SLB Shantee Orr Charlie Anderson Danny Clark Trent Bray
MLB DeMeco Ryans DaShon Polk Wali Rainer
WLB Morlon Greenwood Kailee Wong Shawn Barber Zach Diles
LCB Dunta Robinson Von Hutchins Chris McKenzie Jason Horton
RCB Demarcus Faggins Jamar Fletcher Dexter McCleon Fred Bennett
SS Glenn Earl Michael Stone Roc Alexander Brandon Harrison
FS C.C. Brown Jason Simmons John Walker Curry Burns
http://www.houstontexans.com/team/depthchart.html
I dunno how much we can read into the post 2007 College Draft DC, but it has been amended to include most of the past weekends picks.
For Example: Okoye is a starter and TJ is 3rd string; Brandon Harrison is the 4th string SS - didn't tehy draft him to play FS ?; the 2 Olineman aren't in the DC, so guess they are still trying to decide where they fit ?

Ole Miss Texan
04-30-2007, 01:16 PM
Can we call depth chart something else than DC.....that has a bad conotation to it..lol

texasguy346
04-30-2007, 01:18 PM
RG Fred Weary Steve McKinney Atlas Herrion Kasey Studdard

the 2 Olineman aren't in the DC, so guess they are still trying to decide where they fit ?

Looks as though they've got Studdard on the depth chart. Frye isn't though.

Dallas_Texan
04-30-2007, 01:47 PM
WR Andre Johnson David Anderson Jacoby Jones Harry Williams
LT Jordan Black Ephraim Salaam Charles Spencer Brad Bedell
LG Chester Pitts Scott Jackson Mike Brisiel
C Mike Flanagan Steve McKinney Drew Hodgdon Chris White
RT Eric Winston Ephraim Salaam
TE Owen Daniels Mark Bruener Jeb Putzier Ben Steele
WR Kevin Walter Jerome Mathis Charlie Adams Andre' Davis
QB Matt Schaub Sage Rosenfels Bradlee Van Pelt Quinton Porter
RB Ahman Green Ron Dayne Wali Lundy Samkon Gado
FB Vonta Leach Jameel Cook
Defense
POS First String Second String Third String Fourth String
LDE Anthony Weaver N.D. Kalu Earl Cochran
DT Amobi Okoye Thomas Johnson Travis Johnson Alfred Malone
NT Anthony Maddox Jeff Zgonina Lional Dalton Cedric Killings
RDE Mario Williams Jason Babin
SLB Shantee Orr Charlie Anderson Danny Clark Trent Bray
MLB DeMeco Ryans DaShon Polk Wali Rainer
WLB Morlon Greenwood Kailee Wong Shawn Barber Zach Diles
LCB Dunta Robinson Von Hutchins Chris McKenzie Jason Horton
RCB Demarcus Faggins Jamar Fletcher Dexter McCleon Fred Bennett
SS Glenn Earl Michael Stone Roc Alexander Brandon Harrison
FS C.C. Brown Jason Simmons John Walker Curry Burns
http://www.houstontexans.com/team/depthchart.html
I dunno how much we can read into the post 2007 College Draft DC, but it has been amended to include most of the past weekends picks.
For Example: Okoye is a starter and TJ is 3rd string; Brandon Harrison is the 4th string SS - didn't tehy draft him to play FS ?; the 2 Olineman aren't in the DC, so guess they are still trying to decide where they fit ?

Harrison is a SS, not a FS. And according to almost every draft site I've found, he's not a very good one. 90% downside. Hopefully Kubiak makes something out of him, but on the other hand there's.....why? We have a SS. We need a FS. Our most glaring need wasn't even addressed. CC Brown is a SS, and he's currently our 1st string FS. I really hope there's a decent FS FA out there still.

Texans_Chick
04-30-2007, 02:30 PM
I wouldn't read much into the depth chart.

The Texans didn't even release their old depth chart last year until really really late and had to be asked to do it kicking and screaming.

