PDA

View Full Version : Poor Little David is Finally Having Fun

the wonger need food
05-06-2007, 10:34 PM
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/4780266.html

"As far as the talent on this team, it's something I haven't been around. It's fun for me, just coming out here and playing with a group, both offensively and defensively, that has (so) much skill."

I hope this article is posted in the Texans locker room.

Specnatz
05-06-2007, 10:46 PM
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/4780266.html

"As far as the talent on this team, it's something I haven't been around. It's fun for me, just coming out here and playing with a group, both offensively and defensively, that has (so) much skill."

I hope this article is posted in the Texans locker room.

A backup making these kinds of comments abot a team even if it is his old team is not a good thing. I am sure Delhommewill be thrilled when Mario, Amobi-Wan and Weaver on in his grill all game long.

Delhomme Gets to the sidelines after being sacked....

Jake: Carr, thanks for nothing man.
Carr: For what, I am not out there playing.
Jake: You should not bad mouth a team.
Carr: But they sucked last year.
Jake: Yeah you were on the team.

:texflag: :d:

HARRYJ
05-06-2007, 10:58 PM
The Texan fans have been bad-mouthing him for 5 years! He will forget about you in time! You're saying that there wasn't a lack of talent on the Texans over that time period and he is saying something unreasonable?

swtbound07
05-06-2007, 11:03 PM
our lack of talent was at the QB position...he needs to shut the hell up, its not like he was peyton manning or anything.

Honoring Earl 34
05-06-2007, 11:03 PM
What we're saying is :potkettle: .

swtbound07
05-06-2007, 11:05 PM
you know, that article kind of puts exactly the right feel on david carr. He isn't hungry. He is content to be a BACKUP. How can you not be striving to be a starter...how can you suggest that you need a break from your job? You got no desire...no fire...nothing internally driving you to be great...which is why you weren't. Good riddance. Anybody thinking he is gonna press Delhomme for a job is delusional

HARRYJ
05-06-2007, 11:06 PM
They shove a mic in his face and what would you have him say, It's just like Houston here! You guys gotta get over it! He was a part of your massive problem but not all of it! I suspect the proof of that will be your record this year.

Hervoyel
05-06-2007, 11:09 PM
The Texans fans have not been bad-mouthing him for five years. Texans fans were generally supportive of Carr until the 2005 season blew up in their faces. Some Texans fans were displeased with him before that time and some of them were vocal about it. Out of that group you had people who expected him to put the team on his shoulders in 2002 and take us to the playoffs and people who pointed out things about his game that gave them cause for concern. The first group hadn't a clue and the second have been pretty much proved correct.

This season, with someone other than David Carr taking the snaps we'll see if what proves to be essentially the same offense stalls like it did a year ago or starts to move forward. My money's on visible improvement and an increase in W's.

I think that "good" feeling that David is getting from being in Carolina is just the relief from knowing that he's not going to have the kind of pressure a starter gets on his shoulders. He should get used to the feeling because he's going get all of that good stuff he wants.

Wolf
05-06-2007, 11:22 PM
heck even sharper had comments about the Texans and always losing
not getting on TV etc. etc... If i am not mistaken Glenn/Coleman (one of them made a comment about Texans and their losing ways.

I don't worry about it now, we are going through a new direction and I am excited

HARRYJ
05-06-2007, 11:27 PM
heck even sharper had comments about the Texans and always losing
not getting on TV etc. etc... If i am not mistaken Glenn/Coleman (one of them made a comment about Texans and their losing ways.

I don't worry about it now, we are going through a new direction and I am excited

As you should be! Those that dwell too much on the past are doomed to repeat it and I'm sure none of you want that!

Double Barrel
05-06-2007, 11:36 PM
David is a nice guy. I'm just glad he's having fun. :dancing:

Il_Bruno
05-06-2007, 11:46 PM
you know, that article kind of puts exactly the right feel on david carr. He isn't hungry. He is content to be a BACKUP. How can you not be striving to be a starter...how can you suggest that you need a break from your job? You got no desire...no fire...nothing internally driving you to be great...which is why you weren't. Good riddance. Anybody thinking he is gonna press Delhomme for a job is delusional

he wasnt hungry because he had a boatload of Bob McNair's money in his account.

Some people have that natural fire, while some others are in it for their next paycheck. He was the type of guy that looked like he lacked the "natural" fire and he's already financially set for life. what do you expect?

and harry, its pretty much agreed that he was a problem but not the only one. Some people like to pin it all on him and thats not fair at all IMO. He's in the past now, so good bye and good luck carr. Why cant we just leave it at that?

Kaiser Toro
05-06-2007, 11:47 PM
The guy does not understand the business of professional football at all or he is just going for a free ride. His contract was a huge part of our problem. He did not want to renegotiate because he could care less about winning and more about getting paid.

I hope he gets in during Carrbage time and we ring his bell just like he rang ours for the last five years.

HARRYJ
05-06-2007, 11:49 PM
So much for leaving it at that!:user:

Il_Bruno
05-06-2007, 11:59 PM
eh, i tried. You gotta give him one thing and that its he's tough. I doubt one of our guys hitting him would do it in for him, considering he's been pretty good friends with mr freeney during his time here.

TexanSam
05-07-2007, 12:29 AM
I'm still rooting for the guy.

Vinny
05-07-2007, 12:40 AM
They shove a mic in his face and what would you have him say, It's just like Houston here! You guys gotta get over it! He was a part of your massive problem but not all of it! I suspect the proof of that will be your record this year.
We don't have to get over anything...we are football fans. I'm still not over the Oilers blowing the Mo Towns pick in the 1970's and I'm not over losing to Buffalo in the playoffs. Don't you have your own issues to get over?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v161/SteelBlue/151o.gif

powerfuldragon
05-07-2007, 12:44 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v161/SteelBlue/151o.gif

gutted.

Goldensilence
05-07-2007, 01:01 AM
I don't really disagree with some of the statements. The lack of talent was pretty obvious to most people. I'm not saying he wasn't a part of it. But throwing a rookie QB into an expansion team is never a good idea in my book.

I don't think it's quite fair(or smart) to give someone a box of slightly melted crayons and expect them to paint a Rembrandt masterpiece.

To be honest he's been given a new slate and an oppurtunity to be on what should be a playoff team next year. Regaurdless of whether you are starting or not that has to bea nice feeling to know you're on a contending team. I think he's also gotta be excited about his future with that team and what the backup role there could turn into for him. I'll quietly cheer for him until he plays the Texans then all bets are off.

