PDA

View Full Version : David Carr ...

jdm12
03-27-2007, 01:37 PM
A co-worker said he heard on the radio (SR610) that David Carr was considering retirement. I would say it was sometime between 5:30 p.m and 7 p.m. yesterday evening.

At this point I am assuming that who ever said it was clearly speculating. reporting a rumor, listing avaliable options, or my co-worker just misunderstood the conversation. At any rate I have not seen or heard anything regarding this.

Don't shoot the messenger hear. This is complete hear-say and I am just trying to see if anyone heard it. Or, if there is any truth to it.

Hulk, if you are still out there feel free to chime in.

J

texans83
03-27-2007, 01:40 PM
wow I didnt hear that if it was said. Last I heard the dolphins were interested in him.

Second Honeymoon
03-27-2007, 01:42 PM
wouldnt surprise me at all....no one wants him and football isnt important to him anyway....whatever, please move this out of Bullpen...he isnt our problem anymore

he stole McNairs money and now can retire in peace and begin his career as a male model...

jdm12
03-27-2007, 01:43 PM
wow I didnt hear that if it was said. Last I heard the dolphins were interested in him.

Same here. When he brought it up to me this morning I was obviously in disbelief. I have searched the net high and low and how found nothing. So I decided to post it here.

J

Texan_Bill
03-27-2007, 01:44 PM
Hulk posted about an hour ago talking about Carolina.. In fact he has changed his avatar already...

Go to post #35
http://forums.houstontexans.com/showthread.php?t=37188&page=2

Marcus
03-27-2007, 01:47 PM
Pure speculation based upon rumors going around that he's not really interested in playing football. And those rumors originate from the ones who have always questioned if his heart was really in it.

Typical trickle down from the boards, to the blogs, to the radio, and eventually to the media.

jdm12
03-27-2007, 01:49 PM
Hulk posted about an hour ago talking about Carolina.. In fact he has changed his avatar already...

Go to post #35

Good to see retirement was not on that list. I really hope David does well, where ever he goes. Except of course when he plays us.

J

PS. Mods, feel free to kill this thread if you want. I did not see the post previously mentioned.

HoustonFrog
03-27-2007, 01:50 PM

Go to post #35

Heck I have been saying Carolina for weeks. I thought they would have been a trade down partner for him when he was still our property. They have a starting QB who has been banged up, got rid of the losingest back-up ever and have no one else worth a crud. I still don't see him playing as a starter but they need help.

thunderkyss
03-27-2007, 01:51 PM
If he retires, then he's dumber than I thought. The kid needs to swallow that pride, and take a back-up contract with GreenBay..... I heard they were interested. Watch the man play for a year, then play his but off, and earn the starting job in '08.

Or Go to KC... there's a good chance that he'll get to play if Huard(old as hell) can't play as well as he did last year, & their rookie isn't as ready as they'd like.

As long as he doesn't go to Oakland, he should be ok.... he shouldn't just retire, unless he just doesn't like the game anymore.

texans83
03-27-2007, 01:52 PM
wow he did, you know im giong to miss that guy, he did put in some good things regarding his bro. Anyways I hope the best for him and david

Texan_Bill
03-27-2007, 01:53 PM
Actually Frog, I do remember you mentioning Carolina.. Some people questioned you because they thought Jake Delhomme was "all that".. After thinking about it, it makes sense. Carr needs to sit the bench for a while and Jake Delhomme doesn't have a whole lot of mileage left...

Texan_Bill
03-27-2007, 01:54 PM
If he retires, then he's dumber than I thought. The kid needs to swallow that pride, and take a back-up contract with GreenBay..... I heard they were interested. Watch the man play for a year, then play his but off, and earn the starting job in '08.

Or Go to KC... there's a good chance that he'll get to play if Huard(old as hell) can't play as well as he did last year, & their rookie isn't as ready as they'd like.

As long as he doesn't go to Oakland, he should be ok.... he shouldn't just retire, unless he just doesn't like the game anymore.

Both of those make sense as well, being similar situations.

texans83
03-27-2007, 01:56 PM
he should retire.... maybe he finally sat down and watched some of his game film... and realized he is not an nfl qb. david.... just retire, have fun with your millions of dollars and your mediocre looking wife!!

what the hell is wrong with you?

Errant Hothy
03-27-2007, 01:58 PM
Peter King said the same thing, about Carr hanging them up, in his last article.

LINK: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/peter_king/03/26/0326/4.html

And you know what wouldn't surprise me? If Carr didn't play football again. Not saying that will happen, but I am saying the thought has crossed Carr's mind

phantom17
03-27-2007, 02:13 PM
he should retire.... maybe he finally sat down and watched some of his game film... and realized he is not an nfl qb. david.... just retire, have fun with your millions of dollars and your mediocre looking wife!!

DTOM- pls be nice! Just cuz he makes more money then both of us combined in a lifetime doesn't make him less human. You don't have to take a real cheap shot about his wife, just make fun of him!:confused:

TexasJedi
03-27-2007, 02:15 PM
Peter King said the same thing, about Carr hanging them up, in his last article.

LINK: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/peter_king/03/26/0326/4.html
I wonder if that is the source of the retirement talk, Peter King's musings.

I think Carr could do well in Carolina. They have plenty of talent and the media glare would not be as bright as in Oakland. I cannot even imagine David wearing another jersey. Man I wish it had worked out here.

ItsAJtime
03-27-2007, 02:19 PM
I could see him retiring. Carr has made plenty of money, and he knows what is most important in life...Wife, Kids, Family, Friends, Health and most importantly God. So if he is as smart as I think he is, retirement should be a serious consideration.

TexasJedi
03-27-2007, 02:19 PM
Where were you on the Sunday of week 17 in 2004 season?

threetoedpete
03-27-2007, 02:22 PM

No thunderkiss... the guy is truly heart broken. It was never about the money with him.,Never. He wanted to take this team to the super bowl. This team. He wanted to suceed here. It wasn't an act or TV sound bites. The guy is what he is...That just makes it all the sadder. The guy is loyal to a fault. No one else I know would of kept gettting up from those beatings he took for five years... So DC's not a winner. Well if that's the case...here's to the gloriuos losers. God Love 'em. And God Bless DC and his efforts here.

CarolinaTexan
03-27-2007, 02:26 PM
how does anyone know if Hulk is full of ***** or not? i could get on here and make up phone calls and inside info if i wanted, anyone know if he is actually that close to carr?
p.s. funny how he said "dont screw this pick up" yet his avatar is Peppers. the irony.

texans83
03-27-2007, 02:27 PM
how does anyone know if Hulk is full of ***** or not? i could get on here and make up phone calls and inside info if i wanted, anyone know if he is actually that close to carr?

well he is his brother

threetoedpete
03-27-2007, 02:29 PM
Well untill I'm told other wise...that's the DC's younger brother. Might of been a hoaxster. Internet and all. I believe him. I think his info is just as accurate as the info DC has. 'Course I also believed it when Bill said he never inheld or that the cigar was just a prop.

CarolinaTexan
03-27-2007, 02:29 PM
how do you know? i am peyton mannings brother

texans83
03-27-2007, 02:30 PM

well do some research on all the post he has made. then come back and tell us what you think

Hulk75
03-27-2007, 02:33 PM
p.s. funny how he said "dont screw this pick up" yet his avatar is Peppers. the irony.

Thats cause I am on the outside like everyone that is not a Texan fan, hint hint Joke Joke. Everyone asume Mario was a bad pick, I liked it personally just give him time.

CarolinaTexan
03-27-2007, 02:35 PM
i've read many of his posts, he definitly looks legit. then again, most hoaxers look legit too. Im not saying he isn't...keep in mind this is a internet message board, you have to be skeptical

HOU-TEX
03-27-2007, 02:36 PM
well do some research on all the post he has made. then come back and tell us what you think

Brother or not, he's spewed nothing but BS on this board. I've proven him wrong on several accounts with stats and links. He never replies to someone that calls him out on his lies. IMO, I wouldn't believe a word that guy says.

CarolinaTexan
03-27-2007, 02:37 PM
Thats cause I am on the outside like everyone that is not a Texan fan, hint hint Joke Joke. Everyone asume Mario was a bad pick, I liked it personally just give him time.

so what pick are you referring to? haha:stirpot: today a little arn't i.

Texan_Bill
03-27-2007, 02:40 PM

I don't know, but I tend to take people at their word... until I have reason not to..

Coonass Texan
03-27-2007, 02:47 PM
I wouldn't say he is dumber than you, he did make over 31 million dollars in 5 years and still has his health. If he is all about his family, I think he did a pretty good job setting his life up. Not everybody has the competitive nature that Brett Favre and Peyton Manning has. I really don't think Carr was trying to be the best. He made his money and good for him

NFLforher
03-27-2007, 03:08 PM
what the hell is wrong with you?

