PDA

View Full Version : Vince Young on Jimmy Kimmel

gtexan02
04-17-2007, 11:48 PM
Did anyone catch the interview? I heard something about the Texans but wasn't paying attention! I'm curious as to what he said.

rockabilly
04-23-2007, 11:07 PM
that he was "hurt" that the Texans didnt take him. blah blah blah. And that it didnt matter because he was with the original Houston team.

blah blah.

mexican_texan
04-23-2007, 11:28 PM
I don't know what he said, but here's what I assume was said:

"uhh...ummm...."

[barely understandable answer]

"horrible fake laugh"

[repeat]

He and Vernon Davis are among the worst speakers in the league.

Double Barrel
04-24-2007, 01:35 AM
Go Madden curse! :redtowel:

gtexan02
04-24-2007, 08:02 AM
If anyone caught the rap part....truly embarassing.

He said he started a music label, and was a pretty good rapper himself. Apparently he's not.

Texans_Chick
04-24-2007, 08:10 AM
If you want to watch the interview, it is on YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSC0-4vjsas).

I think the rap thing was supposed to be a joke.

He did say how much he wants to beat the heck out of the Texans every time they play. Oh joy.

hollywood_texan
04-24-2007, 05:56 PM
I live right around the corner from where they tape Jimmy Kimmel.

Too bad I get stuck in my own life out here that I don't even know what goes on.

Blazing Arrow
04-24-2007, 06:00 PM
If you want to watch the interview, it is on YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSC0-4vjsas).

I think the rap thing was supposed to be a joke.

He did say how much he wants to beat the heck out of the Texans every time they play. Oh joy.

Seems to be living up to that bill.

OrangeLotPole8
04-24-2007, 06:30 PM
That blunder of passing on him will haunt us for years to come.

Specnatz
04-24-2007, 06:45 PM
That blunder of passing on him will haunt us for years to come.

That is if you believe it was a blunder. Which I do not!!

:texflag:

mexican_texan
04-24-2007, 08:27 PM
So I watched it and it seems he's much better at public speaking.

Though I still wish upon him a bad season and a bad career with the Titans.

Marcus
04-24-2007, 11:44 PM
I hope he blows out both of his knees next season.

There. I said what I really feel about him. Go ahead and shoot me.

mexican_texan
04-24-2007, 11:50 PM

*applause*

Double Barrel
04-25-2007, 12:10 AM

He must pay his dues to The Curse of Madden.

mexican_texan
04-25-2007, 12:26 AM
I'm glad I'm not the only one that's retained that Titan hate.

ledzeppelin229
04-25-2007, 12:38 AM

Take my avatar but turn the head coverings burnt orange and thats what you would face if the public read that.

Malloy
04-25-2007, 02:39 AM
Take my avatar but turn the head coverings burnt orange and thats what you would face if the public read that.

people with orange hats and glasses?

powerfuldragon
04-25-2007, 10:42 AM

i said something along those lines about a year ago and i got blasted with some negative rep... and hulk 75 even disapproved (go figure)

StarStruck
04-25-2007, 10:49 AM
I dread thinking about the possibility of his QB ability improving as much as much as his public speaking.

Blazing Arrow
04-25-2007, 11:02 AM

Class act hoping a player gets injured. Especially one so close to the state. I guess if you can't beat them hope they get injured.

I believe the term is sportsmanship.

Texan_Bill
04-25-2007, 01:30 PM
I hope he winds up on both of his knees next season. (as in getting up from being sacked several times)

There. I said what I really feel about him. Go ahead and shoot me

Kaiser Toro
04-25-2007, 01:34 PM
Personally I would prefer that he play both games and we sweep the Titans as I like to compete and beat teams when they are at full strength.

jerek
04-25-2007, 01:35 PM
Personally I would prefer that he play both games and we sweep the Titans as I like to compete and beat teams when they are at full strength.

I emphatically agree, but I'd settle for a beating with or without the poster child.

Double Barrel
04-25-2007, 01:41 PM
I want to see him play...but play very bad, giving up picks for TDs, getting sacked multiple time, etc.