Stoked about this season and its prospects.

Vinny
05-07-2007, 01:06 AM
I don't really disagree with some of the statements. The lack of talent was pretty obvious to most people. I'm not saying he wasn't a part of it. But throwing a rookie QB into an expansion team is never a good idea in my book.

I don't think it's quite fair(or smart) to give someone a box of slightly melted crayons and expect them to paint a Rembrandt masterpiece.

To be honest he's been given a new slate and an oppurtunity to be on what should be a playoff team next year. Regaurdless of whether you are starting or not that has to bea nice feeling to know you're on a contending team. I think he's also gotta be excited about his future with that team and what the backup role there could turn into for him. I'll quietly cheer for him until he plays the Texans then all bets are off.

Stoked about this season and its prospects.
The Panther o line isn't any better than the Texans line....Steve Smith isn't so much better than Andre that it's a joke and the Panthers have no TE and a rookie WR2. Carr isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer making these comments about a team he plays in week 2. In case anyone missed it...we cut Carr....'cause nobody would trade for him. He was a big part of the problem last year. I hope we trash the Panthers and their new "glad to be a back up" QB Carr and make his new team eat his words.

awtysst
05-07-2007, 01:23 AM
I have a feeling that the NFL will really see what Carr is made of this season. I have a feeling that Carr will look great in preseaon(against 2nd team D's) and he will replace Delhomme as the starter (possibly as early as game 2). He will then struggle in Carolina just like he struggled in Htown. The only thing that seperates us from the Panthers is their D is better than ours and they have a better group of running backs. Their Oline is still holding them back and I believe that Carr will be sacked a lot when he gets in there.

TexansLucky13
05-07-2007, 01:25 AM
The guy does not understand the business of professional football at all or he is just going for a free ride. His contract was a huge part of our problem. He did not want to renegotiate because he could care less about winning and more about getting paid.

I hope he gets in during Carrbage time and we ring his bell just like he rang ours for the last five years.

I see that your negative energy is still focused on Carr. Not surprised. But what will happen when that is no longer the case? Such anger and frustration could be dangerous. These things lead to the Dark side.

On the other hand, surely you will find a new scapegoat to step on sooner than later. I am sure of it!

Goldensilence
05-07-2007, 01:25 AM
The Panther o line isn't any better than the Texans line....Steve Smith isn't so much better than Andre that it's a joke and the Panthers have no TE and a rookie WR2. Carr isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer making these comments about a team he plays in week 2. In case anyone missed it...we cut Carr....'cause nobody would trade for him. He was a big part of the problem last year.

I never said he'd step in there and set the world on fire. I think Delhomme will bounce back after last year and yeah Carr could use the tutelage that i don't think anyone, including himself, would disagree with.

No the online isn't much better but i'l lbet they still gave Delhomme better protection and produced a better running game. Agreed on the Smtih line and we're starting a guy at WR2 that has potential but relatively unproven. I see some Ed McCaffery in Walters though. Carolina has been more historically a ru nfirst to set up the pass...like msot teams and i think they'll have a healthy DeShaun Foster and DeAngelo Williams, which IMO will be interesting.I think we could've gotten something in the later portion of the draft for Carr but i think in the end McNair did a classy thing and just outright cut him instead allowing the situation to simmer here.

For those bottomlining everything. They finished with a better record then us even with Chris Weinke starting.

I will say even before any comments(though i think they are getting blown out of proportion here) is irrelevant because either way Schaub prolly wants to prove we made the right call in trading for him( i think we have) and the entire roster should be fired up to face them as well.

awtysst
05-07-2007, 01:38 AM
I never said he'd step in there and set the world on fire. I think Delhomme will bounce back after last year and yeah Carr could use the tutelage that i don't think anyone, including himself, would disagree with.

No the online isn't much better but i'l lbet they still gave Delhomme better protection and produced a better running game. Agreed on the Smtih line and we're starting a guy at WR2 that has potential but relatively unproven. I see some Ed McCaffery in Walters though. Carolina has been more historically a ru nfirst to set up the pass...like msot teams and i think they'll have a healthy DeShaun Foster and DeAngelo Williams, which IMO will be interesting.I think we could've gotten something in the later portion of the draft for Carr but i think in the end McNair did a classy thing and just outright cut him instead allowing the situation to simmer here.

For those bottomlining everything. They finished with a better record then us even with Chris Weinke starting.

I will say even before any comments(though i think they are getting blown out of proportion here) is irrelevant because either way Schaub prolly wants to prove we made the right call in trading for him( i think we have) and the entire roster should be fired up to face them as well.

Lets also remember that Carolina had a better D than us last year too. I mean how many times were we leading or in the game only to have the D fall apart at the end? Both Titans games, Giants, and Bills? Thats 4 games. If our D can hold on and win half of those we go from 6-10 to 8-8(which is what Carolina finished with).

HARRYJ
05-07-2007, 05:38 AM
The Panther o line isn't any better than the Texans line....Steve Smith isn't so much better than Andre that it's a joke and the Panthers have no TE and a rookie WR2. Carr isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer making these comments about a team he plays in week 2. In case anyone missed it...we cut Carr....'cause nobody would trade for him. He was a big part of the problem last year. I hope we trash the Panthers and their new "glad to be a back up" QB Carr and make his new team eat his words.

Isn't this "another" Carr thread? LMAO, some around here have to get over it! The Texans have a new guy to throw to the wolves!:)

Kaiser Toro
05-07-2007, 07:55 AM
I see that your negative energy is still focused on Carr. Not surprised. But what will happen when that is no longer the case? Such anger and frustration could be dangerous. These things lead to the Dark side.

On the other hand, surely you will find a new scapegoat to step on sooner than later. I am sure of it!

Wasn't negative energy fixated on the opponent in competitive sports begun in College Station? I suppose instead of hulla balloo redneck redneck we will hear cumbaya in the stands during football games this year, no? :potkettle:

I have not negative energy, just observations about negative play and allocated funds that wound up being dumped. Your negativity towards a fellow fan is the lasting issue. But then again it is expected as the brain washing is still in its infantile stages.

Kaiser Toro
05-07-2007, 07:57 AM
Isn't this "another" Carr thread? LMAO, some around here have to get over it! The Texans have a new guy to throw to the wolves!:)

Eagles fans did a great job of getting over Terrell Owens.

aj.
05-07-2007, 08:03 AM
hulla balloo redneck redneck .

