PDA

View Full Version : HUGE trade just went down, allegedly

kastofsna
03-26-2007, 10:14 PM
Chicago trades Lance Briggs and their 1st round pick to the Redskins for the 6th pick in the draft.

can't believe i can't find this anywhere, heard it on FOX Sports Radio a minute ago.

the bears now own the #6 pick in the draft....wow! unfair!

mexican_texan
03-26-2007, 10:15 PM
wow.

Rightnow
03-26-2007, 10:16 PM
Brady Quinn?

Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
03-26-2007, 10:17 PM
great that all i'm gone a hear about at work tomarrow, I might just call in sick.

kastofsna
03-26-2007, 10:20 PM
Brady Quinn?
very well could be.

Texans34Life
03-26-2007, 10:20 PM
Holy crap.... :yikes:

Looks like Briggs might play WLB. Teaming up w/ London Fletcher...damn.

I guess they're not looking anymore for defensive help.

Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
03-26-2007, 10:21 PM
Brady Quinn?
You just hit the nail on the head now does he drop to six?

AtheGreat
03-26-2007, 10:25 PM
oh man, there goes everyones "new" mock drafts. oh well, more to look at!!!

kastofsna
03-26-2007, 10:26 PM
safety is another possibility there at #6.

JCTexan
03-26-2007, 10:28 PM
Trade down alittle and get Patrick Willis perhaps? Since they just traded Briggs.

AtheGreat
03-26-2007, 10:30 PM
omgz!!1! the possiblities!

big puma
03-26-2007, 10:30 PM
anyone have a link by any chance?

Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
03-26-2007, 10:31 PM
just went to the redskins website and nothing on it yet.

Mr. White
03-26-2007, 10:31 PM
I should have known that the Redskins might be a place for Briggs to end up at. They don't have any problem mortgaging their future to stockpile Pro Bowlers.

The Pencil Neck
03-26-2007, 10:32 PM
http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10033511

EDIT: That's not confirmation, though.

Mr. White
03-26-2007, 10:33 PM
If it were a Texans trade, then it would have been agreed tonight and leaked to the media. Then they would wait until next week to announce it. After they issue and then retract a press release.

ledzeppelin229
03-26-2007, 10:33 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=2438&line=91230&spln=1

Found various links of discussion..none saying its a done deal though.

kastofsna
03-26-2007, 10:34 PM
hmm just read on PFT that it's merely a possibility, but there's no doubt what i heard on the radio. "breaking news, the bears sign disgruntled linebacker Lance Briggs to the Washington Redskins for an exchange of first round picks."

big puma
03-26-2007, 10:34 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6613558

here is a little more on it

Ole Miss Texan
03-26-2007, 10:35 PM
Wow the Bears would be my 2nd favorite team if they drafted Patrick Willis.. Laron Landry would be nuts there too or nelson wow..

Brady Quinn or Jamarcus Russell....man this is exciting!!

Ole Miss Texan
03-26-2007, 10:36 PM
According to the "chart" That means Lance Briggs was equivalent to the 16th overall pick. just FYI

Rightnow
03-26-2007, 10:39 PM
The only reason to trade that high is to get a franchise running back or QB. I bet they are hoping for Quinn.

TwinSisters
03-26-2007, 10:40 PM
wow.

damn.

I just said that... double wow.

Dr. Toro
03-26-2007, 10:41 PM
Seems like a bad deal for Washington. Plenty of good guys to grab at #31, but at #6 you're sitting in a great position come draft day for a trade down. Briggs hits the cap too. They don't like Anderson or Adams?

JCTexan
03-26-2007, 10:43 PM
Seems like a bad deal for Washington. Plenty of good guys to grab at #31, but at #6 you're sitting in a great position come draft day for a trade down. Briggs hits the cap too. They don't like Anderson or Adams?

Could be a good thing for us though. Anderson or Adams could possibly slip to #10 now. :yahoo:

Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
03-26-2007, 10:46 PM
Gaines Adams has been all the talk around here for weeks now, going to be some UPSET redskins fan, then they did pick up a probowl LB. But fans around here are tired of no draft picks one reason they feel the team was so bad this year was because of all the FA pickups but no draft picks.