More than can be posted here.

texans83
03-27-2007, 03:10 PM
More than can be posted here.

what?

NFLforher
03-27-2007, 03:10 PM
Where were you on the Sunday of week 17 in 2004 season?

Holding a beer.

NFLforher
03-27-2007, 03:11 PM
what?

There is a lot wrong with a guy like that. Too much to be listed here. I'm glad you called him on it.

Trenches
03-27-2007, 03:13 PM
the fact that Carr hasnt landed a job after being cut tells you all you need to know about how the league feels about him. Retirement may not be HIS choice.

NFLforher
03-27-2007, 03:13 PM
No thunderkiss... the guy is truly heart broken. It was never about the money with him.,Never. He wanted to take this team to the super bowl. This team. He wanted to suceed here. It wasn't an act or TV sound bites. The guy is what he is...That just makes it all the sadder. The guy is loyal to a fault. No one else I know would of kept gettting up from those beatings he took for five years... So DC's not a winner. Well if that's the case...here's to the gloriuos losers. God Love 'em. And God Bless DC and his efforts here.

Yeah, I sad the same thing. He wanted to have a successful career here.

It didn't happen. So he'll move on.

NFLforher
03-27-2007, 03:14 PM
the fact that Carr hasnt landed a job after being cut tells you all you need to know about how the league feels about him. Retirement may not be HIS choice.

Are you that naive?

It takes time to work out a deal.

In addition, some teams may want to wait see see how the draft shakes out and determine their most pressing needs.

NFLforher
03-27-2007, 03:17 PM

Yes, it is known. He is Darren Carr.

texans83
03-27-2007, 03:18 PM
There is a lot wrong with a guy like that. Too much to be listed here. I'm glad you called him on it.

oh ok gotcha!!

NFLforher
03-27-2007, 03:19 PM

A Moderator here verified it...said he knew Hulk was his brother for a while.

Are you Eli or Cooper?

Texan_Bill
03-27-2007, 03:19 PM

For better or worse, Carr is in a pretty good place. He can figure out who is interested in him. Weigh out the pros and cons of those organizations and then begin negotiations. That could take a few days, that could take a few weeks...

The Texans really did do him a favor by cutting him this early.

4Texans
03-27-2007, 07:15 PM

He was cut 4 days ago, in March, what's the rush?????????? I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't sign with anyone until after the draft. I think retirement will be HIS choice. It's just a matter of what team he can strike a deal with to his liking. He's certainly not black-balled around the leauge. I'm sure he really is thinking deep down about what he want's to do. Family is obviously more important to him then football.

IMO, He's not going to get more than a 2 year contract. And if he really want's to prove something, he'll sign a one year deal, hope to kick ass, and be a free agent again in 2008. It all depends on where his head is at, and his pride.

Koolaid Time
03-27-2007, 08:00 PM

Just curious... what was David's "back up" to Pro Football? Real Estate?
Some former pro athletes in this town have made a mint in real estate around here...

Trenches
03-27-2007, 09:32 PM
oh, yes. Carr has TONS of options. I'm sure he's sorting thru all of them now. That is why he had so much TRADE VALUE! We cut him because it was taking up too much of our FO's time to field all the offers.

get real. everybody in the league has stopped making excuses for the guy. he is a Sanford&Son salvage project at this point.

CarolinaTexan
03-27-2007, 10:57 PM
how many bro's does david have? im eli btw, mario sacked me hard last year im still sore.

thunderkyss
03-27-2007, 11:14 PM

It's no secret how hard Peyton works to be better at his trade. It's no secret how much work Vince puts in to get better at his trade. It's no secret how hard Tom Brady works to be one of the best at his trade.

I know for a fact, that Eli is imploring Plaxico & Shockey to work out with him before the season. I know Eli will begin throwing before OTAs....

I've got David's brother on this MB, and I can't get any insight as to what David is doing this offseason, or any offseason since he's been a Texan, to become a better QB.

The main difference between a Jon Kitna & a David Carr(if he does in fact decides to retire) is that one of them keeps getting back up when he's knocked down, and the other one gets heartbroken.

chjoak
03-27-2007, 11:19 PM
A co-worker said he heard on the radio (SR610) that David Carr was considering retirement. I would say it was sometime between 5:30 p.m and 7 p.m. yesterday evening.

At this point I am assuming that who ever said it was clearly speculating. reporting a rumor, listing avaliable options, or my co-worker just misunderstood the conversation. At any rate I have not seen or heard anything regarding this.

Don't shoot the messenger hear. This is complete hear-say and I am just trying to see if anyone heard it. Or, if there is any truth to it.

Hulk, if you are still out there feel free to chime in.

J

I heard the same thing on 790 yesterday. It came from a CNNSI article by Peter King stating that Carr has considered retirement. The article did not cite any source. I read the article as well. It almost sounded more like King's opinion.

CarolinaTexan
03-27-2007, 11:20 PM
good god i'v never seen people so attached to a QB. Its not the end of the world, he didn't do well here, we gave him 5 yrs, its over. The guy is a multimillionaire cry me a river. Lots of qb's do bad, lots of qb's that were great in college just never succeed in the nfl, it doesnt mean they're bad people, just means they arn't a good nfl qb. 20 million people work for minmum wage, and we are supposed to be sad when a bad qb gets cut for not having one winning season, or even putting up any kind of good numbers, yet still gets mega money. unebelievable.

RTP2110
03-27-2007, 11:24 PM
I could see Carr retiring......

What's going to happen to you? Since you're only 24, you could have a ten-year career, retire, and still be young enough to do something else. Do you think about that? Yeah, that's crossed my mind. There are a lot of things I want to do in my life. Football is not really me; it's just something I do right now. I want to stop playing while I can still enjoy my children. When they start playing ball themselves and doing whatever they want to do in life, I want to be there for that. And I want to play golf. And I want to travel with my wife. Right now I'm focused so much on winning a Super Bowl and winning foot ball games. When this is all over, I'm going to miss it a lot. But I'll have a life to live when I'm thirty-something years old.

http://www.accessmylibrary.com/coms2/summary_0286-12945539_ITM

NFLforher
03-27-2007, 11:25 PM
how many bro's does david have? im eli btw, mario sacked me hard last year im still sore.

David has two brothers, 3 sons, one wife, and two parents.

NFLforher
03-27-2007, 11:26 PM

Right now he's focused on football games and he's not "thirty something."

DarkNinja
03-28-2007, 02:22 AM
good god i'v never seen people so attached to a QB. Its not the end of the world, he didn't do well here, we gave him 5 yrs, its over. The guy is a multimillionaire cry me a river. Lots of qb's do bad, lots of qb's that were great in college just never succeed in the nfl, it doesnt mean they're bad people, just means they arn't a good nfl qb. 20 million people work for minmum wage, and we are supposed to be sad when a bad qb gets cut for not having one winning season, or even putting up any kind of good numbers, yet still gets mega money. unebelievable.

Totally agree with this guy....get him a beer!!:lightbulb:

Texan_Bill
03-28-2007, 09:42 AM

Anyone notice that when you click the link, there's a link for:
Free #5 Eagles Jersey Get Your #5 Jeff Garcia Jersey For Free. Act Now!
Last time I checked (before Garcia went to Tampa), McNabb was #5 and Garcia was #7...

HuttoKarl
03-28-2007, 09:47 AM

Or it means he's got options and isn't hurrying up to lock into something without sorting thru them all.

Mr. White
03-28-2007, 09:48 AM
I expect that he'll sign with Miami next week. John Clayton said that Cam Cameron's on vacation in Rome this week.

Hulk75
03-28-2007, 10:00 AM
I expect that he'll sign with Miami next week. John Clayton said that Cam Cameron's on vacation in Rome this week.

Maybe he will find a QB over there cause Carr is not going to sign with Miami, if he does they better open the pockett book.

Trap_Star
03-28-2007, 10:01 AM
Maybe he will find a QB over there cause Carr is not going to sign with Miami, if he does they better open the pockett book.

By when does david expect to be signed?...

Texans Horror
03-28-2007, 10:05 AM
Great question. I've been wondering the same thing.

Hervoyel
03-28-2007, 10:19 AM

Best post in this thread. Might be the best post in this forum.

StarStruck
03-28-2007, 10:53 AM

Interesting

ROCKY
03-28-2007, 11:03 AM

Your a moron, David's wife has done nothing to get slagged on. You have absolutely no class for making a comment like that.