Are you trying to be funny?

Kaiser Toro
05-07-2007, 08:05 AM
Are you trying to be funny?

No, I actually chuckled when I thought of it.

aj.
05-07-2007, 08:08 AM
Fits....

You, not them.

Kaiser Toro
05-07-2007, 08:13 AM
Fits....

You, not them.

Nice jab with no oomph behind it. TL13 and I have been going after each other for quite sometime.

I like Aggies and married one. I have promoted three off of my team this past Friday (went to one of their houses for a BBQ this weekend in Taylor) and seek them out in our workgroup as they drive for results and scale quite nicely. But you knew that about me.

Mr. White
05-07-2007, 08:17 AM
As you should be! Those that dwell too much on the past are doomed to repeat it and I'm sure none of you want that!

In general, I would agree, but not here. That doesn't apply to spectators.

TexansLucky13
05-07-2007, 10:26 AM
Wasn't negative energy fixated on the opponent in competitive sports begun in College Station? I suppose instead of hulla balloo redneck redneck we will hear cumbaya in the stands during football games this year, no? :potkettle:

I have not negative energy, just observations about negative play and allocated funds that wound up being dumped. Your negativity towards a fellow fan is the lasting issue. But then again it is expected as the brain washing is still in its infantile stages.

Your response has reflected your personality quite accurately. Congratulations.

Oh, and I suppose while we are playing these childish games.... 12-7.

Texans_Chick
05-07-2007, 10:39 AM
My thoughts on this as represented at the FanHouse:

David Carr: Happy as a Backup or Bulletin Board Killer? (http://www.aolsportsblog.com/2007/05/07/david-carr-happy-as-a-backup-or-bulletin-board-killer/)

Some people might think calling your former team untalented is kind of stupid given that the Panthers play the Texans during week 2. Nope, it's brilliant! What better way to knock Jake Delhomme out of the starting quarterback job than to get the Texans amped up to destroy him early in the season? See, David Carr isn't just happy to spending the prime age of his career on the bench counting all the money he got from the Texans over the years. Rather, he is engaged in a sneaky plot to get Delhomme killed.

Just! Having! Fun!

:texans chick:

FirstTexansFan
05-07-2007, 11:47 AM
KT tsk tsk, don't paint all of us with that broad brush :) I've always enjoyed your postings, biting sarcasim at it's finest. Besides, I made a public apology for my support of David Carr, can I get a little sympathy for my ignorant sheepish ways? <grin>

disaacks3
05-07-2007, 11:51 AM
The venom being spewed in this thread is overwhelming!

IMHO - Carr stepped over the line, but not by much. Anybody expecting him to sing the praises of an O-Line that had him running for his life every week is nuts.

This may be the first non-classy thing that Carr's done in his career, but you know why it stings? It stings because it's accurate. Maybe not "Dead-On", but close enough.

The Texans didn't have to pay him that bonus, but they did, he's under NO obligation in my book to renegotiate anything. Despite claims to the contrary in this thread, PLENTY of teams wanted to trade for Carr, but only IF we could get that contact lowered. Saying nobody wanted that 8 mil around their neck is accurate, saying nobody wanted Carr isn't.

Porky
05-07-2007, 12:13 PM
I'm ready to pitch in to buy him a security blanket and a binky. He needs the binky bad since he has done nothing but suck his entire career.

Please, if there is a football God somewhere, please let lil Davey be the starter in week 2. We'll show his little weak ass what lack of talent looks like. Of course, he already knows that. He sees it everytime he looks in the mirror and combs his golden locks.

Come on Mario, Demeco, and the rest. Let's show the Golden boy what a lack of talent looks like. :bat:

Texan_Bill
05-07-2007, 12:17 PM
Someone help me, please. What did Carr say that was so inflamatory...??

The Carolina Panters had a disappointing season because they only went 8-8 last season.. The Texans had an improved season because we went 6-10. I would agree that the Panthers are more talented than the Texans right now.

Hopefully that changes.. But right now I would have to agree with him...

Specnatz
05-07-2007, 12:25 PM
My thoughts on this as represented at the FanHouse:

David Carr: Happy as a Backup or Bulletin Board Killer? (http://www.aolsportsblog.com/2007/05/07/david-carr-happy-as-a-backup-or-bulletin-board-killer/)

Just! Having! Fun!

:texans chick:

That is funny TC, great work as always.

I see we are right back where we were before the trading for Schaub. People are either on one side of the fence or the other. Does Carolina have a little bit more talent than the Texans, sure they got rid of Capers a long time ago and did not have Casserly screwing up the draft from 2002 until 2005.

But most of there Talent is on the defensive side of the ball, they had one probowl offensive player last year, Steve Smith. Despite Carrs dink and dumb passes AJ made the probowl for the second time. Carolina had two defensive players, Peppers and Jenkins, in the probowl.

To say that a team who beat the Colts has no talent is a big slap in the face, Carr could have easily said something different without being disrespectful. He has done it many times over the years, why could he not do it one more time.

To reitirrate, the line has not been the best in the NFL, but last year it was not the worst and not every sack that has ever happened to Carr was the O-lines fault. When it comes to the Texans you never hear about coverage sacks like you would if it was Payton Manning or Tom Brady. Also, there are some sacks that are completely the QBs fault. Carr is doing what so many other pro-athletes that we have all blasted in the past, not taking any of the blame for himself. It is like "Leon" saying it is the other players fault, so your four fumbles had nothing to do with the loss, not if one of the other guys would have jumbed on the ball. There is no "I" in team, and there is no "we" either.

So for people to jump on him for this, he brought it apon himself. Next time, he should keep his pie-hole shut if you do not want people to pile on him.

:texflag: :d: :fans:

Kaiser Toro
05-07-2007, 12:30 PM
Oh, and I suppose while we are playing these childish games.... 12-7.

That is actually not childish, but a result to be evaluated. Just like A&M's results against UT over the years, 36-73-5.

Carr is your guy and you fought for him tooth and nail on the message board and said some way out there stuff over the last year or so. Thankfully I have the right Aggie on my team's side, Kubiak. :pirate:

real
05-07-2007, 12:37 PM
Someone help me, please. What did Carr say that was so inflamatory...??

The Carolina Panters had a disappointing season because they only went 8-8 last season.. The Texans had an improved season because we went 6-10. I would agree that the Panthers are more talented than the Texans right now.

