PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta Falcon Fan Feedback on Schaub

charlestonchad
03-21-2007, 11:45 PM
Honestly, I think you guys got gave us too much for Schuab, which is fine with me. You're still not going to be hurting or anything, b/c Carr is trade bait.

Pros:

1. Schuab is one of the best backup QB's in the game. He has shown consistancy coming off the bench and in his starts for the Falcons. He wasn't great, and he didn't win games, but he showed us he is accurate and has a level head.

2. He is young, so he's got a lot of years left in him.

3. He is a great face for a franchise. He's articulate and educated.

4. He has height, which is good if you don't have a great O line.

Cons:

1. You gave us too much. We were realistically expecting to get a late 1st and maybe a 3rd. But instead you let us move up, and get 2 extra 2nd rounders.

2. Schuab doesn't have a huge arm.

3. Ya'll still need an oline to help him out. He won't be better than Carr if he doesn't have time to pass.

4. He isn't very mobile, which is a downer if you don't step up your o-line.

And comments about Vick:

1. I believe Petrino got rid of Schuab b/c we are no longer running the WCO. All Schuab has known is the WCO. Vick has an amazing deep ball, and we are building our passing game to go more vertical. Schuab didn't seem to have much of a deep threat.

2. Vick has gotten us to the NFC champs in 04. Our defense and o-line has drastically fallen off since then, reasonably, so has Vick's production. He doesn't get many passing attempts at all, and when he does, our coaches wouldn't let him audible.

Good luck with Schuab. We're still gonna beat you this season:)

kastofsna
03-21-2007, 11:51 PM
schaub is as mobile as any pocket QB in the NFL, really.

VAFalcons
03-21-2007, 11:56 PM
Congratulations guys, I know some of you may feel a bit cheated or you may be happy with the trade. But regardless, here is some information on Schaub for ya. Obviously over the years on the Atlanta Falcons message board we have discussed him and Vick many, many........many... times.

IMHO, your getting a QB who will feel right at home behind a Zone Blocking Oline, and has the ability to make quick reads and accurate touch passes. His is well known for his intelligence and is a quick study of defenses and video. He is a clubhouse favorite, and the players call him "Schwabie", when he is on the field everyone gets up and goes to the sidelines to watch, they simply liked the guy. Alot of the fans of Vick did not, but thats another story. His mobility is actually above average. Just take special note of his rushing yards.

Anyway, best of luck to you, ill keep up with him on sports center, but the Falcons are my team, and Vick...... for better or worse is no longer on the hotseat as a starter.

ALL STATS ON THIS THREAD PROVIDED BY :STATS Inc. (http://snap.stats.com/stats/nflinfo/index.asp) Provider of Stats for ESPN, FOX, SI and others.
Matt Shaub is a QB with 2 years in the headsets and 2 years of preseason work as well as some game experience.

If you just include just these games below where he saw at least 10 snaps or more. He has a QB Rating of 91.76 and a completition % of 64.5 with 5 TD 3 INT . Notice how much better he has gotten game by game and year by year.

Matt Vs Seatle 76.5 QB Rating 63.6% Completition

01/02/04 (Rookie Season) Came off the bench.
Loss 26-28 22 attempts 14 completed for 133 yards. 1 sack for 2 yards lost. 2 rushes for 7 yards. 1 TD 1 INT.

Matt Vs NO 35.4 QB Rating 42.5% Completition

12/26/04 (Rookie Season) Started Game.
Loss 13-26 attempts 41 completed 17 for 188 yards. 3 sacks for 14 yards lost. 4 rushes for 21 yards. 0 TD 2 INT 1 Fmbl.

Matt vs Minn 44.3 QB Rating 35.7% Completition.

10/04/05 Off the bench.
Win 30-10 attempted 14 completed 5 for 39 yards. 0 sacks. 4 rushes for 56 yards. 0 TD 0 INT.

Matt Vs Patriots 112.1 QB Rating 52.9% Completition

10/09/05 Started Game
Loss 28-31 attempted 34 completed 18 for 298 yards. 3 sacks for 14 yards lost. 2 rushes for 1.5 yards. 3 TD 0 INT

Matt Vs Carolina 120.7 QB Rating 69.2% Completition.

01/01/06 Off the bench.
Loss 11-44 13 attempts 9 completitions for 110 yards. 2 sacks 12 yards lost. 1 TD 0 INT

Matt Vs Philidelphia 92.4 QB Rating 71.4% Completition

12/31/06 Off the Bench
Loss 17-24 21 attempted 15 completed for 175 yards. 2 sacks 8 yards lost. 3 rushes for 21 yards. 1 TD 2 INT

Matt Schaub's career #'s are 69.2 QB Rating 52.2% Completition (this includes all the one and outs)

His college resume is impressive as well.

Schaub was drafted by the Falcons with the 90th overall choice in the third round of the 2004 NFL draft.
College career
One of the greatest quarterbacks in University of Virginia history, Matt Schaub finished his college career with at least 22 school records. He played in a record 40 games at the quarterback position and finished his career as one of the most accurate passers in Atlantic Coast Conference history (.670 career completion percentage). His Virginia statistics included school career records for yards passing (7502), touchdown passes (56), completions (716), attempts (1069), completion percentage (.670), 300-yard games (8), and 200-yard games (20).
Schaub enrolled at Virginia in the fall of 1999 and redshirted his true freshman season. In 2000, starter Dan Ellis missed some time due to injury, but fellow redshirt freshman Bryson Spinner received the bulk of playing time in relief. After the 2000 season, coach George Welsh retired and was replaced by Al Groh. Schaub was the starter for the first game of the 2001 season at Wisconsin. Over the 2001 season, Schaub and Spinner split quarterbacking duties nearly evenly. The two alternated in some games, while in others either Schaub or Spinner received nearly all the snaps. The two quarterback system worked relatively well with both effectively passing the ball to receiver Billy McMullen, the team's leading offensive threat.
Spinner decided to transfer to the University of Richmond for the 2002 season, seemingly making Schaub the unquestioned starter. However, Schaub was briefly replaced by redshirt freshman Marques Hagans in the first game of the 2002 season against Colorado State University. Hagans was named the starter for the next game, against Florida State University, but was replaced by Schaub who went onto his breakout season. Matt was the 2002 ACC Player of the Year, 2002 ACC Offensive Player of the Year and first-team All-State Virginia Sports Information Directors Association (VaSID) as a senior. Publicized in the 2003 preseason as a Heisman candidate, Schaub suffered a shoulder injury in the first game of the season and did not return for several games; therefore his overall numbers declined in his senior season. He was the Most Valuable Player of the 2003 Continental Tire Bowl and was twice selected to the All-ACC Academic Football Team. His University of Virginia awards included the John Acree Memorial Trophy, given to the football player with the highest qualities of leadership and unselfish service, and the Ben Wilson Award as the team’s most outstanding offensive player.

Titan "Tack" Fan
03-21-2007, 11:56 PM
You can try to cover for Vick all you want, but he's a very average QB. The Falcons have never had back to back winning seasons, he's always had talent around him, and he has many years under his belt.

Maybe an new coach will help? We'll see. But I think Mike Vick's chance to prove himself has come and gone.

texansfan1974
03-21-2007, 11:59 PM
Honestly, I think you guys got gave us too much for Schuab, which is fine with me. You're still not going to be hurting or anything, b/c Carr is trade bait.

Pros:

1. Schuab is one of the best backup QB's in the game. He has shown consistancy coming off the bench and in his starts for the Falcons. He wasn't great, and he didn't win games, but he showed us he is accurate and has a level head.

Cons:

1. You gave us too much. We were realistically expecting to get a late 1st and maybe a 3rd. But instead you let us move up, and get 2 extra 2nd rounders.

3. Ya'll still need an oline to help him out. He won't be better than Carr if he doesn't have time to pass.

And comments about Vick:

1. I believe Petrino got rid of Schuab b/c we are no longer running the WCO. All Schuab has known is the WCO. Vick has an amazing deep ball, and we are building our passing game to go more vertical. Schuab didn't seem to have much of a deep threat.

2. Vick has gotten us to the NFC champs in 04. Our defense and o-line has drastically fallen off since then, reasonably, so has Vick's production. He doesn't get many passing attempts at all, and when he does, our coaches wouldn't let him audible.

Vick is running QB and will never win the big one. He may have a great arm, but he is and always will be a run first kind of guy. Vick will leave you guys the first chance he gets anyways he does like the fans in Atlanta. The Texans are a team on the rise, the Falcons are a team on the decline. Well good luck in the future, but we will beat you this year.:victory:

CarolinaTexan
03-22-2007, 12:10 AM
You can try to cover for Vick all you want, but he's a very average QB. The Falcons have never had back to back winning seasons, he's always had talent around him, and he has many years under his belt.

Maybe an new coach will help? We'll see. But I think Mike Vick's chance to prove himself has come and gone.

I disagree, hes never had great talent around him. He had his best year yet last year with 3500 apy, thats 100 less than golden boy tom brady. And who exactly is he supposed to throw to down there? There #1 reciever is really a #2 at best on a decent nfl team, and you think defenses havn't figured out Vick 2 Crumpler? The falcons have huge defensive problems and only a handful of good offensive players. I am a panthers fan i can tell you vick and single handedly beat a team (see any nfc south games...). I dont think vick is unbelievable or michael jordan of football, but cut the guy some slack.

kastofsna
03-22-2007, 12:13 AM
vick has had more than enough talent around him. good line, good backfield, good enough receivers, good defense. he's not on some awful team, there are far worse situations for a QB to be in.

Titan "Tack" Fan
03-22-2007, 12:14 AM
Alge Crumpler, Warrick Dunn, 2 first round receivers. Sounds like enough to me. And it's not like Atlanta's defense is slacking.

Sorry, he's average at best. Exciting, but not a great leader on the field.

CarolinaTexan
03-22-2007, 12:15 AM
yes and they are a "good" team not great, your point?

Atl Cav
03-22-2007, 12:15 AM
I have been a fan of the Falcons for years. Also I have been a fan of Schaub's for years as I am a UVA alum. He is an otstanding quarterback who still holds 22 passing records at UVA. It is not his arm or his athleticism that makes him effective. It is a Tom Brady or Drew Brees type of offensive intellect. Often you arent quite sure how he moved the ball as no pass was of any remarkable quality, but yet he succeeds. He never had a chance in Atlanta. As I am a Falcon fan I regret to say that some of us were excited about using Matt at QB and occaisonally moving Vick - a remarkable athlete - into different positions. But certain flocks of Falcon fans and the ownership insisted Vick was our best QB as they had placed their bets. As a result I feel we are looking at more .500 seasons as Michael lacks the instinctive feel for the position. However, you Texan fans have a good one. Overpaid? Who knows. But in hindsight at UVA I think we rode #7's shoulders more than we realized at the time. I will still pull for Atlanta, but many of us want to see Matt do well as a Texan as he had to be frustrated watching the team with the quality of the Falcons lose to some bottom-dwellers. This post is not to disparage Atlanta but to congratulate Houston. I did feel the need to explain the few lame posters on the Atlanta site that praise Schaub's departure. They know this entrenches Vick, despite his unpredictable nature. They prefer Vick as a QB than a team in the playoffs. Maybe Houston can replicate the winning ingredient proven in the NFL that Atlanta seems to think is unnecessary: a consistent and reliable performer. Congrats!!

Titan "Tack" Fan
03-22-2007, 12:16 AM
yes and they are a "good" team not great, your point?

I just don't think he has many excuses for not winning football games.

kastofsna
03-22-2007, 12:17 AM
does a QB need to be on a "great" team to not suck these days? he has more than enough talent to not look like an imbecile each and every week. no excuses.

shanden
03-22-2007, 12:18 AM
The simple truth is that if Schaub has even one probowl season with the Texans then no one will be talking about how much he cost the Texans to bring him in.

It will simply become a classic ESPN Top Five Reasons....Atlanta can't help but trade away future probowl/hall-of-fame quarterbacks show.

If Schaub is less then a serviceable starting quartback, we might fire a head coach and find our team exactly where it is now next year with 35-50 million in cap space. If Schaub is a better quarterback then Vick, Atlanta fires their head coach and the wailing and gnashing of teeth commences again. Way less risk on the Texan's side.

Andrew6
03-22-2007, 12:20 AM
wow, us texans fans have sure become vicous, Texans known for their hospitality, now known for their attitudes. I know that having alot of loses has kinda pushed us this way but lets just take a step back not rag on people and see how this next year leads us.

Titan "Tack" Fan
If Vick doesn't start winning games for the Falcons, they must let him go. I mean give him another 2 years tops. The NFL is all about winning and the guy just isn't a winner. He's exciting, he makes people miss, etc. But he's not getting it done.

