PDA

View Full Version : Shannon Sharpe officially retires

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
05-17-2004, 05:13 PM
Just reported on ESPN News that Shannon Sharpe will retire and take Deion Sanders place on the NFL Today set.

WWJD
05-17-2004, 05:19 PM
I've never heard Sharpe except being interviewed and he was always very outspoken.

I liked Deion. Sorry he's being replaced or he quit.

TheOgre
05-17-2004, 05:24 PM
It was all about money. He wanted too much and the network had leverage if Sharpe decided to come out of retirement. Personally I think Shannon Sharpe will be awesome. The guy is outspoken yet smart. Deion was no *****, but Sharpe could run mental circles around him.

TexanNut
05-17-2004, 05:52 PM
At least you could understand neon when he got excited....

edo783
05-17-2004, 05:53 PM
I think it is the right thing for Sharp. I suspect that this year would have been one year to many and made Sharp like Emmit was last year. I also think he will be more incitfull than Deion ever was. Great player and probable HOF guy. I wish him well.

Blake
05-17-2004, 05:53 PM
It was all about money. He wanted too much and the network had leverage if Sharpe decided to come out of retirement. Personally I think Shannon Sharpe will be awesome. The guy is outspoken yet smart. Deion was no *****, but Sharpe could run mental circles around him.

True. But I dont like the way he speaks. He kinda slurs everything together. Not that he shouldnt be on the show, I was just saying I dont like how he talks.

WWJD
05-17-2004, 07:09 PM
I'll watch and see how it goes. I think it's a good choice to replace Deion with another player. He'll be interesting.

Carr Bombed
05-17-2004, 07:28 PM
I think it is the right thing for Sharp. I suspect that this year would have been one year to many and made Sharp like Emmit was last year. I also think he will be more incitfull than Deion ever was. Great player and probable HOF guy. I wish him well.

If shannon did decide to play this year he would of had another pro bowl year and would of been productive for even more seasons. He is the best tight end of our time and a 1st ballot hall of famer and I'm sad to see him go I wish him the best of luck in the booth

Ravens_52
05-18-2004, 07:03 AM
Sharpe is a definate for the HOF and was a big part for our SB run apart from our D.