason that Williams will find himself solely at right defensive end in 2007.

“We would like to settle Mario down,” Kubiak said Wednesday. “Mario is going to work on the right exclusively at this point right now.
“With us acquiring Amobi (Okoye) then that lets (Anthony) Weaver play outside, so we feel like with Jason (Babin), Weav and Mario, we’ve got guys that can play outside.

“We want to keep Mario in one spot, we want to do that through OTAs. We’ll always do what’s best for our football team, but right now what’s best for Mario is that he stays in one spot.”
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=3353

real
05-17-2007, 12:42 PM
Pretty much what I expected...

kiwitexansfan
05-17-2007, 12:50 PM
I think that is the fairest thing for Mario too while he still learns and develops as a player.

If he grows into the player we all hope he does, I can see him being used differently in the future but till he matures and gains experience just let him learn one spot, turn him loose and watch the havok that follows.

:d: :d:

badboy
05-17-2007, 02:31 PM
Gosh, we just might have to come up with a nickname for our defense. How about "Quicksand". We are going to take you down!

BattleRedToro
05-19-2007, 10:05 AM
With Mario as the Right Defensive End that would mean that we would not likely see him lineup next to Okoye. That is unless the Texans decide to run alot of 4-3/Under alignments.