PDA

View Full Version : Ouch!FT Worth talking about Cowboys draft

Wolf
03-25-2007, 01:53 PM
http://www.topix.net/content/kri/2393033525215221700300507023890360027300
IRVING -- The Texans have draft problems that make Al Davis and his Raiders look well-managed.

So it seems somewhat gauche to question Owner Jones on any off-season decisions in light of recent developments in Houston. The Texans are the standard bearer of stupidity, passing up on Houston native and national championship-winning Longhorns QB Vince Young in the draft because they were committed to David Carr. Until they cut Carr on Friday, less than 11 months later.

They also passed on Reggie Bush for fear he had baggage, forgetting the NFL is like an airport. Everybody is carrying on something.

What Owner Jones has screwed up, on his worst day, pales in comparison. The Texans have made a strong push in the last year for 'Worst NFL Franchise' status.

So whatever you think of Owner Jones hiring Wade Phillips (I liked it) or GM Jerry signing Leonard Davis to a big-money deal (Isn't he supposed to be lazy?), everybody has to be thinking 'Better him than those Texans idiots pulling the trigger.'

But there is a cautionary tale in what has transpired in Houston.

Of course, the Cowboys will probably draft a defensive front seven guy. They always do. But I shouldn't complain. It could be worse. The Texans' brain trust could be making the decision.
And the last thing the Cowboys need is this year's Mario Williams.

Trap_Star
03-25-2007, 01:55 PM
F the cowgirls...

gg no re
03-25-2007, 02:02 PM
19-10

nunusguy
03-25-2007, 02:11 PM
"The Texans are the standard bearer of stupidity, passing up on Houston native and national championship-winning Longhorns QB Vince Young in the draft because they were committed to David Carr. Until they cut Carr on Friday, less than 11 months later."
Like Cosell used to say, they're just telling it like it is.

TEXANRED
03-25-2007, 02:28 PM
At the bottom of the page you can post a comment.

HJam72
03-25-2007, 02:28 PM
We took the best defensive player in the draft IN THE 2ND ROUND, but we'll be stupid until we win. That's OK, because my theory is, "Humans are stupid," and I'm stickin' with it.

Hottoddie
03-25-2007, 03:47 PM
My question is, why do our own posters post this drivel on our board?:confused:

TwinSisters
03-25-2007, 04:12 PM
My question is, why do our own posters post this drivel on our board?:confused:

I imagine there are about 10 or 20 closet Cowboys around ( not that there is anything wrong with that ).

http://www.reporter-news.com/abil/sp_dc_columns/0,1874,ABIL_11496,00.html

I wouldn't bother with the comments... I would just call her if you got free minutes or send her an e-telegram.

GuerillaBlack
03-25-2007, 04:28 PM
Jennifer Engram is a joke. Her Little Ball of Hate show was boring. I switched to 1460 AM in Dallas when she was on.

HoustonFrog
03-25-2007, 04:36 PM
19-10

I'm not sure that makes much difference anymore after this years beat down.

Silver Oak
03-25-2007, 04:36 PM
We won't hear the end of this till the Texans can start to beat teams more than they beat us.

That is exactly right. Winning cures a lot of things and thankfully we have an owner who is committed to trying to do just that.

I'm curious to see if the scrutiny the Texans experienced after this draft will be repeated by the sports media in years to come for other teams.

thunderkyss
03-25-2007, 04:48 PM
We took the best defensive player in the draft IN THE 2ND ROUND, but we'll be stupid until we win. That's OK, because my theory is, "Humans are stupid," and I'm stickin' with it.

We took the best defensive player on the board, according to all the "scouts" & "experts" in Mario Williams.

Then took the best defensive player(DROY) in the second.

What I find funny, is that they keep bringing up Vince Young in an "I told you so" manner, when none of them thought we should have drafted Vince to begin with. But since Vince is proving all the doubters wrong(good job Vince), and David looked worse than 4 of the rookie QBs in '06(Vince, Lienart, Cutler, Gradkowski, Jackson, Thompson, etc..) they now act like they can't understand the decision.

StarStruck
03-25-2007, 05:19 PM
This isn't about Fort Worth, Cowboys, it's most people who aren't Texans preception. At a meeting I attended back in August, the guest speaker, who was an avid Sterlers fan and season ticket holder began his icebreaker comedy on the Texans, mind you in Houston.

Napa Auto Parts
03-25-2007, 08:02 PM
I dont see anything wrong the article almost everything is true it just sucks when they remind us about our sad reality what could of been.:confused:

Hervoyel
03-25-2007, 11:36 PM
19-10

That's the most pitiful comeback I've ever seen* and that's coming from a fellow Texans fan.

Did you somehow manage to miss the 34-6 whipping they put on us in 2006? That "19-10" is the most meaningless game the Texans will ever play. That's particularly true when you consider that there are maybe 10 Texans on the team today that were even present on that night and that every single thing about this franchise (short of the uniforms) that was going on in 2002 has been proven to be a mistake in the years since then.

*I should add that it's not like you're the only one using it so nothing personal. Lots of people toss up 19-10 like it means something today. Each and every one of them looks kind of pitiful when they do it.

Specnatz
03-26-2007, 12:32 AM
I dont see anything wrong the article almost everything is true it just sucks when they remind us about our sad reality what could of been.:confused:

I did not know one season makes vy a HOF? I recall Vick having two good years, and then last year he did what? The Falcons did what?

Got to love closed minded people who think by looking back you can make a predicition about what should have been.

Actually the article is full of crap and so is little jenny.