Ole Miss Texan
03-26-2007, 10:46 PM
I would have traded our 10 for briggs and their 31!!!! and then we could take Kalil with their pick. oh well.

shanden
03-27-2007, 12:05 AM
Wow. I would have to say Chicago had to get the better end of this deal at the moment. I would rather deal with a hard working excited rookie then a disgruntled one that might do any number of things to avoid helping the team.

Well this is going to change some mocks around.

I bet Bears fans are screaming for a QB to be picked. Question is...should they, or is that just the emotional choice?

kastofsna
03-27-2007, 12:07 AM
i'm thinking with Tank Johnson's troubles, they'd be free to snag Amobi Okoye with that 6th pick. harris and okoye as your two interior DT's?? unfair.

Bubbajwp
03-27-2007, 12:11 AM
i'm thinking with Tank Johnson's troubles, they'd be free to snag Amobi Okoye with that 6th pick. harris and okoye as your two interior DT's?? unfair.
Oh crap.

Thats scary.

trutxn
03-27-2007, 12:16 AM
Chicago trades Lance Briggs and their 1st round pick to the Redskins for the 6th pick in the draft.

can't believe i can't find this anywhere, heard it on FOX Sports Radio a minute ago.

Quinn, AD, or defense, what to do? I hope they don't touch Okoye!

ledzeppelin229
03-27-2007, 12:22 AM

I was wondering about replacing Tank. What if they were able to get Timmons at 31 to replace Briggs? Would they really go defense twice in the first?

Ole Miss Texan
03-27-2007, 12:24 AM
I was wondering about replacing Tank. What if they were able to get Timmons at 31 to replace Briggs? Would they really go defense twice in the first?

i think the trade would include their 31st w/ briggs for the 6th. maybe they'd want patrick willis?

trutxn
03-27-2007, 12:26 AM
Wow. I would have to say Chicago had to get the better end of this deal at the moment. I would rather deal with a hard working excited rookie then a disgruntled one that might do any number of things to avoid helping the team.

Well this is going to change some mocks around.

I bet Bears fans are screaming for a QB to be picked. Question is...should they, or is that just the emotional choice?

They should use Carr and VY as an example of emotion. Emotion can't get in the way of business, ask McNair and us Texan fans. Chicago should learn from our mistakes, trade Grossman while he still has some value as a Super Bowl QB. We would have gotten at least one pick for Carr last year, now we had to cut him. Quinn could match Grossman's #s as a rookie, if not surpass them.

Does anyone think the Raiders would be interested in Grossman and the 6th? Russel could fit in a Bears uniform for sure.

shanden
03-27-2007, 12:29 AM
As frightening as them choosing Okoye would be can you imagine the record prozac and rolaids sales there will be if they did pick him and Bears fans realize they are stuck on the Grossman roller coaster after visions of touchdown jesus in their dreams for weeks.

ha ha

trutxn
03-27-2007, 12:38 AM

Until Benson they have focused on defense in the first round and their offense has suffered. Their D-line is their strength and LBs are deep in this years draft. They have one unproven RB, a good deep threat, and an aging Muhsin Muhammed. Don't be surprised if they go after an offensive play maker with the 6th.

JCTexan
03-27-2007, 12:40 AM
Does anyone think the Raiders would be interested in Grossman and the 6th? Russel could fit in a Bears uniform for sure.

No, I don't think the Raiders would even listen to that unless the bears throw in their second and possibly even their third (since their second is so late).

