PDA

View Full Version : Who tailgates in the yellow lot?

ensign_lee
04-12-2007, 06:00 PM
***I NEED TAILGATING BUDDIES ***********

:cowboy1:

So uh, speak up oh ye who pregame in the parking lot made of gold! :wild:

Double Barrel
04-12-2007, 06:04 PM
The Texans Demolition Crew here to represent!! :texflag:

We need to hook up next season. We can't be but a short walk away from each other. :howdy:

Hagar
04-12-2007, 06:53 PM
I'm part of the Texan Mojo Tailgating Party, were always around. Look for the Steel Blue FedEx truck on the grassy area (the best area for tailgating IMO).

:beerfunnel:

TEXANS84
04-12-2007, 08:50 PM
The Texans Demolition Crew here to represent!! :texflag:

We need to hook up next season. We can't be but a short walk away from each other. :howdy:

Hey DB, I'll come tailgate with ya for a game.

I actually have season yellow passes, but always walk over to the BC if I'm not throwing a big tailgate.

Double Barrel
04-13-2007, 12:02 AM
Hey DB, I'll come tailgate with ya for a game.

I actually have season yellow passes, but always walk over to the BC if I'm not throwing a big tailgate.

Anytime, man. Infantrycak, Kaiser Toro, and Yankee in Texas stopped by and hung out last year. Always a good time. :thumbup

Speedy
04-13-2007, 08:42 PM
http://inlinethumb56.webshots.com/1143/2558715500041913566S425x425Q85.jpg

That's Bull representing.

Kaiser Toro
04-14-2007, 10:27 AM
I am trading my blue lot for yellow lot this year. Looking forward to a great year.

uhcougar08
04-14-2007, 11:00 PM
I am a yellow lot tailgater, and this is my first year as a season ticket holder. I will be loud and proud.

Hagar
04-15-2007, 08:07 PM
I'm sure the other lots are great, but when its 95 degrees outside, I'd rather be on grass.

Now if I can get the Texans to put in a slip -n- slide, we'll be set.:whip:

dskillz
04-16-2007, 11:57 AM
I am in the Yellow lot as well. I always try to atleast go say hello to the mojo crew, but my shotgun days are behind me.

Before the season we need to maybe post pics of ourselves so we will know who each other is. Just an idea.

texanskan
04-18-2007, 01:16 AM
yellow lot here, we have a large setup on the Murworth fence

Double Barrel
04-18-2007, 01:29 PM
yellow lot here, we have a large setup on the Murworth fence

I take it you're one of those 'concrete dwellers' in yellow? :shades:

dskillz
04-20-2007, 09:40 AM
It's all about tailgating on the grass. I can't wait for football!

Hagar
04-20-2007, 10:29 PM
It's all about tailgating on the grass. I can't wait for football!Its funny, at the end of the season, I'm kinda ready for it to end; probably because we lose so much. But just before draft time, I can feel it start building. I'm getting the fever BABY!

Kaiser Toro
04-21-2007, 09:02 AM
I'm getting the fever BABY!

Can someone get the man some more cowbell? A bottle of Jack and donut to go may help as well. :)

ensign_lee
04-22-2007, 01:14 AM
Yeah, we definitely need a way to find each other this time around. :fans:

FILO_girl
04-22-2007, 10:56 AM
I have been wanting to go check out what y'all have built out there, but not sure if I want to hike clear to Waller County or not. :shades:

Seems that there is alot going on out there, kudos to all that have built up the rep out in the far reaches! :texflag:

texanmojo
04-24-2007, 01:56 PM
I have been wanting to go check out what y'all have built out there, but not sure if I want to hike clear to Waller County or not. :shades:

Seems that there is alot going on out there, kudos to all that have built up the rep out in the far reaches! :texflag:

I think someone had posted a thread in the last year that showed a map of the lots with circles drawn around the center of the stadium on it. The Yellow lot was not any further out than many parts of Orange if I remember correctly.

nflnutswife
04-24-2007, 08:54 PM
New job has kept me away from ya'll, but I'm not leavin the yellow lot!:texflag:

texanfan2002114
04-30-2007, 11:01 PM
Goal Post Gang inviting you out!! You can miss us, we have the only full size Yellow school bus in the yellow lot and we always park up front!!

YellerLotYeller
05-01-2007, 02:01 AM
Man, Yellow Lotters have the best tailgating vehicles!

