PDA

View Full Version : Schaub Positives

TexansSB07
03-25-2007, 01:22 PM
He said I want number of EVERY teammate (not just offensive players), he has already follwed up and called a number of them.

He said I am the leader on and of fthe field, I am the one this all reflects on (winning or losing).

He said he expects Texans TO WIN, not as our former QB said is something (losing) you get used to.

I don't think a WR running an incorrect route or a RB missing a block is going to get an "Aw Shucks", but more than likely get his butt chewed out in front of rest of huddle.

I think we will see sacks cut in half, because Schaub will not do a tuck n roll with ball. He will throw it away to save yardage, not go from a 1st and 10 to a 3rd and 23 (anyone else remember when Carr gave up back to back sacks last season).

He wants to show what he can do, think about it you show in preseason how good you are. BUT the huge contract they gave other guy assures you going to be riding the pine, UNLESS he goes down injured ot unable to play.

I bet he throws for 400 yards and 5 TDs against Falcons this year, simply to say...see what you gave up on.

I watched Texans huddle last year, they had tape of Carr goofing around and clowning around in practice. I am betting Schaub will be nothing but business in practice (even after only 3 years in league).

I predict a preaseason sweep 4-0, and Texans QB has team ready for game #1 of season.

anyone who doubts differences between Carr and Schaub, read two things 1) transcript of Schaub's presser and 2) Dale Robertson's article in Sundays Chronicle.

Carr was critiqued by Warren Moon AND Dan Pastorini and by a fan who played in a golf tournament with Carr.

Michael Strahan who will one day be in Hall of Fame said this about Schaub " coming into Falcons game.....Don't put Schaub in game, we don't want to have to face him". Imagine if one the best defensive players in league for many years says that about you, or does what most did about Carr..make polite politically correct, no bulletin board stuff comments about how goood a QB he was.

I take a guy who grabs facemasks and yells at players over a nice guy, I take a player other players fear or one they maker nice comments about.

I TAKE SCHAUB!!!!

Matt Schaub 2 second round draft picks (we moved back 2 spaces..we didn't give up a #1) 3 year contract for $20 million. Brought Falcons back to a tie against New England Patriots, who pasted Texans 40-7 last season

Brady Quinn 1st round draft pick 50-60 million with at least 20 million guaranteed, struggled against good competition, played butt off against weak opponents.

If you say Brady Quinn, I suggest you buy lots of Oakland/ Miami gear as those 2 look most likely landing spot for Carr/Quinn.

Houston Texans 2007 :yahoo: :drool: :dance2:

phantom17
03-25-2007, 02:03 PM
:elmo: Fine post! That one time I saw Schaub in action- he looked really good & I was impressed. He had great poised in the pocket & seem to have terrific footwork, & also doesn't seem to get too rattled when the heat was on! Has knowledge of West Coast Offense...NOT the Gulf Coast Offense (horizontal passing attack):joker: ! Remember the QBs that won gold rings are your classic pocket passers- Payton, Rothleshamburger, Tom, the TD & babymaker Brady, Aikman, Elway, Favre, P. Simms & the list goes on.... :) :superman: !

powerfuldragon
03-25-2007, 02:05 PM
It's good that you're optimistic about Schaub and the upcoming season of football. The strahan quote is fairly telling, but i really don't think you can assume this much about schaub without at least watching him in our preseason games. we don't know how he'll mesh with our current offense. 4-0 in preseason? we went 3-1 last preseason, so that isn't too far a leap i guess.

He said I want number of EVERY teammate (not just offensive players), he has already follwed up and called a number of them.
how do you know this?

Carr was critiqued by Warren Moon AND Dan Pastorini and by a fan who played in a golf tournament with Carr.

Ole Miss Texan
03-25-2007, 02:10 PM
Don't forget that all his other teammates loved him.

When he was in the game, all the players were excited, stood on the sideline, and wanted him to do great...they cheered for him. That hasn't happend here in houston...lol

keyfro
03-25-2007, 04:28 PM
how about this list of positives:

1. he hasn't been sacked 249 times
2. he hasn't had to deal with half a dozen offensive coordinators
3. he's got the size
4. he's got a decent arm
5. he's looked promising with his limited action
6. he talks about being a leader more than carr ever did
7. everyone seems to have nothing but positive things to say about him around the league
8. he's not david carr and a fresh face is what the franchise needed the most

FalconsFan
03-25-2007, 04:40 PM

He said I am the leader on and of fthe field, I am the one this all reflects on (winning or losing).

