PDA

View Full Version : Carr to Seattle Seahawks?

DarkNinja
03-29-2007, 09:39 AM
:secret: NFL Network just annouced, that David Carr has been in talks with Coach Holmgren. No links on it yet but with Hasselbeck going through surgery, its a possible starting position for Carr. Who knows maybe they will block for him over in Seattle. :secret:

kastofsna
03-29-2007, 09:42 AM
i think wallace would start over carr.

19-10
03-29-2007, 09:46 AM
Wallace over Carr? Now that would be a slap. I'm not saying it's not possible but if it is DC probably wouldn't consider it. No way he's going anywhere to hold a clip board.

real
03-29-2007, 09:48 AM
i think wallace would start over carr.

He would, but if you remember last year Holgren said that he wanted to bring in a reliable back-up QB so he could use Seneca in more of a "slash" role...

IMO, this works out perfectly.

real
03-29-2007, 09:48 AM
Well unless Matt gets hurt....

Then they're screwed because Carr is terrible..

Dunta_23
03-29-2007, 09:49 AM
Wallace over Carr? Now that would be a slap. I'm not saying it's not possible but if it is DC probably wouldn't consider it. No way he's going anywhere to hold a clip board.

I don't think that is the case....I see him as a backup maybe 1 or 2 yrs and then getting the starting gig...If eh goes to Seattle and starts the season as the starter, he will probably be replaced when Hasselbeck comes back

real
03-29-2007, 09:49 AM

LOL...

Seneca is about twice as good as Carr at the least...

GP
03-29-2007, 09:57 AM
Homgren would eat David for lunch.

That's a guy who doesn't tolerate mistakes.

Remember when they played us, and they had like 12 false starts in two series in the first half? Holmgren was halfway out on the field, beet red, yelling at the top of his lungs and calling time outs just to get the chance to give extra verbal abuse to the players.

I'm telling ya'.....Miami is the best place for David if we're talking about David being happy. Nice weather, laid back atmosphere, an old pal in Dom Capers who knows what it's like to have been completely dissed by the tyrant McNair. They could swap war stories over a couple of Shirley Temples.

Holmgren would douse David with ketchup and eat him alive. No tolerance for goofy mistakes in Seattle.

Trenches
03-29-2007, 10:04 AM

are you serious?

you are talking about a QB who had NO trade value. hell, at least Detroit got a 2nd day pick for Harrington.

real
03-29-2007, 10:09 AM
Homgren would eat David for lunch.

That's a guy who doesn't tolerate mistakes.

Remember when they played us, and they had like 12 false starts in two series in the first half? Holmgren was halfway out on the field, beet red, yelling at the top of his lungs and calling time outs just to get the chance to give extra verbal abuse to the players.

I'm telling ya'.....Miami is the best place for David if we're talking about David being happy. Nice weather, laid back atmosphere, an old pal in Dom Capers who knows what it's like to have been completely dissed by the tyrant McNair. They could swap war stories over a couple of Shirley Temples.

Holmgren would douse David with ketchup and eat him alive. No tolerance for goofy mistakes in Seattle.

Because Miami did such a good job turning Harringtons career around ?

David needs to go to a place where he can learn the finer points of Quaterbacking.

Running from a coach because he's "mean" or "screams a lot" only makes you worse...

GP
03-29-2007, 10:14 AM

David needs to go to a place where he can learn the finer points of Quaterbacking.

Running from a coach because he's "mean" or "screams a lot" only makes you worse...

And Kubiak wasn't someone who could do this for David?

Holmgren would cut David before Pre Season began, IMO. Oh wait...no he wouldn't. Because David makes all the throws in practice. I forgot that he's a workout warrior.

Scratch that. Instead, it would take a few games of David throwing into quadruple coverage, taking sacks when open receivers are jumping up and down waving at David, and just generally bungling his way to the bench after three downs...THEN Holmgren would cut him. My bad.

19-10
03-29-2007, 10:15 AM
are you serious?

you are talking about a QB who had NO trade value. hell, at least Detroit got a 2nd day pick for Harrington.

Don't get me wrong, I know what DC is as a player. But does he??? I just don't think he's the kind of guy that can handle not starting. So he'll find a team where he has a good chance of landing that role, or even a gaurantee if that is possible.

real
03-29-2007, 10:19 AM

Holmgren would cut David before Pre Season began, IMO. Oh wait...no he wouldn't. Because David makes all the throws in practice. I forgot that he's a workout warrior.