And then I want to see Shaub run around the Titans homefield yelling "this is my house!" over and over again...well, maybe not that part. I'll settle for a couple of victories

Blazing Arrow
04-25-2007, 02:21 PM

See now that is a respectable answer.

Titan "Tack" Fan
04-25-2007, 11:38 PM
Don't be hatin'

Texan_Bill
04-26-2007, 10:06 AM
See now that is a respectable answer.

Suck-up! lol..

Specnatz
04-26-2007, 10:37 AM
Don't be hatin'

Well at least you have VY speach pattern down.

I hate tu and I hate the titans more.

Texan_Bill
04-26-2007, 10:51 AM
Well at least you have VY speach pattern down.

I hate tu and I hate the titans more.

Very nicely done!! :fans:

TexanSam
04-26-2007, 04:14 PM
I don't root for anyone to get hurt, but if he got injured and was lost for the season, I wouldn't shed a tear.

texasguy346
04-26-2007, 04:31 PM
He must pay his dues to The Curse of Madden.

Have you seen his Madden commercial yet? It's not fun to watch.

The Dream
04-26-2007, 04:33 PM
lol @ all the people thinking VY will get hurt....the curse can't touch the football God aka Vince Young....

SheTexan
04-26-2007, 04:50 PM
lol @ all the people thinking VY will get hurt....the curse can't touch the football God aka Vince Young....

D*mn!! Gotta go by a new keyboard, just puked all over this one!!!

hadaad
04-26-2007, 04:57 PM
Rather than seeing him get injured, I'd like to see him get sacked so many times that eventually his pocket presence disintegrated and he started dumping the ball off too much, rolling out when there's a solid pocket, right into sacks and... oh, wait...

The Dream
04-26-2007, 05:02 PM
D*mn!! Gotta go by a new keyboard, just puked all over this one!!!

I really don't understand why more of you guys don't like VY...I mean the guy is a hometown legend, he wanted to play here...hell he practically begged to play here, he's a good person from what I hear, he's always giving props to our city and he constantly gives back to our community...

Specnatz
04-26-2007, 05:14 PM
I really don't understand why more of you guys don't like VY...I mean the guy is a hometown legend, he wanted to play here...hell he practically begged to play here, he's a good person from what I hear, he's always giving props to our city and he constantly gives back to our community...

Since you have never met him why do you slobber all over him and worhsip him every night with a wet towel in one hand and ......

hadaad
04-26-2007, 05:14 PM
I don't have anything specific against Vince Young. I hate him on spec. Just like I hate Keith Bulluck. Just like I hate LenDale Wide. Just like I hate Jeff Fisher and every other Powder Blue puke.

I don't care that he's from Houston. He's a stinkin' Titanic and he can kiss off, just like all the Clots and the kitty-cats.

Blazing Arrow
04-26-2007, 05:17 PM
I don't have anything specific against Vince Young. I hate him on spec. Just like I hate Keith Bulluck. Just like I hate LenDale Wide. Just like I hate Jeff Fisher and every other Powder Blue puke.

I don't care that he's from Houston. He's a stinkin' Titanic and he can kiss off, just like all the Clots and the kitty-cats.

Shouldn't you list all the other 31 teams in the NFL to hate? I mean if you are going to hate a guy or team for being better then your team ....

hadaad
04-26-2007, 05:23 PM
Shouldn't you list all the other 31 teams in the NFL to hate? I mean if you are going to hate a guy or team for being better then your team ....

Better than my team? This has nothing to do with quality of team. This is all division, baby. I hate all of the Texans' division rivals. Passionately. Probably the others less than the Jags, but I hate them all, oh yes.

I used to hate the Steelers the worst but they're not in the division anymore.

76Texan
04-26-2007, 05:24 PM
This thread is way too cool! ahahahahaha :yahoo:

The Dream
04-26-2007, 05:30 PM
Since you have never met him why do you slobber all over him and worhsip him every night with a wet towel in one hand and ......

awwwwwwww man that was so clever..........

EDIT

I'd just like to add that I've noticed VY receive more hatred on this board than the Colts and Jags combined....