Hopefully that changes.. But right now I would have to agree with him...

I personally don't care what Carr says, thinks, or does...I'm just happy he's not a Texan...

But at the same time, I can understand people taking this as a slap...it's like a guy getting put out the house by his wife, meeting a new woman and saying I'm happy to finally be with someone pretty...Makes you sound like a brat...especially when you condider that the guy wasn't all that handsome himself...

TexansLucky13
05-07-2007, 12:45 PM
That is actually not childish, but a result to be evaluated. Just like A&M's results against UT over the years, 36-73-5.

Carr is your guy and you fought for him tooth and nail on the message board and said some way out there stuff over the last year or so. Thankfully I have the right Aggie on my team's side, Kubiak. :pirate:

I could just as easily point out another "result" of evaluation. The number of teasips I have met and/or had a conversation with who were not stuck-up a-holes who thought that they were better than everyone else: Zero

That's a fact, Jack. And I have met many a teasip, including yourself.

I trust Kubiak's judgment. If Carr wasn't the guy, I can accept that. But the fact is, Carr gave all he could to this team day in and day out. He survived the brutal first half decade of the Texans existence and he didn't throw anyone under the bus. You don't have to like David, but give respect where respect is due.

Texan_Bill
05-07-2007, 12:51 PM
I personally don't care what Carr says, thinks, or does...I'm just happy he's not a Texan...

But at the same time, I can understand people taking this as a slap...it's like a guy getting put out the house by his wife, meeting a new woman and saying I'm happy to finally be with someone pretty...Makes you sound like a brat...especially when you condider that the guy wasn't all that handsome himself...

I know what you are saying and in the past, we've had people leave "our teams" and say things that haven't sat well with me. This case doesn't fall into that situation (for me).

Thats not to say, that I hope he gets a chance to play against us, and we can put him in familiar postition - on his back...

Kaiser Toro
05-07-2007, 12:59 PM
I could just as easily point out another "result" of evaluation. The number of teasips I have met and/or had a conversation with who were not stuck-up a-holes who thought that they were better than everyone else: Zero

I trust Kubiak's judgment. If Carr wasn't the guy, I can accept that. But the fact is, Carr gave all he could to this team day in and day out. He survived the brutal first half decade of the Texans existence and he didn't throw anyone under the bus. You don't have to like David, but give respect where respect is due.

I must point it out again that I am not a T-sip nor have you ever met me, but that still does not matter to your obvious agenda.

For fans not in the know T-sip is what folks in a ~50 mile radius of Texas A&M refer to folks who went to the University of Texas.

Oh yes, David Carr still sucks.

Specnatz
05-07-2007, 01:05 PM
For fans not in the know T-sip is what folks in a ~50 mile radius of Texas A&M refer to folks who went to the University of Texas.

I live in Austin and call them that on occasson, when they tick me off with there attitude. Then again I went to UH, and no one ever talks bad about UH. Then again they do not talk about them at all.

Brando
05-07-2007, 01:05 PM
The Panthers have a real QB that has talent(Jake). Maybe that's what DC was referring to. He is not the starter for a reason. I hope he is by Week 2 though. We should have at least 6 sacks that game.:d:

jerek
05-07-2007, 01:12 PM
Dave gets no points in the class department for his remarks--and yes, he was a part of the problem last year--but can anyone really say they'd feel that differently going from the Texans to the Panthers? We're still bringing up the rear in terms of overall team talent.

Goldensilence
05-07-2007, 01:12 PM
Lets also remember that Carolina had a better D than us last year too. I mean how many times were we leading or in the game only to have the D fall apart at the end? Both Titans games, Giants, and Bills? Thats 4 games. If our D can hold on and win half of those we go from 6-10 to 8-8(which is what Carolina finished with).

Would've helped had we not had that "fumble" that was called on Jameel Cook in the Giants game. I've never been a huge Giants fan and that added to it. Also getting burned early in that Bills game hurt. I can never bring myself to like that team after well...the game. Also the way they treated Doug Flutie also showed what a classless, stupid franchise they are.

As far as what "side of the fence" i'm on with Carr...i have no loyalties there.IMO the results were a symptom of a larger problem then just him.

I definately think we put more pieces in the puzzle with this year's draft and FA season signings. It's looks like we're building something here and i think we have an expanding talent base to work with . We can look to build on ending last season with back to back victories.I hope Carr does play jsut because maybe it'd be enough closure to let some ofthe people here move on.

KT i do chuckle everytime an aggie brings up the "vaunted" 12-7 victory this past year. I just smirk, ask about the six years before and the last time they even sniffed a national title.

swtbound07
05-07-2007, 01:14 PM
I must point it out again that I am not a T-sip nor have you ever met me, but that still does not matter to your obvious agenda.

when reading this thread, i was going to make that exact same last point

infantrycak
05-07-2007, 01:16 PM
Wow--lot's of acrimony over a trivial comment. Stay classy Texans fans.

Kaiser Toro
05-07-2007, 01:18 PM

Just staying on topic and in the emotional parameters of the dialogue. ;)

swtbound07
05-07-2007, 01:18 PM
come on...to anybody who has spent any amount of time in college station, hulla baloo redneck redneck was funny. Nice hand sir.

Vinny
05-07-2007, 01:20 PM
Dave gets no points in the class department for his remarks--and yes, he was a part of the problem last year--but can anyone really say they'd feel that differently going from the Texans to the Panthers? We're still bringing up the rear in terms of overall team talent.
I would...but I am kinda a driven personality. I like to compete and it wouldn't please me to be forced out as a starting QB in the NFL...only one of 32 jobs in the world btw. Carr seems to cherish this back up role. Nothing wrong with that, more power to him, but glad he's gone. Football is an aggressive sport that is fueled by driven, competitive people....part of the reason I'm such a big fan of football and also part of the reason I'm not such a big fan of David Carr the football player. He accepted defeat like a comfortable tedy bear.

swtbound07
05-07-2007, 01:25 PM
I would...but I am kinda a driven personality. I like to compete and it wouldn't please me to be forced out as a starting QB in the NFL...only one of 32 jobs in the world btw. Carr seems to cherish this back up role. Nothing wrong with that, more power to him, but glad he's gone. Football is an aggressive sport that is fueled by driven, competitive people....part of the reason I'm such a big fan of football and also part of the reason I'm not such a big fan of David Carr the football player. He accepted defeat like a comfortable tedy bear.

thats not fair vin...there are only 32 #2 quarterback jobs in the NFL as well...just as exclusive. I fully expect him to join the even more exclusive Arena Football League quarterback club. I would also feel a bit of loyalty to an employer paying me 8 mil a year....but you know, i gots bills to pay

texasguy346
05-07-2007, 01:26 PM
I'm ready to pitch in to buy him a security blanket and a binky. He needs the binky bad since he has done nothing but suck his entire career.