We did the grass the first couple of years, but now we are side walk dwellers...we get the best of both worlds, grass and concrete. Plus if you're an opposing fan you cant avoid getting blasted with the bullhorn!

dskillz
05-09-2007, 11:54 AM
I will definitely try to visit everyone in this thread at the Chicago preseason game. Gotta get pics!!!

Hardcore Texan
07-08-2007, 09:18 PM
Anytime, man. Infantrycak, Kaiser Toro, and Yankee in Texas stopped by and hung out last year. Always a good time. :thumbup

Well, I try to make it to one game a year from the Austin area but I have never been able to tailgate. This year that is going to change. My wife and I are going to be coming to the Texans/titans on 10-21-07. I am going to look for you guys, the blue FED EX truck, the yellow bus, and anyone of the posters that don't mind us hangin out. I will probably shoot some PM's out before hand.

I am already looking for tickets now, so if anyone wants to sell to diehard fan, I am your guy.

I hope to get to party with a lot of you guys before that game.

Double Barrel
07-09-2007, 12:35 PM
You are always welcomed to our tailgate. Just give me a heads up before your trip and we'll make sure to keep your favorite beverage on ice for ya'!

Hardcore Texan
07-09-2007, 01:13 PM
You are always welcomed to our tailgate. Just give me a heads up before your trip and we'll make sure to keep your favorite beverage on ice for ya'!

Wow, thanks DB! That's extremely gracious of you. I will probably take you up on that.

Hardcore Texan
07-21-2007, 12:34 PM
Okay it's official. I will be there, in the yellow lot, on 10-21-07. I went to the post office today and :mail: voila, my recently purchased tickets and parking pass have arrived!!

Now I am in countdown mode, until the mother ship calls me home.

:fans: :splits: :texflag:

bignasty
07-29-2007, 10:52 AM
We tailgate in the Yellow lot also. We are Get N da truck tailgaters. We have the saloon setup that everyone who exits the concrete side has to pass by. We have band showing up for the Prime time game. Everyone should come check them out. 2 MORE weeks.....:pirate:

dskillz
07-30-2007, 08:33 PM
We tailgate in the Yellow lot also. We are Get N da truck tailgaters. We have the saloon setup that everyone who exits the concrete side has to pass by. We have band showing up for the Prime time game. Everyone should come check them out. 2 MORE weeks.....:pirate:

Can you post a picture of your set-up? I swear I have seen you guys, just want to make sure I got the right group in mind.

dskillz
07-30-2007, 10:26 PM
Soon and very soon!

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/111/261784660_6bc4b49f97.jpg

bignasty
07-31-2007, 09:59 AM
Here is a few PIC's. I do not really have any from last year. Also note most of pics are taken first thing in the morning before I completely :gun:
This is one of our layout with almost nobody there
http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o257/baduck1974/Football%20Pics/TexansvsJacksonville2005005.jpg
Here are our supermen mascots
http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o257/baduck1974/Football%20Pics/CowboysvsTexans2004004.jpg
Here is shot of the last night game we had with F-Co playing
http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o257/baduck1974/Football%20Pics/TexansvsKansasCity2005002.jpg

bignasty
07-31-2007, 10:14 AM
Here is pic of Juice, my wife and myself at the Taks game last year. And our favorite waitress's
http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o257/baduck1974/Football%20Pics/TexansvsTitansRoadTrip2006003.jpg
And
http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o257/baduck1974/Football%20Pics/TexansvsTitansRoadTrip2006010.jpg

YellerLotYeller
08-01-2007, 01:13 AM
Thats my buddies wife(Colts Fan)...she is faster than 90% of the guys there.
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h318/hollman/shotgun30.jpg
This was a good crowd for the Miami game. Where were all of yall for the Colts game...hmmmm?

dskillz
08-01-2007, 11:00 AM
Thats my buddies wife(Colts Fan)...she is faster than 90% of the guys there.
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h318/hollman/shotgun30.jpg
This was a good crowd for the Miami game. Where were all of yall for the Colts game...hmmmm?

Sounds like your buddy is a lucky man...in more ways than one.:user:

They were out there. There was no one there at all due to the holiday and the crappy weather. The set-up was on the concrete, not the grass.