Scratch that. Instead, it would take a few games of David throwing into quadruple coverage, taking sacks when open receivers are jumping up and down waving at David, and just generally bungling his way to the bench after three downs...THEN Holmgren would cut him. My bad.

Not the same situation at all...

There wouldn't be any pressure on David because he'd be a back-up.

Here he had every move scrutinized, and was put under a microscope...

In Seattle he'd be able to learn and get comfortable with the system for a couple years without any pressure of being the franchise's first pick ever, golden boy, number one overall, overpaid...ect.....

I'm not sure how you can't see the difference between the situations...

The patience in Houston this past year was much shorter than it'd be for him in Seattle....Much much shorter...

Dunta_23
03-29-2007, 10:29 AM
Lets jut see here....Seattle was a superbowl team 2 yrs ago...the same year that the Texans were the WORST team in the league...

They have a better situation for a QB to go into
- all pro LT, and a good OL
- all pro RB, rushing champ 2 yrs ago
- superbowl MVP WR, plus other capaple pass catchers
- superbowl winning head coach, with success in WCO
- solid D, solid players all around

Now how can you say that situation is comparable to what he had here???

Best case is David goes there humbled, and takes in as much as he can from Holmgren and battles to start the year...and put himself in a position that Holmgren has to have a tough decision when Hasselbeck comes back...

GP
03-29-2007, 10:30 AM
Not the same situation at all...

There wouldn't be any pressure on David because he'd be a back-up.

Here he had every move scrutinized, and was put under a microscope...

In Seattle he'd be able to learn and get comfortable with the system for a couple years without any pressure of being the franchise's first pick ever, golden boy, number one overall, overpaid...ect.....

I'm not sure how you can't see the difference between the situations...

The patience in Houston this past year was much shorter than it'd be for him in Seattle....Much much shorter...

If he was in his 2nd or 3rd year it would be shorter, as it will be for Schaub.

David's going into his SIXTH year.

That's twice as much as Schaub.

I disagree with you: David will most likely only go to a team where he can be the starter. And if he does, the boo birds will be singing loudly, and often. He''l make a few good throws to start the game off, a 5-yard curl...a hitch...etc. And then he'll revert to what he's used to doing, and it'll be curtains again. It'll take time, don't get me wrong. But it will happen.

Miami is the best place. Daunte is done. Cleo Lemon is their guy? I don't buy it. And I'm not sure Brady Quinn makes it to their first round draft slot. Trent Green is demanding big money. David could low ball Trent's salary demands and get that job TODAY as we speak.

But according to his bro Darren, Miami cannot afford David's salary requirements. (rolls eyes)

It's a mistake for David to pass up Miami.

The book of Proverbs says that WISDOM is a lady calling in the streets, asking for people to hear her. And yet somebody ain't listening IMO.

Oh well, the carnage will be greater to watch in Seattle with Mt. Saint Holmgren awaiting to erupt every 20 minutes. That guy is a genius, but he's an angry genius at that. Not so sure this is the sort of environment that's best for David Carr.

ROCKY
03-29-2007, 10:32 AM
I think dave would slide into the 2nd spot. We all know Dave is a workout warrior. I think in camp he would run circles around Seneca Wallace. And with that OL and Shaun Alexander, he would do just fine. If you ask David to just eat clock and manage the game, he is a fine backup. And since Hasselbeck is getting to the end of his career, DC would be a great insurance policy.

Plus he can hang out with Warren Moon, and thay can laugh about how evil the houston fans were to them:

Warren: Oh man, they would bring my family to tears!
DC: ME TOO!
Warren: They would scream racial slurs at my children.
DC: They poured beer on my wife!

They have alot in common, they would be BFF
:joker:

GP
03-29-2007, 10:36 AM
Lets jut see here....Seattle was a superbowl team 2 yrs ago...the same year that the Texans were the WORST team in the league...

They have a better situation for a QB to go into
- all pro LT, and a good OL
- all pro RB, rushing champ 2 yrs ago
- superbowl MVP WR, plus other capaple pass catchers
- superbowl winning head coach, with success in WCO
- solid D, solid players all around

Now how can you say that situation is comparable to what he had here???

Best case is David goes there humbled, and takes in as much as he can from Holmgren and battles to start the year...and put himself in a position that Holmgren has to have a tough decision when Hasselbeck comes back...