He said he expects Texans TO WIN, not as our former QB said is something (losing) you get used to.

I don't think a WR running an incorrect route or a RB missing a block is going to get an "Aw Shucks", but more than likely get his butt chewed out in front of rest of huddle.

I think we will see sacks cut in half, because Schaub will not do a tuck n roll with ball. He will throw it away to save yardage, not go from a 1st and 10 to a 3rd and 23 (anyone else remember when Carr gave up back to back sacks last season).

He wants to show what he can do, think about it you show in preseason how good you are. BUT the huge contract they gave other guy assures you going to be riding the pine, UNLESS he goes down injured ot unable to play.

I bet he throws for 400 yards and 5 TDs against Falcons this year, simply to say...see what you gave up on.

I watched Texans huddle last year, they had tape of Carr goofing around and clowning around in practice. I am betting Schaub will be nothing but business in practice (even after only 3 years in league).

I predict a preaseason sweep 4-0, and Texans QB has team ready for game #1 of season.

anyone who doubts differences between Carr and Schaub, read two things 1) transcript of Schaub's presser and 2) Dale Robertson's article in Sundays Chronicle.

Michael Strahan who will one day be in Hall of Fame said this about Schaub " coming into Falcons game.....Don't put Schaub in game, we don't want to have to face him". Imagine if one the best defensive players in league for many years says that about you, or does what most did about Carr..make polite politically correct, no bulletin board stuff comments about how goood a QB he was.

I take a guy who grabs facemasks and yells at players over a nice guy, I take a player other players fear or one they maker nice comments about.

I TAKE SCHAUB!!!!

Matt Schaub 2 second round draft picks (we moved back 2 spaces..we didn't give up a #1) 3 year contract for $20 million. Brought Falcons back to a tie against New England Patriots, who pasted Texans 40-7 last season

Brady Quinn 1st round draft pick 50-60 million with at least 20 million guaranteed, struggled against good competition, played butt off against weak opponents.

If you say Brady Quinn, I suggest you buy lots of Oakland/ Miami gear as those 2 look most likely landing spot for Carr/Quinn.

That is a huge stretch. He's going to be sacked so many times by John Abraham with your swiss cheese offensive line.

Doody
03-25-2007, 04:59 PM
He's left handed, so LT is no longer as vital on the o-line. He can watch the leagues best pass rushers coming and doesnt have to worry about freeny and the boys hitting him from behind. This does of course put more emphaisis on RT and the LT still will have to face very talented DE's

FalconsFan
03-25-2007, 05:06 PM
He's left handed, so LT is no longer as vital on the o-line. He can watch the leagues best pass rushers coming and doesnt have to worry about freeny and the boys hitting him from behind. This does of course put more emphaisis on RT and the LT still will have to face very talented DE's

No, he's right handed.

TheIronDuke
03-25-2007, 05:13 PM

He's not left-handed.

I for one will just be glad to not see pass after pass batted down at the line and fumbled snaps. I think that Schaub will be more motivated to be a good QB than Carr was. I'm all for a man being centered around his family, but a good QB needs to put the game first and do the little things that matter, i.e. staying late and studying defenses.

Doody
03-25-2007, 05:16 PM
oh, oops...I dont know where i heard that then

DatTexBoy
03-25-2007, 05:17 PM

No...he's RIGHT handed

keyfro
03-25-2007, 05:32 PM
oh, oops...I dont know where i heard that then

don't feel too bad i thought the same thing for some reason...i think it's because he played behind vick who was left handed or something...i don't know

PapaL
03-25-2007, 05:53 PM
how do you know this?

It was either said during the press conf or in one of the articles right after he was signed. I also read/heard it.

*EDIT*
Here it is, Link (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/4654993.html)

After he arrived in Houston, one of the first things new quarterback Matt Schaub did was to ask the Texans for the phone numbers of his new teammates. Schaub plans to call all of them and introduce himself.

"One of the most important areas of playing this position is being a leader, not only on the field but in the locker room, in the weight room, in the community," Schaub said at his introductory news conference Thursday. "Those are all the intangibles that a quarterback has to have and are part of his responsibility — being able to lead the team.

"Not just the offense, but the defense and special teams — the quarterback is the leader of the entire group."

mike230765
03-25-2007, 07:23 PM
Schaub will have a badass reciever to throw to....something he did not have in Atl. I don't think our line is much better so he should still do pretty good. Kevin Walter will catch what ever is thrown to him.

This is gonna be fun to watch this season. I am glad i am getting season tickets this year!