It's hard for teams to admit they were wrong with a 1st round QB selection (especially 1st overall) ...

After Vick flipped off his own fans, I really don't want to see him succeed.

Dime
The simple truth is that if Schaub has even one probowl season with the Texans then no one will be talking about how much he cost the Texans to bring him in.

It will simply become a classic ESPN Top Five Reasons....Atlanta can't help but trade away future probowl/hall-of-fame quarterbacks show.

If Schaub is less then a serviceable starting quartback, we might fire a head coach and find our team exactly where it is now next year with 35-50 million in cap space. If Schaub is a better quarterback then Vick, Atlanta fires their head coach and the wailing and gnashing of teeth commences again. Way less risk on the Texan's side.

Nah... if Matt becomes a Pro-Bowler.. then the Falcons will be known for breeding Pro-Bowl QB's and you can get a bunch of picks every few years.. grin.

CarolinaTexan
does a QB need to be on a "great" team to not suck these days? he has more than enough talent to not look like an imbecile each and every week. no excuses.

wow so 3500 yds is being an imbecile and "sucking". have you ever even seen him play?

Titan "Tack" Fan
03-22-2007, 12:21 AM
wow, us texans fans have sure become vicous, Texans known for their hospitality, now known for their attitudes. I know that having alot of loses has kinda pushed us this way but lets just take a step back not rag on people and see how this next year leads us.

Message boards aren't for people being nice. People don't come on here to share facts. I like hearing people's opinions.

VAFalcons
03-22-2007, 12:22 AM
Congratulations guys, I know some of you may feel a bit cheated or you may be happy with the trade. But regardless, here is some information on Schaub for ya. Obviously over the years on the Atlanta Falcons message board we have discussed him and Vick many, many........many... times.

IMHO, your getting a QB who will feel right at home behind a Zone Blocking Oline, and has the ability to make quick reads and accurate touch passes. His is well known for his intelligence and is a quick study of defenses and video. He is a clubhouse favorite, and the players call him "Schwabie", when he is on the field everyone gets up and goes to the sidelines to watch, they simply liked the guy. Alot of the fans of Vick did not, but thats another story. His mobility is actually above average. Just take special note of his rushing yards.

Anyway, best of luck to you, ill keep up with him on sports center, but the Falcons are my team, and Vick...... for better or worse is no longer on the hotseat as a starter.

ALL STATS ON THIS THREAD PROVIDED BY :STATS Inc. (http://snap.stats.com/stats/nflinfo/index.asp) Provider of Stats for ESPN, FOX, SI and others.

Matt Shaub is a QB with 2 years in the headsets and 2 years of preseason work as well as some game experience.
If you just include just these games below where he saw at least 10 snaps or more. He has a QB Rating of 91.76 and a completition % of 64.5 with 5 TD 3 INT . Notice how much better he has gotten game by game and year by year.

Matt Vs Seatle 76.5 QB Rating 63.6% Completition

01/02/04 (Rookie Season) Came off the bench.
Loss 26-28 22 attempts 14 completed for 133 yards. 1 sack for 2 yards lost. 2 rushes for 7 yards. 1 TD 1 INT.

Matt Vs NO 35.4 QB Rating 42.5% Completition

12/26/04 (Rookie Season) Started Game.
Loss 13-26 attempts 41 completed 17 for 188 yards. 3 sacks for 14 yards lost. 4 rushes for 21 yards. 0 TD 2 INT 1 Fmbl.

Matt vs Minn 44.3 QB Rating 35.7% Completition.

10/04/05 Off the bench.
Win 30-10 attempted 14 completed 5 for 39 yards. 0 sacks. 4 rushes for 56 yards. 0 TD 0 INT.

Matt Vs Patriots 112.1 QB Rating 52.9% Completition

10/09/05 Started Game
Loss 28-31 attempted 34 completed 18 for 298 yards. 3 sacks for 14 yards lost. 2 rushes for 1.5 yards. 3 TD 0 INT

Matt Vs Carolina 120.7 QB Rating 69.2% Completition.

01/01/06 Off the bench.
Loss 11-44 13 attempts 9 completitions for 110 yards. 2 sacks 12 yards lost. 1 TD 0 INT

Matt Vs Philidelphia 92.4 QB Rating 71.4% Completition

12/31/06 Off the Bench
Loss 17-24 21 attempted 15 completed for 175 yards. 2 sacks 8 yards lost. 3 rushes for 21 yards. 1 TD 2 INT

Matt Schaub's career #'s are 69.2 QB Rating 52.2% Completition (this includes all the one and outs)
His college resume is impressive as well. Schaub was drafted by the Falcons with the 90th overall choice in the third round of the 2004 NFL draft.

College career :

One of the greatest quarterbacks in University of Virginia history, Matt Schaub finished his college career with at least 22 school records. He played in a record 40 games at the quarterback position and finished his career as one of the most accurate passers in Atlantic Coast Conference history (.670 career completion percentage). His Virginia statistics included school career records for yards passing (7502), touchdown passes (56), completions (716), attempts (1069), completion percentage (.670), 300-yard games (8), and 200-yard games (20). Schaub enrolled at Virginia in the fall of 1999 and redshirted his true freshman season. In 2000, starter Dan Ellis missed some time due to injury, but fellow redshirt freshman Bryson Spinner received the bulk of playing time in relief. After the 2000 season, coach George Welsh retired and was replaced by Al Groh. Schaub was the starter for the first game of the 2001 season at Wisconsin. Over the 2001 season, Schaub and Spinner split quarterbacking duties nearly evenly. The two alternated in some games, while in others either Schaub or Spinner received nearly all the snaps. The two quarterback system worked relatively well with both effectively passing the ball to receiver Billy McMullen, the team's leading offensive threat.

Spinner decided to transfer to the University of Richmond for the 2002 season, seemingly making Schaub the unquestioned starter. However, Schaub was briefly replaced by redshirt freshman Marques Hagans in the first game of the 2002 season against Colorado State University. Hagans was named the starter for the next game, against Florida State University, but was replaced by Schaub who went onto his breakout season. Matt was the 2002 ACC Player of the Year, 2002 ACC Offensive Player of the Year and first-team All-State Virginia Sports Information Directors Association (VaSID) as a senior. Publicized in the 2003 preseason as a Heisman candidate, Schaub suffered a shoulder injury in the first game of the season and did not return for several games; therefore his overall numbers declined in his senior season. He was the Most Valuable Player of the 2003 Continental Tire Bowl and was twice selected to the All-ACC Academic Football Team. His University of Virginia awards included the John Acree Memorial Trophy, given to the football player with the highest qualities of leadership and unselfish service, and the Ben Wilson Award as the team’s most outstanding offensive player.

Titan "Tack" Fan
03-22-2007, 12:22 AM
wow so 3500 yds is being an imbecile and "sucking". have you ever even seen him play?

Does 3500 yards = winning record? Playoffs?

TexansSeminole
03-22-2007, 12:24 AM
I have been a fan of the Falcons for years. Also I have been a fan of Schaub's for years as I am a UVA alum. He is an otstanding quarterback who still holds 22 passing records at UVA. It is not his arm or his athleticism that makes him effective. It is a Tom Brady or Drew Brees type of offensive intellect. Often you arent quite sure how he moved the ball as no pass was of any remarkable quality, but yet he succeeds. He never had a chance in Atlanta. As I am a Falcon fan I regret to say that some of us were excited about using Matt at QB and occaisonally moving Vick - a remarkable athlete - into different positions. But certain flocks of Falcon fans and the ownership insisted Vick was our best QB as they had placed their bets. As a result I feel we are looking at more .500 seasons as Michael lacks the instinctive feel for the position. However, you Texan fans have a good one. Overpaid? Who knows. But in hindsight at UVA I think we rode #7's shoulders more than we realized at the time. I will still pull for Atlanta, but many of us want to see Matt do well as a Texan as he had to be frustrated watching the team with the quality of the Falcons lose to some bottom-dwellers. This post is not to disparage Atlanta but to congratulate Houston. I did feel the need to explain the few lame posters on the Atlanta site that praise Schaub's departure. They know this entrenches Vick, despite his unpredictable nature. They prefer Vick as a QB than a team in the playoffs. Maybe Houston can replicate the winning ingredient proven in the NFL that Atlanta seems to think is unnecessary: a consistent and reliable performer. Congrats!!

That's what I like to hear! Welcome :snobord: .

What number does Schaub wear? Was it 7 in college and 8 in the NFL cause of Vick's #7?

Ole Miss Texan
03-22-2007, 12:25 AM

Pros:

Cons:

And comments about Vick:

Thanks for your input, it's always nice to hear other teams opinions.

the 2 2nd rounders kinda hurts. the swapping of 1sts means nothing to me really...not when we're a team of needs.

schaub is a great 2nd round pick for us. i'm glad we didn't have to give up a 1st round pick for him...that would suck. next years 2nd kinda hurts....hopefully we can get a 'fair' deal for carr..possibly for a pick next year and it won't look so bad. I sure hope schaub does great here...i think our team is really getting better and we've made a lot of moves this offseason. i think the fans will love him for a number of reasons and the playoffs is just one... ; )

Atl Cav
03-22-2007, 12:26 AM
Yes. He was #7 at UVA.

Titan "Tack" Fan
03-22-2007, 12:26 AM
"Ole Miss Texan"

Great avatar and sig. LaRon is the man.

Andrew6
03-22-2007, 12:27 AM
Message boards aren't for people being nice. People don't come on here to share facts. I like hearing people's opinions.

yeah i suppose you're right, alrighty lets breed some more anger then.

TexanFan881
03-22-2007, 12:27 AM
He should take #8 once David Carr leaves...

Ole Miss Texan
03-22-2007, 12:28 AM
That's what I like to hear! Welcome :snobord: .

What number does Schaub wear? Was it 7 in college and 8 in the NFL cause of Vick's #7?

Interesting...wonder if he wants 7 here in houston.

CarolinaTexan
03-22-2007, 12:28 AM
Does 3500 yards = winning record? Playoffs?
um, so you want him to get 4500? 5500? line up on defense? lets make him head coach too. Also, can you call the falcons wr's good with a straight face? you know as well as anyone "1st round" doesnt mean anything. i mean come on. And how exactly is there defense really good. Tell the the offenses they play that, cause i dont think they know.

bckey
03-22-2007, 12:29 AM

Thanks for the congrats! Its refreshing to hear good things from a fan of another team.

TexansSeminole
03-22-2007, 12:29 AM
He should take #8 once David Carr leaves...

No I say he goes back to 7...we need a new number for our new QB.

Lucky
03-22-2007, 12:30 AM
Thanks for the info and welcome to the forum.

And don't worry about being labeled a Schaub lover. It comes with the territory.

Ole Miss Texan
03-22-2007, 12:34 AM

ATL Cav....maybe i should change my name to Houston Rebel...lol

thanks for the great post and welcome to the boards. I hope some of you falcon fans root for the texans some..at least on the afc side.

Thanks for the insight into Schaub. Most of us..like many, don't know much about schaub. I love to hear that he seems to be a very good decision maker, leader, makes the throws, good poise, consisten, reliable...etc. Good luck with our picks..y'all will get some good players.

I read in another post that Schaub was very good at UVA. He was considered to be a 1st round pick but got injured his senior season and thats the reason why he fell to the 3rd? you'd probably know being a uva fan and all...

2BCF
03-22-2007, 12:36 AM
Absolutely, #7 also sounds great to me!

No more #8s for the city of Houston, ever. It's dead to us.

swisher
03-22-2007, 12:38 AM
It's funny, all I hear is praise about Schaub all offseason and as soon as he's traded BAM! people start tearing him down. Nice to hear from a true fan about our new quarterback.

http://www.virginia.edu/president/report04/images/drawing8.jpg

SnakeOilTanker
03-22-2007, 12:47 AM
chad stanley wears 7

Zac
03-22-2007, 12:48 AM
Well, it still seems like the Texans overpaid. Come on!! Last season they selected the Defensive Rookie of the YEAR in the 2nd round. Talented players always slip into the 2nd round. Always!!! I could understand giving up one 2nd round pick, but TWO!!!

I was under the impression that the Texans were trying to get more draft picks; not give them up! So I'm in a bit of shock!

Anyways, it's good to hear such praise of Schab. But, I'm not at all ecstatic about this trade.

My problem is that old Clichee, the most popular guy in NFL cities is always the backup Quarterback. Last year there were fans here and around swearing that Sage could be a pro bowler. He's been a backup his whole career, except for a spot start here and there.

The Texans were good I.D.'ing talent last year. They earned my benefit of doubt. But, it trade just isn't getting me excited about the Texans. There is something I don't like about it. But, of course I'm just an accountant so what do I know. Hopefully, the Texans have done their JOB!!!