I think a lot of you are giving David a lot more credit than he should be given right now.

The thought of "Oh no, he's going to prove that he's more than what we all thought he was" is a knee-jerk reaction that all of us feel, but some of us are entertaining it a lot more than we should IMO.

Let's slow down and remember that Kubiak was verrrrrrrry patient with David. VERY. He spent more time with David, and on David's game film, than anybody has or ever will.

And he doesn't even want to go to year two with David.

Repeating that: He doesn't even want to go to year TWO with David.

This was not a knee jerk by Kubiak. It was an entire year of Kubiak eating, sleeping, and breathing David Carr and the whole project of rejuvenating his career.

And he's done with it. Quickly, efficiently done with it.

That's all I need to know.

Maybe Carr DOES make it somehow.

But for me, at this point after years of me personally defendig David and trying to point out all the positives yet seeing that it's not going to work, I will say it's over and done with.

Dunta_23
03-29-2007, 10:45 AM
I said the best case scenario...realistically if he cant change his game to a certain extent then he wont make it out of camp with the job....and for Carr last year, the first handful of games when the OL was in tact he managed the games very well....didnt make mistakes and did an above average job for a QB put in his position(run the ball, and when we put it in you hands, dont screw up)....but then later in the year when the line fell apart and AJ was getting doubled and tripled, and Carr wasnt in a comfort zone, he struggled, and thats when the coach put the ball completely in the RB's hands and let David make a handful of throws a game...and they won the last 2 games.

Im not knocking Kubiak at all...but what if he isnt gods gift to QB coaching?? Sure he did well with Elway and Plummer...but some of that has to go on the players as well...maybe Carr just needs a complete change of scenery and he will be recharged and come back hungry? or maybe he will be content with where he is, give it a shot for a year or 2 to be a starter and then dissapear from the NFL?

Double Barrel
03-29-2007, 10:46 AM
I'd hope that DC's ego does not prevent him from getting a gig with whoever will give him a chance. And if that chance is a lowered contract holding a clipboard, then it's a reality check that won't bounce.

To be honest, after five full seasons of seeing DC as our starter, I still don't know a whole lot about his personality. He never let us in, and the closest we got was happy soundbites, but never a peek inside the man himself.

Hulk75 has been our best source to learn what DC is about, FWIW.

real
03-29-2007, 11:05 AM
I disagree with you: David will most likely only go to a team where he can be the starter.

Well if your assumption is correct I guess we can expect to see David in (a) NFL Europe (b) having his named called by Mike and Mike

Those would be his only options.

Edit: Starters don't get released. They get traded.

thunderkyss
03-29-2007, 11:08 AM
....and for Carr last year, the first handful of games when the OL was in tact he managed the games very well....didnt make mistakes and did an above average job for a QB put in his position(run the ball, and when we put it in you hands, dont screw up)....but then later in the year when the line fell apart and AJ was getting doubled and tripled, and Carr wasnt in a comfort zone, he struggled, and thats when the coach put the ball completely in the RB's hands and let David make a handful of throws a game...and they won the last 2 games.

Not exactly.

David started the year fumbling the ball in three of the first 4 games. 3 times against Indy, 3 times against Washington, and 2 times against Miami. Most of those were lost to the other team, the ones that weren't, were still lost downs.

then going 22 for 26 might look good, but when it's for 219 yards, it's worthless. that is less than 10 yards a catch, IMHO(& I know some people don't agree) that makes it very difficult for us to break a 20 yard run, or a 15 yard run, or even for a playmaker like Andre to take a 5 yard dump off & turn it into a 25 yard gain the way Harrison, & Wayne do with regularity. Their safeties can sit 10 yards off the line, and not worry about getting beat deep.

Bottom line, no he didn't play well at the beginning of the season. He had a high QB rating, and a high completion percentage.

real
03-29-2007, 11:09 AM
Miami is the best place. Daunte is done. Cleo Lemon is their guy? I don't buy it. And I'm not sure Brady Quinn makes it to their first round draft slot. Trent Green is demanding big money. David could low ball Trent's salary demands and get that job TODAY as we speak.

Call me crazy, but I'm gonna listen to Kastowhateverhis name is, info regarding their QB situation before any Texans fan...No offense....

real
03-29-2007, 11:12 AM
Not exactly.