Trap_Star
03-28-2007, 11:04 AM
Ive never seen his wife before....:confused:

thunderkyss
03-28-2007, 11:10 AM
Interesting

Interesting?? It's down right pathetic. He shouldn't even be worried about the money. His priority should be whether he'll get to start or not. If he wants a starting job(& he'll want one if he thinks he belongs in this league) he should find out who'll start him from Day one, no competition, no nothing.

Only the raiders fit that bill IMHO.

If he doesn't want to play for the Raiders(understandable) then he's got to look at the teams that will allow him to compete for the job.

Tampa, KC, Minnesota, Miami, Cleveland, Buffalo(??)...... And then, look at which team gives him the best chance to succeed, based on the system they run, the talent they have, and the philosophy of the teams management, and not based on who has the easiest QB to beat in an open competition.

After that, he needs to look at the teams looking for their heir Apparent. Green Bay is probably the best Back-up job out there, Baltimore(another good one) & even Denver. I guarantee you Cutler will not be shown the courtesy David was. The kid better have a tough skin, or he'll be gone, and soon.

David is a multi-millionairre already. If he is in it, only for the money, that would explain a lot of what went on here in Houston.

StarStruck
03-28-2007, 11:33 AM
Interesting?? It's down right pathetic. He shouldn't even be worried about the money. His priority should be whether he'll get to start or not. If he wants a starting job(& he'll want one if he thinks he belongs in this league) he should find out who'll start him from Day one, no competition, no nothing.

Well, I was trying to KIS, how about :shocked :wow: :money: Interesting!

thunderkyss
03-28-2007, 11:46 AM
Well, I was trying to KIS, how about :shocked :wow: :money: Interesting!

a little better....

GP
03-28-2007, 03:56 PM

Nice to see that the Carr camp expects to get a big payday in light of all that's happened.

"...open the pocket book."

(sigh)

Maybe your brother should be "open" to any chance to start for an NFL team?

Funny thing about money: It t akes care of itself when you show what your worth.

The Texans dropped David like you'd drop an under-performing stock...sell high, buy low...basic principles of capitalism, by the way.

A team that operates under basic "capitalistic" principles will buy David at a low price. Please remember that no team offered to trade for David.

A few teams seemed OK with just seeing what David will take. And if he high balls those teams, he'll be off the field until he understands the principles of capitalism.

You can't fool a fooler.

Is this David talking, saying this, or another brother defending his brother and shooting his mouth off about how great his brother is and blah-blah-blah?

(sigh)

Darren, just move on. It's time. I had some great conversation with you last year. I'm sure you'd be great to have a Dr. Pepper with. But please just leave. Leave for you. Leave for David. And leave for us.

It's old now.

"open the pocket book."

LOL. Now THAT'S funny.

NFLforher
03-28-2007, 07:39 PM
Ive never seen his wife before....:confused:

http://www.yesbutnobutyes.com/archives/2007/01/who_are_they_no.html

NFLforher
03-28-2007, 07:42 PM
[QUOTE=gpshafer_1976;646067]

Darren, just move on. It's time. I had some great conversation with you last year. I'm sure you'd be great to have a Dr. Pepper with. But please just leave. Leave for you. Leave for David. And leave for us. QUOTE]

Why on earth do you want to control who posts here and who doesn't?

Get your own board.

Koolaid Time
03-28-2007, 07:59 PM

Hulk's Raiders Avatar says it all..

NFLforher
03-28-2007, 08:23 PM
Hulk's Raiders Avatar says it all..

Carr has an uncle who played for the Raiders.

Al looks scary...

http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/NFL_Czar/2007/03/27/Kiffin_sounds_off_on_his_Raiders

Hulk75
03-28-2007, 10:19 PM

Only the raiders fit that bill IMHO.

If he doesn't want to play for the Raiders(understandable) then he's got to look at the teams that will allow him to compete for the job.

Tampa, KC, Minnesota, Miami, Cleveland, Buffalo(??)...... And then, look at which team gives him the best chance to succeed, based on the system they run, the talent they have, and the philosophy of the teams management, and not based on who has the easiest QB to beat in an open competition.

After that, he needs to look at the teams looking for their heir Apparent. Green Bay is probably the best Back-up job out there, Baltimore(another good one) & even Denver. I guarantee you Cutler will not be shown the courtesy David was. The kid better have a tough skin, or he'll be gone, and soon.

David is a multi-millionairre already. If he is in it, only for the money, that would explain a lot of what went on here in Houston.

:cry2: ............

Hulk75
03-28-2007, 10:22 PM
Nice to see that the Carr camp expects to get a big payday in light of all that's happened.

(sigh)

Funny thing about money: It t akes care of itself when you show what your worth.

The Texans dropped David like you'd drop an under-performing stock...sell high, buy low...basic principles of capitalism, by the way.

A team that operates under basic "capitalistic" principles will buy David at a low price. Please remember that no team offered to trade for David.

A few teams seemed OK with just seeing what David will take. And if he high balls those teams, he'll be off the field until he understands the principles of capitalism.

You can't fool a fooler.

Is this David talking, saying this, or another brother defending his brother and shooting his mouth off about how great his brother is and blah-blah-blah?

(sigh)

Darren, just move on. It's time. I had some great conversation with you last year. I'm sure you'd be great to have a Dr. Pepper with. But please just leave. Leave for you. Leave for David. And leave for us.

It's old now.

"open the pocket book."

LOL. Now THAT'S funny.

My favorite is when people play the enternet tough guy act, its cute, talk to people however you want and stuff it is great. I will leave soon enough then you guys can come down to Carolina with your great OLine you got and play against the best DLine in Football, I will be waiting on the other side.

thunderkyss
03-28-2007, 10:32 PM
My favorite is when people play the enternet tough guy act, its cute, talk to people however you want and stuff it is great. I will leave soon enough then you guys can come down to Carolina with your great OLine you got and play against the best DLine in Football, I will be waiting on the other side.

I like when people anonymously spell internet with an e.

David in Carolina??

Doubt it.

Hulk75
03-28-2007, 10:32 PM

David in Carolina??

Doubt it.

Why?

QBs Carr and Harrington to visit Panthers next week
PAT YASINSKAS
pyasinskas@charlotteobserver.com

PHOENIX --
Stop yawning. After seemingly snoozing through the early stages of free agency, the Carolina Panthers will awaken and host their first significant visitors next week.

Sources close to David Carr and Joey Harrington said the quarterbacks are expected to visit with the Panthers, who have been searching for a backup to Jake Delhomme since releasing Chris Weinke this month. Coincidentally, Carr and Harrington were two players the Panthers scouted extensively before using the second overall pick in the 2002 draft to take All-Pro defensive end Julius Peppers.

The source close to Carr said the former Houston Texans quarterback will travel to Charlotte early next week. The Seattle Seahawks are believed to be the other team most interested in Carr.

Harrington's visit is still being scheduled. The Panthers informed the former Detroit and Miami quarterback of their interest in early March, but Harrington has been traveling in Africa on his honeymoon.

Panthers officials don't comment on visits by free agents. Coach John Fox would speak only in vague terms about plans for the position during the NFC coach's breakfast at the annual NFL meeting at the Arizona Biltmore.

"It's a definite need and something we're going to address," Fox said.

When asked if he preferred a young or old quarterback, Fox said he wanted a backup with NFL experience, but not a player on the downside of his career.

Carr, 27, and Harrington, 28, both fit that profile. Ironically, the reason the Panthers are interested in Carr and Harrington now might be the same reason they were not drafted by Carolina in 2002.

"Typically, a quarterback requires training and the best training is NFL training," Fox said.

In Fox's first draft, the Panthers were coming off a 1-15 season and felt Peppers could make a more immediate impact than a quarterback. They started veteran Rodney Peete that season and brought in Delhomme the following year.

Carr was chosen first overall by the Texans in that draft and Harrington went third to Detroit. Neither quarterback has prospered, but NFL personnel people believe both have untapped potential.

Playing on an expansion team in Houston, Carr frequently struggled behind bad offensive lines. But his career numbers are slightly better than Harrington's and some personnel people believe Carr could flourish with a better team around him.

Carr has completed 60 percent of his passes and has a 75.5 quarterback rating while starting 75 games in five seasons with the Texans. He's thrown for 59 touchdowns and 65 interceptions.

Harrington spent his first four seasons in Detroit and last season with Miami. His tenure with the Lions was rocky and he became a target of criticism by fans. Harrington has made 66 starts, completing 55.2-percent of his passes with a 68.1 rating. He's thrown 72 touchdowns and 77 interceptions.

thunderkyss
03-28-2007, 10:33 PM
Why?

Why not??

Napa Auto Parts
03-28-2007, 10:34 PM

David in Carolina??

Doubt it.

David would be a perfect fit for Carolina he could sit behind Jake for 2 years and take over.

