PDA

View Full Version : Fox Sports gives our draft a C-

Pages : 1 [2]

Honoring Earl 34
05-02-2007, 05:41 PM
If Schaub is the guy or not ... we'll find out soon enough because he comes ready to play .

I think if Schaub is the real deal ... the Texans are a year away from a playoff run . If not we'll be talking about the same stuff next year .

Honoring Earl 34
05-02-2007, 05:42 PM
I wouldn't have taken Quinn, today, tomorrow - next year... I was glad to see him plummet, because I always thought he was over-rated. I wouldnt have take a QB in the first - period....

So... If I coveted Okoye (which I did), I would have grabbed him at #8 if I wanted. I would have had a second round (take Kolb if thats the guy you want in the second).... Basically the same thing - with A LOT less money spent...

Okoye - Kolb (or whichever qb thought fit best)= less money
Okoye - Schaub = Lots of money...

Kolb was taken by the Eagles with the Browns pick in the 2nd so you would have had to draft Kolb in the 1st .

Texan_Bill
05-02-2007, 05:43 PM
If Schaub is the guy or not ... we'll find out soon enough because he comes ready to play .

I think if Schaub is the real deal ... the Texans are a year away from a playoff run . If not we'll be talking about the same stuff next year .

Well, as a Texan fan - winning is more important than me being right or wrong. If I am wrong, I will man-up as I am making a payment for my play-off tickets and will be stoked about doing it....

Texan_Bill
05-02-2007, 05:45 PM
Kolb was taken by the Eagles with the Browns pick in the 2nd so you would have had to draft Kolb in the 1st .

And I wouldnt have done that - thats why someone else is on your board too. Maybe someone that you know will be available in the third freeing up what you can do in the second.. .

HARRYJ
05-02-2007, 06:32 PM
Kolb was a wasted pick for the Eagles! By the time he would be a starter he will be lost in a trade or FA! Do I think he will be starter some day? I don't care, I just wish the Texans had drafted his sorry azz and we had traded up and grabbed a nasty RB or a real mean LB!

Honoring Earl 34
05-02-2007, 06:57 PM
Who did you want Harry ?

Double Barrel
05-02-2007, 06:58 PM
Unfortunately some of those posters came over to TT from the old main board in the merger and were the main reasons I posted more on TT than the old main board...

Remember, my friend, that there is an ignore feature on this forum. You'd never even know if the poster(s) of your choice said a word. So you can sorta' customize it to fit your tastes. :)

Garcia coming to Houston was a myth. He never visited Houston. And the only indication the Texans were considering Garcia was a paragraph from John McClain.

Take that with a grain of salt. Make that the whole box.

Yep. I said something similar a few pages back. Garcia to Houston was just media talk, and the fact that Garcia said he would only sign with a potentially winning team means he'd never take the Texans' offer seriously.

Plummer and Garcia going to other teams was an answer to my prayers. ;)

I still don't understand why Shaub doesn't get the same benefit of the doubt that Carr recieved for five seasons. But that's just me.

Honoring Earl 34
05-02-2007, 07:43 PM
[QUOTE][/QI still don't understand why Shaub doesn't get the same benefit of the doubt that Carr recieved for five seasons. But that's just me.
UOTE]

Because if Schaub does well that means the other QB was'nt so good after all .

Specnatz
05-02-2007, 07:52 PM
Remember, my friend, that there is an ignore feature on this forum. You'd never even know if the poster(s) of your choice said a word. So you can sorta' customize it to fit your tastes. :)

Yep. I said something similar a few pages back. Garcia to Houston was just media talk, and the fact that Garcia said he would only sign with a potentially winning team means he'd never take the Texans' offer seriously.

Plummer and Garcia going to other teams was an answer to my prayers. ;)

I still don't understand why Shaub doesn't get the same benefit of the doubt that Carr recieved for five seasons. But that's just me.

Because that is logic, and I do not see Mr Spock (either of them) posting on this board. It is better to go ahead and hate rather than give anyone a chance to prove himself.

:pirate:

Runner
05-02-2007, 09:15 PM

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me? :)

Just joking. I don't have a problem with Schaub, although I'll wait a few games before deciding if he was worth the cost. We had to do something and he was a good option. I can understand people that have some trepidation about him; he is unproven on the starter's stage.

As you know, I'm more concerned about his having a decent supporting cast so he has the chance to succeed. That's no reflection on him though.

Mr. White
05-03-2007, 07:05 AM
Kolb was a wasted pick for the Eagles! By the time he would be a starter he will be lost in a trade or FA!

I'll bet he sees the field sometime this year. Donovan ain't the most durable QB in the league.

Texan_Bill
05-03-2007, 07:33 AM
Kolb was a wasted pick for the Eagles! By the time he would be a starter he will be lost in a trade or FA! Do I think he will be starter some day? I don't care, I just wish the Texans had drafted his sorry azz and we had traded up and grabbed a nasty RB or a real mean LB!

That would be the first... LOL!!

How's Dhani Jones doing?

Texan_Bill
05-03-2007, 07:38 AM
I'll bet he sees the field sometime this year. Donovan ain't the most durable QB in the league.

You dont think AJ Feeley or Kelly Holcombe would be ahead of Kolb on their depth chart (at least for this season as they bring him along)?

real
05-03-2007, 08:52 AM
I wouldn't have taken Quinn, today, tomorrow - next year... I was glad to see him plummet, because I always thought he was over-rated. I wouldnt have take a QB in the first - period....

So... If I coveted Okoye (which I did), I would have grabbed him at #8 if I wanted. I would have had a second round (take Kolb if thats the guy you want in the second).... Basically the same thing - with A LOT less money spent...

Okoye - Kolb (or whichever qb thought fit best)= less money
Okoye - Schaub = Lots of money...

I think that's the problem....

I don't believe we would have passed over Quinn...I think we would have taken him with the tenth pick...

But besides that, I don't really understand your money issue...First of all, Okoye was a little cheaper because we got him two spots later...Secondly, I don't believe that we as a franchise, can pass over players that we think have the possibility of being great because of past cap mistakes...I understand that you don't think Schaub is the guy and you'd have rather gone with Sage and Quinn, and that's fine...But if we're talking about realistic expectations, for the purposes of this argument, I think we should assume that the Texans would have drafted Quinn instead of aiming for Kolb(who was reached on by the way)...

And I understand that we may have gone the more exspensive route, but assuming in doing so we garnered the more quality players( Quinn+2nd VS. Schaub+okoye or even Okoye+Kolb) do you not think it was worth it in order to finally see some quality football around here ? Why piece together another season with Kolb and Sage when, in the Texans opinion, they had the chance to grab a guy who they think can be franchise at THE most important position on the team ?