PDA

View Full Version : Cam discusses their first pick

OzzO
05-01-2007, 10:41 PM
youtube.com (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mm2-PKY2wzw)

Man, they ain't happy in Fla. That presser just seemed rough all the way around. Interestingly, I've heard / seen that if they didn't pick Ginn at 9 that the Texans may have done so at 10.

awtysst
05-01-2007, 11:11 PM

Man, they ain't happy in Fla. That presser just seemed rough all the way around. Interestingly, I've heard / seen that if they didn't pick Ginn at 9 that the Texans may have done so at 10.

Nope, I refuse to believe that our FO would be so dumb to pick Ginn at 10. I think if Amobe was gone we would have made that trade with denver and moved down to 21.

kastofsna
05-01-2007, 11:43 PM
Nope, I refuse to believe that our FO would be so dumb to pick Ginn at 10. I think if Amobe was gone we would have made that trade with denver and moved down to 21.
nothing dumb about taking the most electrifying player in the draft with the #10 pick. ;). and it's obvious they were going to take him. just look at the rest of the texans draft, he'd fit right in with those guys: somewhat raw, good athletes, versatile, but most importantly, REALLY GOOD ATHLETES. Jacoby Jones is essentially just a poor man's Ted Ginn, and i'm 100% certain he was just a backup plan in case they couldn't get Ginn. face it: Okoye was behind Ginn on their board, as he was on a lot of teams' boards. hell, Miami had him as the 5th best player in this draft. and there's a reason for that: he's an ultimate playmaker.

fans in south florida have--for the most part--calmed down a bit. a lot of them have finally looked at ginn and looked at beck and they're starting to like what they see.

Runner
05-02-2007, 12:11 AM

Can you imgaine this place if that had happened? I don't think any of us can predict who the Texans will pick with any accuracy (usually). It may have been the plan - they certainly had some unpredictable picks in the past.

Remember the consternation when they picked "DeMeco who" over Eric Winston?

Lucky
05-02-2007, 12:15 AM
I think if Amobe was gone we would have made that trade with denver and moved down to 21.
I don't think that trade ever existed. Denver had targeted Okoye, not Willis. Just a fig newton of Neil Stratton's imaginabisco.

I heard on draft day that the Jets were trying to move up to #10. Probably with the same deal the Panthers took at #14, move to #25 and pickup a late 2nd. But, the Texans would rather have Okoye.

fans in south florida have--for the most part--calmed down a bit. a lot of them have finally looked at ginn and looked at beck and they're starting to like what they see.
Like they have a choice. There are no draft day do-overs. BTW, what did Oakland do with the 1st pick? :shades:

kastofsna
05-02-2007, 01:18 AM
Like they have a choice. There are no draft day do-overs. BTW, what did Oakland do with the 1st pick? :shades:
they never got over the Jamar Fletcher pick in '01, and all the other bad first rounders. the fact that they got over Quinn this easily says a lot.

and Oakland took Russell. just as i predicted. ;)

michaelm
05-02-2007, 01:28 AM
nothing dumb about taking the most electrifying player in the draft with the #10 pick. ;)...

...hell, Miami had him as the 5th best player in this draft. and there's a reason for that: he's an ultimate playmaker.

I guess you got him cheap... Washington had to use a #4 for Desmond Howard... :)

I know, I know... he won a Superbowl MVP... unfortunately, it wasn't with the team that drafted him...

kastofsna
05-02-2007, 01:38 AM
desmond howard is no ted ginn. :D

hadaad
05-02-2007, 11:52 AM
You're right. Desmond Howard has a Super Bowl ring.

Trap_Star
05-02-2007, 12:10 PM
desmond howard is no ted ginn. :D

You're right. Desmond Howard has a Super Bowl ring.

...and a Heisman....:user:

Specnatz
05-02-2007, 12:14 PM
I guess football has changed over the last few years PR/KR are now top 10 picks? Geesh and I thought they could be had latter in the draft like 3rd and 4th. Opps

:backsout:

Mr. White
05-02-2007, 12:18 PM
Interestingly, I've heard / seen that if they didn't pick Ginn at 9 that the Texans may have done so at 10.

I could have sworn that I heard NFL Network say that during the draft. IIRC, Schefter said that we took Okoye because Ginn was gone.

I had grill duty so I can't be 100% sure.........

kastofsna
05-02-2007, 01:15 PM
yup it's exactly what Schefter said.

you guys keep underrated Ginn's abilities. that's fine. guess you'll have to find out October 7th.

hadaad
05-02-2007, 01:31 PM

you guys keep underrated Ginn's abilities. that's fine. guess you'll have to find out October 7th.

I'm not underestimating anything. I'm just giving you a hard time. I don't know anything about Ginn. I didn't want him but that doesn't mean he's not good.

HE WASN'T ON MY BIG BOARD!

Specnatz
05-02-2007, 01:47 PM

Do you think he will be healthy by then? I mean he is still not healthy from his sprained ankle from the bowl game.

kastofsna
05-02-2007, 01:53 PM
yup.

jaayteetx
05-02-2007, 01:54 PM

He'll get lots of oppurtunity to shine, on the kickoff return team!

thunderkyss
05-02-2007, 02:25 PM
I'd have been thrilled with Ginn at 10.

Goldensilence
05-02-2007, 03:02 PM
I would've been ok with the Ginn pick at 10.