Tulip
03-25-2007, 10:34 PM
Don't forget that all his other teammates loved him.

When he was in the game, all the players were excited, stood on the sideline, and wanted him to do great...they cheered for him. That hasn't happend here in houston...lol

Including Vick, from that Falcons site/NFL films clip I saw the other day.

CarolinaTexan
03-25-2007, 10:55 PM
Schaub will have a badass reciever to throw to....something he did not have in Atl. I don't think our line is much better so he should still do pretty good. Kevin Walter will catch what ever is thrown to him.

This is gonna be fun to watch this season. I am glad i am getting season tickets this year!

Right on , bro. I saw most of the Patriots game he played, and he looked awesome. I have a feeling we'll be hearing alot of "shaub connects to aj" this season. Lets not forget that we also have a good/veteren RB in green this year, which can block and pick up blitzes as good as anyone in the league, something our backs last yr just wouldn't do very well.

powerfuldragon
03-26-2007, 12:01 AM
It was either said during the press conf or in one of the articles right after he was signed. I also read/heard it.

*EDIT*
Here it is, Link (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/4654993.html)
i knew he got the numbers, i want to know how sb07 knows schaub has already called.

mexican_texan
03-26-2007, 12:05 AM
I think Shaub's biggest negative right now is that he's balding and it will get time to get used to not having a QB with great hair.

CarolinaTexan
03-26-2007, 12:36 AM
I think Shaub's biggest negative right now is that he's balding and it will get time to get used to not having a QB with great hair.

mad rep coming your way

TexansSB07
03-26-2007, 12:58 AM
how do you know this?

After he arrived in Houston, one of the first things new quarterback Matt Schaub did was to ask the Texans for the phone numbers of his new teammates. Schaub plans to call all of them and introduce himself.

"One of the most important areas of playing this position is being a leader, not only on the field but in the locker room, in the weight room, in the community," Schaub said at his introductory news conference Thursday. "Those are all the intangibles that a quarterback has to have and are part of his responsibility being able to lead the team.

"Not just the offense, but the defense and special teams the quarterback is the leader of the entire group."

TexansSB07
03-26-2007, 01:12 AM
i knew he got the numbers, i want to know how sb07 knows schaub has already called.

McClain said so in one of his columns, that he had heard from several Texans who had already talked to Schaub...I guess reading is a fundamental:joker:

Aztequila
03-26-2007, 01:59 AM
:joker: He said I want number of EVERY teammate (not just offensive players), he has already follwed up and called a number of them

I TAKE SCHAUB!!!!

For the Texans sake, I hope Schaub follows through with all of your assumptions. I am first and formost a Texans fan, and if he is our guy, I am behind him and hope the best. But not having seen a lot from him, Im not quite ready to say he will fix all of our problems. Not wanting to see Carr go, I have to say that I am a bit anxious to see how Schaub performs. For the rest of the Carr crew, I have to say lets count our loses and get behind Schaub. If his addition gets us out of the top 20 draft picks, I'm rooting for him. GO TEXANS!!!

whiskeyrbl
03-26-2007, 05:37 AM
:joker:

For the Texans sake, I hope Schaub follows through with all of your assumptions. I am first and formost a Texans fan, and if he is our guy, I am behind him and hope the best. But not having seen a lot from him, Im not quite ready to say he will fix all of our problems. Not wanting to see Carr go, I have to say that I am a bit anxious to see how Schaub performs. For the rest of the Carr crew, I have to say lets count our loses and get behind Schaub. If his addition gets us out of the top 20 draft picks, I'm rooting for him. GO TEXANS!!!

This is the beauty of the whole thing. For 5 years the defenses have known all you have to do is load up and come after Carr and bad decisions will be made. Now from what I have read from former teammates and other people if they try this Schaub will likely make them pay dearly. I think we are gonna see a totally different Offense this year. Better decisions, better plays and the WHOLE playbook.

keyfro
03-26-2007, 09:04 AM
This is the beauty of the whole thing. For 5 years the defenses have known all you have to do is load up and come after Carr and bad decisions will be made. Now from what I have read from former teammates and other people if they try this Schaub will likely make them pay dearly. I think we are gonna see a totally different Offense this year. Better decisions, better plays and the WHOLE playbook.

we'll have to see how this all pans out...teams i think have become more reliant on the blitz when they have faced us in the past because they knew carr folded under pressure...now with schaub back there they might try to do more zone coverages...however with a less mobile QB they might just try to bring more blitzes from inside to flush him outside and see if he can throw on the run