PDA

View Full Version : Miami Herald: Lions In Trade Discussions With Green

Exithios
03-26-2007, 03:24 PM
http://www.miamiherald.com/616/story/53431.html

gtexan02
03-26-2007, 03:45 PM
And now we see how GMs get value for their players:

Peterson continued to make his case about Green's trade value.

''This is not an every-day football player,'' Peterson said Monday, a day after expressing similar sentiments to The Miami Herald. ``This is a talented guy who we're not even 100 percent sure we want to say goodbye to.''
(Chiefs are asking for a 2, which means they'll probably take a 3 or 4 or 5)

Marcus
03-26-2007, 03:52 PM
''This is not an every-day football player,'' Peterson said Monday, a day after expressing similar sentiments to The Miami Herald. ``This is a talented guy who we're not even 100 percent sure we want to say goodbye to.''

Oh yeah . . . that's fits David Carr to a T, huh?

lol: Gimme a break.

autch14
03-26-2007, 04:04 PM
i hope the lions get green so that way miami will get carr and it would be cool to see him come back to reliant and play us.

El Tejano
03-26-2007, 04:26 PM
I think this means Carr is headed there. Just MO!

kastofsna
03-26-2007, 05:20 PM
good. take him. a 2nd for green is so absurdly ridiculous.

NEROtheZERO
03-26-2007, 06:47 PM
And now we see how GMs get value for their players:

Peterson continued to make his case about Green's trade value.

There's a fundamental difference in getting value out of a player who has value and getting value out of a player who doesn't have value.

Koolaid Time
03-26-2007, 07:02 PM
There's a fundamental difference in getting value out of a player who has value and getting value out of a player who doesn't have value.

What is a 2 worth, compaired to Carr's salary of $5 million +?

Texan_Aggie222
03-26-2007, 08:45 PM
I think they got this story mixed up........from what I hear Detriot is more interested in the Miami QB Duante Culpepper.

kastofsna
03-26-2007, 09:27 PM
I think they got this story mixed up........from what I hear Detriot is more interested in the Miami QB Duante Culpepper.
no, that's not true. martz said some pretty disparaging comments against culpepper earlier this year, it's pretty clear he doesn't think he'll be a good fit at ALL in detroit.

aquafin
03-26-2007, 09:45 PM
The Lions can have Culpepper. We'll take our chances with Cleo Lemon as starter, and David Carr as backup. I wouldn't give up a 2nd round pick for Trent Green, and I don't think Culpepper is worth 50 million over 5 years.

Cleo has played well for us when he was in there. Plus we can draft a QB with one of our 9 picks in this draft. There are a few good ones other than Quinn and Russell.

What is more, there still could be some huge trades that come about before the draft. Miami has some good picks that they could use for a trade(number 9 in first round). They might have something planned. They have been holding kicker Olinde Mare hostage for some odd reason, even though we already signed That kicker Feely. so don't ya think that's odd? maybe they want to use Mare in some kind of package deal...or maybe they just want a late round draft pick for him?? But Cameron already stated that everything he does starts with the QB. he thinks that is the most important position on the field. So if we make a trade, it will be for a QB...or we will draft one. I wouldn't mind getting Aaron Rodgers from Green Bay in a trade.

kastofsna
03-26-2007, 09:48 PM
lemon starting with carr as my chief backup. yucko. can't feel good there.