Blazing Arrow
04-26-2007, 05:40 PM

EDIT

I'd just like to add that I've noticed VY receive more hatred on this board than the Colts and Jags combined....

I wouldn't go that far. Jag fans typically have not clue as you can see from this thread ...

http://mb.jaguars.com/Topic236075-7-6.aspx

76Texan
04-26-2007, 05:40 PM

EDIT

we are more creative here! :doot:

Blazing Arrow
04-26-2007, 05:41 PM
Better than my team? This has nothing to do with quality of team. This is all division, baby. I hate all of the Texans' division rivals. Passionately. Probably the others less than the Jags, but I hate them all, oh yes.

I used to hate the Steelers the worst but they're not in the division anymore.

Ahh so you hatered is focused only on the division teams that skunk you every season. I understand now. :whip:

Blazing Arrow
04-26-2007, 05:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKURxvgBU5g

The Dream, not all Texans fans hate Young. If you wait till the end of the vid you will see he gets a standing O while he pumps his fist and blows kisses to all of them.

The Dream
04-26-2007, 05:47 PM
I wouldn't go that far. Jag fans typically have not clue as you can see from this thread ...

no you misunderstood me....on this board people hate on VY more than the Colts or Jags....and I really don't understand why he's been elevated to another level of hate when he's done nothing but good for our city....

hadaad
04-26-2007, 05:48 PM
Ahh so you hatered is focused only on the division teams that skunk you every season. I understand now. :whip:

I mentioned the kitty-cats. I'd have called them the F**uars, but I don't want to get in trouble. And that's the only really clever name I could come up with them.

No, I pretty much hate the AFC south except the titans.

hadaad
04-26-2007, 05:49 PM
no you misunderstood me....on this board people hate on VY more than the Colts or Jags....and I really don't understand why he's been elevated to another level of hate when he's done nothing but good for our city....

I think at least a small part of that is how he's said repeatedly how much he wants to destroy us each time he plays us. I know that makes me hope he doesn't do so well.

Of course, everyone who plays us wants to beat us, but with him, it really sounds like sour grapes.

DiapHer
04-26-2007, 05:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKURxvgBU5g

The Dream, not all Texans fans hate Young. If you wait till the end of the vid you will see he gets a standing O while he pumps his fist and blows kisses to all of them.

I didn't get a "standing O" when I saw it!!!

The Dream
04-26-2007, 05:52 PM
Of course, everyone who plays us wants to beat us, but with him, it really sounds like sour grapes.

Well the guy just uses it as motivation...I mean I can't blame him for wanting to destroy us, when

A. he was the best player in college football
B. houston is his home town
C. he begged to come here
D. the reason he didn't come here was because "we had David Carr"

*special emphasis on letter D*.........the guys a competitor so you've got to expect that from him.

Blazing Arrow
04-26-2007, 05:53 PM
I mentioned the kitty-cats. I'd have called them the F**uars, but I don't want to get in trouble. And that's the only really clever name I could come up with them.

No, I pretty much hate the AFC south except the titans.

In total agreement there. Sorry I mistook you for a Texans fan.

hadaad
04-26-2007, 05:56 PM
Well the guy just uses it as motivation...I mean I can't blame him for wanting to destroy us, when

A. he was the best player in college football
B. houston is his home town
C. he begged to come here
D. the reason he didn't come here was because "we had David Carr"

*special emphasis on letter D*.........the guys a competitor so you've got to expect that from him.

I expect competitors to be able to get up for any game, not to have to use perceived personal slights as a motivator.

What does he do when the memory of that sting fades? What does he do if Bob McNair suddenly offers a public apology to Vince Young? (Not going to happen, I know) How does he go on after a crushing defeat at the hands of the Texans? It just seems a little immature of him to go off like that. Just my opinion.

Blazing Arrow
04-26-2007, 06:03 PM

Inferiority complex that is rubbed in there faces 2 times a season? :gun:

Plus he is a Titan, owned by the "evil" (http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/showthread.php?t=27739&page=4) Bud Adams

Blazing Arrow
04-26-2007, 06:07 PM
What does he do when the memory of that sting fades?