I'm more curious as to who starts training camp at QB Kast. It Dante on track to make his return then because i don't think they'll throw Beck into the fire right away. Also Adding Green to the mix makes me curious as well. Could Miami have really ended up giving up the second for nothing?

kastofsna
05-02-2007, 03:12 PM
i imagine it'll be a battle between Green/Lemon/Beck. green will probably win it.

hadaad
05-02-2007, 03:20 PM
I'll put rep points on Lemon. He's Cam-cam's favourite.

kastofsna
05-02-2007, 10:06 PM
i doubt he's his favorite over Green.

swtbound07
05-02-2007, 10:33 PM
they never got over the Jamar Fletcher pick in '01, and all the other bad first rounders. the fact that they got over Quinn this easily says a lot.

Liar, man i hate how you take every side of an arguement just to be right. Remember this?

1: Oakland Raiders - Calvin Johnson, WR, Georgia Tech
2: Detroit Lions - Joe Thomas, OT, Wisconsin
3: Cleveland Browns - JaMarcus Russell, QB, LSU
4: Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Amobi Okoye, DT, Louisville
5: Arizona Cardinals - Gaines Adams, DE, Clemson
6: Washington Redskins - Jamaal Anderson, DE, Arkansas
7: Minnesota Vikings - Adrian Peterson, RB, Oklahoma
8: Atlanta Falcons - Levi Brown, OT, Penn State
9: Miami Dolphins - Brady Quinn, QB, Notre Dame
10: Houston Texans - Reggie Nelson, S, Florida
11: San Francisco 49ers - Adam Carriker, DE, Nebraska
12: Buffalo Bills - Marshawn Lynch, RB, Cal
13: St. Louis Rams - Alan Branch, DT, Michigan
14: Carolina Panthers - Patrick Willis, LB, Ole Miss
15: Pittsburgh Steelers - Leon Hall, CB, Michigan
16: Green Bay Packers - LaRon Landry, S, LSU
17: Jacksonville Jaguars - Ted Ginn, Jr, WR, Ohio State
18: Cincinnati Bengals - Greg Olsen, TE, Miami (FL)
19: Tennessee Titans - Robert Meachem, WR, Tennessee
20: New York Giants - Paul Posluszny, LB, Penn State
21: Denver Broncos - Jarvis Moss, DE, Florida
22: Dallas Cowboys - Joe Staley, OT, Central Michigan
23: Kansas City Chiefs - Dwayne Bowe, WR, LSU
24: New England Patriots (f/Seattle) - Lawrence Timmons, LB, FSU
25: New York Jets - Chris Houston, CB, Arkansas
26: Philadelphia Eagles - Dwayne Jarrett, WR, USC
27: New Orleans Saints - Darrelle Revis, CB, Pittsburgh
28: New England Patriots - Marcus McCauley, CB, Fresno State
29: Baltimore Ravens - Tony Ugoh, OT, Arkansas
30: San Diego Chargers - Steve Smith, WR, USC
31: Chicago Bears - Jon Beason, LB, Miami (FL)
32: Indianapolis Colts - Brian Leonard, RB, Rutgers

Man, you nailed.....2 of those first round picks, you draft guru you.

kastofsna
05-03-2007, 01:25 AM
my final mock was on the other forum. and i got 4 right, including Russell going #1 overall., thank you very much. ;)

nunusguy
05-03-2007, 10:25 AM
nothing dumb about taking the most electrifying player in the draft with the #10 pick. ;). and it's obvious they were going to take him. just look at the rest of the texans draft, he'd fit right in with those guys: somewhat raw, good athletes, versatile, but most importantly, REALLY GOOD ATHLETES. Jacoby Jones is essentially just a poor man's Ted Ginn, and i'm 100% certain he was just a backup plan in case they couldn't get Ginn. face it: Okoye was behind Ginn on their board, as he was on a lot of teams' boards. hell, Miami had him as the 5th best player in this draft. and there's a reason for that: he's an ultimate playmaker.

I consider it a high compliment indeed that you label our third round pick a "poor man's Ted Ginn" Kastofsna (tell me again what that handle means ?).
But I agree, Ginn is an electrifying player who's ceiling is breathtaking, but so is his floor, though you probably wouldn't admit it even if you thought it ?
Aren't you really nervous about how fragile he appears to be ?
But I admire Cam & the Skins for being such risk takers and bucking popular opinion in favor of their own convictions. The Texans new regime has already been known to do that themselves a time or 2.
And why is it so "obvious" to you think that S & K were going to take Ginn if available ? And how do you know where Ginn & Okoye were on the Texans Board ?

kastofsna
05-03-2007, 11:45 AM
there's no reason to think he's fragile. he's never had an injury in his career. never. nothing even remotely close. his teammate crushes his ankle in a bizarre celebration gone wrong, and that's it. he's tough, he breaks tackles, he takes hits...and nothing.

i've already explained why it's obvious. first of all, schefter reported it. secondly, just look at the texans' draft. ginn would fit in with the rest of the draft class easily. players who are good athletes and considered to be a bit raw as well as very versatile

wicked_wayz
05-04-2007, 11:23 PM

true but didnt you predict that joe staley was a top 10....or that we were going to draft him also???????????

SF49erFaithful
05-05-2007, 01:23 PM
true but didnt you predict that joe staley was a top 10....or that we were going to draft him also???????????

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070429/capt.b25948fd205446df96f1af984f7059db.nfl_draft_49 ers_football_caps110.jpg

Man am I pumped about this season :redtowel:

BTW, I really look forward to seeing Ginn play this season. I wasn't a fan of his at all and think it was a pretty bad pick, but it should be interesting to watch how he does in the NFL.

Anyway, I'm not sure what to believe about if you guys would have chosen Ginn or not, if he hadn't gone to Miami one pick earlier.

kastofsna
05-05-2007, 07:25 PM
and there's reports out there now that the rams and niners both coveted him as well.