2BCF
03-22-2007, 12:52 AM
chad stanley wears 7
Methinks: not anymore.
Besides, I don't think Chad would mind too much considering he'll be out on the field less often while collecting the same check.

Ole Miss Texan
03-22-2007, 01:01 AM
chad stanley wears 7

and isn't he the punter? if your a punter and your last name isn't lechler..you dont have a say...lol

Methinks: not anymore.
Besides, I don't think Chad would mind too much considering he'll be out on the field less often while collecting the same check.

i have a feeling schaub is going to be making a little more than stanley...and if not...stanley is going to be severely overpaid....or schaub's agent sux.

mikey21
03-22-2007, 01:02 AM
chad stanley wears 7

so, he is a punter they are not real football players :)

GP
03-22-2007, 01:08 AM
We run the WCO.

Schaub is comfy in the WCO.

We won 6 games on Ron Dayne's legs alone, which means we could probably win a few more with a QB who is comfy in the pocket and who can methodically read defenses and get his job done when it's his turn.

Tom Brady is slower than slow, as is Manning, as is Big Ben. I'm not concerned about his lack of "running legs" because his "throwing arm" and "calculating brain" will make sure he gets the ball where it needs to be.

Here's an idea: You don't need to run if you know where to throw.

That's my new sig. Just came up with it, and I am trademarking it right now.

Thank you for the input, Falcons fans.

South Texan
03-22-2007, 01:13 AM
Thanks to the Atlanta fans for that input.

OH, when you can't find a backup for Vick, I think our management will trade Carr for those 2'nd round picks back. :)

noxiousdog
03-22-2007, 01:14 AM

FWIW, according to the draft value chart on nfl.com, the pick swap + the 2nd rounders is roughly equivilent to the #21 pick.

The Pencil Neck
03-22-2007, 01:20 AM
The Texans were good I.D.'ing talent last year. They earned my benefit of doubt. But, it trade just isn't getting me excited about the Texans. There is something I don't like about it. But, of course I'm just an accountant so what do I know. Hopefully, the Texans have done their JOB!!!

I think that's what you need to concentrate on. Don't ever listen to anything a FO says about wanting draft picks or this QB is our starter and we're behind him 100% or any of that. It's all posturing trying to get the best deal. The important thing was that last year our FO was very good at identifying and getting talent. We had a great draft. After Smith came in, he was able to find guys off the street that became real contributors. For the past year and a half, a lot of people have thought Schaub should be a starter and that he's going to be a great QB. Well... maybe they were right; obviously our FO did.

I would have preferred to have given up less for Schaub but sometimes you gotta pay to get what you want.

I'm very excited about this deal and I'm expecting much better play on the field next year. I think Kubiak and Smith are making a lot of good moves this offseason. I don't think they're done, yet, either.

Specnatz
03-22-2007, 01:54 AM
LUCKY I know your a mod and all but I have to give you props on your sig, I think I am one of the biggest Levi draft him guys on this board.

Roughnecks
03-22-2007, 02:01 AM
The plus side is he has not got smashed 400 times so he want be looking for the sack. Atlease not till week 7.

2BCF
03-22-2007, 02:14 AM
The plus side is he has not got smashed 400 times so he want be looking for the sack. Atlease not till week 7.

Ha! Carr was hardly ever "smashed". His natural reflex was to assume the fetal position whenever the D got within 5 yards of him.

2BCF
03-22-2007, 02:19 AM
and isn't he the punter? if your a punter and your last name isn't lechler..you dont have a say...lol

i have a feeling schaub is going to be making a little more than stanley...and if not...stanley is going to be severely overpaid....or schaub's agent sux.

I meant Stanley's 07 check compared to last year. not schuab.

michaelm
03-22-2007, 02:37 AM
FWIW, according to the draft value chart on nfl.com, the pick swap + the 2nd rounders is roughly equivilent to the #21 pick.

Does that take into account that a 2008 2nd is rated as a 2007 3rd?

And also, if things go right, we may end up in the middle of the pack next year, making that 2nd a little less valuable... like #48 overall, if we're lucky?

valleytexfan
03-22-2007, 02:48 AM

Great class....great post....good luck to you, sir.:superman:

SAMURAITEXAN
03-22-2007, 02:49 AM
yeah i suppose you're right, alrighty lets breed some more anger then.

Welcome Falcon's fan and I also welcome Schuab to Houston. Hey Andrew, we should sit back and pop some more popcorn because this drama has been finished yet. We still got Carr you know? See where he ends up and what we can get for by trading him. I can tell you this, this off season has been somethingelse.

GO TEXANS!!

Ole Miss Texan
03-22-2007, 03:55 AM

i'd love to have those 2nd rounders but a total value of a late 1st isn't that bad.

1-because its spread out slightly and in 2 years. (which causes the amount to be higher)

2- we still have both our 1st round picks...we didn't actually have to give up one. and that 1st rd pick is at 10 so its still worth a lot for a great player or trade down.

we moved 2 spots down...woopty doo. by the chart thats 100 pts.woopty doo. lol

FalconBeast
03-22-2007, 05:03 AM
Another Falcons fan here congratulating

Atl Cav already said most of it... just some more points:

Some people complain about his stats that were not really good... schaub came into the game at many occassions when they were trailing and he had to throw some risky deep balls that got intercepted... at least 2 times on hail maries seconds before halftime. Eliminate at least three INTs and you get the idea how he really played in those 4-5 games

The guy wants to win even if it is ugly. Watch two games: Falcons@Seahaws 2 years ago and Pats@Falcons 1 year ago... the guy is not the best athlete but he runs for his life if he has to. In some ways you can compare him to Brett Favre (sad to mention as a Falcon fan), he will not falter after he throws a bad pass but will go on competing for his team. He was a rookie @Seahawks game, the Falcons trailed but he recovered to come back to score a TD in the final seconds for the chance to equal the game (2 PT conversion failed because the genius coach decided to let a 180 lbs RB run through the middle :D). He seems to be at his best when he is under pressure and he has the ability to get everyone involved.

One other thing I like to add, is that he indeed is the better passing QB than Vick and also the better leader... but it was still a good trade for the Falcons because we are STUCK with Vick and his contract. The franchise is playing all or nothing and we needed to load the cannon with some "support" for the ultimate gamble called Vick. I do not like it but since we have no choice, the deal makes sense

Anyway, I think you got a QB way better than the two top QB in this years draft. I will definately cheer for the Texans as my second team this year and wish you and Matt Schaub all the best

Beast

TexanRoadrunner
03-22-2007, 05:10 AM
Thanks for the info ATL fans, lots of class in those posts. I really hope Schaub can be the answer for this team. From everything I've heard he seems like a guy who is gonna bust ass to win games.

ubecool454
03-22-2007, 06:48 AM
No I say he goes back to 7...we need a new number for our new QB.

The punter wears #7.....We can cut him so that schuab can have his number back.

TexSon
03-22-2007, 07:46 AM
He seems to be at his best when he is under pressure and he has the ability to get everyone involved.

Boy, it will be nice to see this for a change. At least this sounds like the polar opposite of Carr.
I'm not thrilled with what we gave up, but I will take a wait and see approach.
Honestly I expected Falcon fan to be here in masse gloating over their pick haul. .

phantom17
03-22-2007, 07:52 AM
Boy, it will be nice to see this for a change. At least this sounds like the polar opposite of Carr.
I'm not thrilled with what we gave up, but I will take a wait and see approach.
Honestly I expected Falcon fan to be here in masse gloating over their pick haul. .

I agree! However, the majority of Falcon posters here seem to be 1st Class, as oppose to ALOT of classless AINT's posters, or Tenn TitanICS posters. It's bad enough that we seem to be the laughing stock around the league!:elmo:

Goldeagle
03-22-2007, 08:04 AM
Matt Schaub Sucks! Its His Fault!

Steve_Bartkowski
03-22-2007, 11:29 AM
Another Atlanta fan here. I have followed Schaub since we got him and he is a very good pocket QB! When he was in the game he actually made the Atlanta WRs look good! (with Vick they always looked awful). I'm not bashing Vick because Vick has a lot of weapons that other QBs don't have but I really think Schaub was a better pocket QB than Vick. If you guys give Schaub some time to throw the ball, establish a running game, and give him a good WCO scheme and some targets to throw to, I have NO DOUBT that he will be a good if not great starting NFL QB.

One of Schaub's best games was in 2005 against NE. We should have won that game but we were on the wrong side of a bad call and our defense gave up 31 points. Here's a recap from some of that game:

Matt Schaub filled in admirably for the injured Vick, matching Brady's three TD passes, including a tying score with 3:52 remaining. Schaub threw a 14-yard TD to Dez White, then went to Brian Finneran for a 2-point conversion.

"He (Vick) wasn't ready to play," coach Jim Mora said. "It was an easy decision. When a player is not ready to play, you are not going to put him out there in harm's way. This team felt confident we could perform with Matt Schaub, and I think we proved that to be true."

Schaub, a second-year player from Virginia, completed 18 of 34 for 298 yards (and 3 TDs) and didn't have any turnovers. Finneran caught five passes for 103 yards.

"I'm happy with the way I performed," Schaub said. "I thought I came out and made some good decisions and gave us a chance."

But the Falcons' defense couldn't slow Brady, who completed 22 of 27 to lead a 483-yard performance by the Patriots.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/recap/NFL_20051009_NE@ATL

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/live/NFL_20051009_NE@ATL

VICKTMS
03-22-2007, 11:35 AM
I am a Falcons fan, so I can attest to the skill Matt Schaub has. He is a good QB, but hasn't seen much action. He is not Mike Vick I can tell you that. To all that think Mike Vick is not a good qb, watch falcons games. He hits his receivers in the #'s...they just suck. Mike Vick runs all the time bc, like David Carr, he has to! Both the Texans and the Falcons olines suck! David Carr is a great qb, better than Schaub I say. Its not a new qb you need, its oline, just like us. I hope we pick up David Carr as our back up. Good luck with Schaub...you guys are getting a great qb(I also went to UVA with him) but he is not the answer you guys need, nor is A. Green. I think this is a good trade for both of us...I just think you guys gave up a little much for an unproven, not very mobile, qb. New qb, same oline=same situation...same for us too, thats why we are hoarding picks to go get some big boys on the line. The game between us just got A LOT more interesting!!! Good luck guys!:dance2:

HuttoKarl
03-22-2007, 11:37 AM
I have a hard time believing that all those first round WR's in ATL suck and that Peerless Price,who flourished in buffalo, suddenly lost all of his talent when he went to Atlanta.

Supposedly, Atlanta's hording picks to get Calvin Johnson, another WR for Vick to ruin.

VICKTMS
03-22-2007, 11:38 AM
I am a Falcons fan, so I can attest to the skill Matt Schaub has. He is a good QB, but hasn't seen much action. He is not Mike Vick I can tell you that. To all that think Mike Vick is not a good qb, watch falcons games. He hits his receivers in the #'s...they just suck. Mike Vick runs all the time bc, like David Carr, he has to! Both the Texans and the Falcons olines suck! David Carr is a great qb, better than Schaub I say. Its not a new qb you need, its oline, just like us. I hope we pick up David Carr as our back up. Good luck with Schaub...you guys are getting a great qb(I also went to UVA with him) but he is not the answer you guys need, nor is A. Green. I think this is a good trade for both of us...I just think you guys gave up a little much for an unproven, not very mobile, qb. New qb, same oline=same situation...same for us too, thats why we are hoarding picks to go get some big boys on the line. The game between us just got A LOT more interesting!!! Good luck guys!:dance2:

Oh...thanks for helping us get ammunition to trade up for Joe Thomas or...HOPEFULLY CALVIN JOHNSON!!!!!!!:bananasplit: :ski:

Doom Capers
03-22-2007, 11:39 AM
Lol, Michael Vick. He still isn't even the best QB on that team.

Carr Bombed
03-22-2007, 11:39 AM
I'll repost it.

Everybody outside of Texan fans believe Carr is a great QB, because the national media portrays this.........Poor Carr, he has no Oline or weapons around him. Its not the oline Carr has no feel for the game and not a lick of pocket presence...........which leads to alot of bad sacks

Carr is just bad, he never developed and ended up regressing. He may be good someday, but it won't be here. He will never succeed in a Texan uni.

Our Oline is not the greatest, but it is also not the worst either........the Oline gets a bad rap. Even a bad Oline doesn't explain -5 passing yards Carr had against Oakland last year..........-5 passing yards. The guy is broke, his confidence is in shambles and he may never recover.

If Carr was such a great QB, there would be teams beating down our door to trade for him............the phone hasnt rang once.

Steve_Bartkowski
03-22-2007, 11:40 AM
I have a hard time believing that all those first round WR's in ATL suck and that Peerless Price,who flourished in buffalo, suddenly lost all of his talent when he went to Atlanta.