YellerLotYeller
08-01-2007, 12:41 PM
Sounds like your buddy is a lucky man...in more ways than one.:user:

They were out there. There was no one there at all due to the holiday and the crappy weather. The set-up was on the concrete, not the grass.

Oh I remember....

Can't wait til it's time again!!

The Dream
08-01-2007, 04:21 PM
good to see you getting your "steve weiser" on.

texanfan2002114
08-01-2007, 04:26 PM
Just an update for anbody that cares. I know that I said that I have a yellow bus and I think I have had a few people have said there were going to come by and see it, but the bus is getting an update.

We will still be parking right behind Shotgun 30, but the bus is being painted and will roll out with its new paint job for the Dallas preseaon game ( I hope, fingers crossed). So don't look for yellow, look for LIBERTY WHITE!!! :texflag: :texflag:

dskillz
08-02-2007, 10:25 AM
Was that the long schoolbus with the 'Fantasy North' signage on it?

bpe3
08-02-2007, 11:42 PM
I remember that Colt Fan. She's welcome at Texan Mojo anytime.

bpe3

texanfan2002114
08-03-2007, 09:34 AM
Was that the long schoolbus with the 'Fantasy North' signage on it?

Yes it is!! But its getting its makeover right now. We have one big sponser on it instead of the small ones. Sorry if the Fantasy North sticker offened anybody!

dskillz
08-03-2007, 10:41 AM
Yes it is!! But its getting its makeover right now. We have one big sponser on it instead of the small ones. Sorry if the Fantasy North sticker offened anybody!

Didn't offend me, I was hoping it was 'Fantasy North' on wheels!!!!

I will be sure to come by and say hello next week!

texanfan2002114
08-03-2007, 01:34 PM
Didn't offend me, I was hoping it was 'Fantasy North' on wheels!!!!

I will be sure to come by and say hello next week!

The bus won't be out there next week. It will be ready by the second preseason game. Damn painter is overbooked right now and couldn't get it to me before the 22nd of Aug.

datchapin
08-09-2007, 07:05 PM
Who's gonna be at the Bears game. Me and a buddy are going, we wanna know where to go and what we should bring. Much appreciated. GO TEXANS!!!

GlassHalfFull
08-20-2007, 06:12 PM
Can somebody give a rundown of tailgating etiquette? We are new season ticket holders and would love to tailgate, but it isnít much fun unless you are part of a group. What is the best way to find a group to tailgate with?:texflag:

dskillz
08-21-2007, 04:57 PM
Can somebody give a rundown of tailgating etiquette? We are new season ticket holders and would love to tailgate, but it isnít much fun unless you are part of a group. What is the best way to find a group to tailgate with?:texflag:

First of all, if you have your own lil group, you can have a good time on your own. Actually, just hanging out there, seeing the same people every week can form friendships. Usually getting there early (at 8 or a lil after 8) you see the same people every week you can create a tailgating alliance or somewhat.

You can go hang out at the Mojo tailgate every week. Just going there every 30 mins for the shotgun will get you some friends. Everyone out there is friendly. They are in the front row, a big Mojo-mobile and every 30 minutes.

It all depends on how outgoing you are and are you ready to step up, introduce yourself, you should be able to meet a few friends. I have met alot of people out there that I look forward to seeing weekly.

Double Barrel
08-21-2007, 05:12 PM

Set up your canopy and chairs, and walk around. Texans fans are nothing if not friendly, and I've made more friends than I can count in the past five years as a result. It's a really great atmosphere and fun times for all.

Oh yeah, park on the grass, too. Much nicer than baking on concrete, IMO. :cowboy1:

texanmojo
08-21-2007, 05:35 PM
Oh yeah, park on the grass, too. Much nicer than baking on concrete, IMO. :cowboy1:

Come on now DB...don't give away all the trade secrets!

Da_General
08-21-2007, 10:59 PM
Set up your canopy and chairs, and walk around. Texans fans are nothing if not friendly, and I've made more friends than I can count in the past five years as a result. It's a really great atmosphere and fun times for all.

Hey DB, expect me and my band of friends to make a stop by y'alls place this weekend. And btw, pick 2 numbers between 1 and 55.

mannyo123
08-21-2007, 11:40 PM
And it will be flying proudly!!! You better stop on by..

mannyo123
08-21-2007, 11:41 PM
Oh, wait, i think your going with me..lol Good!!

mannyo123
08-21-2007, 11:57 PM
I will give you a call here soon.. After the Cowgirls game... I won't remember too much after our spanking of them, just remind me..lol

And yes we will talk in person, lots to catch up with...

texanfan2002114
08-22-2007, 12:42 AM
Ok guys, our full size school bus is done and will be at the game this Saturday!! We had to change our name from Goal Post Gang to Texan Liberty Tailgaters, since the bus went from yellow to Liberty White!!

