PDA

View Full Version : NBC adds Olbermann to pregame program

Kaiser Toro
04-17-2007, 08:27 AM
I have always liked Olbermann.

http://charlotte.com/317/story/88238.html

NEW YORK --Keith Olbermann will return to sports for the first time in six years to join Cris Collinsworth as co-host of the pregame show for NBC's Sunday night NFL telecasts.

Olbermann, who hosts the prime-time newscast and opinion show "Countdown with Keith Olbermann" on MSNBC, will join with host Bob Costas and analysts Jerome Bettis, Tiki Barber and Peter King on "Football Night in America."

An anchor for ESPN's "SportsCenter" in 1992-97, Olbermann last appeared on network TV in 2001 as host of postseason baseball coverage for Fox. His job on the NBC show will be to narrate highlights and discuss NFL news and issues.

Double Barrel
04-17-2007, 03:07 PM
I think NBC is competing with CBS to be the squarest pre-game show.

Olbermann is funny on the Dan Patrick Show, but I think his strength is baseball knowledge more than anything. It should be interesting to see how he does for an NFL show.

HoustonFrog
04-17-2007, 03:15 PM
He is great with sports, not so good in other arenas..JMO. So this is fine by me.

Texan_Bill
04-17-2007, 03:49 PM
He is great with sports, not so good in other arenas..JMO. So this is fine by me.

I couldn't agree more...

Errant Hothy
04-17-2007, 03:55 PM
I like Olbermenn, but a pairing of Olbermann and Collinsworth does little for me. I mean what are the chances of them having good chemistry? On a different note they should let Olbermann due the highlights from the day. This just struck me, is Olbermann supposed to be a re-vamp of the news guy turned sports guy ala Rush...except this would be the sports guy turned news guy turned back to sports guy.

Whatever it is I don't think it's going to work.

dskillz
04-17-2007, 05:09 PM
Dammit, I was hoping he was replacing Costas...