Nicely done Porky. That's quote worthy.

real
05-07-2007, 01:27 PM
Da...but can anyone really say they'd feel that differently going from the Texans to the Panthers? We're still bringing up the rear in terms of overall team talent.

What other Texan would you say David Carr's level of play was about equal to ? I'll compare him to Morlon Greenwood, though I feel that's a bit generous...

If Morlon Greenwood, gets traded and makes the same comments he'd be looked at as a fool, but because there is this perception of David being a good QB and everyone else around him bringing him down it's o.k...

Star players that once upon a time played on crappy teams make these comments(AKA Moss going from Oakland to NE, or A.I going from Philly to Denver)....Not bad players on bad teams....His comments only reafirms my belief that David does not have a winners mind set...It's another way of him saying "I did what I could do, it was the talent around me"...

David was a HUGE part of our problem...

Mr. White
05-07-2007, 01:30 PM
I thought that this was an interesting part of the article.

CHARLOTTE, N.C. Jake Delhomme and David Carr were miserable last year.

Weighted by Super Bowl expectations, Delhomme struggled through his worst season since he became Carolina's starting quarterback. Carr, constantly scrambling behind a bad offensive line in Houston, wanted a new start with a better team.

Smacks of revisionist history to me. I remember him lobbying for the starting QB job last year after he packed up his locker.

OzzO
05-07-2007, 01:33 PM
Pfft, doesn't matter what Carr said - I see the franchise turning around in a positive way (finally) and look forward to the future of it.

All Carr has to realize is while he's in Carolina, that the games he's in, it's a "must play well" situation.....

jerek
05-07-2007, 01:34 PM
If Morlon Greenwood, gets traded and makes the same comments he'd be looked at as a fool, but because there is this perception of David being a good QB and everyone else around him bringing him down it's o.k...

David was a HUGE part of our problem...

Then I'd be saying the same thing--Morlon was a part of our problem but he is still right. Dice it any way you'd like but we lacked any semblance of talent at a lot more than one position last year. We'll always take our own opinions on where exactly the percentages of blame lie. I am truly interested to see how Carr does this year because I think he's better than he looked here, but I can understand where Vinny and others come from when you say that he doesn't seem to have a lot of competitive fire. I'd surely agree that he doesn't talk like he's got a lot of it.

TexansLucky13
05-07-2007, 02:12 PM

Send my apologies to your wife for me.

It will be funny in three years when David is the Panthers starting QB and the teasips lose their 4th game in a row to the Ags. You'll be talking out of the other side of your face, assuming that anything you ever say truly comes out of that region in the first place. Not that either are expected, but it would be quite hilarious, all the same. I would love to see it.

Oh, and take pride in the fact that SWT was the only person to find your joke funny. He is, by the way, the same person who seemed to brag about a blatant lack of respect at the MSC. Good company.

Mr. White
05-07-2007, 02:20 PM

It will be funny in three years when David is the Panthers starting QB and the teasips lose their 4th game in a row to the Ags. You'll be talking out of the other side of your face, assuming that anything you ever say truly comes out of that region in the first place. Not that either are expected, but it would be quite hilarious, all the same. I would love to see it.

Oh, and take pride in the fact that SWT was the only person to find your joke funny. He is, by the way, the same person who seemed to brag about a blatant lack of respect at the MSC. Good company.

You're an Aggie. You don't like the Longhorns. We get it.

Because you only say as much in almost every single post that you put on this board. Give it a rest sometime.

HOU-TEX
05-07-2007, 02:28 PM

Nah, I thought it was quite humerous myself.

And...Umm....David Carr does suck.:shades:

Kaiser Toro
05-07-2007, 02:35 PM

It will be funny if Carr is the Panthers starting QB in three years as I will be laughing at the Panther's pain. Texas could lose four in a row to the Ags, that is why they play the game, but history is not really on your side. However you guys have a lot of recruiting to do, not to mention better development of players by your coaching staff so as it stands you must hope that UT does not come to play and/or you do not run out of time.

BTW, I have been to more A&M games than UT games in the last five years - 6-1 by my count and always stop at the meat lab to buy loins, sausage and roasts. Love tailgating with the Ags, but inevitably I run into some kids, much like your disposition on line, that shows a lot of youth in their words, actions and demeanor that do not command anyone's respect. But they grow out of it as through my experience Ags are great folks. However, as most often in our exchanges you may try to blow that up as well.

The Pencil Neck
05-07-2007, 02:36 PM

Wha? Huh? You got us confuzzled with someone else's fans?

We're Texans, dammit.

FirstTexansFan
05-07-2007, 02:43 PM
But they grow out of it as through my experience Ags are great folks

Apology accepted :)

Specnatz
05-07-2007, 02:44 PM
I do not care one way or the other about A&M and never been a big fan of UT, but TL13 give it a rest. You have not shown any class in this thread what so ever. You have viciously attacked someone based on there views of a guy you never met playing QB.

To even say my apologies to his wife was completely classless and really was uncalled for. TL13 you like David and Kaiser does not, not to hard to figure out. You put down ut folks saying they have no class, where have you shown any, should everyone look at this post and think all aggies act like this?

Schaub, is the QB for the Houston Texans, palkin and simple get over it or go root for the Panthers. :texflag:

Errant Hothy
05-07-2007, 02:56 PM

I found it quite funny as well. Just like I find alot of things about the aggies funny...like the fact that y'all have 1 win over Tech, Nebraska, UT and OU since Fran the fraud arrived. That Aggies still complain that RC couldn't recruit talent, yet untill this draft A&M had more players in the NFL then any other Big XII South school, etc.

Oh, and I so hope that Carr starts for the Panthers; just to se how you and the media spin his struggles then, without the Texans O-line and coaching staff to blame.

swtbound07
05-07-2007, 03:00 PM
You don't want me to get tasteless TL13. Your school has a tradition of turning out the stadium lights and molesting anybody who holds up a lighter. Your COLLEGE students get out of class for a day if a damn dog comes in and barks, and one of your finest traditions involves putting change on a statue. I get it, you love your school. But give it a rest. The MSC can kiss my ass....when the kid at my school got drunk and made a fatal mistake at the waterfall above the river, we didn't build a monument to him. HOWDY!

hollywood_texan
05-07-2007, 03:08 PM
What is classless about this comment from Carr, is even if he is right, is that McNair did Carr a favor.