Hug one of his many super bowl trophies? :trophy:

The Dream
04-26-2007, 06:08 PM
I expect competitors to be able to get up for any game, not to have to use perceived personal slights as a motivator.

in every professional sport there are players who get a tad bit more motivated for certain teams (for various reasons)....it's part of our human nature to want to succeed against doubters.....

What does he do when the memory of that sting fades?

I don't think it ever will.....that's what I like about Vince, he makes sure to stick it to his doubters.

Double Barrel
04-26-2007, 06:24 PM
Plus he is a Titan, owned by the "evil" (http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/showthread.php?t=27739&page=4) Bud Adams

There is no other reason to hate him than that.

If I was going to root for a division rival's QB (which I'm not), I'd go with Peyton Manning, a proven commodity, record setter, and champion. Dude is already a living HoF legend, and he's still playing!

And don't even try to put VY up their with Manning at this point in his career, or I'll have to point and laugh at you.

Specnatz
04-26-2007, 07:21 PM
Hug one of his many super bowl trophies? :trophy:

Did he buy some off of ebay or something?

Titan "Tack" Fan
04-26-2007, 08:15 PM
QB - Vince Young
RB - Michael Turner/LenDale White
WR - Brandon Jones/Ted Ginn Jr

scared yet?

Blazing Arrow
04-26-2007, 08:18 PM
:thumbdown Ginn Jr. Dante Hall was avalible during the signing period.

hadaad
04-26-2007, 11:52 PM
Wow, so not only are you already giving him victories over the Texans that he hasn't earned but now you're giving him Superbowl, too? What colour is the HOF jacket? you might want to buy one now while the sales are still on.

Blazing Arrow
04-27-2007, 12:42 AM
Wow, so not only are you already giving him victories over the Texans that he hasn't earned but now you're giving him Superbowl, too? What colour is the HOF jacket? you might want to buy one now while the sales are still on.

after you use the line:

How does he go on after a crushing defeat at the hands of the Texans?

:potkettle:

What in the history of the Titans vs Texans would make you even believe that was possible?

hadaad
04-27-2007, 01:15 AM
What in the history of the Titans vs Texans would make you even believe that was possible?

Seriously, it was a hypothetical situation and do you really never expect the Titans to lose big to the Texans at all?

Blazing Arrow
04-27-2007, 10:12 AM
Seriously, it was a hypothetical situation and do you really never expect the Titans to lose big to the Texans at all?

By the time they put up a winning season the team will have already announced the move to LA.

infantrycak
04-27-2007, 10:33 AM
By the time they put up a winning season the team will have already announced the move to LA.

I seriously doubt they move to LA this year.

By the way, what team do you root for?

Texan_Bill
04-27-2007, 10:52 AM

Here is why for me:

First, I dont like the high school he played for.
Second, I dont like the University he played for.
Third, I HATE the pro team he plays for.
Fourth, One season in the NFL and "he's a God"??? pffft please
Fifth, where's the love for Joseph Adai... Super Bowl champ, 1000 yard season
Sixth, where's the love for Michael Strahan...he's been doing it a long time in the NFL.
Seventh, where's the love for many, many- many players from our city that have gone on to have great careers....

I could keep going, but I would wind up with carpal tunnel syndrome...

Vinny
04-27-2007, 10:54 AM
I like Joseph Adai...but he's not a huge game changing player like VY. That's probably why....some players just capture your fan imagination. Some local players just end up superstars....some are "just" stars

Texan_Bill
04-27-2007, 11:21 AM
I like Joseph Adai...but he's not a huge game changing player like VY. That's probably why....some players just capture your fan imagination. Some local players just end up superstars....some are "just" stars

Personal tastes.. I would take a Super Bowl Championship and non-starter rushing for 1,000 yards over what VY did for Tenessee. We've seen this act before.... Mike Vick. I am not saying thats a for sure how VY's career will turn out, but it looks to be eerily paralleling it (albeit after only one year)...

But none of that is really the point, because unfortunately Adai, played at high school and university that I really didnt like either... lol. I was merely stating a few points as to why I don't worship the almighty, water walking, god that is VY...

