PDA

View Full Version : Texans Should Boycott ESPN

Shaft75
05-01-2007, 04:56 PM
Take a look at NFL Live if you get a chance today. They ask "The Hair" who had the worst draft in the AFC South and he said it was a toss up between Tennessee and Houston. The whole time he was talking they showed at the bottom of the screen "Worst Draft: Houston Texans". Then showed nothing but Carr being sacked a million times. The funny thing is that the clips that they showed are Carr about to throw the ball and then either tucking it and being sacked or fumbling it while being sacked.

Back to the point... Haven't we had enough of this? I mean, come on. We were not the worst team in the league last year, they are kissing that teams ass right now. It seems like they do this to every Houston team. It is really starting to get old...

TexanSam
05-01-2007, 05:00 PM
Until we have our first winning season, it's going to keep on the way it is.

Shaft75
05-01-2007, 05:03 PM
Until we have our first winning season, it's going to keep on the way it is.

Yeah but aren't we always going to say that. After we start winning it will be the same. The national media never shows love to H-Town, especially ESPN.

Errant Hothy
05-01-2007, 05:07 PM
ESPN has gone down hill over the last few years anyways. And since I don't watch that much of it I don't see this. All I know is that most of their football people either a) suck or b) flip-flop more then most politicans.

NFLN is much better anyways, and most newspapers a re even better for information. ESPN = spin!

kastofsna
05-01-2007, 05:08 PM
Yeah but aren't we always going to say that. After we start winning it will be the same. The national media never shows love to H-Town, especially ESPN.
uh no. once you start winning, you'll get respect. that's how it works. you think they cared about the patriots before they started winning? or the colts? of course not. if you go to the playoffs, you'll get respect, end of story.

axman40
05-01-2007, 05:22 PM
Winning = respect it is the coin of the NFL realm.:fans:

Texan_Bill
05-01-2007, 05:23 PM

Dude, you are right. It will always be that way... (Couple of examples)

1) Rockets Championships = no ESPN love
2) Oilers 7 or 8 consecutive play-off appearances = no ESPN love
3) Astros terrific turnaround season to make the play-offs = no ESPN love
4) Astros terrific turnaround season to make it to the play-offs and World Series = no ESPN love

I quit watching ESPN, unless there is a particular game that I want to watch. Chris Berman, needs new material.. Peter Gammons (the only one who has ever even hinted at kind words towards the Astros) is senile.. etc., etc...

Shaft75
05-01-2007, 05:54 PM
How in the hell does this thread have anything to do with Tailgating???????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????

HELLO MODS?!?!?!?!?!!

Double Barrel
05-01-2007, 05:55 PM
ESPN has always had an east coast bias, which is not surprising when you consider their HQ location.

The Texans won't look so foolish in the next couple of years as our defensive line, and unit in general, start to gel and form a cohesive squad. Obviously there is a bit of optimistic hope from this Texans fan, but I still look at what we are putting together as a football fan and see potential for great things to come.

And at that time, ESPN will act like they knew we were going to be a great team all along. Until then, they will do what bullies do and kick people when they are down.

Shaft75
05-01-2007, 05:59 PM
How in the hell does this thread have anything to do with Tailgating???????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????

HELLO MODS?!?!?!?!?!!

Can I ask another question to a mod???

How is this not a topic for the main forum?

Texan_Bill
05-01-2007, 06:12 PM
I thought we were in "The National Football League" forum.... Awww crap, I'm lost again.... self imposed negative rep. my way for acting like a noobie...

Specnatz
05-01-2007, 06:14 PM
I thought we were in "The National Football League" forum.... Awww crap, I'm lost again.... self imposed negative rep. my way for acting like a noobie...

You are, it had been moved.

76Texan
05-01-2007, 06:14 PM
I thought we were in "The National Football League" forum.... Awww crap, I'm lost again.... self imposed negative rep. my way for acting like a noobie...I need GPS badly! hahaha!

Texan_Bill
05-01-2007, 06:18 PM
Can have my self imposed negative rep. points back??

Double Barrel
05-01-2007, 06:23 PM
Can I ask another question to a mod???

How is this not a topic for the main forum?

Texans Talk
Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

This is more of a general NFL and national media topic, and not so much of a football specific one. Hookem and Vinny are welcomed to move it, though. I'm just following the rules they put in motion. :)

Shaft75
05-01-2007, 06:25 PM
This is more of a general NFL and national media topic, and not so much of a football specific one. Hookem and Vinny are welcomed to move it, though. I'm just following the rules they put in motion. :)

It is about the Texans right? I found a couple of threads that should be moved also. Help me, help you...

infantrycak
05-01-2007, 06:59 PM
I put primarily Texans oriented talk which has no football content in the Tailgating forum. Things which are more general to the NFL go in the NFL section. This thread could be in either but really isn't a football thread.

Shaft75
05-02-2007, 12:02 PM
I put primarily Texans oriented talk which has no football content in the Tailgating forum. Things which are more general to the NFL go in the NFL section. This thread could be in either but really isn't a football thread.

Oh well... I still hate ESPN!