We had a custom piece put on so you should stop by and take a look!! See you Saturday!!

:texflag:

donbmt
08-22-2007, 10:19 AM
Come on now DB...don't give away all the trade secrets!

I'm coming to see ya this week mojo, I'm bringing a rookie tailgater along, figured I'd show him the real deal for his first outing. My wife is making her world famous po-boys for me to bring to put on the food table.

hobie
08-22-2007, 11:19 AM

Now we all know that is not true, you have no friends !

dskillz
08-23-2007, 10:52 AM
I can't wait for Saturday!!! I didn't get to go to the Bears game, though I made sure the tickets got used. I am bringing a co-worker who has never been to a football game and definitely not a tailgate. Gotta show her the Shotgun30 boys, and great atmosphere out there. I doubt I can convince her to do a shotgun though, lol.

shinerbock_girl
08-23-2007, 10:57 AM
I will give you a call here soon.. After the Cowgirls game... I won't remember too much after our spanking of them, just remind me..lol

And yes we will talk in person, lots to catch up with...

Manny, after the Girls game expect a call from Kevin to get details also on the Chiefs game....I gave him your number....Can't wait to see u guys again...

texanmojo
08-23-2007, 01:34 PM
I'm coming to see ya this week mojo, I'm bringing a rookie tailgater along, figured I'd show him the real deal for his first outing. My wife is making her world famous po-boys for me to bring to put on the food table.

You know where to find us...see you Saturday!

YellerLotYeller
08-23-2007, 06:52 PM
Man I am pumped....I missed da bears game as well. I cant wait til saturday and I cant wait to stumble into the stadium while raggin on all the cowgirl fans.

Long live the bullhorn!!

dskillz
08-24-2007, 12:13 PM
You know where to find us...see you Saturday!

Great pics on the site from last week. The videos are a nice touch!

texanmojo
08-24-2007, 12:27 PM
Great pics on the site from last week. The videos are a nice touch!

Yeah...my 2 goals for this year:
1.) Site redesign
2.) Lots more videos.

I have been hestiant to do the vids before due to limits on bandwidth....but now that you tube can host them for me...it makes it alot easier.

rush2112mn
08-24-2007, 07:01 PM
I am at the Texan Mojo tailgate in the yellow lot......:texflag: :texflag: :texflag: :fans:

Double Barrel
08-24-2007, 07:29 PM
Hey DB, expect me and my band of friends to make a stop by y'alls place this weekend. And btw, pick 2 numbers between 1 and 55.

Man, you have to do it the game we'll be free-agent tailgaters! We'll be checking out some PAR-TAYS again this weekend, and will set up the TDC tailgate for the Chiefs game. We'll probably pass each other, so we'll surely try to trip you up with that big ol' heavy metal instrument you're cartin' around. :joker:

Now we all know that is not true, you have no friends !

I have to lie to make friends. Speaking of which, have I told you how cool you are lately... :shades:

Da_General
08-24-2007, 11:38 PM
[QUOTE=Double Barrel;718501]Man, you have to do it the game we'll be free-agent tailgaters! We'll be checking out some PAR-TAYS again this weekend, and will set up the TDC tailgate for the Chiefs game. We'll probably pass each other, so we'll surely try to trip you up with that big ol' heavy metal instrument you're cartin' around. :joker:QUOTE]

Hey now, don't start referring to us as :joker: clowns again, let's not open that can of worms!

Just have your numbers ready, wherever we see you.

GlassHalfFull
09-19-2007, 09:28 AM
My husband can't make the game so our tailgating group will consist of 3 teenage boys and 3 moms. We need some good food suggestions - we are cooking on a camp stove - no one has a portable grill. Last week we made breakfast tacos - that was great - but are looking for some new ideas for this week.

One of the moms is Irish, so she has the drinking beer thing down - but her football knowledge is based on a rugby background. We were at our middle schoolers football game last night, her son made some great tackles. The rugby thing doesn't hurt there. She was thrilled when I explained tailgating to her and that it was ok to bring beer.

