PDA

View Full Version : NFL Europe: Texans

TexanFan881
04-14-2007, 05:23 PM
A few games have taken place today and some of our Texans got some playing time.

Harry Williams, WR - 1 catch for 11 yards

Quinton Porter, QB - 2-5 35 yards

John Walker, S - 1 tackle, 1 INT

A lot of people have been looking at John and to get a INT the first game of the year is pretty impressive.

Ex-Texan Tony Hollings also got a rushing TD :)

Kaiser Toro
04-14-2007, 05:29 PM
Appreciate the heads up

http://www.nfleurope.com/

Specnatz
04-14-2007, 05:34 PM
Thank You timewarner but then again I would have missed it anyway watching the Astros game. :bat:

V Man
04-14-2007, 06:57 PM
Thanks for the update.

Also were is Walker from?

OzzO
04-14-2007, 07:32 PM
Crud, guess I gotta search for the shows - but is there a standard day / time /station NFLe is on?

NorthEastTexansFan
04-15-2007, 03:46 PM
I saw that Q. Porter actually ended up 9-13 for 109 and a TD, a passer rating of 120.4

I watched most of the game using the fieldpass at nfl.com

http://www.nfl.com/fieldpass

Porter started out slow, being rusty after going nearly 2 years without a start, but by the second half he looked very sharp, and his winning scoring drive was a very nice piece of work.

He also ran 3 times for 35 yard for a couple of 1st downs, the commentators were very surprised by his speed and athletic ability, at 6'5" and 230.

You can catch all the NFL europe games online with the fieldpass, at least one will be live, and the other two are tape delayed. They show that Porter's Centurians will be the live game next week.

TexanFan881
04-15-2007, 05:04 PM
I saw that Q. Porter actually ended up 9-13 for 109 and a TD, a passer rating of 120.4

I watched most of the game using the fieldpass at nfl.com

http://www.nfl.com/fieldpass

Porter started out slow, being rusty after going nearly 2 years without a start, but by the second half he looked very sharp, and his winning scoring drive was a very nice piece of work.

He also ran 3 times for 35 yard for a couple of 1st downs, the commentators were very surprised by his speed and athletic ability, at 6'5" and 230.

You can catch all the NFL europe games online with the fieldpass, at least one will be live, and the other two are tape delayed. They show that Porter's Centurians will be the live game next week.

I have no idea how I got the stats so wrong but thanks for the correction. I thought I saw that somewhere too :thumbup

Double Barrel
04-15-2007, 11:33 PM
Good to hear that some of our guys are getting some reps. You never know when the experience might pay off in the future. These guys have to be hungry to be slugging it out in Europe during the NFL off-season.

Malloy
04-16-2007, 06:57 AM
I might need to get that NFL-pass thing going. I'm starting to get the football shakes now.. where's that damn draft...

WaywardTexanFan
04-16-2007, 06:58 AM
Crud, guess I gotta search for the shows - but is there a standard day / time /station NFLe is on?

NFLEuropa is shown on the NFLN on Saturdays.

Texans_Chick
04-16-2007, 08:12 AM
I kinda root for Quinton Porter.

I met him at a Texans kids clinic and he was super nice to the kids. I caught a couple of passes from him--he whipped a couple of passes to a friend of mine who could deal with the heat.

The guy is huge. I like his story...being asked to come to Houston and he didn't have much money, so he walked to the ToysRUs near the stadium and bought a bicycle and rode a bike back and forth to practice for a while. I can't imagine them having a bike there nearly big enough for him.

His father died of a heart attack Porter's junior year in school.

Nice to hear of him doing alright.

Vinny
04-16-2007, 08:33 AM
I don't think I ever realized he was that big.

Errant Hothy
04-16-2007, 09:30 AM
Thanks for the update.

Also were is Walker from?

Walker is from USC. Signed as an UDFA, played CB for the Trojans. Started playing football in like due to an acting contract.

Runner
04-16-2007, 05:11 PM
I'm not sure what NFL Europe proves any more. Last time the Texans had an NFLe MVP and championship winner he never saw the field in the NFL.

Texans_Chick
04-16-2007, 05:17 PM
I'm not sure what NFL Europe proves any more. Last time the Texans had an NFLe MVP and championship winner he never saw the field in the NFL.

He threw lefty. And he didn't fit in the Texans offense. The coaches wanted their QBs to be fungible.

But yeah, it might be hard for a lefty QB to catch on late with a different team if they have to learn a system from scratch. Sometimes an NFL career is a combo of luck, circumstance and skill. Brett Favre and Tom Brady come to mind.

Runner
04-16-2007, 05:23 PM
Fungibility is probably big for this current staff.

Too bad the previous regime didn't put more emphasis on their QB understanding the offense and nuances of the position. That was our NFLe MVP's strength.

mexican_texan
04-16-2007, 05:24 PM
We all know about Delhomme and Viniatieri and Kurt Warner...but have any NFLE player had success in the NFL lately?

Vinny
04-16-2007, 05:45 PM
David Akers, Joe Andruzzi, Bryan Fletcher, La'Roi Glover, and Dante Hall all played in NFLe...I'm sure there are more guys but I can't think of too many more off the top of my head.

vtech9
04-16-2007, 10:35 PM
David Akers, Joe Andruzzi, Bryan Fletcher, La'Roi Glover, and Dante Hall all played in NFLe...I'm sure there are more guys but I can't think of too many more off the top of my head.

One of my favorite Texans played in Europe... J. J. Moses. We could have used him last year with Mathis out.

Texan_Bill
04-17-2007, 07:56 AM
Speaking of NFL Europa - what happened to all of those Dave Ragone fans that swore he was ready to take the reigns of an NFL team???

Runner
04-17-2007, 05:32 PM
Speaking of NFL Europa - what happened to all of those Dave Ragone fans that swore he was ready to take the reigns of an NFL team???

Right here - and he should have been handed the reigns of the Houston NFL team over Carr in mid-season 2005.