David started the year fumbling the ball in three of the first 4 games. 3 times against Indy, 3 times against Washington, and 2 times against Miami. Most of those were lost to the other team, the ones that weren't, were still lost downs.

then going 22 for 26 might look good, but when it's for 219 yards, it's worthless. that is less than 10 yards a catch, IMHO(& I know some people don't agree) that makes it very difficult for us to break a 20 yard run, or a 15 yard run, or even for a playmaker like Andre to take a 5 yard dump off & turn it into a 25 yard gain the way Harrison, & Wayne do with regularity. Their safeties can sit 10 yards off the line, and not worry about getting beat deep.

Bottom line, no he didn't play well at the beginning of the season. He had a high QB rating, and a high completion percentage.

I agree...

IMHO, most of the year they hid David...They didn't ask him to make too many plays and the times we just needed a completion or two he couldn't come through...

Folks...David is not bad, struggling, or inconsistent...

David is horrible...He couldn't even succeed at being a game manager...

HOU-TEX
03-29-2007, 11:25 AM
, the first handful of games when the OL was in tact he managed the games very well....didnt make mistakes and did an above average job for a QB put in his position(run the ball, and when we put it in you hands, dont screw up)....but then later in the year when the line fell apart

First off If it appeared he was managing games very well, it was because games were well in hand of the opposition. Secondly, the sack totals are identicle from the first half to the second half of the season. 21-21

http://www.nfl.com/teams/stats/HOU/2006/regular

Not exactly.

Agree with this as well.

kastofsna
03-29-2007, 11:31 AM
Trent Green is demanding big money. David could low ball Trent's salary demands and get that job TODAY as we speak.
green isn't demanding big money at all. he'll sign with miami for the vet minimum. it's KC that is demanding too much in compensation.

bigTEXan8
03-29-2007, 11:48 AM
i hope carr makes it to the seahawks. great organization, good players to be around, just all around solid. someone make the point earlier: good OL w/ all-pro LT, consistent and solid RB, good coach, and a solid D. this was the exact opposite in what carr had in the first 4 years in hou...how could he not be in a vastly better situation? even if he's a back-up, he's chances of making it to a SB are exponentially better.

thunderkyss
03-29-2007, 11:54 AM
i hope carr makes it to the seahawks. great organization, good players to be around, just all around solid. someone make the point earlier: good OL w/ all-pro LT, consistent and solid RB, good coach, and a solid D. this was the exact opposite in what carr had in the first 4 years in hou...how could he not be in a vastly better situation? even if he's a back-up, he's chances of making it to a SB are exponentially better.

The best thing that can happen for Carr, would be if Matt was healthy, and there would be no expectations from Carr whatsoever, & he could just relax, and play the game.

As far as that All-Pro LT... that's for the running game. I'm not saying they are as bad as we are, I mean they did give up 49 sacks. But Matt & Seneca do a lot of scrambling. Not a lot of rushing, but they scramble quite a bit... something David never really did much of after his first season.

Man I'd love to have taped those first two seasons, I thought he was going to be special.

bigTEXan8
03-29-2007, 12:11 PM
The best thing that can happen for Carr, would be if Matt was healthy, and there would be no expectations from Carr whatsoever, & he could just relax, and play the game.

As far as that All-Pro LT... that's for the running game. I'm not saying they are as bad as we are, I mean they did give up 49 sacks. But Matt & Seneca do a lot of scrambling. Not a lot of rushing, but they scramble quite a bit... something David never really did much of after his first season.

Man I'd love to have taped those first two seasons, I thought he was going to be special.

yeah...i felt the same way. but i guess season's 3-5 are a product of what happens when you don't address specific needs.

Hookem Horns
03-29-2007, 12:39 PM

LOL, this is pretty funny reading your posts now gp. You used to be the first one to jump on us "Carr haters" for saying the exact things you are saying now. I think someone owes us an apology. ;)

HOU-TEX
03-29-2007, 01:33 PM
yeah...i felt the same way. but i guess season's 3-5 are a product of what happens when you don't address specific needs.

Wrong again. Everything was addressed in those years except one position. Guess which one. We brought in WRs, RBs, OL, etc., but we continued to lose. Brought in a new coaching staff and guess what, NOTHING changed. Hmmm...I wonder why. I've noticed you're from Ca. so this will be my last reply to one of your posts regarding he who you praise.

hadaad
03-29-2007, 03:00 PM

The whole coaching staff in Miami has been overturned, hasn't it?