Hulk75
03-28-2007, 10:37 PM
Why not??

He visits Seattle too. Or not? you tell me were next.

Hey thats all, see you guys when you visit next year. I hope.............never mind good luck.

NFLforher
03-28-2007, 10:39 PM
:dance2:

Kyss is out of the loop. He doesn't get out much.

thunderkyss
03-28-2007, 10:39 PM
David would be a perfect fit for Carolina he could sit behind Jake for 2 years and take over.

Agreed. But they'll have to open up the pocket book according to Hulk76.

But I tell you what, for me, this will prove if Hulk is David's brother, or some psychotic nutcase.

if David signs with Carolina.... he's the brother of the Hulk. If not.. he's just some schmuck.

thunderkyss
03-28-2007, 10:41 PM

Hey thats all, see you guys when you visit next year. I hope.............never mind good luck.

Well it's good to know David's come to terms with the fact that he is not(today) a starting QB.

About freak'n time.

Dunta_23
03-28-2007, 10:56 PM
Agreed. But they'll have to open up the pocket book according to Hulk76.

But I tell you what, for me, this will prove if Hulk is David's brother, or some psychotic nutcase.

if David signs with Carolina.... he's the brother of the Hulk. If not.. he's just some schmuck.

Yeah cause no players ever visit teams and leave without a contract...and what Hulk said was to go to Miami they better open up the pocketbook...Not Carolina...In Seattle or Carolina, he'd obviously be the backup whereas Miami hed battle for the starting job...usually 2 different salary brackets...

NFLforher
03-28-2007, 10:58 PM
Yeah cause no players ever visit teams and leave without a contract...and what Hulk said was to go to Miami they better open up the pocketbook...Not Carolina...In Seattle or Carolina, he'd obviously be the backup whereas Miami hed battle for the starting job...usually 2 different salary brackets...

I read on another board that Hasselbeck has a hurt shoulder and Holmgren is looking for a starter.

Any truth to that?

NFLforher
03-28-2007, 10:58 PM
Well it's good to know David's come to terms with the fact that he is not(today) a starting QB.

About freak'n time.

Wrong.

thunderkyss
03-28-2007, 11:11 PM

You've got a point. You talk like you've got some sense. Hulk is telling us that David will be waving to us when we visit Carolina in '08. That sounds like someone professing to have inside knowledge, saying that David is, or will be signing with the Panthers.

thunderkyss
03-28-2007, 11:11 PM
Wrong.

You're right, it's past time.

Dunta_23
03-28-2007, 11:16 PM
I read on another board that Hasselbeck has a hurt shoulder and Holmgren is looking for a starter.

Any truth to that?

Last I heard was around Superbowl time and Hasselbeck said it was non throwing arm and should be ready, if I remember correctly

NFLforher
03-28-2007, 11:19 PM
Last I heard was around Superbowl time and Hasselbeck said it was non throwing arm and should be ready, if I remember correctly

After being diagnosed with a torn labrum in that shoulder, he underwent surgery on Jan. 18. The surgery was performed by Dr. James Andrews, who repaired Drew Brees’ dislocated throwing shoulder last offseason. There are concerns Matt Hasselbeck will miss the team’s May and June minicamps, which he had hoped to take advantage of in an effort to get a jump on improving his rapport with WRs Deion Branch and Nate Burleson, both of whom struggled to get in sync with Hasselbeck in their first seasons as Seahawks.

This one says he's ahead of schedule:

http://www.cbc.ca/cp/football/070323/f032313A.html

NFLforher
03-28-2007, 11:24 PM
Raiders looking at CARR:

http://www.sacbee.com/100/story/145555.html

BlackHeart
03-28-2007, 11:24 PM

Hey don't count the Raiders out guys !!! :dance2:

NFLforher
03-28-2007, 11:25 PM
Hey don't count the Raiders out guys !!! :dance2:

Didn't I just say that?

NFLforher
03-28-2007, 11:27 PM
Blackheart, I'm sorry about your friend.

BlackHeart
03-28-2007, 11:31 PM
Blackheart, I'm sorry about your friend.

I'm surprised you know about it bro. He was a Moderator and head man of another Raider board and even though I didn't know him face to face you can tell he was a nice man with a good heart.

BlackHeart
03-28-2007, 11:32 PM
Didn't I just say that?

Sorry man lol I think we posted it at the sametime. I wish I can get a chance to talk to Hulk on here.

NFLforher
I'm surprised you know about it bro. He was a Moderator and head man of another Raider board and even though I didn't know him face to face you can tell he was a nice man with a good heart.

I could see that you were really affected by his loss.

NFLforher
Sorry man lol I think we posted it at the sametime. I wish I can get a chance to talk to Hulk on here.

He was here a little while ago.

I used to tell my young son that if he didn't behave I would put his niner jacket on him and stick him in the black hole.

BlackHeart
03-28-2007, 11:37 PM
I could see that you were really affected by his loss.

It surprised the crap out of me bro and sometimes you do build friendships on these boards and become close like family. Just like me and the guys on RaiderNet

BlackHeart
03-28-2007, 11:38 PM
He was here a little while ago.

I used to tell my young son that if he didn't behave I would put his niner jacket on him and stick him in the black hole.

So I see Hulk feels that Carr will be a Panther huh ? Not if the Raiders jump in

NFLforher
03-28-2007, 11:39 PM
It surprised the crap out of me bro and sometimes you do build friendships on these boards and become close like family. Just like me and the guys on RaiderNet

Yeah, I spend waaay too much time on message boards and have made some great friends myself.

The positive thing about the net is you can "meet" good folks that you would have never had the chance to know.

NFLforher
03-28-2007, 11:39 PM
So I see Hulk feels that Carr will be a Panther huh ? Not if the Raiders jump in

What about your line?

I'd enjoy Carr to Johnson.

BlackHeart
03-28-2007, 11:46 PM
What about your line?

I'd enjoy Carr to Johnson.

Our line will be just fine lol thats the only thing people talk about now is our line. Our starting o-line as of now is.

LT. Sims LG. Mcquistan C. Newberry RG. Boothe. RT. Gallery but I expect a new starting LG when training camp starts

NFLforher
03-28-2007, 11:47 PM
Our line will be just fine lol thats the only thing people talk about now is our line. Our starting o-line as of now is.

LT. Sims LG. Mcquistan C. Newberry RG. Boothe. RT. Gallery but I expect a new starting LG when training camp starts

Good. I thought you would enjoy this (from a Panthers message board):

"I think you're right...Carr is the guy they want. Let's just hope some team like the Raiders don't offer him more money and a starting spot."

BlackHeart
03-28-2007, 11:51 PM
Good. I thought you would enjoy this (from a Panthers message board):

"I think you're right...Carr is the guy they want. Let's just hope some team like the Raiders don't offer him more money and a starting spot."

Raiders will most likely try and offer him a 3 year deal with incentives in it.
Of course you know that our Head Coach Lane Kiffin used to coach Carr right?

GP
03-28-2007, 11:53 PM
[QUOTE=gpshafer_1976;646067]

Darren, just move on. It's time. I had some great conversation with you last year. I'm sure you'd be great to have a Dr. Pepper with. But please just leave. Leave for you. Leave for David. And leave for us. QUOTE]

Why on earth do you want to control who posts here and who doesn't?

Get your own board.

Why?

Because people like you pretend to support the team, and yet you run off at the mouth with all your buddy-buddy talk to Hulk75....all in front of us.

How about YOU and HULK75 go and get YOUR own board? That would be a lot better than 457 of "us" getting another board so that we don't have to see you guys flirt back and forth with each other.

Hulk75 PM'd me after my comments in this thread. I didn't even read it...I just hit reply and typed the same thing I typed in my previous post in this thread: "It's just time for you to move on, Darren." I included some other choice statements to add to what I'm feelimg.

I don't know, sometimes I think some people (like Darren, by the way) just gloat and enjoy getting the attention that he "knows more than we do" and blah-blah-blah.

That's why it's time for him to move on. I know there's a day or two for all of us to adjust not seeing David as our QB, a chance for all of us to say "goodbye" to Darren because he's been here so long. I can understand it. But when we get to Day 7 or 8 of this ordeal, and he's still hanging out here with what I feel is a smug and cocky attitude about the whole thing...that's when I can't keep my trap shut anymore.

Show me where any of his posts have been about the positives of our team? Has he talked about anything else other than "See you soon when your sucky o line is getting smashed by Carolina's d line"? Show me where there's anything but that twirpy little junior high attitude that he claims others engage in but he's so much above it himself.

I called Darren on the carpet about this same cocky attitude about a month or two ago when he was flaming everybody on every post and making a fool of himself...kinda' like a guy "on tilt" who wants to fight everybody for anything and everything. He PM'd me a few days later and apologized and said he was very sorry, that he didn't mean to do it etc. I said "No problem, man." and kept a cool head about it all.

