PDA

View Full Version : Eagles trade DT Walker for Bills LB Spikes

PapaL
03-26-2007, 09:16 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2813818

PHOENIX -- In a deal that addresses Philadelphia's offseason priority for adding a playmaking linebacker, the Eagles acquired veteran Takeo Spikes from the Buffalo Bills on Monday night.

The Eagles also acquired veteran backup quarterback Kelly Holcomb as part of the trade package. In exchange, Buffalo received seven-year veteran defensive tackle Darwin Walker, who had become extraneous in Philadelphia because of the team's depth, and an undisclosed draft choice, believed to be a late-round pick.

The trade was first reported by ESPN.com.

Texans34Life
03-26-2007, 09:19 PM
Philly got the better end of the deal...

jgl35
03-26-2007, 10:10 PM
Don't know if you know this or not, but the Eagles signed DT Montae Reagor from the Colts last week. Made Walker expendable.

Trap_Star
03-26-2007, 10:19 PM
I think this means Buffalo goes LB in the 1st....They let Fletcher go, then they trade away Spikes...Patrick Willis??...

aproberts03
03-26-2007, 10:26 PM
eagles got the better end of the deal as long as spikes is recovered from his injuries last season

kastofsna
03-26-2007, 10:29 PM
i believe spikes pretty much demanded the trade, so whatever the bills got in return is good.

dirty steve
03-26-2007, 10:38 PM
willis makes sense, but don't they another back since they traded away the other willis, the whining one named mcgahee?

shanden
03-26-2007, 10:57 PM
1st round is going to be tough for Buffalo.

They need RB and LB in a bad way. I wonder if they try for Bush and try to get their LB in the 1st.
If Lynch is there how do they not take him.

TexanAddict
03-27-2007, 11:15 AM
Let's see...so far the Bills have lost 2 starting LBs, their #1 CB, their starting RB, and if I'm not mistaken a starter on the OL. They've added some OL in FA, but that still seems to be creating more holes than it fills.

Blake
03-27-2007, 03:03 PM
I think the Bills would have to trade up for Willis. I think the 49ers could easily take Willis at 11.

El Tejano
03-27-2007, 04:12 PM
Word out on the streets from a few of my Buffalo fan friends is that Buffalo may indeed be a team that would like to swap picks with us to pick Marshawn Lynch or Peterson if he falls to us.

shanden
03-27-2007, 06:06 PM
That trade makes sense to get Lynch...the problem is that Buffalo has a lot of holes to fill with this draft, and might not like to spend a 2nd rounder to address them.

If they don't get Lynch, what odds they draft Bush later and get LB or CB with their first pick?

aproberts03
03-27-2007, 06:14 PM
the bills are going to have a rough season..they are completely re-doing the defense

Texan_Aggie222
03-27-2007, 10:27 PM
I can't understand whats going on in Buffalo this offseaon.......It seems like everyone is on Marv Levy's hot seat. This season showed so much promise to the Bills and now they are blowing their whole rooster up. No more McGahee, Fletcher, Clements and now Spikes? To me it just makes no since.

Even Taeko Spikes said today on the Hotlist he didn't know what is going on in Buffalo other than Marv Levy wants a "youth movement" and that everything was fine between him and the front office before the trade.

Reminds me of the offseason the Texans had the year after they went 7-9. Sharper is released along with Glenn, stupid trades and signings are made and all of a sudden after a promising season you have a 2-14 team.