11/25 @ Cleveland

12/2 @ Tennessee

12/9 Tampa Bay

12/13 Denver (Thursday)

12/23 @ Indianapolis

12/30 Jacksonville

texasguy346
04-11-2007, 02:11 PM
Overall I'm happy with the schedule. There's no long road trips to speak of, and our bye week falls after 9 games (about mid-season). KC is a tough opponent, but we're at home so that helps. Also they've had some turnover on their O-Line so it should be a good game.

We're at Carolina in Week 2 so in order for Carr to start against us it looks as though he'll have to win the job outright from Jake Delhomme. Either that or maybe a pre-season/training camp injury to Jake. My money's on Jake starting against us in that game as I don't think Carr will be able to win the job outright.

Schaub returns to Atlanta in Week 4 so it should be interesting to see how Falcons fans react to the return of their former backup. It will be a great story line.

The San Diego game on the road is going to be tough especially since it comes after a divisional game against the Titans. It will be interesting to see how we stack up against a team like the Chargers. We round out the first half of the season at Oakland. I expect to see a much better performance all around by the Texans than our last trip out there.

Week 11 has us hosting Reggie and the Saints. It will probably be a story line of Reggie vs Mario, but I doubt it has the same kind of enthusiasm surrounding it as Vince's return to Houston did. Still should be fun to watch, and we'll have extra time to prepare for a talented Saints team.

The following week at Cleveland could see Kubiak trying to outcoach whomever the Browns interim coach is after Romeo is fired.

Week 15 has us hosting the Broncos on a Thursday night NFL Network game. Should be fun to see Shannahan & Kubiak battle it out. I think Denver's got a good chance to go deep into the playoffs this season.

We finish up the season at home against Jacksonville. Could be a very important game depending on how both teams do during the season. Always a great rivalry game.

Vinny
04-11-2007, 02:22 PM
The only way Jake doesn't start is if he is injured. Every year people say omg the schedule is tough...but then again, there are only NFL teams on each schedule...well, duh!

Fiddy
04-11-2007, 02:43 PM
Week 15 has us hosting the Broncos on a Thursday night NFL Network game. Should be fun to see Shannahan & Kubiak battle it out. I think Denver's got a good chance to go deep into the playoffs this season. Is there any way people without NFL Network get that game???

Double Barrel
04-11-2007, 03:09 PM
There has to be an exception to the NFL Network monopoly for televising the game to the hometown crowd. At least, I would think that would exist, but you never know with the money grubbing lately.

It looks like a fun schedule. No 6 week gaps between home games, and they seem to be evenly spaced throughout the season. Tailgating on a Thursday is going to be weird, though.

texasguy346
04-11-2007, 03:27 PM
Is there any way people without NFL Network get that game???

I'm not sure. I know our preseason game that was broadcasted on NFL Network was also shown on Channel 13. Not sure how it will work for a regular season game.

Errant Hothy
04-11-2007, 03:30 PM
I know in Dallas the cable games are also broadcasted over the air.

On a side note the Cowboys have 7 primetime games this upcoming season. :(

TD
04-11-2007, 03:38 PM
I'm just glad they're FINALLY coming to Atlanta. It'll be fun to see what kind of reception Schaub gets. A lot of people around here were ticked about the trade.

swisher
04-11-2007, 04:25 PM
I know for a fact that the NFL Network game will be televised over the air in Houston, probably channel 13.

But if you don't live in Houston.....you better have Direct TV or something that carries the network. But I guess you would be used to not seeing the Texans every week at this point anyway.

TEXANS84
04-11-2007, 06:11 PM
I'm soo pissed. I'll be on my honeymoon during the Saints game...

...the one game that I was hoping I would not miss.

Runner
04-11-2007, 06:16 PM

Ask your fiance to reschedule the wedding. Try the dead time after the NBA playoffs are over and all that is left is .... baseball. :thumbdown

TEXANS84
04-11-2007, 06:39 PM
Ask your fiance to reschedule the wedding. Try the dead time after the NBA playoffs are over and all that is left is .... baseball. :thumbdown

Well, the bye week is the day after my wedding. She said that if the Saints play the day after, that I am "allowed to go to the game and miss the wedding brunch". Of course, they play the following week.