Second Honeymoon
03-27-2007, 01:10 AM

simply wow. are the bears gambling that Quinn will be there or are they just trying to get value out of Briggs while they can....or both.

that is a great trade for the Bears. you get rid of a guy who is unhappy and move up like 25 spots...not too bad at all

oh and are the skins immune from the salary cap? just wondering

Second Honeymoon
03-27-2007, 01:15 AM
They should use Carr and VY as an example of emotion. Emotion can't get in the way of business, ask McNair and us Texan fans. Chicago should learn from our mistakes, trade Grossman while he still has some value as a Super Bowl QB. We would have gotten at least one pick for Carr last year, now we had to cut him. Quinn could match Grossman's #s as a rookie, if not surpass them.

no. i actually think the Bears are going to give another season to Grossman and would use their early pick to snatch up a playmaker. I think Grossman earned another year by reaching the Super Bowl in pretty much his first year as a starter. Is he rough around the edges? sure, but if you add a playmaker like AP, CJ, or Landry then it would just be insane.

awtysst
03-27-2007, 01:22 AM

What about Ogunleye?

Marcus
03-27-2007, 01:23 AM
If I was Redskin fan, I'd be pissed as hell.

The fans in Chicago don't think any more of Rex Grossman, than we did of David Carr.

This has Brady Quinn all over it.

LORK 88
03-27-2007, 01:29 AM
Why am I not suprised the Redskins traded yet another draft pick . . .

ledzeppelin229
03-27-2007, 01:34 AM
i think the trade would include their 31st w/ briggs for the 6th. maybe they'd want patrick willis?

I knew something wasn't processing correctly in my brain, but apparently didn't put it together in time.

snailplow
03-27-2007, 05:21 AM
A better idea would be for the 'Skins to trade their #6 pick for the Raiders #1 pick, and Washington sending us QB Jason Campbell, and 2008 draft picks for the swap.(They never keep 'em anyway.)
Daniel Snyder was losing his frigg'in mind over Jamarcus Russell at L.S.U.'s pro day, so aquiring the #1 pick via this trade would let him land J.R. as his QB of the future.

shanden
03-27-2007, 07:02 PM
Well if da Bears are willing to trade Briggs to get to #6....What about then trading Grossman and #6 to either the Raiders or Detroit to get Quinn. This assumes they think Quinn will not drop to #6.

aproberts03
03-27-2007, 07:22 PM
briggs won't be as good as people think he will cause he won't be playing next to a leader like urlacker...dan synder is know for giving up a lot for players then them not contribute...they haven't done anything in the past few seasons cause they can't get any unity in the team..they just try to build it with pro-bowlers and so far it hasn't worked

Ole Miss Texan
03-27-2007, 07:45 PM
Well if da Bears are willing to trade Briggs to get to #6....What about then trading Grossman and #6 to either the Raiders or Detroit to get Quinn. This assumes they think Quinn will not drop to #6.

That's an interesting idea, but we'll have to get creative.

#31 (600 pts) and Briggs trade to Washington for #6 (1600 pts). That means briggs was worth roughly 1000 pts to washington.

so we need to get from #6 (1600 pts) to #2 (2600 pts). [oakland needs to take russell, quinn, johnson, or thomas...if they trade down..all will prob. be gone by 6, the reason they'd trade for grossman was to draft CJ but they wouldn't be able to...jmo]

So to get to detroit, chicago would need to give up roughly 1000 pts. now, i don't think grossman and briggs are equivalent in talent or 'trade bait'. i'd rather have briggs. but that doesn't mean detroit wouldn't do it...they may value Grossman that highly. I don't see chicago being able to get anyhigher than they are now unless they give up more picks...i dont think any team would value grossman too much.

Can you imagine if Chicago went from 2nd from last...to 2nd!! wow!

Navy_Chris
03-27-2007, 07:59 PM

Just heard Drew Rosenhaus on ESPN earning his money by saying he thinks Greg Olsen will go #6 to the Bears. I can't believe that.

shanden
03-27-2007, 08:16 PM
Oh how about this one...while crazy Bears trades are being discussed.

Chicago switch #6 and Grossman for #4 and either Simms or Plummer or one other player with Tampa Bay (scary thing is Plummer is probably an improvement over Grossmen if he leaves retirement).

I like trading to Detroit better since both teams get starting QBs and Detroit still gets a pretty good 1st round pick, as far as a double dip Bears trade up pick.

Could the Bears possibly be targeting anyone other then QB by moving so high up. They have to be targetting a specific player.