Carr could still be on the Texans roster right now. By the Texans cutting him before the draft, Carr was almost assured of finding a job somewhere else.

Besides, if he Carr was such a talented player, someone would have picked him up off of waivers, or at the very least there would have been a bidding war for his services. Neither happened.

Maybe Carr will resurrect his career, but if he does, he will have a very limited time to do it. One game playing like he did for the Texans and he will be quickly selling insurance back in Bakersfield. Example, Joey Harrington...

Brando
05-07-2007, 03:10 PM
Get back on the topic, please? :shades:

Thanks, Hollywood.

Second Honeymoon
05-07-2007, 03:12 PM

Carr did not give all he could day in and day out. He has admitted as much in his comments. learn2read.

as for respect, Carr deserves no respect. he basically admitted that he quit on his team, his 'heart' wasn't in it, and was 100% unprofessional in his approach to his on-field responsibilities.

as for Kubiak, I give him credit for giving Carr the boot after he erroneously hitched his wagon to Carrbage. He put his own reputation on the line and didn't waste another year of the franchise sticking by a unequivocal loser.

as for 2007, its a new start. we had a decent draft and made some FA moves without overpaying. the Moulds debacle notwithstanding, this offseason has been one good move after another for the most part. here is to Carr getting his @ss kicked Week 2. Nothing would make me happier than seeing Carr eat copious amounts of crow. I wouldn't be broken hearted if Mario just ended Carr's sad and pathetic 'career' once and for all. nice knowing ya, Dave.

infantrycak
05-07-2007, 03:21 PM
Besides, if he Carr was such a talented player, someone would have picked him up off of waivers, or at the very least there would have been a bidding war for his services. Neither happened.

Carr was not subject to waivers. Except during the season, players with 4 or more credited season don't go through waivers.

If he had been subject to waivers, a team would have to want him bad enough to pick up his contract rather than just waiting til he passed through and sign him to a new contract.

I wouldn't be broken hearted if Mario just ended Carr's sad and pathetic 'career' once and for all. nice knowing ya, Dave.

That was classy--NOT

Second Honeymoon
05-07-2007, 03:21 PM
You don't want me to get tasteless TL13. Your school has a tradition of turning out the stadium lights and molesting anybody who holds up a lighter. Your COLLEGE students get out of class for a day if a damn dog comes in and barks, and one of your finest traditions involves putting change on a statue. I get it, you love your school. But give it a rest. The MSC can kiss my ass....when the kid at my school got drunk and made a fatal mistake at the waterfall above the river, we didn't build a monument to him. HOWDY!

you forgot the nuclear option....

A&M has an ALL-MALE CHEERLEADING SQUAD!!!! talk about lame traditions, that takes the cake.....
homo-eroticism has no place on the football field....that kind of garbage went out with the Hula Hoop and Poodle Skirts.

Specnatz
05-07-2007, 03:25 PM
Carr was not subject to waivers. Except during the season, players with 4 or more credited season don't go through waivers.

If he had been subject to waivers, a team would have to want him bad enough to pick up his contract rather than just waiting til he passed through and sign him to a new contract.

That was classy--NOT

I expect nothing but that kind of talk from second, he has been that way as far as I can recall when it comes to his post especially about Carr.

Buffi2
05-07-2007, 03:26 PM
Carr is just a lit-tle bit bitter - cut the guy some classless slack. His career isn't turning out quite the way he thought it would, he was thrown under the bus by his teammates - some before he even left, Mr. Father Figure McNair even & finally gave up on him, he has had to move away from his family for the first time in his whole life, and now he is a backup. Why did this just make me smile - sick sense of humor, I guess.

He wants it to appear to all that he is having the time of his life, nothing was his fault, his last team messed around and didn't help him out but now everything is rosy and he wants to be a backup anyway, so there humph! It may not be his usual classy self or even his shining hour - but it is understandable coming from a guy who hasn't, until the last couple of years, had many bumps in the field of public opinion.

Goodness, I hope we beat the Panthers this year!

cuppacoffee
05-07-2007, 03:28 PM
I'm still rooting for the guy.

I feel the same way.

People in this town beitched and moaned, called him names, and questioned everything about him from his religion to his family values.

Now Carr talks back and these same posters want to get their panties in a wad.

Him being gone doesn't seem to be enough. Still gotta dwell on everything he says and does.

Whatever.

Fire away...:hunter:

:coffee:

Blazing Arrow
05-07-2007, 03:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0ZAnSNQUys

Mr. White
05-07-2007, 03:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0ZAnSNQUys

Definitely some revisionist history going on now.

Blazing Arrow
05-07-2007, 04:01 PM
Definitely some revisionist history going on now.

I was actually looking for a vid of Carr getting sacked over and over again but could not find one.

Texan_Bill
05-07-2007, 04:04 PM
I was actually looking for a vid of Carr getting sacked over and over again but could not find one.

That would be his career.

infantrycak
05-07-2007, 04:07 PM
Press me (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwBG4-D6pnc)

Mr. White
05-07-2007, 04:10 PM

Lots of it here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFqYhFa7mWA). Outdated video, but some might enjoy it.

Goldensilence
05-07-2007, 04:16 PM

..some reason i thought of Ron Burgundy......

When in Rome...

SheTexan
05-07-2007, 05:01 PM

A&M has an ALL-MALE CHEERLEADING SQUAD!!!! talk about lame traditions, that takes the cake.....
homo-eroticism has no place on the football field....that kind of garbage went out with the Hula Hoop and Poodle Skirts.

Hey now!! I LOVE male cheerleaders!! See nothing wrong with them at all!!! If you guys can lust after big boobs and tight butts why can't us females lust over big biceps and tight butts!!!!:doot: GO AGGIES!!!

BTW: My SON-IN-LAW just got through making nine poodle skirts for a graduation party for my daughter's school. He sews better than most women I know!! He is also the FATHER of three of my grandkids so I have my doubts he is homo!! Poodle shirts will NEVER DIE!!