Supposedly, Atlanta's hording picks to get Calvin Johnson, another WR for Vick to ruin.

Another Falcons fan here. I disagree with the original poster. When Schaub was in the game the WR's miraculously started looking good! If you guys can get some O-line to protect him Schaub will be a very good starting QB for you. I have no doubt about that.

noxiousdog
03-22-2007, 11:40 AM
Does that take into account that a 2008 2nd is rated as a 2007 3rd?

Yes.

texas mopar
03-22-2007, 11:41 AM

I agree great trade for Atlanta enjoy all draft picks.

texan_fan_8
03-22-2007, 11:43 AM
It's funny, all I hear is praise about Schaub all offseason and as soon as he's traded BAM! people start tearing him down. Nice to hear from a true fan about our new quarterback.

http://www.virginia.edu/president/report04/images/drawing8.jpg

Honestly i'm excited they actually are doing this! And i'm now looking foward to next year. Win lose or draw the FINALLY did something. And i personally can't ask for more.

As i sit here I think Philip Rivers. Schaub was drafted to replace Vick not just to be a bench warmer. Is it July yet?

VICKTMS

Vick to ruin? I know you probably don't watch Falcons games, but before you hate on Vick, research a little about what receiving corp dropped..DROPPED, the most balls last season. Can you even name any of our receivers, except Crumpler. No, bc they suck and so does Peerless Price and Ashley Lelie! Just listen to what the analysts say about the great peerless...he sucks. Vick has to throw to a bunch of 3rd receivers. If a TE is your #1 receiver, something is wrong. We will still punish you guys this season..hahaha Cant wait to sack Schaub and pick him off 2-3 times. Not being a jerk, but its true. Good luck though, and thanks for the picks and the swap...now we can surely get Joe Thomas, Calvin Johnson, Adam Carriker, Levy Brown, or god forbid LANDRY(he will pick Schaub twice I promise you!):dance2: :dance2:

GP
Question for ATL fans:

Is the Schaub/Vick situation one of the reasons Mora Jr. left?

Seems like Mora Jr. might have forced his hand with Blank by saying he wanted Schaub as the starter.

I'm reading between the lines from all the things I hear from you guys, the recent and sudden rift between Mora Jr. and Blank, Daddy Mora who seems to be parroting what Mora Jr. might be "feeling" about Vick, etc.

Just seems to me that Mora Jr. was ousted over the QB situation. Blank is defiant and demands that Vick be the starter, and Mora Jr. couldn't stand it anymore.

Is there any truth to that?

Doom Capers
03-22-2007, 11:45 AM
Another Falcons fan here. I disagree with the original poster. When Schaub was in the game the WR's miraculously started looking good! If you guys can get some O-line to protect him Schaub will be a very good starting QB for you. I have no doubt about that.

I love your new coach. I am a huge Louisville fan and he can do great things for your team. You will never have a dull game as long as he is coaching.

VICKTMS
03-22-2007, 11:45 AM
I'll repost it.

Everybody outside of Texan fans believe Carr is a great QB, because the national media portrays this.........Poor Carr, he has no Oline or weapons around him. Its not the oline Carr has no feel for the game and not a lick of pocket presence...........which leads to alot of bad sacks

Carr is just bad, he never developed and ended up regressing. He may be good someday, but it won't be here. He will never succeed in a Texan uni.

Our Oline is not the greatest, but it is also not the worst either........the Oline gets a bad rap. Even a bad Oline doesn't explain -5 passing yards Carr had against Oakland last year..........-5 passing yards. The guy is broke, his confidence is in shambles and he may never recover.

If Carr was such a great QB, there would be teams beating down our door to trade for him............the phone hasnt rang once.

Carr had a 68% completion rating last yr. better than Manning, Brady, Palmer, and Brees. He is a beast. If your line could keep him off his back....

Nawzer
03-22-2007, 11:47 AM
I believe last season the Texans o-line played pretty well in the beginning. But then we had a rash of injuries and we lost our staring left tackle and had to play guys like Ephraim Salaam the rest of the season. Naturally the o-line struggled but so did David Carr. He was horrendous during the mid to end of the season. I know our o-line is far from perfect but it's not as bad as some people would like you to believe. When healthy our o-line is decent and can do the job. The key to our offense is running the ball so if we can't do that we're in trouble. If we run the ball effectively like we did towards the end of the season chances are we'll be in position to win games like we did against the Colts. I don't expect Matt Schaub to turn into Peyton Manning or Tom Brady right away but I think he'll definitely be an upgrade over David Carr.

VICKTMS
03-22-2007, 11:48 AM

Oh yeah guy?!?! and what game was that...the one where he lost to Philly backups?:joker:

OrangeCountyTexansFan
I sure hope Kubiak knows what he is doing. If this doesn't work out, the fans will eat him alive in two more seasons.

Doom Capers
Carr had a 68% completion rating last yr. better than Manning, Brady, Palmer, and Brees. He is a beast. If your line could keep him off his back....

Do you even watch football outside of Atlanta? His completion was so good because he threw 5 yard passes 90% of the time.

Texans Horror
03-22-2007, 11:50 AM
Here's the thing about a back-up QB coming into the game. It says a lot about Schaub's and Sage's performances, and why I don't trust them. The other team schemes for the starting quarterback. Anytime you throw a back-up quarterback in, the defense is not going to be ready. They don't know what he's going to do because they haven't studied him. He's an X-factor. However, for a back-up QB to be really good and prove himself over several games (like Romo in Dallas last season), it is harder to happen. Hopefully with Matt this is not the case, but I'm not so sure...

Carr Bombed
03-22-2007, 11:51 AM

That is the most misleading stat of all time.........he throws to RBs......thats all he ever does

Carr had 1 td pass in the last 10 games of the season.

Ive been watching this guy play for 5 seasons sunday after sunday....I know what I'm talking about you don't. You look at stat sheets and hear the same Oline excuses thats pumped out from the media......tust me when I say this.......you don't know what your taking about.

VICKTMS
03-22-2007, 11:52 AM
I believe last season the Texans o-line played pretty well in the beginning. But then we had a rash of injuries and we lost our staring left tackle and had to play guys like Ephraim Salaam the rest of the season. Naturally the o-line struggled but so did David Carr. He was horrendous during the mid to end of the season. I know our o-line is far from perfect but it's not as bad as some people would like you to believe. When healthy our o-line is decent and can do the job. The key to our offense is running the ball so if we can't do that we're in trouble. If we run the ball effectively like we did towards the end of the season chances are we'll be in position to win games like we did against the Colts. I don't expect Matt Schaub to turn into Peyton Manning or Tom Brady right away but I think he'll definitely be an upgrade over David Carr.

The run has always been a problem for you guys. D.Davis is a good running back but made of glass. Teams could blitz you guys a lot bc there is no threat of the run...A.Green will help some what, but he is not a threat for the big play. Get a receiver to help out Johnson too. All and all, we both win in this trade, but we both have a lot of the same problems. HEY, if the Saints can turn it around in one season...GOD knows we can too right!!!!:dance2: :dance2:

Nawzer
03-22-2007, 11:53 AM

You just lost a whole lot of credibility with that statement. If you knew anything about our team you would know that that number is highly misleading. He is a beast at the dumpoff pass though.

GP
03-22-2007, 11:54 AM
You lose all credibility in your argument when I see your username has VICK in it.

That's like a username of CarrIsMyHero and the guy has nothing but glowing praise for Carr. See what I mean?

You're a Vick fan. We get it.

We have Carr fans. One of them mysteriously stopped posting here as of the past day or two. Hmmm, I wonder why? Because he's a Carr fan first-and-foremost.

We're Texans fans first-and-foremost.

The other guys got it right: Schaub comes into the game and suddenly the WRs are plucking balls out of the air as if time had been slowed down Matrix-style.

I've watched Vick play. It's "legs" first....then he goes to the arm. He's hard-wired to run first, and his passing game suffers for it. Shut down the run, you shut down Vick. Granted, I did see a few games where he passed fairly well...but I also saw a lot of games where the passing game was non-existent.

Houston might be the place that passed on Reggie Bush or Vince Young, but the Falcons are the team that trades away its backup QBs so they can go to other teams (Green Bay and Houston) and contribute mightily.

Congrats on the extra draft picks. You'll need them to give Vick some more training wheels to keep the bicycle upright.

Mr. White
03-22-2007, 11:55 AM
Oh yeah guy?!?! and what game was that...the one where he lost to Philly backups?:joker:

Good luck with Vick.

You guys are in the same boat that we were in last year with Carr. A new coach comes in and has to keep the owner's man-crush around if he wants the job. Then he has to give the guy a vote of confidence by eliminating his competition.

McKay would be wise to take a QB with that #8.

hadaad
03-22-2007, 11:55 AM
Vick to ruin? I know you probably don't watch Falcons games, but before you hate on Vick, research a little about what receiving corp dropped..DROPPED, the most balls last season. Can you even name any of our receivers, except Crumpler. No, bc they suck and so does Peerless Price and Ashley Lelie! Just listen to what the analysts say about the great peerless...he sucks. Vick has to throw to a bunch of 3rd receivers. If a TE is your #1 receiver, something is wrong. We will still punish you guys this season..hahaha Cant wait to sack Schaub and pick him off 2-3 times. Not being a jerk, but its true. Good luck though, and thanks for the picks and the swap...now we can surely get Joe Thomas, Calvin Johnson, Adam Carriker, Levy Brown, or god forbid LANDRY(he will pick Schaub twice I promise you!):dance2: :dance2:

Didn't you guys get Roddy White? I thought he was supposed to be really good. And wasn't there a Jenkins that everybody thought you stole?

The Pencil Neck
03-22-2007, 11:57 AM

He had a 68% completion percentage throwing a bunch of dump offs. There were lots of times he had guys open down the field and he went to the easy 1 yard throw instead.

How many of our games have you watched? I've watched almost every one for the past 5 years. And last year, I watched every game at least twice (except 1 that I could only watch once). A lot of our sacks were Carr sacking himself. Blaming the o-line has been very popular but it's just not true. Our o-line is a little below average but it's not the worst line ever and a good mobile QB should be able to work with it. If you drop back on a 3 step drop and you don't drop back consistently to the same place and you don't make your reads and get rid of the ball on time and you double clutch, it's on you if you get sacked.

VICKTMS
03-22-2007, 11:57 AM
That is the most misleading stat of all time.........he through to RBs......thats all he ever does

Carr had 1 td pass in the last 10 games of the season.

Ive been watching this guy play for 5 seasons sunday after sunday....I know what I'm talking about you don't. You look at stat sheets and hear the same Oline excuses thats pumped out from the media......tust me when I say this.......you don't know what your taking about.

Nothing wrong with throwing to RBs in the flast or anywhere else...get some better receivers for the guy to throw to... On the flip side of that coin, don't claim you know anything about Vick in ATL. He is an awesome qb, capable of winning games by himself!!! All this trade did was give you a younger, less battered Carr. And he is less mobile, which will mean...drum roll...MORE SACKS, if that is even possible! 250 in 5 yrs...damn! Who are you guys targeting in the draft? Why would anyone want Brady Quinn over Schaub, Carr, or any of the other proven NFL qbs???

TexansCM
03-22-2007, 11:58 AM
Here's the thing about a back-up QB coming into the game. It says a lot about Schaub's and Sage's performances, and why I don't trust them. The other team schemes for the starting quarterback. Anytime you throw a back-up quarterback in, the defense is not going to be ready. They don't know what he's going to do because they haven't studied him. He's an X-factor. However, for a back-up QB to be really good and prove himself over several games (like Romo in Dallas last season), it is harder to happen. Hopefully with Matt this is not the case, but I'm not so sure...

There is also the pressure of being number 1. What does the backup have to lose if he doesn't lead the team to wins right away when the starter is out.

The Schaub deal is a good move in my book, except for the second #2 ( I would have liked to see it be a #3 or a conditional #2), but the Texans still need to address the Oline and get a second target in the WR corps.

ROCKY
03-22-2007, 11:58 AM
What a surprise a Vick lover is here to tell us that matt is'nt the answer. This was eerily similar to a carr lover post. I am not swayed one bit by this propaganda. Enjoy your horrible QB and start working on next years excuse.

Cause we are doing something that y'all obviously cant do in Atlanta, were movin on!

Maddict5
03-22-2007, 11:59 AM
David Carr is a great qb, better than Schaub I say.

and BAM!!! proof you never watch DC play

Carr had a 68% completion rating last yr. better than Manning, Brady, Palmer, and Brees. He is a beast.

i did literally laugh when i saw this...its like a post a carr 'hater' would make to take the piss out of a carr 'homer'

trublu

I don't dispute any of your post, but how do you know that there is nobody calling? Just curious.

