PDA

View Full Version : Matt Schaub Break Out Season?

ProfessorX
03-27-2007, 04:28 PM
Hey guys, (long time reader-first time poster)

I see both the Texans and Matt Schaub having a break out season this year. I know it may seem like a raw deal for some, but I believe the Falcons just traded away the next Favre!

Schaub is a leader and exactly what our team needed this year. I think Matt will add an extra 600 yards to Johnson's stats this year over last years. I think our O-line is going to shock the hell out of every team in the league, and I beleive our defense is going to be an absolute beast this season (think late eighties Raiders "D"!)

Schaub's stats will beat Vick's on every level excluding rushing this year, mark my words. If we get AP in the draft we can safely say hello playoffs, and up yours to to all the Texan haters out there. NFL...prepare to be shocked by the Texans this season, and for all you Texan haters, let me hear you laugh when your favorite QB is slowly picking himself up off the ground after being slaughtered by Mario! :yahoo:

texans83
03-27-2007, 04:56 PM

I see both the Texans and Matt Schaub having a break out season this year. I know it may seem like a raw deal for some, but I believe the Falcons just traded away the next Favre!

Schaub is a leader and exactly what our team needed this year. I think Matt will add an extra 600 yards to Johnson's stats this year over last years. I think our O-line is going to shock the hell out of every team in the league, and I beleive our defense is going to be an absolute beast this season (think late eighties Raiders "D"!)

Schaub's stats will beat Vick's on every level excluding rushing this year, mark my words. If we get AP in the draft we can safely say hello playoffs, and up yours to to all the Texan haters out there. NFL...prepare to be shocked by the Texans this season, and for all you Texan haters, let me hear you laugh when your favorite QB is slowly picking himself up off the ground after being slaughtered by Mario! :yahoo:

well then we will just have to wait and see although I hope you are right in everything you have just said.

Ole Miss Texan
03-27-2007, 06:39 PM
I'll agree. I think we're going to see the best season of our franchise existence. We may not get 10 wins or so but I think we are going to see such an improved team it's going to amaze us..hopefully our record will be at .500 or better.

One thing I hadn't really considered is how Schaub and AJ are going to play together. Hopefully they click right away...but switching to a new QB is not just a given that you're going to be fine. I do think we'll be seeing Schaub and Johnson in pro bowls though. I think our o-line is getting better and if spencer comes back full strength we'll be looking pretty good.

i am so excited. I think our fans will at least be in every game and Carr won't be in the back of everyones head..if he did something bad..it seemed like it affected the fans moods the rest of the game.

I think this season Reliant stadium is going to get VERY loud.

El Amigo Invisible
03-27-2007, 08:24 PM

I gotta give it to you guys! I am on board! Keep it positive!

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
03-27-2007, 08:27 PM

Ka-Ching!

Pantherstang84
03-27-2007, 08:35 PM
I gotta give it to you guys! You are very positive in light that we have the worst FO in the world. I am on board! Keep it positive!

Fact or Opinion?

Wait...

Is this the VY thing again?:confused:

El Amigo Invisible
03-27-2007, 08:36 PM
Fact or Opinion?

Wait...

Probably.

Pantherstang84
03-27-2007, 08:39 PM
Probably.

Just checking.

:wheel:

Texas
03-27-2007, 08:42 PM
I think he will look something like carson palmer

El Amigo Invisible
03-27-2007, 08:43 PM

I was hoping for Steve Young but Carson would be very nice.

Carr Bombed
03-27-2007, 08:47 PM

Minus the cannon arm......:this:

El Amigo Invisible
03-27-2007, 08:47 PM
Minus the cannon arm......:this:

Does he have a cannon like Carson?

Carr Bombed
03-27-2007, 08:48 PM
Carson Palmer is to Peyton Manning what
Matt Schaub is to Tom Brady........thats who I compare him too.

Carr Bombed
03-27-2007, 08:53 PM
Think about it Tom Brady and Matt Schaub almost have the same story.

Both are QBs everybody passed on, because they were questioned about their arm strength and athleticism and both had to sit behind Franchise QBs waiting to get their shot. Both are considered leaders, and the things I heard about Schaub is that he's very intelligent, throws a nice accurate pass, and is very competitive........who does that sound like.

Carson Palmer and Peyton Manning are the same QB, Carson just hasn't mastered the audibles like Manning has yet.

whiskeyrbl
03-27-2007, 08:56 PM
Fact or Opinion?

Wait...

thats what i was thinking

Pantherstang84
03-27-2007, 09:14 PM
thats what i was thinking

I am starting to develop a sixth sense. :this:

El Amigo Invisible
03-27-2007, 10:16 PM
I am starting to develop a sixth sense. :this:

Here we go again..........

infantrycak
03-28-2007, 03:54 PM
Doesn't deserve its own thread, but just saw an interesting observation by a commentator. Matt Schaub had his 1st 3 TD game in his 2nd NFL start. Mike Vick didn't have his 1st 3 TD game until his 6th year in the league.

Since it will inevitably be brought up--Carr had his 1st (one of 3 total) in his 33rd start.

El Tejano
03-28-2007, 04:02 PM
Doesn't deserve its own thread, but just saw an interesting observation by a commentator. Matt Schaub had his 1st 3 TD game in his 2nd NFL start. Mike Vick didn't have his 1st 3 TD game until his 6th year in the league.

Since it will inevitably be brought up--Carr had his 1st (one of 3 total) in his 33rd start.

That with much worse receivers than us. Yes Bradford was capable of catching more than those guys.

michaelm
03-28-2007, 04:11 PM

Come on cak, it's the end of days here on the old MB... everything deserves it's own thread...

Houston_Fanatic
03-28-2007, 08:34 PM
I predict in 5 years you will be hearing rooking QB's referred to as "another Schaub" and it will be a compliment

:wild:

edo783
03-28-2007, 11:18 PM
For Rico Schaub-e to have breakout year will require the rest of the offense to have one also, particularly the O-line. If the O-line has a breakout year, then I could see Rico very easily having a real good year. No protection will = no breakout.

YoungTexanFan
03-29-2007, 07:33 AM
For Rico Schaub-e to have breakout year will require the rest of the offense to have one also, particularly the O-line. If the O-line has a breakout year, then I could see Rico very easily having a real good year. No protection will = no breakout.

Yeah, I think Schaub was sacked an average of 6 times a game in those starts. I know they are used to being able to let the man by and chase Vick, but thats not great awareness to me. If we don't take Brown at #10, I would like to see Winston and the Cheif guy battle for our LT spot. Spencer has always been a RG/RT in my mind.

Carr Bombed
03-29-2007, 08:15 AM
Schaub was only sacked three times in each start.