PDA

View Full Version : Pats' Maroney has Shoulder Injury

kastofsna
03-26-2007, 12:52 PM
PHOENIX - Patriots running back Laurence Maroney had offseason shoulder surgery that revealed “fairly significant damage,” according to a league source, though the long-term impact is unclear.

Maroney felt shoulder pain down the stretch and in the playoffs that limited his ability to absorb contact. He underwent exploratory surgery that revealed more damage than anticipated, and corrective surgery was performed.

The exact nature of his injury is unclear, though it was enough to land Maroney in a sling. Team spokesman Stacey James could not confirm last night if Maroney is taking part in the team’s offseason conditioning program.

The surgery is just the latest physical setback for the running back, who also suffered torn rib cartilage and a minor knee sprain during the season. With veteran Corey Dillon cut at the start of free agency, Maroney will enter the season as the lead back.

infantrycak
03-26-2007, 01:05 PM
Link or it will be gone.

Silver Oak
03-26-2007, 01:10 PM
even more reason for them to trade their two first round picks for our #10. with Dillon retired they need a guy like Lynch to spell Maroney.

jlam
03-26-2007, 01:14 PM
Here's the link so that it won't be removed.

http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=190898&srvc=sports

kastofsna
03-26-2007, 01:30 PM
Link or it will be gone.
i fail to understand this policy.

edo783
03-26-2007, 01:36 PM

Mostly I think it is to prevent bogus reports being posted as fact.

infantrycak
03-26-2007, 01:49 PM

What edo said, plus it is a copyrighted material issue.

kastofsna
03-26-2007, 01:50 PM
well, i understand the want for citing sources (i pretty much always do in any news thread i create), but deleting it seems drastic. something i've seen mods do on other boards is change the title to sya something like "RUMOR: Pat's Maroney..."

infantrycak
03-26-2007, 02:03 PM
well, i understand the want for citing sources (i pretty much always do in any news thread i create), but deleting it seems drastic. something i've seen mods do on other boards is change the title to sya something like "RUMOR: Pat's Maroney..."

It's right there in the terms of use:

Unauthorized copyrighted material.

Putting rumor in front of a cut and paste doesn't make it not copyrighted material.

kastofsna
03-26-2007, 02:11 PM
that's true.

Specnatz
03-26-2007, 03:16 PM
If you just heard it on the radio .. how would you have a link?

infantrycak
03-26-2007, 03:43 PM
If you just heard it on the radio .. how would you have a link?

We don't require links for reports heard on the radio, only for cut and pasted portions of articles, i.e. copyrighted material.