Wonder if Mexico can get the game?

Double Barrel
04-11-2007, 06:58 PM

We delayed our honeymoon because of the Super Bowl. :D

She really wanted the 2/2/2 date, and the big game was the next day. Part of delaying it was practical, though, because traveling to Vegas during the Super Bowl weekend was not a good idea to me (flights were up to 75% more for that peak weekend, too).

TD
04-11-2007, 07:16 PM

So what's the problem?

http://vnuuk.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/playbay_247_bed_and_tv.jpg

infantrycak
04-11-2007, 09:03 PM

You probably told us, but where did you decide to go?

Hervoyel
04-11-2007, 09:52 PM
I see ten wins in there if the Texans do their job. I'm serious too.

Last season you get to 8 wins easily if you just get average QB play IMO so hell, 2007 looks like a possible playoff season to me.

Too optimistic? Again?

Double Barrel
04-11-2007, 10:13 PM
I don't think it's too optimistic. I'm drinking the 9-7 flavored koolaide myself. I won't go so far as to predict a playoff appearance, but I simply cannot allow myself to believe that we're in for yet another losing season. I...just...can't...accept...that :gun:

texasguy346
04-11-2007, 11:32 PM

That sucks 84. Luckily for me we're headed out to Hawaii next month for our honeymoon so all I'll miss are a few Astros game early on in the season. One of the few things I've had a say so on in the whole wedding deal is the time frame of when we'd get hitched. I said I didn't like a fall or winter wedding because of the weather but actually it was because of football season. Snuck that one past her but it'll probably be one of the last things I'm able to sneak past her since she's on to my tricks now.

infantrycak
04-11-2007, 11:59 PM
I said I didn't like a fall or winter wedding because of the weather but actually it was because of football season.

I pulled the ultimate faux pas. Of course the wedding had to be planned 6-8 months in advance. So we set an early fall wedding date safely in advance of the time to have the wedding and honeymoon afterwards and get back before the opening of hunting season. Meanwhile, my friends convince me to take up bowhunting. Only after we send out invitations do I find out we have scheduled the wedding for the 1st day of bowhunting season. So I end up with a gallery of pissed off guys forced to be at the wedding by their wives. Ooops. I managed to salve some feelings by having the traditional guys night out day before the rehearsal dinner filled with bowhunting pigs rather than golf. Man those eight racks of ribs disappeared fast the day after the wedding.

Double Barrel
04-12-2007, 12:00 AM
That sucks 84. Luckily for me we're headed out to Hawaii next month for our honeymoon so all I'll miss are a few Astros game early on in the season. One of the few things I've had a say so on in the whole wedding deal is the time frame of when we'd get hitched. I said I didn't like a fall or winter wedding because of the weather but actually it was because of football season. Snuck that one past her but it'll probably be one of the last things I'm able to sneak past her since she's on to my tricks now.

Good job, though, because now you don't have to worry about that all important annual anniversary event falling on a game day. Just make sure you don't precreate during the spring, since 9 months away is smack dab in the middle of football season.

:throwball:

infantrycak
04-12-2007, 12:11 AM
Just make sure you don't precreate during the spring, since 9 months away is smack dab in the middle of football season.

Dude--he can precreate all he wants, just not call an audible at the line for a different vowel. Of course, if Pendry is calling the plays, his football season is safe for many years, even if he wants otherwise.

Double Barrel
04-12-2007, 12:36 AM
Dude--he can precreate all he wants, just not call an audible at the line for a different vowel. Of course, if Pendry is calling the plays, his football season is safe for many years, even if he wants otherwise.

*ahem* procreate :worm:

swtbound07
04-12-2007, 01:02 AM
looking at the schedule, and honestly evaluating talent, and being as optimistic as i can, I'm calling this season at 8-8. We finally hit .500.

texasguy346
04-12-2007, 10:03 AM
I'm going to venture a guess that we win 9 games this year.

eriadoc
04-12-2007, 11:24 AM
Regular Season

9/9 Kansas City - Loss. Larry Johnson runs all over us and our defense is still rounding into shape for the season.