I'm not saying, I'm just saying, is all.

Cam Cameron would probably be just egotistical enough to believe he can make Carr into a star.

Considering what his offense accomplished in San Diego, I could almost believe it, too.

bigTEXan8
03-29-2007, 03:17 PM
Wrong again. Everything was addressed in those years except one position. Guess which one. We brought in WRs, RBs, OL, etc., but we continued to lose. Brought in a new coaching staff and guess what, NOTHING changed. Hmmm...I wonder why. I've noticed you're from Ca. so this will be my last reply to one of your posts regarding he who you praise.

you're right...we brought in a wr (aj). you're right...we got lucky w/ a rb (dd/w in a later round). you're right...we brought in an o-line (drafted o-linemen in the 3rd round of last years draft in the first day of a draft for the first time in our franchise, and oh i forgot...victor riley). you're right...the texans FO brought in massive amounts of help for carr. and i've noticed you haven't put where your from, which tells me you are too embarresed to say. i'm guessing you are in texas, but probably from dallas. but, i have no problem being wrong, so oh well. and feel free not respond to any of my posts...less advil i have to take.:victory:

MATRIX
03-29-2007, 03:37 PM
It's now on NFL.com in Total Access. They have a video on it, and talks are to get bigger next week as Seattle feels Carr can be a top NFL QB.

bigTEXan8
03-29-2007, 03:42 PM
It's now on NFL.com in Total Access. They have a video on it, and talks are to get bigger next week as Seattle feels Carr can be a top NFL QB.

nevermind.

infantrycak
03-29-2007, 03:45 PM
you're right...we brought in an o-line (drafted o-linemen in the 3rd round of last years draft in the first day of a draft for the first time in our franchise, and oh i forgot...victor riley).

Try sticking with the facts:

2002 2nd Pitts, 3rd Weary
2003 Dual role TE 2nd Joppru, 3rd Wand
2006 3rd Spencer, 3rd Winston

That would be 6 of 18 1st day draft picks exercised on OL or TE.

GP
03-29-2007, 03:48 PM
LOL, this is pretty funny reading your posts now gp. You used to be the first one to jump on us "Carr haters" for saying the exact things you are saying now. I think someone owes us an apology. ;)

Apology given.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt for a long long time.

But there was a turning point this past season, about 3/4 the way through...I knew it was curtains.

I don't think the Carr family understands much outside of their own circle of family and friends. I think they are isolationists with tunnel vision...no real-world perspective, and it results in situations where David doesn't learn from mistakes, just keeps repeating them.

I'm afraid he's about to fall victim to this way of thinking, the trap of "David, you ARE an NFL starter...you are going to be a starter again."

Can't blame someone for believeing it, believing in himself that way. But I also think that he should eat an elephant the way you should: One bite at a time.

And rushing into situatiosn where teams are offering him starting gigs is probably the last thing he should do.

Oh no, I hear hulk75 pounding on the internet door after reading my post on this...he's gonna' come set me straight. Sorry, i have to go make sure the door is deadbolted. Be back later.

bigTEXan8
03-29-2007, 03:51 PM
Try sticking with the facts:

2002 2nd Pitts, 3rd Weary
2003 Dual role TE 2nd Joppru, 3rd Wand
2006 3rd Spencer, 3rd Winston

That would be 6 of 18 1st day draft picks exercised on OL or TE.

thank you for the correction...i mis-spoke. however...pitts is the only one i consider "help" in the means of an o-line. spencer and winston i still need to see more of...on a personal level. we all know how joppru turned out, quite unfortunate. wand and weary just don't impress me that much at all. thank you again for correcting me.

Sco-tai
03-29-2007, 04:17 PM
LOL...

Seneca is about twice as good as Carr at the least...

Put down the pipe and step away from the keyboard.

Crack kills. Just FYI.

real
03-29-2007, 04:24 PM
Put down the pipe and step away from the keyboard.

Crack kills. Just FYI.

You're right...He's not twice as good

But the fact that it's even a debate between who'd start out of the two, speaks volumes about David.

ledzeppelin229
03-29-2007, 04:32 PM
spencer and winston i still need to see more of...on a personal level.

