PDA

View Full Version : Troy Evans Signs With Saints

texasguy346
04-11-2007, 11:58 PM
Just keeping you up to date with a former Texan.

The New Orleans Saints, who seem to always be trying to bolster their depth at linebacker, have added another veteran player at the position, signing unrestricted free agent Troy Evans, who spent the last five seasons with the Houston Texans.

A versatile defender and proven special teams contributor, Evans signed a two-year contract worth $1.3 million, and the deal includes a $100,000 signing bonus.

Evans, 29, who has played at all three linebacker positions at various junctures of his career, will vie for a backup spot on the roster. His bigger value to the Saints, however, will likely be on special teams, an area in which he had excelled.

link (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2833527&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines)

Best of luck Troy!

V Man
04-13-2007, 10:06 PM
This stinks. I was hoping to resign him. Will miss his special team play.

infantrycak
04-13-2007, 10:29 PM
This stinks. I was hoping to resign him. Will miss his special team play.

Troy was a great guy, but there are special teams fan favorites on every team. Mine was Ramon Walker--Patriots game, blocked FG, blocked punt and like 4 of 8 special teams tackles on the day. Broke his leg the next week.

TexanFan881
04-13-2007, 11:58 PM
He was a very good special teams player, but other than that not a big loss. We'll just have to move on without him, sad to see him go.

Tedc
04-14-2007, 07:08 AM
I heard that our favorite special teamer Troy Evans has signed with the up and coming New Orleans Saints yesterday and I was happy for him/ sad for us. I will miss his upbeat play and work ethic. I feel it is something we will all miss.

Good luck, Troy!!

Scooter
04-14-2007, 07:27 AM
good luck troy. i hope he gets a bigger chance in nawleans because i think he has more to offer than we got a chance to see.