Vinny
04-30-2007, 02:41 PM
Harrison is a SS, not a FS. And according to almost every draft site I've found, he's not a very good one. 90% downside.try not to put much stock in the internet jr draft experts....most of them just repeat what they hear. Very few guys really break down enough film and tape of players to know what the heck they are talking about. Lots of general information, lots of repeating of gossip, and lots of assumptions are rampant with internet drafnik guy.

The Texans didn't even release their old depth chart last year until really really late and had to be asked to do it kicking and screaming.ditto this

badboy
04-30-2007, 02:48 PM
I just did not see dline as most pressing need. Okoye looks like a solid pick, but we did nothing to resolve FS or corner. Boy I hope I am wrong. Maybe Fletcher will surprise me as Petey is still a nickle.

Texans_Chick
04-30-2007, 02:54 PM
I just did not see dline as most pressing need. Okoye looks like a solid pick, but we did nothing to resolve FS or corner. Boy I hope I am wrong. Maybe Fletcher will surprise me as Petey is still a nickle.

The Texans were starting street free agents on the line for most of the season. They did an amazing job given that most of them didn't go through training camp, but geez, you might think that is part of the reason why the Texans didn't have much of a pass rush.

Mario Williams didn't talk much during the offseason, but in one of the few radio interviews he gave, he said he wanted the Texans to draft D line. DeMeco Ryans said that he wanted them to draft linebacker. It is hard for current players to evaluate draft stuff without throwing their teammates under the bus, but clearly, when Williams is texting the line coach "OKOYE OKOYE OKOYE" before the 10th pick, he knows there is a problem.

No matter how many times some in the media say that Weaver is better, he is not shaped like a DT, and really got punished when he played at that position. He played some inside because the Texans were desparate to figure out what to do in the middle.

Lots of needs, no way to fix them all in one draft. The Texans are best off taking the BPA than reaching to get a CB or FS. Hopefully the guys they picked lower can provide some help on this team.

powerfuldragon
04-30-2007, 02:57 PM

atlas?

Kaiser Toro
04-30-2007, 04:34 PM
atlas?

a Guard who was forced by Kubiak to bear the sky on his shoulders

Malloy
05-01-2007, 03:38 AM
a Guard who was forced by Kubiak to bear the sky on his shoulders

First 'spilled my coffee' moment of the day.. :)

nunusguy
05-01-2007, 10:23 AM
No matter how many times some in the media say that Weaver is better, he is not shaped like a DT, and really got punished when he played at that position. He played some inside because the Texans were desparate to figure out what to do in the middle.

But the problem is if you put Weaver at strongside DE, which is his "natural" or best position in the 4-3, your faced with displacing Mario from that position, which is also his best position in the 4-3. Mario is not as good a fit at the weakside DE because, so far atleast, he just doesn't demonstrate the pure quickness you'd want over there. And no way is Weaver a weakside guy.
Anyway this was another criticism of the Mario pick last year, since just before last years Draft they'd made another strongside DE, Anthony Weaver, their #1 FA sign.

Errant Hothy
05-01-2007, 10:37 AM
I'm not sure what Harrison's position is. Stanford does not play a free and strong safety system, added with the fact that Harrison played some significant time at corner it'll ne interesting to see where he plays.

I'm still hoping that John Walker makes it at FS, though. For some reason I really like the kid.

Yankee_In_TX
05-01-2007, 11:16 AM

The Texans didn't even release their old depth chart last year until really really late and had to be asked to do it kicking and screaming.

I agree. Plus the coaches don't even know, training camp hasn't even started yet.

LORK 88
05-01-2007, 11:23 AM
I really dont think too much of this, we're going to go into camp with alot of battles and the reason why rookies aren't too high on this chart is because they have to earn it. We know what we have, we don't need a depth chart to tell us otherwise.

Errant Hothy
05-01-2007, 11:54 AM
Don't forget we might, though I really doubt it, pick some body up after the June 1st cuts.