I really want to make an "out of context" comment on this one...but its just too easy.

thunderkyss
03-29-2007, 04:57 PM
thank you for the correction...i mis-spoke. however...pitts is the only one i consider "help" in the means of an o-line. spencer and winston i still need to see more of...on a personal level. we all know how joppru turned out, quite unfortunate. wand and weary just don't impress me that much at all. thank you again for correcting me.

The point is you can't say the F.O. Ignored the OL. They went out and got help. It's a shame, that these things don't always workout, whether you get them in the first, or the second or the third. Spencer & Winston are probably the best prospects we've drafted for OL to date.

Carr Bombed
03-29-2007, 05:06 PM
We should just put a filter on the new board where Carr comes up as ****, and get it over with.

cuppacoffee
03-29-2007, 05:52 PM
Well if your assumption is correct I guess we can expect to see David in (a) NFL Europe (b) having his named called by Mike and Mike

Those would be his only options.

Edit: Starters don't get released. They get traded.

Just curious. Was this also your feelings when Sharper and Glenn were released?

WaylonJennings67
03-29-2007, 06:31 PM
Holmgren's ego is such that he'd take Carr, thinking he could make him a winner.

Please_Evolve
03-29-2007, 07:22 PM
Holmgren's ego is such that he'd take Carr, thinking he could make him a winner.

I didn't see much in Hasselbeck either until the past few seasons myself. Maybe it's a ploy by Matt and Mike to steal Carr's hair for themselves.

NFLforher
03-29-2007, 07:36 PM
http://blogs.charlotte.com/panthers/2007/03/carr_taking_uni.html

Indications out of David Carr’s camp is that the quarterback is considering a unique approach to free agency. There are potential starting jobs in Oakland, Cleveland and Detroit and it’s possible Carr could end up in any of those cities. The money would likely be pretty good. But here’s where Carr’s thinking has changed after talking to a lot of people he trusts in the last few days. It’s not just about the money or the chance to be an immediate starter. Carr, who spent five years getting beat up in Houston, is starting to think the best thing for his career might be to go to a good team, spend some time as the backup and wait for his shot. That’s why Carolina and Seattle could be attractive situations and the interest from both teams isn’t just cursory. The Panthers and Seahawks are very interested in Carr. And don’t let all the earlier talk about Carolina’s salary cap woes fool you. There’s now more than enough room for the Panthers to make a strong offer to Carr when he visits early next week. As of Thursday, the Panthers have about $9.5 million in cap space.

BlackHeart
03-29-2007, 07:42 PM

Indications out of David Carr’s camp is that the quarterback is considering a unique approach to free agency. There are potential starting jobs in Oakland, Cleveland and Detroit and it’s possible Carr could end up in any of those cities. The money would likely be pretty good. But here’s where Carr’s thinking has changed after talking to a lot of people he trusts in the last few days. It’s not just about the money or the chance to be an immediate starter. Carr, who spent five years getting beat up in Houston, is starting to think the best thing for his career might be to go to a good team, spend some time as the backup and wait for his shot. That’s why Carolina and Seattle could be attractive situations and the interest from both teams isn’t just cursory. The Panthers and Seahawks are very interested in Carr. And don’t let all the earlier talk about Carolina’s salary cap woes fool you. There’s now more than enough room for the Panthers to make a strong offer to Carr when he visits early next week. As of Thursday, the Panthers have about $9.5 million in cap space.

Carr has to have more guts than that if he wants to continue to play in the NFL. Oh yeah our coach Lane Kiffin has spoke to David Carr so I'll see how that goes.

NFLforher
03-29-2007, 07:46 PM
Carr has to have more guts than that if he wants to continue to play in the NFL. Oh yeah our coach Lane Kiffin has spoke to David Carr so I'll see how that goes.

I know. There's a whole bunch of stuff out there.

TEXANS84
03-29-2007, 08:05 PM

Indications out of David Carrís camp is that the quarterback is considering a unique approach to free agency. There are potential starting jobs in Oakland, Cleveland and Detroit and itís possible Carr could end up in any of those cities. The money would likely be pretty good. But hereís where Carrís thinking has changed after talking to a lot of people he trusts in the last few days. Itís not just about the money or the chance to be an immediate starter. Carr, who spent five years getting beat up in Houston, is starting to think the best thing for his career might be to go to a good team, spend some time as the backup and wait for his shot. Thatís why Carolina and Seattle could be attractive situations and the interest from both teams isnít just cursory. The Panthers and Seahawks are very interested in Carr. And donít let all the earlier talk about Carolinaís salary cap woes fool you. Thereís now more than enough room for the Panthers to make a strong offer to Carr when he visits early next week. As of Thursday, the Panthers have about $9.5 million in cap space.