We all deserve extra chances, but it's just dawning on me that Darren doesn't learn from his past mistakes...seems like the whole family has that problem eh?

So I've washed my hands of anything to say to him, unless it's to tell him to move on down the road.

But you go ahead and shake his hand while he stabs us in the back with all the trash-talking comments about our team that you just blatantly ignore and lap up like gravy.

Sheesh..."go get my own board."

Riiiiiiiiight.

Look at my signature below. THAT'S what's going on with Darren: He's so stuck in being a brother to David that he cannot use logic. Logic says "Extend the olive branch of peace, move on to better days, and then come back later to the Texans fans who will greet you with open arms." That's what Darren should do, use logic and just play it cool around here, but he doesn't. Instead, he sits around here and attempts to rub our noses in doo-doo...and some of you allow it, and say "Thank you, Darren! More, please!"

Anybody else "getting" what I am saying?

It's not to be "ugly" to Darren, but rather it's to say "Please stop. It's old now."

It's like the bully at school that gives you a wedgie one day, then becomes your pal the next day...only to then revert to bullying you again the NEXT day...etc....etc...it just gets old, you know?

GP
03-29-2007, 12:08 AM

That's what I am talking about, Darren.

You PRETEND to realllllllllllly care about us, but you don't.

It seems that all you care about is your brother and how "Carolina's d line is going to smash our sucky o line, and I'll be waiting on the other side..."

THAT'S your true colors, and this is mine: Steel Blue and Battle Red.

Thank you for blessing us with your presence and all your insider information, Darren. We will "miss" you.

BlackHeart
03-29-2007, 12:13 AM

It seems that all you care about is your brother and how "Carolina's d line is going to smash our sucky o line, and I'll be waiting on the other side..."

Thank you for blessing us with your presence and all your insider information, Darren. We will "miss" you.

How does Hulk know for sure if the Panthers will pay him the money he wants ?

TwinSisters
03-29-2007, 12:30 AM
then you guys can come down to Carolina with your great OLine you got and play against the best DLine in Football, I will be waiting on the other side.

o you know it too. For the second time.

Capers and Banks 14-10 2003 taking out the Super Bowl contendors
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/recap/NFL_20031102_CAR@HOU

remove Walker insert Williams
remove Glenn insert Robinson
remove Tony Banks insert Schaub
remove Mack insert Dayne
remove Davis insert Green
remove Wong insert Ryans
remove Miller insert Daniels

Starting line Pitts/Washington/McKinney/Weigert/Randall
VS
Peppers/Buckner/Jenkins/Rucker

( damn Walker was even out that day )

The Pencil Neck
03-29-2007, 12:47 AM
How does Hulk know for sure if the Panthers will pay him the money he wants ?

He doesn't. He's just jumping the gun. David visited the Panthers and so Hulk's excited about that and mentioning it in conversation like it's a done deal. That's why he sometimes gets a reputation for saying things that don't turn out to be true. He was sure that David was going to the Raiders prior to the Schaub trade coming through.

You guys still have a shot at him.

BlackHeart
03-29-2007, 01:48 AM
He doesn't. He's just jumping the gun. David visited the Panthers and so Hulk's excited about that and mentioning it in conversation like it's a done deal. That's why he sometimes gets a reputation for saying things that don't turn out to be true. He was sure that David was going to the Raiders prior to the Schaub trade coming through.

You guys still have a shot at him.

Wow, It seems like he is falling out of favor by some of you.

TwinSisters
03-29-2007, 02:53 AM
Wow, It seems like he is falling out of favor by some of you.

5 years and 50 losses tends to do that. 5 years and at least 74 games, resulting in only 3 games with 30 points

30 vs Raiders ( gave up 442 that year for 31st in the NFL )
31 vs Titans ( gave up 439 that year for 30th in the NFL )
30 vs Cardinals ( gave up 387 that year for 26th in the NFL )

that's it man.

that's all.

sure there are a bunch of reasons; take a gamble and see what they are. Even the freaking 77 Bucs managed to score 30 points on the Saints. The damn 78 Bucs put up 30+ points three times in one season.

02 Browns had three in one season ( their fourth ). 76 Hawks 1 and then 3 in 77 ( their second ).

BlackHeart
03-29-2007, 03:18 AM
5 years and 50 losses tends to do that. 5 years and at least 74 games, resulting in only 3 games with 30 points

30 vs Raiders ( gave up 442 that year for 31st in the NFL )
31 vs Titans ( gave up 439 that year for 30th in the NFL )
30 vs Cardinals ( gave up 387 that year for 26th in the NFL )

that's it man.

that's all.

sure there are a bunch of reasons; take a gamble and see what they are. Even the freaking 77 Bucs managed to score 30 points on the Saints. The damn 78 Bucs put up 30+ points three times in one season.

02 Browns had three in one season ( their fourth ). 76 Hawks 1 and then 3 in 77 ( their second ).

I was talking about Hulk

TwinSisters
03-29-2007, 03:32 AM
I was talking about Hulk

o sorry.

Hulk is alright. But who really cares is the question... Hulk doesn't play for Houston.

NFLforher
03-29-2007, 10:04 AM
Raiders will most likely try and offer him a 3 year deal with incentives in it.
Of course you know that our Head Coach Lane Kiffin used to coach Carr right?

Yes, I do know that.

Battle Red Flash
03-29-2007, 10:08 AM
Okay, I just got back from vacation, and found out the Texans released David Carr.
Didn't someone say the Texans were offered a #1 for Carr? What happened to that deal? Didn't someone say Carr's agent knew of many teams that wanted to trade for Carr?

On the serious side, I am tired of supporting the "nice" team. They said they let Carr go now to be good to him. Screw that. I would have waited as long as possible til someone panicked and gave us something for him.
Wait til after the draft, and someone who missed on taking a QB might relent and give us a pick next year.
Texans need to show some imagination. Someone wouldn't give us a 5th rounder? A reserve cornerback, or safety? Something? Is it against NFL policy for us to pay half his salary if someone gave us a pick? :confused:

Doom Capers
03-29-2007, 10:24 AM
From what I heard, Carr wouldn't restructure his contract, thus making it hard to trade him.

2BCF
03-29-2007, 10:25 AM
Okay, I just got back from vacation, and found out the Texans released David Carr.
Didn't someone say the Texans were offered a #1 for Carr? What happened to that deal? Didn't someone say Carr's agent knew of many teams that wanted to trade for Carr?

On the serious side, I am tired of supporting the "nice" team. They said they let Carr go now to be good to him. Screw that. I would have waited as long as possible til someone panicked and gave us something for him.
Wait til after the draft, and someone who missed on taking a QB might relent and give us a pick next year.
Texans need to show some imagination. Someone wouldn't give us a 5th rounder? A reserve cornerback, or safety? Something? Is it against NFL policy for us to pay half his salary if someone gave us a pick? :confused:

Couldn't agree more, but Bobby had to make one more trip to the well for Davey.

GP
03-29-2007, 10:29 AM
1. The moderators are moving all David Carr threads to the NFL Section. So, your thread is about to be moved from the Bullpen in a few minutes. No more David Carr threads in the Texans' section. (hallelujah!)

2. We would have to release him June 1st, so holding onto him wasn't going to matter. Teams know they can wait until we release him: David becomes a free agent, and those teams who want David are then not subject to giving us a draft pick or player in return for him.

3. The mistake was giving him the extension/bonus option last year. Once that trigger was pulled, the team was at a point of no return in terms of David Carr...he was going to succeed and it would thus validate the commitment, or he was going to fail and we would then be where we're at today: Starting over and paying out the nose for the new start.

Hope that gives you a quick recap if you needed one.

- gp

Hulk75
03-29-2007, 12:03 PM

(sigh)

You can't fool a fooler.

(sigh)

It's old now.

"open the pocket book."

LOL. Now THAT'S funny.

You wanted me to hit the reply button..........Okay.
When I said that the Dolphins need to open there pockett book to get him, ONLY ment that David is tired of loosing and being sacked and being preasured. Does the Dolphins pretty much want David to start YEA, but at what cost, his sholders, back, knees, what? So your implying he should just take any starting job that comes along right? So what if Miami lost their TE to the Rams and or that their Defense is getting older (with a possible trade in the works for moving Zack Thomas) or just shun the fact that the Dolphins dont have a guy listed on ESPNs roster playing center, they have no center. But he should just go to were he can start right? So when I said (open the pockett book) it meant that they will have a hard time pulling him away from a team that is more talented and has more weapons then Miami, it is going to take more then just "Your our starter" to get him to go somewere like the Dolphins, so if THEY want him to choose Miami over say Seattle or Carolina, they WILL need to open their wallet up. So when I told you to shut your mouth about things you dont know about, this is what I was talking about. You take something I said out of context thats your problem not mine. He is looking for the best place available to him, money does not matter, he has made his money (so dont be jealous) NOW he wants a chance to get onto a good team, A PLAYOFF TEAM, he is tired of loosing and being put on his back 3+ times a game.