Hardcore Texan
10-16-2007, 11:10 AM
Time to bump this thread, as I stated back in July I am going to be looking to tailgate with you guys.

So who will be there this weekend.
Dskillz
Double Barrel
Shinerbock Girl
Yellow Lot Yeller
TexansMojo
hobie - I met you at the Blue Crew a month ago, hope to see you again.

anyone else? are you guys usually around the same place or spread out, what's the scoop, how do I find ya?

nflnutswife
10-16-2007, 12:17 PM
We'll be there as usual. Always happy to share a cold one and whatever is on the grill.:fans:

Hardcore Texan
10-16-2007, 12:19 PM
We'll be there as usual. Always happy to share a cold one and whatever is on the grill.:fans:

Where do you guys usually set up at?

nflnutswife
10-16-2007, 12:59 PM
We get there by 8am, and set up on the grass closest to the practice bubble, usually the first second or third rows. You'll find everyone we stick together.:texflag: looking forward to meeting you!

Hardcore Texan
10-16-2007, 01:16 PM
I will look for you, I may pass along my cell phone number in a PM as well.

texanfan2002114
10-16-2007, 04:45 PM
We will be there as well. We are the full size school bus that parks on the concrete in front of texans mojo!! We have a 20x20 tent with a big screen tv under it!! Come by and I will have a cold one for you Hardcore!!

Hardcore Texan
10-16-2007, 04:54 PM
We will be there as well. We are the full size school bus that parks on the concrete in front of texans mojo!! We have a 20x20 tent with a big screen tv under it!! Come by and I will have a cold one for you Hardcore!!

Sounds like a plan! Thanks!

dskillz
10-18-2007, 11:47 AM

I probably will be right next to this party. I usually am anyway.

I probably will breakout the Dom Davis throwback for this week.

swtbound07
10-20-2007, 03:19 PM
me and my girlfriend are in yellow, hope to make connections with some of you.

YellerLotYeller
10-20-2007, 03:28 PM
me and my girlfriend are in yellow, hope to make connections with some of you.

Feel free to stop by and visit....I'll have The Dream with me for his first tailgate. We'll be on the sidewalk area pretty close to the bubble.

swtbound07
10-20-2007, 03:34 PM
Feel free to stop by and visit....I'll have The Dream with me for his first tailgate. We'll be on the sidewalk area pretty close to the bubble.

me and dream are sposed to meet up sometime when i get there...i've got his cell, so i'll definitely be up that way. look forward to meeting you

bckey
10-20-2007, 03:45 PM
My son and I will be there. This is our 3rd game this year driving up from Corpus Christi. I try and make at least 1 or 2 a season. I just bought a new weber Q200 for the occasion. We will be staying across the street at the Comfort Suites this time because I was really tired driving home after the Colts game.

I am bringing brats, chickens breasts rolled with jalapenos, sausage, burgers, sausage dip, and plenty of beer. I hope to meet some of you there.

nflnutswife
10-22-2007, 01:55 PM
It was great to meet you both hardcore. Sorry you didn't find us before the game. I hope you enjoyed the game and thankyou so much for the magnet, it's on my very decorated truck!:fans:

Hardcore Texan
10-22-2007, 02:26 PM
It was great to meet you both hardcore. Sorry you didn't find us before the game. I hope you enjoyed the game and thankyou so much for the magnet, it's on my very decorated truck!:fans:

It was great meeting you guys as well, we had a blast..... I still can't believe how the game ended!

I wasn't able to find Double Barrel or Yellow Lot Yeller, I hung out with the Texanfan2002114 and TexansPride over at the big white school bus.....thanks to all for the hospitality, I can't wait to do it again.

texanmojo
10-22-2007, 04:04 PM
It was great meeting you guys as well, we had a blast..... I still can't believe how the game ended!

I wasn't able to find Double Barrel or Yellow Lot Yeller, I hung out with the Texanfan2002114 and TexansPride over at the big white school bus.....thanks to all for the hospitality, I can't wait to do it again.

Did you make it to Shotgun30 at all?

Hardcore Texan
10-22-2007, 04:32 PM
Did you make it to Shotgun30 at all?

I came by a couple of times, just really passing by...I did see one of the shotguns.....and I saw the Miller Lite girls riding by a few times. Mojo1 is even cooler in person!