PDA

View Full Version : Indy had a darn good first day...

GTFan
04-28-2007, 11:44 PM
Considering they're the reigning SB champs...Gonzalez, Ugoh, Hughes and Pittock...They made a killing...Why couldn't we have had that very same draft day. They answered every need we also had but with 4 picks....

Specnatz
04-29-2007, 01:02 AM
Considering they're the reigning SB champs...Gonzalez, Ugoh, Hughes and Pittock...They made a killing...Why couldn't we have had that very same draft day. They answered every need we also had but with 4 picks....

Geez are some of yall never freakin happy, whine complain moan and then whine somemore.

You have to include Schaub into our picks for this year as our second.

Kaiser Toro
04-29-2007, 09:09 AM
Indy had a great draft for themselves in my opinion. Addressing needs with players that have potential to be very productive for a long time.

V Man
04-29-2007, 09:38 AM
I was wondering what they were doing at the start of the draft. They had enough offensive (without Stokley) to win the SB, and then lost a ton of defense in FA. So with all the defensive players that were still on the board, they take Gonzalez, but like the tackle (Ugoh) they got, and got a steal in Pittock). Plus Hughes is a good CB, (despite what his 40 time was).

Il_Bruno
04-29-2007, 10:01 AM
The cover 2 system is perfect for Hughes, which is why i didnt want indy to take him. I was hoping for Tampa to snatch him up or for Indy to pass but that didnt happen.

And about their addition to their WRs, i think it was a good move for them. Gonzo seems like a perfect slot guy so their 3 WR set should be really deadly now, since they can move Dallas Clark back to his TE position.

you got the best WR tandem, Clark, a good slot guy and addai in the backfield.

oh yeah, and they've got Manning. Thankfully we're stacking up on D :d:

The1ApplePie
04-29-2007, 10:39 AM
We have to face Indy twice a year, but we still don't get any secondary help to stop them?:bat:

I don't think giving Ron Dayne's fat *** the ball 30 times will work this year.

michaelm
04-29-2007, 05:39 PM
We have to face Indy twice a year, but we still don't get any secondary help to stop them?:bat:

I don't think giving Ron Dayne's fat *** the ball 30 times will work this year.

It's been proven more than once... you don't beat Manning with secondary... you beat him by putting him on his ass!
If you don't put pressure on him, and don't put him on the ground, he will pick ANY secondary apart.

Vinny
04-29-2007, 05:43 PM
I was wondering what they were doing at the start of the draft. They had enough offensive (without Stokley) to win the SB, and then lost a ton of defense in FA. So with all the defensive players that were still on the board, they take Gonzalez, but like the tackle (Ugoh) they got, and got a steal in Pittock). Plus Hughes is a good CB, (despite what his 40 time was).Harrison is getting old and in decline...it's time they started to groom someone. They needed a Tackle too.