Nobody on this mb ever thought that Schaub was even being persued by the Texans; heck everyone was told the Texans were trying to get picks not give them away, Yet here we are.

I think the Texans have been making a deal to move Carr all along but were not going to pull the trigger until they had a viable option at QB. Now they do and I expect Carr to be moved soon. Just a hunch, no more concrete than your assumption that no one is calling.

hadaad
That is the most misleading stat of all time.........he through to RBs......thats all he ever does

Last I heard, Andre Johnson led the league with over 100 receptions. I'd say it's a bit of a stretch to say that he only ever throws to RBs. Unless you're saying that AJ caught all those balls in that Tennessee game that should have sent Sage to the pro-bowl.

HuttoKarl
03-22-2007, 12:00 PM

I've seen plenty of Falcons games and Vick's a run-first, throw if need-be type QB. He's had a plethora of recieving talent hand-picked for him and none of them have worked out. There's more to it than none of them being able to catch.

Mr. White
03-22-2007, 12:01 PM
LMAO at how Vick homers are also Carr homers.

I know your future.:fortune:

VICKTMS
03-22-2007, 12:01 PM
You lose all credibility in your argument when I see your username has VICK in it.

That's like a username of CarrIsMyHero and the guy has nothing but glowing praise for Carr. See what I mean?

We have Carr fans. One of them mysteriously stopped posting here as of the past day or two. Hmmm, I wonder why? Because he's a Carr fan first-and-foremost.

The other guys got it right: Schaub comes into the game and suddenly the WRs are plucking balls out of the air as if time had been slowed down Matrix-style.

I've watched Vick play. It's "legs" first....then he goes to the arm. He's hard-wired to run first, and his passing game suffers for it. Shut down the run, you shut down Vick. Granted, I did see a few games where he passed fairly well...but I also saw a lot of games where the passing game was non-existent.

Houston might be the place that passed on Reggie Bush or Vince Young, but the Falcons are the team that trades away its backup QBs so they can go to other teams (Green Bay and Houston) and contribute mightily.

Congrats on the extra draft picks. You'll need them to give Vick some more training wheels to keep the bicycle upright.

I can't wait to play you guys this yr!!!:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

So since you know how to shut down Vick, I assume your coach does too. Teams didn't shut down Vick, they shut down Mora and his stooges...now they are gone. Did you guys know Vick couldn't audible or is this news to you guys? All that is changing now...Falcons 34 Texans 13 SEE YA THERE!!!

PS...I love my Falcons son, Vick just happens to lead them:victory:

HuttoKarl
03-22-2007, 12:03 PM
I can't wait to play you guys this yr!!!:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

So since you know how to shut down Vick, I assume your coach does too. Teams didn't shut down Vick, they shut down Mora and his stooges...now they are gone. Did you guys know Vick couldn't audible or is this news to you guys? All that is changing now...Falcons 34 Texans 13 SEE YA THERE!!!

PS...I love my Falcons son, Vick just happens to lead them:victory:

I'd say single coverage on the WR's and TE should be enough to keep Vick from passing.

Then have DeMeco Ryans spy him all game.

Houston 24
Atlanta 17

VICKTMS
03-22-2007, 12:04 PM

HAHAHAHA What games are you talking about. You just traded away 2 2nd round picks and swapped down in the 1st for a qb that has played maybe 3 real games and thrown for 6tds and 6ints!!! You got a fantastic preseason spectacle though:victory:

Mr. White
03-22-2007, 12:05 PM
Carr to ruin? I know you probably don't watch Texans games, but before you hate on Carr, research a little about what receiving corp dropped..DROPPED, the most balls last season. Can you even name any of our receivers, except Johnson. No, bc they suck and so does Eric Moulds and Kevin Walter!

Just as I figured. This argument sounds familiar. Kinda like playing mad libs.

Like I said...I know your future.

Carr Bombed
03-22-2007, 12:06 PM
Nothing wrong with throwing to RBs in the flast or anywhere else...get some better receivers for the guy to throw to... On the flip side of that coin, don't claim you know anything about Vick in ATL. He is an awesome qb, capable of winning games by himself!!! All this trade did was give you a younger, less battered Carr. And he is less mobile, which will mean...drum roll...MORE SACKS, if that is even possible! 250 in 5 yrs...damn! Who are you guys targeting in the draft? Why would anyone want Brady Quinn over Schaub, Carr, or any of the other proven NFL qbs???

You would make yourself look alot smarter if you just stopped typing.

There is something wrong with throwing to RBs if thats all you do and what the hell do you mean get better WRs.........he has ANDRE JOHNSON and had MOULDS last year.

On the flip side of that coin, don't claim you know anything about Vick in ATL.

and this is where things get real stupid........show me where I talked about Vick, I couldn't care less about Vick.

Again Carr's sack are not just the Oline.......he has no pocket presence and runs into alot of sacks....if I could I'd trade him for a pack of cigs and a case of beer.........on second thought I would have to force a nudie mag out of the trade too, to get the horrible images of Carrs last five years out of my head.

So you can have Carr as your QB for a...

pack of cigs
case of beer and

a nudie mag

any takers

VICKTMS
03-22-2007, 12:07 PM
What a surprise a Vick lover is here to tell us that matt is'nt the answer. This was eerily similar to a carr lover post. I am not swayed one bit by this propaganda. Enjoy your horrible QB and start working on next years excuse.

Cause we are doing something that y'all obviously cant do in Atlanta, were movin on!

hahaha...see you guys next yr. All thats left is the crying my friend

PS this is all friendly trash talk by the way...I like Scaub, he should start, just not in ATL:victory:

HuttoKarl
03-22-2007, 12:12 PM
Vick has herpes.

VICKTMS
03-22-2007, 12:12 PM
I don't dispute any of your post, but how do you know that there is nobody calling? Just curious.
Nobody on this mb ever thought that Schaub was even being persued by the Texans; heck everyone was told the Texans were trying to get picks not give them away, Yet here we are.

I think the Texans have been making a deal to move Carr all along but were not going to pull the trigger until they had a viable option at QB. Now they do and I expect Carr to be moved soon. Just a hunch, no more concrete than your assumption that no one is calling.

And why are you guys so excited about signing the 3rd or 4th guy you were trying to replace Carr with? Schaub wasn't your first pick. You guys went after at least 2others who went to other teams before you were like...well, how about Schaub. You guys just want a change...you dont really care who it is. But all of a sudden Matt Schaub is a GOD!!! hahaha...I hear you guys though, whatever it takes to get excited and hopeful of the upcoming yr. The first time he throws multiple interceptions, you'll be like "WTF was management thinking" :victory: :victory: :victory:

Carr Bombed
03-22-2007, 12:14 PM
Vick has herpes.

I think your confussing him with Ron Mexico..........that guy is one dirty bastard

El Amigo Invisible
03-22-2007, 12:17 PM
You show show even less class than the Reggie Bush worshipers last year.I hope the trade works out in both of our favors .

VICKTMS
03-22-2007, 12:17 PM
You would make yourself look alot smarter if you just stopped typing.

There is something wrong with throwing to RBs if thats all you do and what the hell do you mean get better WRs.........he has ANDRE JOHNSON and had MOULDS last year.

and this is where things get real stupid........show me where I talked about Vick, I couldn't care less about Vick.

Again Carr's sack are not just the Oline.......he has no pocket presence and runs into alot of sacks....if I could I'd trade him for a pack of cigs and a case of beer.........on second thought I would have to force a nudie mag out of the trade too, to get the horrible images of Carrs last five years out of my head.

So you can have Carr as your QB for a...

pack of cigs
case of beer and

a nudie mag

any takers

Yeah, cause Moulds is awesome!!!! You have one good receiver, who I think had a good yr. He's no Owens or Moss in his prime...or even Joe"been doin it fo yrs" Horn. When we use your 2nd to go get C. Johnson we will destoy you next yr. and say thank you!!!:victory: :dance2:

VICKTMS
03-22-2007, 12:19 PM
Vick has herpes.

THAT HE DOES MY FRIEND, THAT HE DOES:this:

Carr Bombed
03-22-2007, 12:22 PM
Yeah, cause Moulds is awesome!!!! You have one good receiver, who I think had a good yr. He's no Owens or Moss in his prime...or even Joe"been doin it fo yrs" Horn. When we use your 2nd to go get C. Johnson we will destoy you next yr. and say thank you!!!:victory: :dance2:

Moulds is a perfect #2 reciever and Andre Johnson is a all pro probowler.....who has put up good #s despite poor QB play, he'll be one of the best in the league with a capable QB.

You can't have #1 recievers all over the field.......Carr had plenty of talent at that position. We even gave him the best pass catching rookie TE in the league last year.

Your not getting C. Johnson so you might as well get that pipe dream out of your head. He will most likely go to Tampa and destroy YOU 2x a year.......good luck with that.

trublu
03-22-2007, 12:23 PM
And why are you guys so excited about signing the 3rd or 4th guy you were trying to replace Carr with? Schaub wasn't your first pick. You guys went after at least 2others who went to other teams before you were like...well, how about Schaub.

I know you get your Texans info from Espn and your local newspaper, but you should really avoid making comments of things you know little about.:confused:

VICKTMS
03-22-2007, 12:29 PM
I know you get your Texans info from Espn and your local newspaper, but you should really avoid making comments of things you know little about.:confused:

Oh yeah...so you've got a direct line to Texans management??? hahahaha:yahoo:

HuttoKarl
03-22-2007, 12:32 PM
Oh yeah...so you've got a direct line to Texans management??? hahahaha:yahoo:

you do?

VICKTMS
03-22-2007, 12:36 PM
you do?

check nfl.com, cbssportline, espn, foxsports....Schaub was not your #1 choice! Good luck though...YOU WILL LOSE VERY BADLY NEXT YR AGAINST THE FALCONS!!!!! I cant wait to hear you guys then. You guys would be excited if you traded for Bledsoe...your team just got better, but your so bad it doesn't matter. And then you give a better team your higher draft pick...so you really got nothing for being so bad this yr. And hopefully history repeats itself and your bad again so next yrs. 2nd will be high too!!!!:dance2: :dance2: :dance2:

charlestonchad
03-22-2007, 12:36 PM
vick has had more than enough talent around him. good line, good backfield, good enough receivers, good defense. he's not on some awful team, there are far worse situations for a QB to be in.

I didn't want to make this into a Vick thread, but come on man, your post is just foolish. The falcons have one of the worst pass blocking lines in the league. That point is not debatable. We are well known for having one of if not the worst recieving corps in the league. And our defense is known to completely collapse late in the season. We let the panthers run the same play 9 times in a row on us, everytime for a gain.

We do have an amazing run game, because we have Dunn and Norwood. They are great RB's outside of the redzone. But we don't have the power at the o-line to push them through the redzone. The result was us paying Dunn 5mil a year to score 4 TD's all season.

The Falcons are rebuilding. We need these picks to snag prospects at FS, OL, and DE. We might even try to go for Calvin Johnson. Our coaching staff has said they are committed to getting the players in there to help Vick win.

I've read different teams MB's, and everyone says the same things about Vick, which is what they hear others say. They don't watch Falcons games or even follow Vick more than what they see on sportscenter. I'm a Vick apologists today b/c he's probably the most hated on player in the league. I think that if we get him protection from the line, and he doesn't improve passing this season, then we might want to start looking at other options, but no matter what Schuab was too valuable to let him go for free if Vick had a good season in 07.

VICKTMS
03-22-2007, 12:42 PM
I didn't want to make this into a Vick thread, but come on man, your post is just foolish. The falcons have one of the worst pass blocking lines in the league. That point is not debatable. We are well known for having one of if not the worst recieving corps in the league. And our defense is known to completely collapse late in the season. We let the panthers run the same play 9 times in a row on us, everytime for a gain.

We do have an amazing run game, because we have Dunn and Norwood. They are great RB's outside of the redzone. But we don't have the power at the o-line to push them through the redzone. The result was us paying Dunn 5mil a year to score 4 TD's all season.

The Falcons are rebuilding. We need these picks to snag prospects at FS, OL, and DE. We might even try to go for Calvin Johnson. Our coaching staff has said they are committed to getting the players in there to help Vick win.

I've read different teams MB's, and everyone says the same things about Vick, which is what they hear others say. They don't watch Falcons games or even follow Vick more than what they see on sportscenter. I'm a Vick apologists today b/c he's probably the most hated on player in the league. I think that if we get him protection from the line, and he doesn't improve passing this season, then we might want to start looking at other options, but no matter what Schuab was too valuable to let him go for free if Vick had a good season in 07.