9/16 @ Carolina - Win. This actually could go either way, but I'll try to be optimistic. The Panthers were fairly schizo last year, in terms of which team showed up on Sunday, so I think we can pull one out here.

9/23 Indianapolis - Win. I think we surprise them and take the one at home. Kubiak knows how to prepare for them and with a QB that isn't a liability, I think we can grind the clock and still make a few key pass plays over the middle to exploit their Cover 2 defense.

9/30 @ Atlanta - Loss. The Falcons have a pretty good defense, most of the time. It's still early in the year and I don't think injuries will have decimated them by this point. Vick can be hot or cold; you never know. But he'll get some running yards and their ground game will keep moving the chains.

10/7 Miami - Win. They just don't have enough offensively, and our defense will be playing well together by this point.

10/14 @ Jacksonville - Win. We always play the Jags tough, even in Jacksonville. Their QB situation is still fairly unresolved and they don't have much of an air game at all.

10/21 Tennessee - Win. They pulled out a couple of improbable wins last year, but this year will be a different story. VY does some nice things, but that team, as a whole, isn't as good as their run last year would indicate.

10/28 @ San Diego - Loss. I just don't see us having the level of talent necessary to compete with the elite teams yet, especially in an away game.

11/4 @ Oakland - Win. There's a chance for a let-down here, especially on the back end of a back-to-back West Coast trip, but their O-line is horrendous, they have no QB (even with Russell - he's a rookie), and we beat them last year with -5 passing yards.

11/11 BYE

11/18 New Orleans - Loss. Their defense is the weak link, so we may be able to give them a good run, especially after a rest week. A win here is possible, but I'll say we lose a close one.

11/25 @ Cleveland - Win. Frye at QB, no real ground game (unless they take AP), and their defense is pretty weak overall. We can take one in their house.

12/2 @ Tennessee - Win. I think we go in fired up and sweep them for the year. We seem to go back and forth with the Tacks, so who knows? I'm calling a win here. Now that Carr's not here, I expect KVB to look more human ;)

12/9 Tampa Bay - Win. TB has issues with its defensive stars aging, QB not performing up to par, and the run game never really got going last year. I'm sure they'll fix some of that, but I think we'll pull one out against these guys.

12/13 Denver (Thursday) - Loss. But I think we give them a good run for their money. Kubiak knows how to prepare for them and they still have a young QB that we can force intoa few mistakes. In the end, they just have too much talent across the board for us to win this one.

12/23 @ Indianapolis - Loss. We won't beat them twice this season. They're at home for this one.

12/30 Jacksonville - Loss. I'll give the Jags one here. They do have a fine ground game and injuries will no doubt affect this game greatly, this late into the season. I wouldn't be surprised by a win here, though.

Overall Record: 9-7

I don't think that gets us into the playoffs, though I do predict we will do the best in our division after Indy. Sort of a repeat of 2004, if you will. 7-9 would be a little disappointing, but not necessarily surprising. We just don't have the overall level of talent we need to compete in the AFC yet. 8-8 might be a bit more likely, and I'm sure we'll lose one or two we should win and probably get an upset or two as well. It seems to work that way every year.

If we do go 7-9, but look competitive in the losses, I'll be content with the team's progress.

Lauren
04-12-2007, 04:17 PM
We delayed our honeymoon because of the Super Bowl. :D

She really wanted the 2/2/2 date, and the big game was the next day. Part of delaying it was practical, though, because traveling to Vegas during the Super Bowl weekend was not a good idea to me (flights were up to 75% more for that peak weekend, too).
That was my 22nd birthday!

84's still a little heartbroken that we won't be here for that game. Unfortunately, it's too late to reschedule the wedding and he's just going to have to suck it up. :D

jerek
04-12-2007, 05:01 PM
I'm withholding my verdict until I see our draft and Matt Schaub in action.

Malloy
04-12-2007, 05:27 PM
Given the fact that I've had unrealistic expectations in the past, and me having absolutely no football knowledge, I predict we'll go 17-0 in the regular season.

