PDA

View Full Version : Getting alittle old....

DontTreadOnMe
03-26-2007, 11:46 AM
The media that is.... i feel like the national media has no true grasp on the texans..... when analyzing our trade, the typical and reoccuring theme is "schaub wont do any better than carr with that o-line".. ummmm that is not the case... for instance... carr was sacked 68 times in 2005 (ranked 32) compared to 43 times in 2006 (tied for 23)... furthermore, we had an improvement of 25 sacks in just one season under our new staff.. AND, this was the 2nd fewest sacks we have given up in a season in franchise history. The fewest came in 2003, when we gave up 36 sacks. Coincidentally, that was the season carr played in only 12 games. I do not live in houston, but i have watched close to every texans game since conception,... and i think alot of the sacks given up are on carr. Geez, i remember when sage came in the tennessee game last season, and he tore it up... moving around the pocket with ease, throwing passes that hit receivers IN STRIDE... i believe that is one of carr's biggest problems, he cannot hit a receiver in stride, not because of his oline, but because he is not a good qb. i cannot begin to comprehend how many times when it was late in a close game and carr would fumble a snap on 2nd down, and then get the ball batted down at the line on 3rd down (or throw a 4 yard pass when we needed 12 yards). i truly hope carr finds his comfort zone with another team and proves to be a good qb, but realistically thinking.... that will not happen.

Sorry to get off the point, im just disheartened when i constantly hear these so called "experts" continue to bash our oline, when i think it was OK last season.

Welcome to Htown schaub,... we are a city with some of the best food, fans, and women. you will love it here,.... dont worry about the oline, it will be respectable and now we have one of the best blocking rb's in green. LETS DO THIS BABY!!!!!!!!!

Spike
03-26-2007, 12:42 PM
Since last year's draft, it has been tough to be a Texans fan and listen to the national media. Granted, a lot of their criticism was correct and, as a result, every move that this franchise makes (especially a risky move - like Schaub) is going to be questioned until some of these moves start working out in our favor and we start winning some games. I do find it funny that before Carr was cut he was clearly the problem, but as soon as he was released it was the Texans that had done him wrong. The truth is probably somewhere in between, but I still haven't heard anyone say that letting Carr go was a mistake.

With regard to the sacks, I actually heard some good things on the radio (NFL Network). The opinion of the two commentators was that David could not get through his progressions and him not getting the ball off in time on a three or five step drop was a big reason for the sacks. It will be interesting to see how the line performs this year with a new QB at the helm. Even if Carr had stayed, I think the line play will get better because Winston will have year under his belt and we have another quality back-up.

Mycco
03-26-2007, 12:55 PM
Word around the campfire the past 2 years was that the o-line didn't really respect Carr. If your sopposed to be the team leader, but nobody respects your, how do you expect anyone to follow you?

pv1999
03-26-2007, 01:00 PM
The media is the media but sometimes they get it right.
As an organization, the Texans mishandled the best QB in the '02 draft. Nobody can argue that point. In the era of offensive "triplets" i.e. QB, RB, WR...we have gone to battle with twins. Again if Dave was so bad then how did Andre make the ProBowl? That being said, Dave was a big part of the problem in that he kept his mouth shut and wasn't a-hole enough to get the last regime to get him some tools. This regime liked DC ($8 million bonus last year) and would have kept him if they thought that the fans would give him a chance. This is a class organization for letting him go as many (like Denver did with Plummer) would have let him sweat.

Go Texans.

ThaShark316
03-26-2007, 01:04 PM
The media that is.... i feel like the national media has no true grasp on the texans..... when analyzing our trade, the typical and reoccuring theme is "schaub wont do any better than carr with that o-line".. ummmm that is not the case... for instance... carr was sacked 68 times in 2005 (ranked 32) compared to 43 times in 2006 (tied for 23)... furthermore, we had an improvement of 25 sacks in just one season under our new staff.. AND, this was the 2nd fewest sacks we have given up in a season in franchise history. The fewest came in 2003, when we gave up 43 sacks. Coincidentally, that was the season carr played in only 12 games. I do not live in houston, but i have watched close to every texans game since conception,... and i think alot of the sacks given up are on carr. Geez, i remember when sage came in the tennessee game last season, and he tore it up... moving around the pocket with ease, throwing passes that hit receivers IN STRIDE... i believe that is one of carr's biggest problems, he cannot hit a receiver in stride, not because of his oline, but because he is not a good qb. i cannot begin to comprehend how many times when it was late in a close game and carr would fumble a snap on 2nd down, and then get the ball batted down at the line on 3rd down (or throw a 4 yard pass when we needed 12 yards). i truly hope carr finds his comfort zone with another team and proves to be a good qb, but realistically thinking.... that will not happen.

Sorry to get off the point, im just disheartened when i constantly hear these so called "experts" continue to bash our oline, when i think it was OK last season.

Welcome to Htown schuab,... we are a city with some of the best food, fans, and women. you will love it here,.... dont worry about the oline, it will be respectable and now we have one of the best blocking rb's in green. LETS DO THIS BABY!!!!!!!!!

What did I say a week ago? Next person misspelled Schaub's name...was getting stabbed....*grabs knife....* lol...nah good post man.

HoustonFrog
03-26-2007, 01:23 PM
In an overblown media day and age people think they can make a true analysis by watching highlights and quick views of games. Unless you ar ea fan or a person who really keys into the Texans games, there is no way to know what is going on. The o-line thing is just something that has been trudged out so many times it has become almost "fact" to them.

bigbrewster2000
03-26-2007, 02:03 PM
The media is the media but sometimes they get it right.
As an organization, the Texans mishandled the best QB in the '02 draft. Nobody can argue that point. In the era of offensive "triplets" i.e. QB, RB, WR...we have gone to battle with twins. Again if Dave was so bad then how did Andre make the ProBowl? That being said, Dave was a big part of the problem in that he kept his mouth shut and wasn't a-hole enough to get the last regime to get him some tools. This regime liked DC ($8 million bonus last year) and would have kept him if they thought that the fans would give him a chance. This is a class organization for letting him go as many (like Denver did with Plummer) would have let him sweat.

Go Texans.

This argument about Carr to AJ is flawed. Here is an example, Reggie Ball QB for Ga Tech is a terrible Qb. Yet Calvin Johnson put up great numbers to include 15 Td catches. David Carr has likely made AJ only look good instead of All World, in other words AJ made the Pro Bowl in spite of Carr not because of him.

MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
03-26-2007, 02:13 PM
Until this team, makes the playoffs, the media will continue to bash the Texans and us die hard fans, just due to last years draft of a lifetime, that only comes around once with so much talent.....Time will tell if this all pans out for the Texans, and Bob Mcnair, I am sure it has been hard on the organization to continue to take a daily beating from the Media on last years draft.......Thankfully I have this message board to come to as a safe haven to share with true Texans fans..........:redtowel:

El Tejano
03-26-2007, 02:14 PM
The way I see it is, a QB that starts off throwing 10 TD and 1 Int, should not end the season throwing 1TD and 10 Ints.

DontTreadOnMe
03-26-2007, 02:15 PM
This argument about Carr to AJ is flawed. Here is an example, Reggie Ball QB for Ga Tech is a terrible Qb. Yet Calvin Johnson put up great numbers to include 15 Td catches. David Carr has likely made AJ only look good instead of All World, in other words AJ made the Pro Bowl in spite of Carr not because of him.

just what i was thinking.... well said!

afcman
03-26-2007, 02:21 PM
Read my sig below. :)
I
I
I
I
\/

bigbrewster2000
03-26-2007, 03:16 PM
Read my sig below. :)