Goldensilence
05-07-2007, 05:09 PM
Hey now!! I LOVE male cheerleaders!! See nothing wrong with them at all!!! If you guys can lust after big boobs and tight butts why can't us females lust over big biceps and tight butts!!!!:doot: GO AGGIES!!!

BTW: My SON-IN-LAW just got through making nine poodle skirts for a graduation party for my daughter's school. He sews better than most women I know!! He is also the FATHER of three of my grandkids so I have my doubts he is homo!! Poodle shirts will NEVER DIE!!

Indeed long after a WW3 and a nuclear winter to follow what is left will be roaches and Cher wearing a Poodle Skirt and shirt.

Texan_Bill
05-07-2007, 05:09 PM

A&M has an ALL-MALE CHEERLEADING SQUAD!!!! talk about lame traditions, that takes the cake......

Actually Second Honeymoon, picking on a tradition that started from A&M being an all male MILITARY academy is lame... That would be the same as picking on other great military schools in this country that are not official Academies of the Armed Services - such as the Citadel in South Carolina (which also used to be an all male academy)... As an Aggie, there are plenty of things to poke fun at, but I don't have much of a sense of humor when it takes to calling a tradition like this - as lame... A&M has produced some great military leaders over the years.....Try something else...

swtbound07
05-07-2007, 05:41 PM
Actually Second Honeymoon, picking on a tradition that started from A&M being an all male MILITARY academy is lame... That would be the same as picking on other great military schools in this country that are not official Academies of the Armed Services - such as the Citadel in South Carolina (which also used to be an all male academy)... As an Aggie, there are plenty of things to poke fun at, but I don't have much of a sense of humor when it takes to calling a tradition like this - as lame... A&M has produced some great military leaders over the years.....Try something else...

i thought i mocked it pretty thoroughly on page 4 myself.

Texan_Bill
05-07-2007, 05:49 PM
i thought i mocked it pretty thoroughly on page 4 myself.
I must have missed yours, and I really dont want to get in the middle of TL13 and Second Honeymoon getting after it. As I admitted, there are plenty of things to poke fun at Aggies. I just dont have much of a sense of humor as it relates to sorta the Military background stuff, etc... No worries, though...

I will go check out your post, on page 4 - as I must have missed it...

Texan_Bill
05-07-2007, 05:52 PM

I didnt catch that before, but I aint gonna get bent out of shape over that... Especially from someone from TSU... j/k

mexican_texan
05-07-2007, 06:00 PM
You're an Aggie. You don't like the Longhorns. We get it.

Because you only say as much in almost every single post that you put on this board. Give it a rest sometime.
He's an Aggie? I never would have guessed.

Seriously, though, you're right about that.

Second Honeymoon
05-07-2007, 06:05 PM
I expect nothing but that kind of talk from second, he has been that way as far as I can recall when it comes to his post especially about Carr.

hey, i just call it like i see it....his little pity party of an interview just set me off....feel free to disagree

Second Honeymoon
05-07-2007, 06:11 PM
I must have missed yours, and I really dont want to get in the middle of TL13 and Second Honeymoon getting after it. As I admitted, there are plenty of things to poke fun at Aggies. I just dont have much of a sense of humor as it relates to sorta the Military background stuff, etc... No worries, though...

I will go check out your post, on page 4 - as I must have missed it...

i stand by my comment that All-Male cheerleading squads is lame and was outdated about the same time as Eisenhower left office. we all saw what their cheerleaders and cadets were about when they went around swinging sabres when UT waxed their squad on the final day of the old Kyle Field turf.

if criticizing and lampooning all-male cheerleading squads is wrong, i don't want to be right

Texan_Bill
05-07-2007, 06:14 PM
i don't want to be right
LOL... The next time you are right about something - will be the first... By definition, they are not cheerleaders, so that unto itself is not correct... Have you ever seen the cheerleaders that are on the court for a basketball game? I didn't think so...

Specnatz
05-07-2007, 06:24 PM
hey, i just call it like i see it....his little pity party of an interview just set me off....feel free to disagree

No you take it to an all new low when you call on anything. You cannot just say he is a bad football player. You have to make it very personal and talk bad about him and I have seen you talk bad about his family, including his brothers.

Second Honeymoon
05-07-2007, 06:33 PM
LOL... The next time you are right about something - will be the first... By definition, they are not cheerleaders, so that unto itself is not correct... Have you ever seen the cheerleaders that are on the court for a basketball game? I didn't think so...

for the record, i have been right on just about every Texans move ever. Please refer to my posting history as it goes back as far as late '03 and I was saying the same things that people are just now coming around to accepting as fact. but whatever, i don't want to get into it with any of yall (except maybe TL when he labels all Longhorns as pompous and snobbish). i am actually happy to just converse with people who care about their football team, such as yourselves. we just go about showing our love different ways.

i am also happy to be posting on this forum as the 'official' forum seems to be powered with a gerbil on a treadmill hooked up to a Commodore64. you can call me out for how I express my views but anyone who says I have been wrong, must have a selective memory. well gotta go, time to teach some kids how to play baseball.

Texan_Bill
05-07-2007, 06:42 PM
for the record, i have been right on just about every Texans move ever. Please refer to my posting history as it goes back as far as late '03 and I was saying the same things that people are just now coming around to accepting as fact. but whatever, i don't want to get into it with any of yall (except maybe TL when he labels all Longhorns as pompous and snobbish). i am actually happy to just converse with people who care about their football team, such as yourselves. we just go about showing our love different ways.

i am also happy to be posting on this forum as the 'official' forum seems to be powered with a gerbil on a treadmill hooked up to a Commodore64. you can call me out for how I express my views but anyone who says I have been wrong, must have a selective memory. well gotta go, time to teach some kids how to play baseball.

LOL... That sounded pretty pompous there.

Thats pretty funny - I may borrow that from you....

Just for the record, women were admitted to A&M on a limited basis in '63, the first class officially admitted was 1971.

Teach the kids well. We dont have enough people getting involved anymore..

swtbound07
05-07-2007, 07:49 PM
No you take it to an all new low when you call on anything. You cannot just say he is a bad football player. You have to make it very personal and talk bad about him and I have seen you talk bad about his family, including his brothers.

dude...where you around here? His brother was more than a jerk

SheTexan
05-07-2007, 08:22 PM
dude...where you around here? His brother was more than a jerk

I read every post Hulk75 made, and he was anything BUT a jerk!! He took a stand on what he believed and stuck to it. Same as most of the rest of you GUYS!! Everyone has an opinion, it does not make them a jerk just because you disagree!! JMO!!!!

swtbound07
05-07-2007, 08:26 PM
I read every post Hulk75 made, and he was anything BUT a jerk!! He took a stand on what he believed and stuck to it. Same as most of the rest of you GUYS!! Everyone has an opinion, it does not make them a jerk just because you disagree!! JMO!!!!