I would settle for a 8-8 though... or progress... Actually I'm just excited about the upcoming draft and a new era with Schaub at the helm :)

Double Barrel
04-12-2007, 06:28 PM
That was my 22nd birthday!

whoah! 22 on 2/2/2?! Cray-zeee! That's a whole lotta' twos...gotta' be some kind of weird sign to those that look for weird signs.

Hater. :shades:

I found this little tidbit in a Kansas City site (http://www.kansas.com:80/264/story/42405.html) regarding NFL Prime Time games:

Week 11: New Orleans at Houston. Texans (and their fans) cry at the sight of Reggie Bush, curse at the sight of Mario Williams.

Ouch :brickwall:

Buffi2
04-12-2007, 08:18 PM
I found this little tidbit in a Kansas City site (http://www.kansas.com:80/264/story/42405.html) regarding NFL Prime Time games:

Ouch :brickwall:

I'm getting a lit-tle tired of being at the end of everyone's list of good teams and hearing about Vy/Reggie/Mario. Maybe if we win a few more games this season, the sports' gurus will give us a little more respect.

ESPN does have us down for 3 of the top 40 games next season - of course one of them is TN, but the other two are Atlanta and Denver.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2827150

I think we will go 9-7 this year, but I'm hoping for 10-6 which I believe is doable if all things come together nicely.

eriadoc
04-13-2007, 11:00 AM

But what fun is that? ;)

76Texan
04-13-2007, 07:15 PM
As of right now, I'm thinking six wins.

We'll know more during pre-season how well the players' mix is working out.
Chemistry is always important, I believe.

Hopefully, the team can spring forward with positive vibes.
Hopefully, the fans can do the same.

TexanFan881
04-13-2007, 11:44 PM
I'm on the 9 win bandwagon. I think that's where we'll end up. I'm just pumped that the game in Indy is December 23rd (after the NASCAR season's over) so I could hopefully go there and see my first game :)

TxDavid
04-14-2007, 06:35 PM
10/21 Tennessee
10/28 @ San Diego
11/4 @ Oakland
11/11 BYE
11/18 New Orleans

Almost a month of no tailgating.....that's gonna be a long one....

Kaiser Toro
04-14-2007, 06:50 PM
I have been saying 12-4 for over a year and sticking to it.

mootini
04-16-2007, 08:32 AM
I see the Texans going 7-9 and improving. Texans will get their revenge on the Titans/VY. Payback time is coming for the Jags and it will be sweet revenge on week 17.

76Texan
04-16-2007, 03:28 PM
I see the Texans going 7-9 and improving. Texans will get their revenge on the Titans/VY. Payback time is coming for the Jags and it will be sweet revenge on week 17.
you mean heartbreak? :hairpull:

Texan_Bill
04-16-2007, 04:10 PM

I know.. Thats brutal...
Maybe we can find a place that will let us tailgate in their parking lot before the game...

Blazing Arrow
04-16-2007, 04:36 PM
I have been saying 12-4 for over a year and sticking to it.

An interesting theory ....

Dallas_Texan
04-16-2007, 04:39 PM

I can see that....then again....Houston is only getting better!! Bring on Maurice Jones-Drew!!:bat:

76Texan
04-16-2007, 06:32 PM
I know.. Thats brutal...
Maybe we can find a place that will let us tailgate in their parking lot before the game...

That place where ya lost the wallet! :whip: :brickwall:

Lauren
04-16-2007, 09:34 PM
Aww man...

10/21 Tennessee

10/28 @ San Diego

11/4 @ Oakland

11/11 BYE

11/18 New Orleans

11/25 @ Cleveland

12/2 @ Tennessee

12/9 Tampa Bay

Dante and I won't be tailgating for 7 WHOLE WEEKS.

Double Barrel
04-17-2007, 02:03 AM
Aww man...

Dante and I won't be tailgating for 7 WHOLE WEEKS.

wow, that's almost half a season. :(

Texan_Bill
04-17-2007, 08:43 AM
That place where ya lost the wallet! :whip: :brickwall:

lol.... That would be a pretty good spot. I bet we could get some girls to dress as cheerleaders!!

76Texan
04-17-2007, 10:57 AM
lol.... That would be a pretty good spot. I bet we could get some girls to dress as cheerleaders!!I won't go there! :wild: