PDA

View Full Version : Kinda Neat?

V Man
05-03-2007, 04:41 PM
Noticed on the roster that our new CB from South Carolina Bennet has either chosen or was given the reverse number (32) of D Rob (23)

http://www.houstontexans.com/team/player.asp?player_id=287

I know he has mentioned that Robinson was a big help for him at South Carolina and hopefully will be the same in the pros. It will be nice to really have a mirror image of D Rob at the other corner.

(I know this maybe chessy to some, but I was amused by it, but then again I am easily amused).

Double Barrel
05-03-2007, 05:05 PM
heh, that's cool (intentional or not) :thumbup

hadaad
05-03-2007, 05:15 PM
So I guess this means we're not going to re-sign Jonathan Wells?

:mad:

Ole Miss Texan
05-03-2007, 05:42 PM
haha that's really cool. I like that. But then again i'm easily amused as well!

I just looked at our roster and new numbers and all. When Jeff Zgonina is at DT and Babin is in at DE, Our Dline #'s would be 90-91-92-93

05-03-2007, 06:22 PM
So I guess this means we're not going to re-sign Jonathan Wells?

:mad:

now THAT'S funny.

V Man
05-06-2007, 06:59 PM
haha that's really cool. I like that. But then again i'm easily amused as well!

I just looked at our roster and new numbers and all. When Jeff Zgonina is at DT and Babin is in at DE, Our Dline #'s would be 90-91-92-93

That is pretty cool, now if we could do it with the O-line as well.
68 -Beddell (T) 69 -Pitts (G) 70 -Weary (C) 71 - Herrion (G) 72 -Black (T)

Sad thing is even just kidding around, it isn't that much worse than the O-line several years ago.

aj.
05-06-2007, 07:19 PM
Bedell is not on the team. Neither is Dalton, Polk, and Rainer. The roster on ht.com needs updating.

awtysst
05-07-2007, 12:33 AM
I think that Bennett was a steal in the 4th and with Dunta helping him we will have a formidible Gamecock Duo!

BSofA04
05-07-2007, 04:44 PM
I think that Bennett was a steal in the 4th and with Dunta helping him we will have a formidible Gamecock Duo!

That's what I was thinking when we drafted Bennett. I don't see Faggins in the starting lineup the entire year. Bennett seems to have great ball awareness but is soft on the run. With a talented d-line and solid LB's, Bennett should benefit from not having to make too many tackles and thus, can concentrate on pass deflections/INT's. Bennett could be starting by week 3.

kiwitexansfan
05-07-2007, 05:17 PM
That's what I was thinking when we drafted Bennett. I don't see Faggins in the starting lineup the entire year. Bennett seems to have great ball awareness but is soft on the run. With a talented d-line and solid LB's, Bennett should benefit from not having to make too many tackles and thus, can concentrate on pass deflections/INT's. Bennett could be starting by week 3.

I hope Faggins can return to the nickel spot where he is actually a very good player for us.

Bennet should hopefully start and I for one couldn't care less if he is soft in run support, that is what the front 7 is for. I just want Cornerbacks how can cover their receiver and make plays on the ball. Anything else is gravy.

awtysst
05-07-2007, 07:45 PM
I hope Faggins can return to the nickel spot where he is actually a very good player for us.

Bennet should hopefully start and I for one couldn't care less if he is soft in run support, that is what the front 7 is for. I just want Cornerbacks how can cover their receiver and make plays on the ball. Anything else is gravy.

I agree. I like that he is big, quick, and can cover. Faggins at Nickel just makes a lot of sense. Now, if we have a FS in Harrison then we will be set for DBs!