PDA

View Full Version : Faneca Unhappy ...

Scooter
05-12-2007, 06:27 AM
it seems alan faneca isnt happy with the direction of the steelers and apparently feels slighted. if offensive linemen were an option, faneca should've been the superbowl MVP and is the dominant force behind pittburgh's attack. if the steelers are silly enough to let him go, faneca would likely be the biggest free agent of the 08 offseason. since alan says now that he wont be playing for the steelers after this season (and has been wanting to be traded since february), there are sure to be several teams already licking their chops. i hope the texans are one of them. with those statements, the steelers are probably hoping to get something for faneca before the trade deadline ... what would it take to acquire his talent? we're not in the greatest situation to get him nomatter when he leaves because we have very little to trade, and arent the sexiest market for free agency ... but faneca could instantly change the performance and image of our offense.

i love texanstalk, this link was taken from the main page.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-steelers-faneca&prov=ap&type=lgns

whiskeyrbl
05-12-2007, 06:38 AM
I'm not sure what it would take in a trade, but I'm almost positive whatever it is we could not do it. However if he were to wait till next year and test FA we will have plenty of cap room to peek his interest I believe.:texflag:

MightyTExan
05-12-2007, 08:16 AM
I thought he wanted to go with his coaches to Arizona?

HARRYJ
05-12-2007, 10:15 AM
I thought he wanted to go with his coaches to Arizona?

That is what I'm hearing also.

PapaL
05-12-2007, 12:17 PM
The player really has no say in any of this, short of retiring of course. PIT could just franchise him next year and the year after.

HARRYJ
05-12-2007, 12:27 PM
That doesn't always work now that agents like Rosenhaus (sp) are calling the shots.

PapaL
05-12-2007, 12:32 PM
That doesn't always work now that agents like Rosenhaus (sp) are calling the shots.

Sure it does. Teams need to start calling that clown out.

Its a contract, you dont show/play - you dont get paid. So they threaten to sit out until the last few games to get credit for that year (which the NFL should change that rule), fine repeat it again next year.

HARRYJ
05-12-2007, 01:09 PM
I'm with ya, I just sayin'.......................................

Honoring Earl 34
05-12-2007, 01:14 PM
I'd offer a 4th for him or better yet Travis Johnson .

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/12358