I just don't see it that way.

I look at it as he doesn't want to get exposed, so he's going the guaranteed/easy route.

aj.
03-29-2007, 08:09 PM
Seattle would be way better for his complexion. Not sure about his hair though.

Not up for a challenge either, which isn't totally unexpected.

BlackHeart
03-29-2007, 08:15 PM

I look at it as he doesn't want to get exposed, so he's going the guaranteed/easy route.

If he becomes a back up now then he will become a back-up for the rest of his career. Carr has to have more guts then that in him. If I were in his shoes I will try and find a starting job and prove to all my critics that the team that released me made a mistake.

NFLforher
03-29-2007, 10:22 PM

I can respect that, although I don't agree.

Carr Bombed
03-29-2007, 11:23 PM
If he becomes a back up now then he will become a back-up for the rest of his career. Carr has to have more guts then that in him. If I were in his shoes I will try and find a starting job and prove to all my critics that the team that released me made a mistake.

You can have all the skills in the world, but when you lose that "competitive fire", its all over. I think Carr had it early on, but somewhere along the line it was beat out of him (and the fact that uncle Charlie, Dom, and Bob......babied him). I actually thought Carr was coming along okay the first 3 years, but after that season Carr regressed horribly........He was a better QB 2 years ago than he is today. He couldn't even perform basic fundamentals.

I think he wants to sit on a bench somewhere and get his game back.

The Pencil Neck
03-30-2007, 12:30 AM
You can have all the skills in the world, but when you lose that "competitive fire", its all over. I think Carr had it early on, but somewhere along the line it was beat out of him (and the fact that uncle Charlie, Dom, and Bob......babied him). I actually thought Carr was coming along okay the first 3 years, but after that season Carr regressed horribly........He was a better QB 2 years ago than he is today. He couldn't even perform basic fundamentals.

I think he wants to sit on a bench somewhere and get his game back.

Whatever it was that happened happened right around the 9th week of the 2004 season. Up until that point in that season, he'd been averaging 270 yards per game, he had thrown 9 tds and 5 picks. His best game had been 372 yards and 3 TD's, and his worst had been 229 yards 0TD's and 2 picks.

Then it's like he fell apart during the Colts game where he threw 3 picks, fumbled 3 times losing 1 and we got shellacked 49-14. After that, he averaged 171 yards per game, and threw 7 TD's to 9 INTS. His best game was 220 yards and 1 TD and his worst game was either the 215 yrd 3 INT game against the Colts or the 114 yard 1TD game against the Browns to end the season.

If he had continued playing like he did the first half of the 2004 season, we aren't even having these conversations. He was on his way to a 4000 yard 18 TD season and we would have been in the hunt for a playoff.

It was like he got abducted by aliens and our great, gutsy QB who had "IT" was never returned.

It's weird.

thunderkyss
03-30-2007, 06:57 AM
After that Indy game, week 9, David had been sacked 25 times that season. Maybe he just threw up his hands and said screw it. If they aren't going to get me some real protection, I'll just go through the motions.

Then the option thing came around, and who is going to turn down $8mil??

Overall, he played about like I expected him to, except that I thought he'd finish the season very strong. But he was.... eh.. all year long. I can only think of 3 games I thought he played worse than I expected him to. Tennessee in Nashville, at Oakland, & New England at home.

I'm glad he's gone, but I didn't see anything on the field that should convince Kubiak, Smith, & McNair that we need to go another direction. I've got to assume it was other things that led to this decision. His maturity, his desire, his capability to comprehend a play book... etc...that led to the decision to move on.

real
03-30-2007, 09:32 AM
Just curious. Was this also your feelings when Sharper and Glenn were released?

Yes.

ROCKY
03-30-2007, 10:31 AM
I think it's laughable that anyone would question DC's gut's. He's a smart guy, and he does'nt BS himself. Im sure he knows that his head is'nt right after the beating he took here.

Think about it, get in behind an aging hurt QB (see SEA and CAR) get your head back in the game, learn behind a great QB and then inherit a good team. I think that's a way smarter route to walk as opposed to going to Oakland and getting killed some more. Hell, it's what we should have done for him in the first place.