Its not about the money werever he winds up, he is looking for a winning team that wants his services, and be a sure that he is going to a team to compete.

Hulk75
03-29-2007, 12:08 PM

Wow, I think you may have a crush on me bro, I dont go that way, sorry. I mean everytime I read your posts its about me, kind of weird.

kastofsna
03-29-2007, 12:33 PM
You wanted me to hit the reply button..........Okay.
When I said that the Dolphins need to open there pockett book to get him, ONLY ment that David is tired of loosing and being sacked and being preasured. Does the Dolphins pretty much want David to start YEA, but at what cost, his sholders, back, knees, what? So your implying he should just take any starting job that comes along right? So what if Miami lost their TE to the Rams and or that their Defense is getting older (with a possible trade in the works for moving Zack Thomas) or just shun the fact that the Dolphins dont have a guy listed on ESPNs roster playing center, they have no center. But he should just go to were he can start right? So when I said (open the pockett book) it meant that they will have a hard time pulling him away from a team that is more talented and has more weapons then Miami, it is going to take more then just "Your our starter" to get him to go somewere like the Dolphins, so if THEY want him to choose Miami over say Seattle or Carolina, they WILL need to open their wallet up. So when I told you to shut your mouth about things you dont know about, this is what I was talking about. You take something I said out of context thats your problem not mine. He is looking for the best place available to him, money does not matter, he has made his money (so dont be jealous) NOW he wants a chance to get onto a good team, A PLAYOFF TEAM, he is tired of loosing and being put on his back 3+ times a game.
so then oakland is going to have to hand the franchise over to him then, right? because miami is a better team than oakland. all around.

anyone that "opens their pockett book" for your bro is an *****.

thunderkyss
03-29-2007, 12:40 PM
so then oakland is going to have to hand the franchise over to him then, right? because miami is a better team than oakland. all around.

I think he means to move out of the AFC, couldn't hang with the BigBoys, so he's going to go play sandlot football, where guys like Eli Manning & Jon Kitna look like gods.

Hulk75
03-29-2007, 12:41 PM

Gosh some of you guys make me wonder if you think longer then 30 seconds about something. Did I say hand the franchise over?, NO you said that, your putting words in my mouth. What I did say was that another team will need to "pay more" for Carr to not got to a better team. Now was that simple enough.

kastofsna
03-29-2007, 12:55 PM
i'm not putting words in your mouth, i'm just using your logic.

TheRealX9
03-29-2007, 01:12 PM
I'm just dieing to know where Carr is going, any updated news,? I hope its a team we play, i would just love to see us get smoked by him,

real
03-29-2007, 01:14 PM
I'm just dieing to know where Carr is going, any updated news,? I hope its a team we play, i would just love to see us get smoked by him,

Knock, Knock....

Mr. White
03-29-2007, 01:15 PM

"Us" is about to be someone else for you. I hope it's soon, so I don't have to keep seeing posts like this one.

The Pencil Neck
03-29-2007, 01:40 PM

By "us", I hope you mean the Cowgirls or whatever team you're really a fan of.

Cause I know you're not a Texan.

bigTEXan8
03-29-2007, 01:50 PM
i admit, i'm a carr fan, and i'm going to root him on wherever he goes, because i had a chance to meet him when he was in college, great guy, etc. but i will always root for the texans because they came around right when i was fed up with the 49ers and what they were doing with their team. that and i've always wanted to live in houston...so yeah.

kastofsna
03-29-2007, 01:59 PM
rooting for players over teams is something little kids do.

Errant Hothy
03-29-2007, 02:01 PM
Knock, Knock....

I hear you knocking, but you can't come in!

BattleRedRaider
03-29-2007, 02:10 PM
interesting IP search your account comes up with...
Bongo59 (http://forums.houstontexans.com/admincp/user.php?do=edit&u=4206) [/URL] [URL="http://forums.houstontexans.com/search.php?do=finduser&u=4206"][Find Posts by User] (http://forums.houstontexans.com/admincp/usertools.php?do=gethost&ip=199.91.34.33) [View Other IP Addresses for this User] (http://forums.houstontexans.com/admincp/usertools.php?do=doips&u=4206&hash=6380bbd46b4146d848b3a718c4479fd4)
TheRealX9 (http://forums.houstontexans.com/admincp/user.php?do=edit&u=8671) [Find Posts by User] (http://forums.houstontexans.com/search.php?do=finduser&u=8671) [View Other IP Addresses for this User] (http://forums.houstontexans.com/admincp/usertools.php?do=doips&u=8671&hash=6380bbd46b4146d848b3a718c4479fd4)
Titans309Fan (http://forums.houstontexans.com/admincp/user.php?do=edit&u=5205) [Find Posts by User] (http://forums.houstontexans.com/search.php?do=finduser&u=5205) [View Other IP Addresses for this User] (http://forums.houstontexans.com/admincp/usertools.php?do=doips&u=5205&hash=6380bbd46b4146d848b3a718c4479fd4)

What a shocker

dtran04
03-29-2007, 02:10 PM
Bongo59 (http://forums.houstontexans.com/admincp/user.php?do=edit&u=4206) [/URL] [URL="http://forums.houstontexans.com/search.php?do=finduser&u=4206"][Find Posts by User] (http://forums.houstontexans.com/admincp/usertools.php?do=gethost&ip=199.91.34.33) [View Other IP Addresses for this User] (http://forums.houstontexans.com/admincp/usertools.php?do=doips&u=4206&hash=6380bbd46b4146d848b3a718c4479fd4)
TheRealX9 (http://forums.houstontexans.com/admincp/user.php?do=edit&u=8671) [Find Posts by User] (http://forums.houstontexans.com/search.php?do=finduser&u=8671) [View Other IP Addresses for this User] (http://forums.houstontexans.com/admincp/usertools.php?do=doips&u=8671&hash=6380bbd46b4146d848b3a718c4479fd4)
Titans309Fan (http://forums.houstontexans.com/admincp/user.php?do=edit&u=5205) [Find Posts by User] (http://forums.houstontexans.com/search.php?do=finduser&u=5205) [View Other IP Addresses for this User] (http://forums.houstontexans.com/admincp/usertools.php?do=doips&u=5205&hash=6380bbd46b4146d848b3a718c4479fd4)

LOL OWNED :elmo:

kastofsna
03-29-2007, 02:13 PM
i miss bongo.

Errant Hothy
03-29-2007, 02:13 PM

Interesting.

Errant Hothy
03-29-2007, 02:14 PM
i miss bongo.

Why? He's still here.

kastofsna
03-29-2007, 02:15 PM
well....i miss the demeanor of bongo and his amazing insight, more than anything.

Mr. White
03-29-2007, 02:16 PM

That's hilarious. I'm sure that there are plenty other posters with multiple usernames.

Mr. White
03-29-2007, 02:18 PM
well....i miss the demeanor of bongo and his amazing insight, more than anything.

I know what exactly you mean. When he says something, you better mark it down. He's like a message board sniper. Doesn't miss.

HOU-TEX
03-29-2007, 02:25 PM
I know what exactly you mean. When he says something, you better mark it down. He's like a message board sniper. Doesn't miss.

Yeah, just like Hulk75 and his vast football knowledge. :sarcasm:

DJ-AJ
03-29-2007, 02:27 PM
Im just proud that David Carr is FINALLY GONE!!! Schaub is gonna take this team to a new level!

David I hope you go to some team and do great-but it seems like you dont care about football. Hey if football dont work out u always got male modeling!:dance2:

Schaub Im excited about but i think we gave up to much...but when you think about it :confused: all those picks for schaub is worth it cause now there are no more excuses!!!:yahoo:

GO TEXANS!!!

Brandon420tx
03-29-2007, 02:37 PM
NFL Section (Or just kill it) ... I was expecting either a "we should sign this free agent" or we "have signed this free agent" post.

03-29-2007, 02:54 PM
i cant wait for the day david carr is nothing more than an afterthought. i dunno about you guys, but i moved on the second he was released.

TEXANS84
03-29-2007, 02:59 PM

Bongo, bongo, bongo...been caught so many times, and now finally exposed over here.