THANK YOU FELLOW FALCON FAITHFUL!!! All these cats do is hate on Vick and say he has talent around him. Our #1 receiver is a TE...come on man. Most college teams have bigger olines! People act like its impossible for a #1 pick to be a bust(Roddy=Ryan Leaf) Our coaching staff sucked, hence Mora is now an assistant! Petrino plays smash mouth spread the defense offense. Emphasis on the run!!! Vick will not be running nearly as much bc he will not HAVE to. We will be mixing up schemes, throwing deep, in the flats, everywhere my friends! And our running game will consist of a 3 headed monster in Dunn, Norwood, and a big back to be named later. So good luck against us next yr. Houston...we've got a special hello for Matt when we see him!

Steve_Bartkowski
03-22-2007, 01:02 PM
Question for ATL fans:

Is the Schaub/Vick situation one of the reasons Mora Jr. left?

Seems like Mora Jr. might have forced his hand with Blank by saying he wanted Schaub as the starter.

I'm reading between the lines from all the things I hear from you guys, the recent and sudden rift between Mora Jr. and Blank, Daddy Mora who seems to be parroting what Mora Jr. might be "feeling" about Vick, etc.

Just seems to me that Mora Jr. was ousted over the QB situation. Blank is defiant and demands that Vick be the starter, and Mora Jr. couldn't stand it anymore.

Is there any truth to that?

Nobody knows exactly what went on behind the scenes but I can say this. Blank was in love with Vick (not so sure how much he is now). After a season where we made it deep into the playoffs, we offered Vick a ridiculously huge contract (bigger than Peyton Manning's contract) and since that time we have been 7-9 2 seasons in a row. Now we are completely handcuffed to Vick's contract so Schaub had no chance to be the starter in ATL. I am glad that Schaub is getting this opportunity and I will be rooting for him (unless he plays us) and I hope he has great success in Houston. I have no doubt that if you give him some O-line protection he will be a great QB for you.

Wharton
03-22-2007, 02:14 PM
91% approval rating.

Atlanta Falcons Message Board Pole (http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/index.php?showtopic=236895)

The Pencil Neck
03-22-2007, 02:28 PM
A trade can be good for both teams. They're losing a guy that wasn't playing for them and getting some good draft picks. We're getting a QB that should be an upgrade on what we had last year. Win-win.

Petrino is basically doing the same thing that Kubiak did last year: showing support for the incumbent. Petrino did it by getting rid of Vick's competition; Kubiak/McNair did it with money. But if Vick flounders, then Petrino could be in a position to get Brohm next year.

FalconBeast
03-22-2007, 03:19 PM
please ignore the "Vick lovers", especially if they are here to offend you. Many (not all, but many) of those people are not Falcons fans, some of them obviously are not even football fans.

simple rule: put everyone on ignore who has Vick in his username... that is the way I do it on the Falcons forum and it works here as well ;)

Ole Miss Texan
03-22-2007, 03:34 PM
I hope this trade works out for both teams. It def. works out for atlanta becuase schaub would never see playing time there. he should have but vicks contract was ridiculous.

Of all the QB's we could have gotten Schaub was the guy I and a lot of Texans fans wanted the most. The only reason why he was 4th on the list like you say is because the other guys ie plummer garcia,,etc were all FA's and we wouldn't have to give up picks. Schaub had to sit backseat to them because he was restricted FA...we had to give up picks.

we still got him and i'm happy. hope he brings good things to texas!!

Iowahorse
03-22-2007, 03:58 PM
Nobody knows exactly what went on behind the scenes but I can say this. Blank was in love with Vick (not so sure how much he is now). After a season where we made it deep into the playoffs, we offered Vick a ridiculously huge contract (bigger than Peyton Manning's contract) and since that time we have been 7-9 2 seasons in a row. Now we are completely handcuffed to Vick's contract so Schaub had no chance to be the starter in ATL. I am glad that Schaub is getting this opportunity and I will be rooting for him (unless he plays us) and I hope he has great success in Houston. I have no doubt that if you give him some O-line protection he will be a great QB for you.

That's about the size of it. Plus Vick IS still a better fit for Petrino's power spread offense, and Schaub is much more suited to a WCO system.

Dime
03-22-2007, 04:10 PM
please ignore the "Vick lovers", especially if they are here to offend you. Many (not all, but many) of those people are not Falcons fans, some of them obviously are not even football fans.

simple rule: put everyone on ignore who has Vick in his username... that is the way I do it on the Falcons forum and it works here as well ;)

We have that problem too. We have some awesome posters, good posters, decent poster, off the wall poster, WTF posters, and a few down right Insaine posters. Heck, we even have posters related to players, posters related to posters, and some posters you would swear marry within thier family. After reading from one to five of thier posts, you can probably find out which is which.

done88
03-22-2007, 04:39 PM
I hope this trade works out for both teams. It def. works out for atlanta becuase schaub would never see playing time there. he should have but vicks contract was ridiculous.

Of all the QB's we could have gotten Schaub was the guy I and a lot of Texans fans wanted the most. The only reason why he was 4th on the list like you say is because the other guys ie plummer garcia,,etc were all FA's and we wouldn't have to give up picks. Schaub had to sit backseat to them because he was restricted FA...we had to give up picks.

we still got him and i'm happy. hope he brings good things to texas!!

I would not go as far as to say he was the 4th or 5th pick. The Texans could have given up a fifth to get Plummer. The could have given Garcia much less then 8 mil a year. All Ramsey need was a guarntee he was going to start. They would not give one of those to any one of those guys. However they gave all 3 of those things to Matt. I don't know where he was on the list compared to Brady or Russell. However I can guarentee he was higher the Plummer, Garcia, and Ramsey.

cuppacoffee
03-22-2007, 05:17 PM

True that. But there is always a poster or two who think that their opinions are facts.

I don't frequent other teams message boards, but I presume this type lives on all message boards.

:coffee:

powerfuldragon
03-22-2007, 05:21 PM
I didn't want to make this into a Vick thread, but come on man, your post is just foolish. The falcons have one of the worst pass blocking lines in the league. That point is not debatable.
you're preaching to the choir.

cuppacoffee
03-22-2007, 05:27 PM

And according to todays press conference you are probably right on.

Smith said Carr will be gone in a day or two.

the wonger need food
03-22-2007, 05:49 PM
This is the best quote that I've seen from a Falcon fan.....

"It's a monumental day in Falcon history. We haven't seen a day like this since Brett Favre was given to the Packers..."

AlgeCrumpler
03-22-2007, 07:18 PM
I think this was a very good trade for both teams.

A) Good for Falcons because Vick is making 21M a year and will never sit the bench, so we might as well get some players for Schaub. We were going to lose him next year anyway, because as a FA at least half the teams in the league would want him.

B) Good for the Texans, because Matt Schaub is a total badass. By badass I mean he is going to be a great QB.

The reasons Matt Schaub is awesome, and the reason that the Falcons have refused to part ways until now is as follows.

1) The guy has the physical tools. He is a very tall guy, and moves much better than you'd expect.

2) He makes great decisions and gets the ball out fast. One of the few offensive lines that sucks worse than ours is probably yours. Luckily, Schaub will take his 3 step drop and the ball will be out. He will choose the right guy to throw to and will have no problem getting it there accurately before the receiver makes his break. I can't emphaisize how important this is, because you can have the greatest arm in the world but one timely pick in the redzone can end your game.

3) Everyone likes him. He is a leader. He will stand up for his friends and teamates. His only run-in with the law is when he was protecting a friend in a bar fight.

4) You really only gave up 2 second round picks and 2 spots with your first pick in order to get him. Time will show that was definitely worth it. The QB's selected in the first and second round this year will not be as good as Schaub. He is one of those guys that just makes plays, and for the most part avoids making bad ones. I'm pretty sure you won't be able to say that about Quinn or Russell.

powerfuldragon
03-22-2007, 07:19 PM
go away, we're not the titans. :)

AlgeCrumpler
03-22-2007, 07:20 PM
go away, we're not the titans. :)

My bad! I fixed it.

powerfuldragon
03-22-2007, 07:22 PM
My bad! I fixed it.

:D no problem.

Errant Hothy
03-22-2007, 07:29 PM
My bad! I fixed it.

Lucky you didn't get flamed to death for that.

Thanks for the info...hope you're right.

Bongo59
03-22-2007, 07:53 PM
This move makes passing on VY last yr even worse. Paying 48 mil for this guy is insanity. What they gave up was also crazy but this is the Houston Texans. They have a propensity to make head scratchering moves. Falcons stole this trade. I dont see much of an upgrade from Carr. And the OL is still bad. That problem has never been addressed by this FO ever.

awtysst
03-22-2007, 07:59 PM
This move makes passing on VY last yr even worse. Paying 48 mil for this guy is insanity. What they gave up was also crazy but this is the Houston Texans. They have a propensity to make head scratchering moves. Falcons stole this trade. I dont see much of an upgrade from Carr. And the OL is still bad. That problem has never been addressed by this FO ever.

He wont see 48. The guranteed is 7 mill.

kiwitexansfan
03-22-2007, 08:00 PM
3) Everyone likes him. He is a leader. He will stand up for his friends and teamates. His only run-in with the law is when he was protecting a friend in a bar fight.

This is thing I really like to hear.

Carr had lost the team, time for Schaub to give them some faith.

I also love the story about the bar fight.

Thanks for the contribution.

AtheGreat
03-22-2007, 08:21 PM
always glad to hear some love for our newest player. all this whining about him was getting me depressed. :dance2:

Ole Miss Texan
03-22-2007, 08:28 PM
thanks for the info..always good to learn what our franchise QB is like!! lol.

i disagree slightly with an earlier post. I like that schaub is only guaranteed 7 million..but. I think he's going to be our franchise qb for a while. If we end up getting rid of him in the next 3 years, it's going to look real bad with us giving up 2 2nds to get him....wouldn't be the first time! lol.

Erratic Assassin
03-22-2007, 08:48 PM
it's going to look real bad with us giving up 2 2nds to get him....wouldn't be the first time! lol.

We have so many holes on this team that we're not in a position to giving up picks. We act like we're stacked with talent and can just give up extra picks every year.

The Patriots and Colts might be able to get away with that but we can't.

Please_Evolve
03-22-2007, 08:50 PM
thanks for the info..always good to learn what our franchise QB is like!! lol.

i disagree slightly with an earlier post. I like that schaub is only guaranteed 7 million..but. I think he's going to be our franchise qb for a while. If we end up getting rid of him in the next 3 years, it's going to look real bad with us giving up 2 2nds to get him....wouldn't be the first time! lol.

Agreed partially. The guaranteed money part is good. But the biggest kicker when looking at the contract is the 4th year buy in. If he hasn't lit up the league in 3 years we have that out. People are dooming and glooming this already.

Ole Miss Texan
03-22-2007, 08:52 PM
We have so many holes on this team that we're not in a position to giving up picks. We act like we're stacked with talent and can just give up extra picks every year.

The Patriots and Colts might be able to get away with that but we can't.

it depends on what we get for carr. i'm not expecting a 2nd round pick though.

really all we gave up IN A WAY was our 2nd round pick next year.

we still have the #10 overall pick in the draft 1st round!! don't have to use it on a QB.

chances are we'd have taken a QB somewhere on the 1st day...so just think of it as we selected schaub in the 2nd round.

next years pick was given away for "nothing". to me this isn't as bad as i first thought....but definitly agree we don't need to be getting rid of any 1st day picks in particular. I was vastly against a trade up scenario involving us getting rid of draft picks....thank God that aint happenin.

Navy_Chris
03-22-2007, 08:53 PM
it depends on what we get for carr. i'm not expecting a 2nd round pick though.

really all we gave up IN A WAY was our 2nd round pick next year.

we still have the #10 overall pick in the draft 1st round!! don't have to use it on a QB.

chances are we'd have taken a QB somewhere on the 1st day...so just think of it as we selected schaub in the 2nd round.

next years pick was given away for "nothing". to me this isn't as bad as i first thought....but definitly agree we don't need to be getting rid of any 1st day picks in particular. I was vastly against a trade up scenario involving us getting rid of draft picks....thank God that aint happenin.

no team will trade a draft pick for DC knowing they can get him much cheaper than $5.5M when/if he's released. I can see us trading him for another player, but not a draft pick.

titan hater
03-22-2007, 09:26 PM

VY is not here...please let it go!!!

Hardcore Texan
03-22-2007, 09:28 PM
Only time will tell, let's give him a chance, I think he will do well here, he is familiar with the WCO.

Tulip
03-22-2007, 09:34 PM
The QB's selected in the first and second round this year will not be as good as Schaub.

That's what I've come to realize over the past 24 hours, which makes giving up this year's #2 very easy to swallow. Even if someone were to argue that Quinn or Russell may be better, they can't convince me that either one would be available at #8 anyway.

Thanks for dropping by and giving some Falcons fan perspective.

The Pencil Neck
03-22-2007, 09:52 PM
That's what I've come to realize over the past 24 hours, which makes giving up this year's #2 very easy to swallow. Even if someone were to argue that Quinn or Russell may be better, they can't convince me that either one would be available at #8 anyway.