Texan_Bill
04-27-2007, 11:22 AM

I forgot to add, that IMHO, VY has not done enough at the Pro Level to be considered a superstar, yet. Than again, today's football society has bastardized the term "superstar".

Blazing Arrow
04-27-2007, 12:08 PM

Oh I get it you think you are going to have a winning season this year .....

I'm a Sharks fan.

Texan_Bill
04-27-2007, 12:17 PM

Its wishfull thinking on his (Blazing Arrow's) part. He is a Tinbread fan in Cali (great combo - :rolleyes: ..BUT he secretly loves the Texans and sorely wishes the Texans would move to LA... I have told him repeatedly that he would actually have a better chance of the titans or jags moving to LA than the Texans.... Alas, he never listens.

Blazing Arrow
04-27-2007, 12:52 PM
LA is a 5 hour drive moving at 85+ the entire way.

Actually what I secretly hope for is to see the Faiders move back to LA. The looking in the Faider fans face's would be priceless.

Texan_Bill
04-27-2007, 01:09 PM
In Texas, a 5 hour drive is nothing.

With the attendance that I saw a couple of times last season, the Faiders may be considering a move back to LA.

HARRYJ
04-27-2007, 01:09 PM
Oh I get it you think you are going to have a winning season this year .....

I'm a Sharks fan.

Do you follw any other teams?:cowboy1:

Blazing Arrow
04-27-2007, 01:20 PM
In Texas, a 5 hour drive is nothing.

With the attendance that I saw a couple of times last season, the Faiders may be considering a move back to LA.

In CA everyone drives fast. If you do not go 85+ on I-5 you will get run over.

The city stopped fans from tailgating because it was getting out of hand. To much fighting to much drinking prior to the game and people were just wasted when they got in the game. If you have never been to a Faider game it is defiantly an experience. You can walk in there with your family and if you have any other teams gear on you are almost guarantied to get in a fight. If they lose it is 100% on your way out. I honestly wish they would move. They ruined the A's stadium.

Harry, I am also an A's fan :shades:

HARRYJ
04-27-2007, 01:58 PM
I see here you're coming from!:user:

Vinny
04-27-2007, 02:17 PM
I forgot to add, that IMHO, VY has not done enough at the Pro Level to be considered a superstar, yet. Than again, today's football society has bastardized the term "superstar".rookie of the year, pro bowl and pretty much unstoppable on 3rd downs is a nice start to superstardom. He had a better rookie year than John Elway and the Broncos D didn't give up 400 points like the Titanics did either. Not too many "superstar" players have had a better start to their careers.

Titan "Tack" Fan
04-27-2007, 02:18 PM
rookie of the year, pro bowl and pretty much unstoppable on 3rd downs is a nice start to superstardom.

/\ What he said

infantrycak
04-27-2007, 02:28 PM
rookie of the year, pro bowl and pretty much unstoppable on 3rd downs is a nice start to superstardom.

He had a great year and much better than many expected. I do think the pro bowl is kind of cheap since he was like the 3rd or 4th alternate and just had people in front of him drop out in droves. Ryans was higher up on the list but no one dropped out so he isn't a pro bowler.

Double Barrel
04-27-2007, 02:39 PM
I am not a Vince Young fan (and even further from a Titans fan), but as a fan of the NFL, VY can bring it and looks set to have a stellar football career...unfortunately.

Texan_Bill
04-27-2007, 02:50 PM
rookie of the year, pro bowl and pretty much unstoppable on 3rd downs is a nice start to superstardom. He had a better rookie year than John Elway and the Broncos D didn't give up 400 points like the Titanics did either. Not too many "superstar" players have had a better start to their careers.

Infantrycak stole my thunder about the pro-bowl appearance.

Scrambling for first downs on 3rd down is absolutely valuable and is a "start" on his way to superstardom. However, I will bet you donuts to dollars that teams will catch up with him - especially until he learns to throw the ball effectively...