Priceless Vinny. Good work.

real
03-29-2007, 03:01 PM

Bongo59 (http://forums.houstontexans.com/admincp/user.php?do=edit&u=4206) [Find Posts by User] (http://forums.houstontexans.com/search.php?do=finduser&u=4206) [View Other IP Addresses for this User] (http://forums.houstontexans.com/admincp/usertools.php?do=doips&u=4206&hash=6380bbd46b4146d848b3a718c4479fd4)

Well that explains a lot...

How lame is that.....:loser

real
03-29-2007, 03:10 PM

Bongo59 (http://forums.houstontexans.com/admincp/user.php?do=edit&u=4206) [Find Posts by User] (http://forums.houstontexans.com/search.php?do=finduser&u=4206) [View Other IP Addresses for this User] (http://forums.houstontexans.com/admincp/usertools.php?do=doips&u=4206&hash=6380bbd46b4146d848b3a718c4479fd4)

Wow I just looked at some of those post, by "Bongo" and "TheRealX9", and I'm convinced this guy is a bonafide psycho....:crazy:

Exithios
03-29-2007, 03:13 PM
Wow I just looked at some of those post, by "Bongo" and "TheRealX9", and I'm convinced this guy is a bonafide psycho....

Lol, either a psycho or maybe, just maybe, bongo has a kid that is registered on the same comp.

The personality difference was just too uncanny.

Trenches
03-29-2007, 03:17 PM

hahaha.

I'd love to see that too. Our defense would set a team record for sacks! Half of those would be without touching the QB.

real
03-29-2007, 03:19 PM
Lol, either a psycho or maybe, just maybe, bongo has a kid that is registered on the same comp.

Well his kid needs some discipline in his life if that's the case....

But seriously....I thought maybe he just made the fake name to screw around once or twice, and ruffle some feathers....

Wow, was I wrong....

Double Barrel
03-29-2007, 03:53 PM

Actually, it would cost us more money against our cap if we traded him. We saved some money by just letting him go, especially since nobody was offering jack to take him off of our hands.

I think the market speaks volumes about what the NFL thinks of David Carr.

he has made his money

We are well aware of that little fact. Glad you said 'made' and not 'earned', too. :victory:

infantrycak
03-29-2007, 03:59 PM
Actually, it would cost us more money against our cap if we traded him. We saved some money by just letting him go, especially since nobody was offering jack to take him off of our hands.

Just to be ticky tacky, it didn't save any money against the cap, it delayed some of the cap hit. Release made him tax deferred not tax exempt.

Double Barrel
03-29-2007, 04:00 PM
Just to be ticky tacky, it didn't save any money against the cap, it delayed some of the cap hit. Release made him tax deferred not tax exempt.

I thought Lucky pointed out that we saved around $2 million against the cap by releasing instead of trading?

It's something I thought I remembered reading, so I'll try to dig it up.

NFLforher
03-29-2007, 04:01 PM
i cant wait for the day david carr is nothing more than an afterthought. i dunno about you guys, but i moved on the second he was released.

Lol..why are you posting on a thread called "David Carr?"

NFLforher
03-29-2007, 04:09 PM
[QUOTE=gpshafer_1976;646976][QUOTE=NFLforher;646538]

That would be a lot better than 457 of "us" getting another board so that we don't have to see you guys flirt back and forth with each other.QUOTE

I see that you respond to Hulks posts ...and even a PM once.

You like "flirting" too. Hmmm. :this:

ledzeppelin229
03-29-2007, 04:14 PM
Click on his names and you get a firsthand look at the Admin Control Panel Gateway. Now if I could just come up with Vinny, Khari or infantrycak's password and take over the board for my moment of triumphant glory (just prior to being eternally banned).

Double Barrel
03-29-2007, 04:16 PM
*Houston actually saves millions by ridding itself of Carr, switching two spots in the first round of the draft and surrendering its second-round pick this year.

Once Houston divorces Carr, the quarterback will count $2 million against the Texans' salary cap this season. But his $6.75 million base salary also will come off the Texans' books, meaning they will save $4.75 million against this year's salary cap.

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10078760

I'm trying to locate the source that said that we'd have to eat part of his salary if we traded him, but wouldn't if he was released. There is only a gazillion threads on Carr to go through to find it.

real
03-29-2007, 04:17 PM
Click on his names and you get a firsthand look at the Admin Control Panel Gateway. Now if I could just come up with Vinny, Khari or infantrycak's password and take over the board for my moment of triumphant glory (just prior to being eternally banned).

I'm liking the avatar..

ledzeppelin229
03-29-2007, 04:26 PM
I'm liking the avatar..

Thanks...I'm kind of torn because on one hand I made it for the comic value when I was responding to TAs post, but I think it has a nice look to it as well. I'm starting to feel an attachment to it.

GP
03-29-2007, 04:32 PM
Wow, I think you may have a crush on me bro, I dont go that way, sorry. I mean everytime I read your posts its about me, kind of weird.

You're the one who outed yourself as his brother.

You are the one who loves the attention.

So now you're getting it in spades, Darren.

"He's made his money, so don't be jealous..." eh?

I'm not jealous of David. Why? Because I'm not the guy who was the no. 1 pick and BUSTED. I'm jealous of Peyton Manning, a winner. That's a guy I'd like to be.

The love of money doesn't drive my life, Darren. But it obviously figures heavily in your family. If he's so concerned about his health and getting injured, why did he stay here for so long? And why doesn't he just "retire" and live well? I wouldn't blam ehim

Move on, Darren.

You're doing a terrible disservice to your brother's name around here by shooting your mouth off and playing the part of someone who picks fights for his brother.

I doubt that David's anything like you, which is probably a good thing.

You don't care about our team. It's all about David. We know it because you're proving it. Move on down the road hoss.

jdog
03-29-2007, 04:38 PM

I bet the password is Carr4ever.

:joker:

ledzeppelin229
03-29-2007, 04:39 PM
No one seems to be joining me in my covert mission to take over the message board. I agree it would be like Pirates trying to board the Titanic after it hit the iceberg, but its time for the proletariat to rise up against the Capitalist regime...you are all being exploited by the bourgeoisie (looked that one up) in an almost complete attempt for Vinny to take command of your souls for his voodoo mind tricks...

Rise up...but do my bidding while I watch...The leader of a revolution like this musn't be exposed...

Edit: I have one Comrade...jdog, begin at A, end at Z, and put every combination of letters known to man, through to infinity...great rewards await you...

I am bored as hell...

infantrycak
03-29-2007, 04:47 PM
I thought Lucky pointed out that we saved around $2 million against the cap by releasing instead of trading?

It's something I thought I remembered reading, so I'll try to dig it up.

That is considering this year's cap alone. Trading him would have meant $4 mil this year. Releasing him as a June 1st cut results in $2 mil in 2007 and $2 mil in 2008.

jdog
03-29-2007, 04:50 PM
No one seems to be joining me in my covert mission to take over the message board. I agree it would be like Pirates trying to board the Titanic after it hit the iceberg, but its time for the proletariat to rise up against the Capitalist regime...you are all being exploited by the bourgeoisie (looked that one up) in an almost complete attempt for Vinny to take command of your souls for his voodoo mind tricks...

Rise up...but do my bidding while I watch...The leader of a revolution like this musn't be exposed...

Edit: I have one Comrade...jdog, begin at A, end at Z, and put every combination of letters known to man, through to infinity...great rewards await you...

I am bored as hell...

I'm in! Vinny's password was IHEARTCARR. I'm resetting the rep levels of everyone. There will be equality for all. Oh, wait, I could have waited a day and avoided the abuse. Oh well, I'm enjoying Hulk75's PM inbox. There's several messages from David's agent asking him to stop PR'ing himself under alter-egos on the messageboard. On a similar note, it turns out that SWT and LUV are the same person.

Double Barrel
03-29-2007, 05:00 PM
That is considering this year's cap alone. Trading him would have meant $4 mil this year. Releasing him as a June 1st cut results in $2 mil in 2007 and $2 mil in 2008.

ahhhh, I gotcha'. That makes sense now. Thanks for the heads up. It just saved us some space on this year's cap, but will cost us on next year's. :ok:

Errant Hothy
03-29-2007, 05:05 PM

I am bored as hell...

What's a snub fighter (aka us) going to do against a thing like that (the Death Star aka Vinny)?

ledzeppelin229
03-29-2007, 05:12 PM
What's a snub fighter (aka us) going to do against a thing like that (the Death Star aka Vinny)?

Use the Force, Luke...

aka...Figure that **** out yourself because I don't have a clue

(I'm convinced thats what was really playing out in Yoda's head when he was "teaching" Luke Skywalker)

ledzeppelin229
03-29-2007, 05:13 PM
I'm in! Vinny's password was IHEARTCARR. I'm resetting the rep levels of everyone. There will be equality for all. Oh, wait, I could have waited a day and avoided the abuse. Oh well, I'm enjoying Hulk75's PM inbox. There's several messages from David's agent asking him to stop PR'ing himself under alter-egos on the messageboard. On a similar note, it turns out that SWT and LUV are the same person.