Hulk's station in life gave him an ego. Even when he was wrong about something, he was never wrong, and if you disagreed with him you were a fool. The 2nd best thing about david getting released was hulk leaving

infantrycak
05-07-2007, 09:53 PM
for the record, i have been right on just about every Texans move ever. Please refer to my posting history as it goes back as far as late '03 and I was saying the same things that people are just now coming around to accepting as fact.

Since you only ever posted on one subject, not exactly an extraordinary track record.

Dude is gone. Leave off with all the personal crap. Neither it nor any self-aggrandizing statements are making you look any better.

Specnatz
05-07-2007, 11:43 PM
What makes you think the Panthers are going to let Jake get sacked? Because Carr is there? That speaks volumes about what you don't know about a pro football team and the fact that you just want to spit some smack.

The Panthers don't fear us because Carr is there. Considering our lack-o-play for a few years, I'd say the D isn't going to suddenly turn Pro Bowl because Carr is gone.

Jeezzzz

Actually I was trying to be funny. It is one of the rules in teams sports you never ever bad mouth another team and say they have a poor team or they do not have that many good players on it. It comes back to bite you more often than not. Carr slipped up when speaking to reporters about the quality of players between the Texans and the Panthers (I honestly believe it was a opps moment). he is the back-up not the starters and he could have said it better, was the point I was trying to make. I guess you only read that one post versus the other post I made. Besides I have never really bashed Carr, I have said it was time to move on, but I never bashed the guy, like some have. I think you totally misinterrputed what I was saying.

No team lets a QB get sacked it either happens because of line play or WR don't get open or poor decisions by the QB. All are a factor in determining a QBs sack total.

O play has nothing to do wit, how a Defense plays except maybe at the end of game if they have been on the field all day. Everything I saw from the Defense last year, it improved throught out the season (same with O-Line play).

2BCF
05-08-2007, 10:37 AM
I'm just happy 2BCarrFree! :texflag:

Second Honeymoon
05-08-2007, 11:40 AM
Since you only ever posted on one subject, not exactly an extraordinary track record.

Dude is gone. Leave off with all the personal crap. Neither it nor any self-aggrandizing statements are making you look any better.

icak, my takes are spot on and I have had takes on subjects other than Mr.Hair. but whatever, keep hating on me for being right and speaking my mind....it wont be the first time

Honoring Earl 34
05-08-2007, 12:12 PM
Actually I was trying to be funny. It is one of the rules in teams sports you never ever bad mouth another team and say they have a poor team or they do not have that many good players on it. It comes back to bite you more often than not. Carr slipped up when speaking to reporters about the quality of players between the Texans and the Panthers (I honestly believe it was a opps moment). he is the back-up not the starters and he could have said it better, was the point I was trying to make. I guess you only read that one post versus the other post I made. Besides I have never really bashed Carr, I have said it was time to move on, but I never bashed the guy, like some have. I think you totally misinterrputed what I was saying.

No team lets a QB get sacked it either happens because of line play or WR don't get open or poor decisions by the QB. All are a factor in determining a QBs sack total.

O play has nothing to do wit, how a Defense plays except maybe at the end of game if they have been on the field all day. Everything I saw from the Defense last year, it improved throught out the season (same with O-Line play).

Well ... to me it's the same thing as when the Carr's would come on the board and trash the WRs , the OL , RBs , and coaches . You have to scratch your head on two accounts . 1. What if the team catches wind of these statements and 2. Are you that naive to think that the QB is not part of the problem and it can't always be everyone else .

Specnatz
05-08-2007, 01:04 PM
Well ... to me it's the same thing as when the Carr's would come on the board and trash the WRs , the OL , RBs , and coaches . You have to scratch your head on two accounts . 1. What if the team catches wind of these statements and 2. Are you that naive to think that the QB is not part of the problem and it can't always be everyone else .

I agree, but I am not sure if anyone reads the message board and then ask them about it. What I do know is that even if they do not read the paper a reporter will ask them about said comments by a player. This is true in all sports.

Honoring Earl 34
05-08-2007, 01:32 PM
I agree, but I am not sure if anyone reads the message board and then ask them about it. What I do know is that even if they do not read the paper a reporter will ask them about said comments by a player. This is true in all sports.

I guess ... in sports ... you are judged by your peers and not the fans or your family . I think there has always been a little smoke so maybe Carr was purposely taking jabs at his former teamates .

powerfuldragon
05-08-2007, 04:18 PM
I'm just happy 2BCarrFree! :texflag:
it's a wonderful feeling, no?

Koolaid Time
05-08-2007, 06:43 PM
I live in Austin and call them that on occasson, when they tick me off with there attitude. Then again I went to UH, and no one ever talks bad about UH. Then again they do not talk about them at all.

I guess you haven't been to Reckling Park lately. The Rice Students and Grads always have something to say about UH. :bat:

Specnatz
05-09-2007, 10:09 AM
I guess you haven't been to Reckling Park lately. The Rice Students and Grads always have something to say about UH. :bat:

It has been a while.

Honoring Earl 34
05-09-2007, 08:01 PM
What happens in June if the Texans say ... wow this is what a real QB and team leader is like ? I guess turn about is fair play . :texflag:

swtbound07
05-09-2007, 10:49 PM
I think its funny how the people of the old board were like...you can't criticize carr, he's on your own team. Now those people are like....don't criticize Carr, he's gone now, there is no point. I'm sick of tiptoeing. Carr needs to shut up. Carr needs to go back to college for another 4 years and see if he gets it. I blame him. Period. I hope every snap he takes for the rest of his life is in practice, and if he finds his way into a game i hope the fattest player in the nfl squishes him like a bug. Being a good character guy doesn't matter a damn if you suck at your job.

The Pencil Neck
05-10-2007, 01:39 AM
Personally, I don't care if Carr is taking minor little shots like this at the Texans. The Texans are doing EXACTLY the same thing. It's inevitable. All the comments out of Texans camp about having leadership now is exactly the same thing except pointed the other direction.

The bottom line is both sides are glad the other is gone and looking forward to a bright future.