Thanks for dropping by and giving some Falcons fan perspective.

And think about this, if we were to take a QB in the late first/early second round this year, who would we take? Stanton, Kolb, Beck? I think Schaub is at lesat as good as those guys and probably a WHOLE lot better. And he's had a few years to learn, it's like he's a pre-cooked Pennington/Palmer.

We get to use our top 10 pick on a position other than QB and still get a good QB.

Pantherstang84
03-22-2007, 09:59 PM
VY is not here...please let it go!!!

Thank you. Rep coming your way.

We need to to start hounding the VY fans. They have a web site...

www.titansonline.com

sk8termom
03-22-2007, 10:16 PM
Only time will tell, let's give him a chance, I think he will do well here, he is familiar with the WCO.

I totally agree with you. I think that Schaub is going to be an upgrade over Carr. I hope the Texans draft some OL to help protect Schaub now!

texan09
03-22-2007, 10:20 PM
i also think shcaub will be a good qb for us, better draft andre johnson really early in your fantasy drafts next year!!!!!!!!!!!

Hervoyel
03-22-2007, 10:24 PM
go away, we're not the titans.

My bad! I fixed it.

Now Bongo on the other hand IS a Titan....

Bongo59
03-23-2007, 12:05 AM
you wont find a Texan fan willing to admit they got swindled again because any QB is an upgrade since they got Carr.............but two two's and a 21 pick for a guy who has a 53% completion % is nuts. Bob McNair is going down as the sorse owner in the league if he does not regain control of this team. I just can not fathom giving up that much for a guy less proven than Billy Volek. Astounding really that anyone can defend it. Schaub will have to be a lights out to justify it. I still cant fathom it.

The Pencil Neck
03-23-2007, 12:58 AM
you wont find a Texan fan willing to admit they got swindled again because any QB is an upgrade since they got Carr.............but two two's and a 21 pick for a guy who has a 53% completion % is nuts. Bob McNair is going down as the sorse owner in the league if he does not regain control of this team. I just can not fathom giving up that much for a guy less proven than Billy Volek. Astounding really that anyone can defend it. Schaub will have to be a lights out to justify it. I still cant fathom it.

What are you talking about "two two's and a 21"? If you add up the points, it's just a 21 pick, not two 2's and a 21. And besides, we're going to be so successful next year that our 2 pick is going to be almost a 3. :)

edo783
03-23-2007, 02:07 AM
IMO, we very likely gave too much for him, but if he works out (I think it's very likely he will) and we get good play from the QB position and win, all will be forgiven for giving up the picks. If we continue to lose and/or he plays poorly........we will have officially become the LIONS. About as poorly run a club as it gets. Make no mistake about this, RS and Kubes have both put most/all of their chips in the middle of the Schaub table.

LBC_Justin
03-23-2007, 06:42 AM

53% - your basing your whole argument on stats from 2 1/2 games?

Well lets extrapolate all of his stats from those 2 1/2 games to a full 16 game season.

6 TDs = 38 Touchdowns on the season (one of the best of all-time)
6 INTs = 38 Interceptions (crushing the Record)
1033 = 6611 passing yards(crushing Dan Marino's Record)
123 = 787 rushing yards (amazing)
84 = 538 completions (crushing Warren Moon's Record)

ok I could go on but I think we all get the point. 2 1/2 games doesn't paint an accurate picture and using those stats in any argument is crazy talk.

This is a wait and see. Bottom line, we almost all agree Carr was not the answer.

The Red Storm
03-23-2007, 09:35 AM
Hi all Texans fans.
I dropped by to let you know that you got yourself a good QB in Matt. The only reason he didn't start in Atlanta was because Vick was a marketing tool that made Mr. Blank a ton of cash. Matt was by far the Superior QB in the passing game and leadership. He is also a lot more mobile than the press wants to give him credit for. This is a move that I don't feel your team will regret. Now I will be watching some Texan's games to see how well Matt performs as the full time starter, I wish him the best.

FalconMadness
03-23-2007, 09:36 AM
Another Falcons fan here..

Just wanted to tell you guys not to pay much attention to the Vick "huggers" that come on here and try to talk trash. They tend to be mildy racist towards white QB's, and overall extremely annoying. I'm a Vick fan myself, but at least I understand the guy isn't above criticism.

Anyway, congratulations on getting Schaub. I think you guys are going to be pleasantly surprised with him. He definitely has one of the qualities I like in a QB, in that he can predict how plays will develop. His intelligence and accuracy seem to be his strong points. Also, while he may not have Vick's legs, I do believe he is very mobile for his size. Lastly, he will be competitive and be a good leader for your team.

Overall, I'm pretty excited to see how things go. It's definitely going to be fun to watch Schaub progress with you guys.. I wish you all luck for this coming season and in the future.

Well.. except for when you play the Falcons ;)

WaywardTexanFan
03-23-2007, 09:43 AM
Thanks for the input. Hope you have Sunday Ticket from Direct TV

Exithios
03-23-2007, 09:45 AM
Hi all Texans fans.
I dropped by to let you know that you got yourself a good QB in Matt. The only reason he didn't start in Atlanta was because Vick was a marketing tool that made Mr. Blank a ton of cash. Matt was by far the Superior QB in the passing game and leadership. He is also a lot more mobile than the press wants to give him credit for. This is a move that I don't feel your team will regret. Now I will be watching some Texan's games to see how well Matt performs as the full time starter, I wish him the best.

Thanks for your input, with rare NFL footage on Schaub, any information from the Atlanta fans is welcomed. Let's hope for an Atlanta vs. Houston game in 07!

The Red Storm
03-23-2007, 09:45 AM
Another Falcons fan here..

Just wanted to tell you guys not to pay much attention to the Vick "huggers" that come on here and try to talk trash. They tend to be mildy racist towards white QB's, and overall extremely annoying. I'm a Vick fan myself, but at least I understand the guy isn't above criticism.

Anyway, congratulations on getting Schaub. I think you guys are going to be pleasantly surprised with him. He definitely has one of the qualities I like in a QB, in that he can predict how plays will develop. His intelligence and accuracy seem to be his strong points. Also, while he may not have Vick's legs, I do believe he is very mobile for his size. Lastly, he will be competitive and be a good leader for your team.

Overall, I'm pretty excited to see how things go. It's definitely going to be fun to watch Schaub progress with you guys.. I wish you all luck for this coming season and in the future.

Well.. except for when you play the Falcons ;)

Very well said, this is the most accurate post I have read in this whole thread. You can take this post to heart Texans.

Pantherstang84
03-23-2007, 09:47 AM
Hi all Texans fans.

Just responding to the title of the thread...

We know.

I watched every clip available on the net. I watched clips of him on NFL Total Access.

Things are looking up in H Town.

The Red Storm
03-23-2007, 09:48 AM
Thanks for the input. Hope you have Sunday Ticket from Direct TV

I had Sunday ticket the last two seasons but cancelled it in February this year because they kept showing all of the Falcons games on television. Now I will be getting Sunday Ticket going in so I can see him. It will be well worth the price of Sunday Ticket to watch him play.

kfranco_utexas
03-23-2007, 10:20 AM
Absolutely, #7 also sounds great to me!

No more #8s for the city of Houston, ever. It's dead to us.

YES!!!!!!:yahoo:

kfranco_utexas
03-23-2007, 10:29 AM
I am beginning to have faith in the TEXANS!!!!!

:snobord: :yahoo: :yahoo:

4Texans
03-23-2007, 10:51 AM
I had Sunday ticket the last two seasons but cancelled it in February this year because they kept showing all of the Falcons games on television. Now I will be getting Sunday Ticket going in so I can see him. It will be well worth the price of Sunday Ticket to watch him play.

Thanks for the input. That's a confidence builder when people say they will pay to see someone play.

falconfanatic365
03-23-2007, 06:43 PM
I keep reading on your boards about how you overpaid or how Schaub is unproven. Do not look at Schaub's overall stats. Look at games he played more than a quarter. Michael Vick went down a few times in the closing minutes of a game where winning was a miracle short of happening. Enter Matt Schaub. Schaub never tried to dump the ball off against a prevent defense that would guarantee a loss but pad his stats for when it was time to be a free agent or be traded. Every single time I watched him come in he played to win and not for stats. He'd have to throw it into deep coverage and what was amazing to me was how many times he completed it and his calm but hurried demeanor. He made good decisions, got the ball out quickly, and delivered it with accuracy. That's why every time he came into the game the crowd went nuts.
Many fans in Atlanta who were more than casual fans would have rather seen Schaub the starter than Vick. I'm not sure that the Falcons front office felt any different. However, when your current starter has only completed two years out of the ten year 137 million dollar contract it is IMPOSSIBLE to cut or trade him because the signing bonus and guaranteed portion of the salary cap would have accelerated into the current year. Our only option would have been to bench him for a couple years and then sign Schaub also to starter money. The fact is Vick is a good but not great quarterback in terms of finding ways to win so that was never going to happen. I don't understand why the press doesn't talk more about that.
Everyone loves to talk about how bad the Falcons offensive line(Vick was the second most sacked behind Carr for a while) was and how poor Vick never had time to get the ball out and when he did his receivers didn't catch it. Well how in the world did Schaub become the most prestigious backup in the NFL behind the same line and throwing to the same receivers.
Through three seasons Schaub earned the nickname, "Mr. Preseason"In his rookie preseason he was by far the best rookie quarterback in a class that included Eli Manning, Ben Roethlisberger, Philip Rivers, and JP Losman. All four were chosen in front of him and none of them came close to his production. If you want to research regular season stats that should count research these:

Last two games of his rookie year were Atlanta had clinched the #2 seed in the NFC. These meaningless games featured the Falcons backups vs. the opposing teams first string for the most part.

This was his worst game by far. Against New Orleans in his first start:
Att Comp Pct Yds TD Int Rate Sac Yds Att Yds Avg Lg TD Fum Rec
41 17 41.5 188 0 2 35.4 3 14 4 21 5.3 11 0 1 0

The next game against Seattle he didn't start because the Falcons had a bye week and Mora didn't want Vick rusty so the starters played for what I believe was a half. I can't remember but this is close.

22 14 63.6 133 1 1 76.5 1 0 2 7 3.5 8 0 0 0

The only start Schuab saw not in his rookie year. What a game. He ripped New England apart but unfortunately Brady returned the favor. The next year defensive coordinator Eric Mangini becomes the Jets head coach and aggressively seeks Schuab in trade with John Abraham. The Falcons refuse because they knew they could keep him one more year and trade him this year. So the Falcons instead traded down their 15th overall draft pick with Denver to get a late first round pick for the trade.

34 18 52.9 298 3 0 112.1 3 14 2 3 1.5 2 0 0 0

Probably shouldn't count this game either since I didn't count other mop up duty but he mopped up well. This game was way out of hand before he went in. They were down by like 35 in the 4th quarter or something silly like that so maybe he didn't play as desperately as other times in mop up duty. I was sitting on the 50 yard line in the lower level when he came in and the place went NUTS with cheers.

13 9 69.2 110 1 0 120.7 2 12 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0

His final game in a Falcon uniform. He played against the Eagles backups once Vick got hurt and did pretty good but again came in from behind. Not his best game but still did pretty decent.

21 15 71.4 175 1 1 92.4 2 8 2 21 10.5 19 0 0 0

Anyways, if me going through the trouble of writing all this doesn't show the amount of support the die hard Falcons fans had for Schuab then you just have a bad attitude and would fit in well with some of the casual fans who just like to be negative. Matt Schaub still doesn't have tons of experience but nearly every single time he's been called on to produce he's done a good job. Falcons fans are already talking about how this may be the next great QB after Favre that we let get away. Unfortunately Vicks contract gave us no choice. So....that being said here's to the Houston Texans. May your team go 0-16 next year and get the first overall selection in the second round and it be the defense's fault. Two years from now may you make it to the Super Bowl every year Schuab is a Texan and lose to the Falcons....good luck

Bullpen Drew
03-23-2007, 06:46 PM
all we can do is hope now...

falconfanatic365
03-23-2007, 06:57 PM
I keep reading on your boards about how you overpaid or how Schaub is unproven. Do not look at Schaub's overall stats. Look at games he played more than a quarter. Michael Vick went down a few times in the closing minutes of a game where winning was a miracle short of happening. Enter Matt Schaub. Schaub never tried to dump the ball off against a prevent defense that would guarantee a loss but pad his stats for when it was time to be a free agent or be traded. Every single time I watched him come in he played to win and not for stats. He'd have to throw it into deep coverage and what was amazing to me was how many times he completed it and his calm but hurried demeanor. He made good decisions, got the ball out quickly, and delivered it with accuracy. That's why every time he came into the game the crowd went nuts.
Many fans in Atlanta who were more than casual fans would have rather seen Schaub the starter than Vick. I'm not sure that the Falcons front office felt any different. However, when your current starter has only completed two years out of the ten year 137 million dollar contract it is IMPOSSIBLE to cut or trade him because the signing bonus and guaranteed portion of the salary cap would have accelerated into the current year. Our only option would have been to bench him for a couple years and then sign Schaub also to starter money. The fact is Vick is a good but not great quarterback in terms of finding ways to win so that was never going to happen. I don't understand why the press doesn't talk more about that.
Everyone loves to talk about how bad the Falcons offensive line(Vick was the second most sacked behind Carr for a while) was and how poor Vick never had time to get the ball out and when he did his receivers didn't catch it. Well how in the world did Schaub become the most prestigious backup in the NFL behind the same line and throwing to the same receivers.
Through three seasons Schaub earned the nickname, "Mr. Preseason"In his rookie preseason he was by far the best rookie quarterback in a class that included Eli Manning, Ben Roethlisberger, Philip Rivers, and JP Losman. All four were chosen in front of him and none of them came close to his production. If you want to research regular season stats that should count research these:

Last two games of his rookie year were Atlanta had clinched the #2 seed in the NFC. These meaningless games featured the Falcons backups vs. the opposing teams first string for the most part.