Do we have any confirmation yet on Vinny actually being David Carr's mother?

jdog
03-29-2007, 05:16 PM

I can't say. Someone has a deathgrip on my baby sack. I see where David gets the arm strength.

She's a ninja. A covert op special forces master of kung fu I tell you...help.

PapaL
03-29-2007, 05:16 PM

This the first I have heard of that.

NFLforher
03-29-2007, 08:24 PM

Ok, perhaps there are multiple posters at the same IP address?

NFLforher
03-29-2007, 08:30 PM
i'm not putting words in your mouth, i'm just using your logic.

I see that comprehension is not one of your strong points.

ReliantTexan
03-29-2007, 10:56 PM
I see that comprehension is not one of your strong points.And I see that a** kissing is one of yours.

rollinstone18
03-29-2007, 11:03 PM
I wonder if Detroit has shown any interest in Carr. That could be a good situation for him. Compete with and learn from Kitna, have a target in Roy Williams, and have Joe Thomas to protect his blind side. Plus he'd be playing in the NFC, for whatever that's worth.

NFLforher
03-29-2007, 11:17 PM
And I see that a** kissing is one of yours.

Lol... wanna see a** kissing? Go to the Texans board and watch people call Shaub the next Tom Brady.

:yikes:

BlackHeart
03-29-2007, 11:21 PM
Lol... wanna see a** kissing? Go to the Texans board and watch people call Shaub the next Tom Brady.

Oh no guys I hope its not going that far. I hate the Patriots but even I say that Tom Brady and Peyton Manning are the best in the business and can't be compared to anyone.

CarolinaTexan
03-29-2007, 11:29 PM
how is calling someone the next brady ass kissing? i'm not defending that, i just dont see who's ass they are kissing exactly.

NFLforher
03-29-2007, 11:30 PM
how is calling someone the next brady ass kissing? i'm not defending that, i just dont see who's ass they are kissing exactly.

Shaub's.

NFLforher
03-29-2007, 11:33 PM
Oh no guys I hope its not going that far. I hate the Patriots but even I say that Tom Brady and Peyton Manning are the best in the business and can't be compared to anyone.

http://forums.houstontexans.com/showthread.php?t=37567

Even Favre. How many games has Shaub played? And won?

ReliantTexan
03-29-2007, 11:34 PM

:yikes:Look dude that was uncalled for I shouldn't have posted that and was about to edit it then i saw that you already replied so sorry about that.

CarolinaTexan
03-29-2007, 11:40 PM
so saying someone is going to be great is kissing their ass. no one on here has met schaub or would have a reason to kiss his ass, they probobly are just excited or just flat out think he looks good. i think calvin johnson will be great am i kissing his ass?

NFLforher
03-29-2007, 11:41 PM
Look dude that was uncalled for I shouldn't have posted that and was about to edit it then i saw that you already replied so sorry about that.

Ok, no problem.

It would be boring if we all shared the same opinions.

NFLforher
03-29-2007, 11:42 PM
so saying someone is going to be great is kissing their ass. no one on here has met schaub or would have a reason to kiss his ass, they probobly are just excited or just flat out think he looks good. i think calvin johnson will be great am i kissing his ass?

Not at all. I think CJ is going to be great but you won't hear me saying he's the next Rice...now that's kissing. :)

CarolinaTexan
03-29-2007, 11:46 PM
Not at all. I think CJ is going to be great but you won't hear me saying he's the next Rice...now that's kissing. :)

haha word

NFLforher
03-29-2007, 11:47 PM
haha word

:woot2 :highfive:

Hulk75
03-30-2007, 11:34 AM
You're the one who outed yourself as his brother.

You are the one who loves the attention.

So now you're getting it in spades, Darren.

"He's made his money, so don't be jealous..." eh?

I'm not jealous of David. Why? Because I'm not the guy who was the no. 1 pick and BUSTED. I'm jealous of Peyton Manning, a winner. That's a guy I'd like to be.

The love of money doesn't drive my life, Darren. But it obviously figures heavily in your family. If he's so concerned about his health and getting injured, why did he stay here for so long? And why doesn't he just "retire" and live well? I wouldn't blam ehim

Move on, Darren.

You're doing a terrible disservice to your brother's name around here by shooting your mouth off and playing the part of someone who picks fights for his brother.

I doubt that David's anything like you, which is probably a good thing.

You don't care about our team. It's all about David. We know it because you're proving it. Move on down the road hoss.
I think your pretty wise dont you. All we think about is money, where were you with those coments when my father would be at work untill 11 at night. Or when my father would be gone all day picking up trash on the street when we were younger. How about us sharing coats and eating Spagiti O's. My father worked hard and so did my brother for what we have now and was not money that drove them, and the lord blessed us with what David has, and we thank him everyday. And if you think he is a bust just wait we will see you guys sometime down the road, we will see.

Why did he stay here so long? Because he does not quit on anything. You of all people should know something about plans God has for you. When he says stay you stay, when he says go you go, you NEVER force your way into something that is not right in your soul, but I am sure you knew that. Moss and guys like TO force themselves into possitions and go from team to team never getting what they want, another reason he "stayed" is because THEY gave him and extention, he is true to the contract he signed when he was a Rookie.

You know what I will hjust end this and never type about you again, I am just going to pray for you, The Lord says pray for your enemies.

I think your a great guy and wish we could have meet, I think your a great family guy that probably does everything you can for your family to make it and support them. If you have kids, I am sure your a great father. I am sure you are a great christian and are the guy everyone goes to when they have trouble with something, your a great guy and I will think nothing of good thoughts about you.

No harm no body. I am just going to pray for you, cause thes are just words, God sees mans hearts and knows the truth about everyone of us, and he sees the dark places in peoples hearts.
See you later buddy, all the best to the Texans next year.:)

Second Honeymoon
03-30-2007, 12:08 PM
I think your pretty wise dont you. All we think about is money, where were you with those coments when my father would be at work untill 11 at night. Or when my father would be gone all day picking up trash on the street when we were younger. How about us sharing coats and eating Spagiti O's. My father worked hard and so did my brother for what we have now and was not money that drove them, and the lord blessed us with what David has, and we thank him everyday. And if you think he is a bust just wait we will see you guys sometime down the road, we will see.

Why did he stay here so long? Because he does not quit on anything. You of all people should know something about plans God has for you. When he says stay you stay, when he says go you go, you NEVER force your way into something that is not right in your soul, but I am sure you knew that. Moss and guys like TO force themselves into possitions and go from team to team never getting what they want, another reason he "stayed" is because THEY gave him and extention, he is true to the contract he signed when he was a Rookie.

You know what I will hjust end this and never type about you again, I am just going to pray for you, The Lord says pray for your enemies.

I think your a great guy and wish we could have meet, I think your a great family guy that probably does everything you can for your family to make it and support them. If you have kids, I am sure your a great father. I am sure you are a great christian and are the guy everyone goes to when they have trouble with something, your a great guy and I will think nothing of good thoughts about you.

No harm no body. I am just going to pray for you, cause thes are just words, God sees mans hearts and knows the truth about everyone of us, and he sees the dark places in peoples hearts.
See you later buddy, all the best to the Texans next year.:)

translation: im a self righteous gravy trainer

how is the David Carr World Unemployment Tour 2007 going? yeah, thought so.....have fun in the CFL...and dont stop gravy training off your brother

Second Honeymoon
03-30-2007, 12:12 PM

whatever, you got called out as a big a** kisser and you cant deny it. this forum is your internet shrine to Carr and you probably have a picture of DC over your bead for those lonely California nights...congrats

your takes have always been lame and totally biased

Texan_Bill
03-30-2007, 01:09 PM
translation: im a self righteous gravy trainer

how is the David Carr World Unemployment Tour 2007 going? yeah, thought so.....have fun in the CFL...and dont stop gravy training off your brother

lol...I wouldn't sweat being un-employed with that kind of jack in the bank...

HuttoKarl
03-30-2007, 01:24 PM
lol...I wouldn't sweat being un-employed with that kind of jack in the bank...

No kidding. I don't know if Carr could spend all the money he has if he tried.

TexansSeminole
03-30-2007, 01:32 PM
IOr when my father would be gone all day picking up trash on the street when we were younger. How about us sharing coats and eating Spagiti O's.

Was picking up trash his job? I am being serious...because if it was I understand...but if he was doing it for any other reason he was wasting his time.

Also I used to beg for "Spagiti-O's"...don't make it sound like it's bad food.