PDA

View Full Version : Griffin movin' to corner

Errant Hothy
05-04-2007, 01:36 PM
Titans | Griffin to play corner
Fri, 4 May 2007 09:12:01 -0700

Jim Wyatt, of the Tennessean, reports Tennessee Titans SS Michael Griffin will move to cornerback. "We feel like he has corner skills and we know he can play the other positions,'' head coach Jeff Fisher said. "So we want to get him as familiar as we possibly can at the position as soon as we can. I think he is best suited to play (cornerback). That's what we're doing, and I believe it is going to work out.''

Bold move by them, atleast IMO.

rollinstone18
05-04-2007, 02:13 PM
I don't think I ever saw Michael Griffin play CB at UT. I never liked the idea of making a 1st round pick convert positions, but if Tennesee wants to, good, here's hoping it's a disaster.

:fans:

Goldensilence
05-04-2007, 02:46 PM
I don't think I ever saw Michael Griffin play CB at UT. I never liked the idea of making a 1st round pick convert positions, but if Tennesee wants to, good, here's hoping it's a disaster.

Agreed on both. Floyd Reese has to be laughing right now.

Second Honeymoon
05-04-2007, 03:02 PM
Floyd Reese led that team through 2 decades and led them well. Ever since Reese was let go they have been the worst front office in football....

they had the 2nd most cap space in the NFL
they lost their #1 RB, #1 and #2 WR, and #1 CB and #1 player overall (sorry vince)
they signed next to noone
they drafted very poorly if they think Griffin can play CB

they will be lucky to win 6 games this year. that is for sure.

kastofsna
05-04-2007, 03:46 PM
it's bad enough they have such a one-trick pony at QB, now they've hurt him by putting nothing around him. they didn't have anything to begin with, and they let the guys they DID have go. not good.

AustinJB
05-04-2007, 04:09 PM

Just FYI, Griffin did play nickel CB during his freshman year in a reserve role.

He played in all 12 games his freshman yr, but he only started two. I'm not sure what position he played in the two games that he did start.