The rest of the accolades he received this year, were merely a cog in the media hype wheel.. We've seen this time and time again. Until he has a body of work that is made up of less than a season, its premature to make comparisons to Elway and others. The cover of Madden makes him a media superstar, but lets see how his career winds up before we create a bust and send him to Canton.

Blazing Arrow
04-27-2007, 04:19 PM
How about greatest comeback by a rookie in NFL history?

Leahmic223
04-29-2007, 12:25 PM
Did you guys see those Madden Commercials... Bush and VY...I cringe everytime I see them.

"To those that passed me up...Thanks" -Reggie Bush

Then they have VY and the Texan footage...

I am thinking..."Okay they have one with D'Meco since they are showing Rookies." nope.

It is offical, Madden hates Houston.

Texan_Bill
04-30-2007, 08:12 AM
I'm thinking that its cheesy marketing and that both those guys will wind up falling flat on their respective faces a la Mike Vick and his over hyped publicity machine....

But I could be wrong..... Afterall, advertising companies, EPSN and the NFL marketing machines, very rarely "miss"..... :rolleyes:

The Dream
04-30-2007, 03:53 PM
Did you guys see those Madden Commercials... Bush and VY...I cringe everytime I see them.

"To those that passed me up...Thanks" -Reggie Bush

Then they have VY and the Texan footage...

I am thinking..."Okay they have one with D'Meco since they are showing Rookies." nope.

It is offical, Madden hates Houston.

no...madden has common sense (unlike the Texans)...Vy and Reggie are much more popular than Demeco, so it makes sense to have them doing the commercials

I'm thinking that its cheesy marketing and that both those guys will wind up falling flat on their respective faces a la Mike Vick and his over hyped publicity machine....

I think it's more of you "hoping" that, than "thinking" that.

Wolf
04-30-2007, 03:55 PM
yeah marketing ..yes.. they jumped on the bandwagon

from a "hope" stand point... Colston is more interesting but not popular and honestly not as marketable

Double Barrel
04-30-2007, 04:53 PM
The cover of Madden makes him a media superstar, but lets see how his career winds up before we create a bust and send him to Canton.

There is also the chance that he's set up to fail. Think about it: because of his Madden superstarness, his rookie Pro Bowl appearance, his OROY award, he is now considered an NFL (super)starter, and his mistakes will be that much more glaring. I've heard commentators say that VY doesn't need a 'learning curve' because he's already got the NFL thing down.

But the NFL is one thing if nothing else: brutal in it's equilibrium. For every action, there is an opposite. Nobody is so badass that they have to rewrite the rule books, and NFL minds have a way of exposing weaknesses and exploiting them accordingly.

Wolf
04-30-2007, 04:59 PM
true DB...when I think of game changing players I think of LT but as far as QB's

Cunningham was too.. but defenses caught up
Michael Vick...defenses adjusted.
Elway..defenses adjusted (playoff time) until TD
Manning..he finally made it.but previous ..defenses overall adjusted
your point is taken

and y'all can blame me on the Colts superbowl. I said in the reg season that they wouldn't go because of their defense.. and somehow overnight they found out how to stop the run after the Texans game

Texan_Bill
04-30-2007, 05:18 PM
Great points DB (as usual), and Wolf, I officially blame you for the Colts winning the Super Bowl... lol...

Wolf, you can also add to your list (not a particular player) but an offensive scheme: "the Run and Shoot".. No one could stop it initially, but as usual in the NFL, teams caught up to it...

Wolf
04-30-2007, 05:33 PM
Great points DB (as usual), and Wolf, I officially blame you for the Colts winning the Super Bowl... lol...

Wolf, you can also add to your list (not a particular player) but an offensive scheme: "the Run and Shoot".. No one could stop it initially, but as usual in the NFL, teams caught up to it...
very good point TB and we also had a very good defense to boot !

rep coming

76Texan
04-30-2007, 05:44 PM
very good point TB and we also had a very good defense to boot !

rep coming

if blaming get good reps... do it again, Bill. :whip:

Texan_Bill
05-01-2007, 11:02 AM
if blaming get good reps... do it again, Bill. :whip:

I blame 76.... :whip:
Thanks Wolf!