This was his worst game by far. Against New Orleans in his first start:
41 17 41.5 188 0 2 35.4 3 14 4 21 5.3 11 0 1 0

The next game against Seattle he didn't start because the Falcons had a bye week and Mora didn't want Vick rusty so the starters played for what I believe was a half. I can't remember but this is close.

22 14 63.6 133 1 1 76.5 1 0 2 7 3.5 8 0 0 0

The only start Schuab saw not in his rookie year. What a game. He ripped New England apart but unfortunately Brady returned the favor. The next year defensive coordinator Eric Mangini becomes the Jets head coach and aggressively seeks Schuab in trade with John Abraham. The Falcons refuse because they knew they could keep him one more year and trade him this year. So the Falcons instead traded down their 15th overall draft pick with Denver to get a late first round pick for the trade.

34 18 52.9 298 3 0 112.1 3 14 2 3 1.5 2 0 0 0

Probably shouldn't count this game either since I didn't count other mop up duty but he mopped up well. This game was way out of hand before he went in. They were down by like 35 in the 4th quarter or something silly like that so maybe he didn't play as desperately as other times in mop up duty. I was sitting on the 50 yard line in the lower level when he came in and the place went NUTS with cheers.

13 9 69.2 110 1 0 120.7 2 12 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0

His final game in a Falcon uniform. He played against the Eagles backups once Vick got hurt and did pretty good but again came in from behind. Not his best game but still did pretty decent.

21 15 71.4 175 1 1 92.4 2 8 2 21 10.5 19 0 0 0

Anyways, if me going through the trouble of writing all this doesn't show the amount of support the die hard Falcons fans had for Schuab then you just have a bad attitude and would fit in well with some of the casual fans who just like to be negative. Matt Schaub still doesn't have tons of experience but nearly every single time he's been called on to produce he's done a good job. Falcons fans are already talking about how this may be the next great QB after Favre that we let get away. Unfortunately Vicks contract gave us no choice. So....that being said here's to the Houston Texans. May your team go 0-16 next year and get the first overall selection in the second round and it be the defense's fault. Two years from now may you make it to the Super Bowl every year Schuab is a Texan and lose to the Falcons....good luck

Sorry, I had to double post since I was on the very bottom of page 8 and spent too much time for no one to see.

swisher
03-23-2007, 07:30 PM
Sorry, I had to double post since I was on the very bottom of page 8 and spent too much time for no one to see.

I'm glad you did. GREAT post.

Texans43
03-23-2007, 11:48 PM
I like this line from Red Storm...

"He definitely has one of the qualities I like in a QB, in that he can predict how plays will develop."

An intangible I also believe Sage posseses and Carr never had much of. What little he did have was beat out of him.

hadaad
03-24-2007, 12:31 AM
all we can do is hope now...

I disagree. We can CHEER!

hadaad
03-24-2007, 12:40 AM
I keep reading on your boards about how you overpaid or how Schaub is unproven. Do not look at Schaub's overall stats. Look at games he played more than a quarter. Michael Vick went down a few times in the closing minutes of a game where winning was a miracle short of happening. (snip snip)

That was a very interesting post. I have a really, really hard time reading those statlines when they're formatted that way and unfortunately, I'm way too lazy to import them to excel or open spreadsheet to give them the look they deserve. From what I understand, in the games he's had a chance to win in, he's done fairly well, if not necessarily spectacularly (which I don't expect in the ultra-limited time he's spent in-game or as "The Man") and the one start he got against the Patriots, he picked them apart.

I always thought that Jenkins and White (and Jenkins and White 'cuz they had MarTay and Dez as well, right?) along with Alge Crumpler and Warrick Dunn should have been enough weapons for a decent quarterback to succeed. I listened to a sunday night game with Vick and from what I understood, he was like Carr was in the Patriots game. Just lost.

I'm sorry for your loss, I'm sure that Landry will help along with the two seconds, but I'm glad we got your best quarterback.

HJam72
03-24-2007, 09:24 AM
Falconfanatic, that is just what I needed to hear. Thanks for the info. :logo:

WaywardTexanFan
03-24-2007, 01:33 PM
Falconfanatic, outstanding post!! Thank you for taking the time to do this, If I had not adopted Jason Black I would definately take Schaub. Thanks again. The excitement is back. GO TEXANS:texan:

CVTexan
03-24-2007, 02:21 PM
Great, great post! I think the board needed this.....

afcman
03-24-2007, 03:06 PM
Many fans in Atlanta who were more than casual fans would have rather seen Schaub the starter than Vick.

I bet.

UNLESS THINGS CHANGE.........I wouldn't be surprised if and when the day comes when people will look back on Vick and consider it a bust. And maybe it's not all his fault. I think he had coaches who didn't let him be who he was or could do.

Look at how Jeff Fisher has let Young do his thing and the results speak for themselves.

I'm very happy to have Schaub. He certainly impressed me when he took over for Vick. So much that I wondered if they would let him start some games....then I remembered how much they paid for Vick. :)

whiskeyrbl
03-24-2007, 03:41 PM
Excellent post Falconfanatic, much appreciated.

bulldogmaniac
03-25-2007, 12:01 PM
I am sure that you guys have had many Falcon fans here at your boards for
the past week or you have already made up your mind that the Schaub trade was either a great trade or a terrible trade.
As a long time Falcon fan I want to share my veiw of the trade.
I know that some of you think that the Texans gave up to much to aquire Schaub but truley I think that this was a good trade for both sides. Schaub will be a great Qb for the Texans. Many of the Falcon nation think that Schaub should have been our staring Qb. He is very accurate, makes good decisions and is a very smart guy. Schaub is a leader. Most Falcon players think that he commands more respect in the huddle than Vick does. He is more mobile than Carr was and until the Texans decide to fix the O line, the mobility of the Qb is very important.
So, the Texans get a young Qb with NFL experience who the can build a team around and the falcons get some much needed draft picks before loosing Schaub (next year) with no compensation.

whiskeyrbl
03-25-2007, 12:11 PM
I think it was a good trade also. The 2-2's are steep but I have faith in our GM and Kubes to trade down between 16-24 and pick up this years 2nd RD pick,as for next years... I'll think about it next year. But we will have enough cap room next year maybe moves in FA will suppliment for that pick not being there

Tulip
03-25-2007, 12:14 PM
I am sure that you guys have had many Falcon fans here at your boards for
the past week or you have already made up your mind that the Schaub trade was either a great trade or a terrible trade.
As a long time Falcon fan I want to share my veiw of the trade.
I know that some of you think that the Texans gave up to much to aquire Schaub but truley I think that this was a good trade for both sides. Schaub will be a great Qb for the Texans. Many of the Falcon nation think that Schaub should have been our staring Qb. He is very accurate, makes good decisions and is a very smart guy. Schaub is a leader. Most Falcon players think that he commands more respect in the huddle than Vick does. He is more mobile than Carr was and until the Texans decide to fix the O line, the mobility of the Qb is very important.
So, the Texans get a young Qb with NFL experience who the can build a team around and the falcons get some much needed draft picks before loosing Schaub (next year) with no compensation.

I appreciate your comments, and I also think the trade was a good one (once I got over the shock). Schaub sounds like everything our team needs in a quarterback.

I have one question for you, though. What does "fix the o-line" mean? Does that mean drafting an o-lineman with a first-round pick? Because I think that's the only thing the Texans haven't done to "fix the o-line". They've signed free agents to big (and smaller) contracts and spent several first day picks on o-lineman over the past 5 years. Carr looked the same behind each and every configuration.

thunderkyss
03-25-2007, 12:38 PM
I bet.

Look at how Jeff Fisher has let Young do his thing and the results speak for themselves.
:)

What exactly did Fischer do, that they didn't do in the ATL??

Tigger
03-25-2007, 01:24 PM
You have the QB that I wanted to lead our team. But Falcon organization and most of the fans think Vick is a God-send that he can do no wrong.

Even though some of you think you over paid for Schaub, there is no price to pay for a good starting QB in this league. From what I have seen of Schaub that is exactly what your getting. Congrats Texans and to happier times which are sure to come. As for me I'll just have to wait until the Vick era ends...

TexansSB07
03-25-2007, 01:28 PM
You have the QB that I wanted to lead our team. But Falcon organization and most of the fans think Vick is a God-send that he can do no wrong.

Even though some of you think you over paid for Schaub, there is no price to pay for a good starting QB in this league. From what I have seen of Schaub that is exactly what your getting. Congrats Texans and to happier times which are sure to come. As for me I'll just have to wait until the Vick era ends...

keep an eye on his cap hit, am betting will be soon as team can cut him for no measurable loss in money. i think with 8 Atlanta should take QB who will start in 1-2 years when Vick and his water bottle get cut/traded...good luck to you

Tigger
03-25-2007, 01:43 PM
You have to understand, Vick is seen as a God in Atlanta, he can do no wrong, there are threads on the Falcon board comparing him to Brady and Manning.

Kaiser Toro
03-25-2007, 01:45 PM
You have to understand, Vick is seen as a God in Atlanta, he can do no wrong, there are threads on the Falcon board comparing him to Brady and Manning.

Sounds familiar. Let me the guess the issue was with the offensive line and WR's dropping passes? Those seem to be the common symptoms of QB hero worship.

HoustonFrog
03-25-2007, 01:50 PM
Sounds familiar. Let me the guess the issue was with the offensive line and WR's dropping passes? Those seem to be the common symptoms of QB hero worship.

LOL..:perfect10:

Ole Miss Texan
03-25-2007, 01:55 PM

Thanks for the support Tigger! I'm really excited to have Schaub on our team. The more I think of what he brings to this team, the happier I am about the trade and that it was a good deal for both teams.

Sorry about Vick. I will say he is a very fun player to watch and makes games exciting at times. Unfortunately he's Blank's long lost Son and pretty much has an A-Rod contract. It'll be very difficult to move him. How many years left does vick have on his contract?

Anyways, good luck in the future... Should be a fun Texans at Atlanta Game next season. We get to see Schaub vs. Vick! Sounds like a lot of the Atlanta fans will be inviting of Schaub and maybe that will correlate to us fans as well. I know I'll be there!

A Texan
03-25-2007, 02:04 PM
Thanks, Tigger. Hard to feel sorry for you though. You got 2 seconds plus a 1st round bump for a player you originally spent a 3rd on. Continuing the progression maybe you can keep the two seconds for 3 yrs and get 2 1sts for each of them.:lightbulb:

Tigger
03-25-2007, 04:09 PM

Right, also forgot to add bad OC, bad play calling, bad Head Coach etc etc etc.

The biggest mistake was done by McKay our GM for giving him a 10 year contract. Of course Blank seeing the dome with people and a new interest from the fans ,helped to make that decision happen, problem is we now have to look at the football player instead of a marketing tool.

With that said I've not given up hope with Vick, the new offense being set up for him I believe will be a better fit for him.

Kaiser Toro
03-25-2007, 04:45 PM
Right, also forgot to add bad OC, bad play calling, bad Head Coach etc etc etc.

The biggest mistake was done by McKay our GM for giving him a 10 year contract. Of course Blank seeing the dome with people and a new interest from the fans ,helped to make that decision happen, problem is we now have to look at the football player instead of a marketing tool.

With that said I've not given up hope with Vick, the new offense being set up for him I believe will be a better fit for him.

Yep, it seems like y'all got a case of the Overpaid Quarterback Blues.

Thanks for stopping by, and pop in from time to time.

Revolution
03-25-2007, 05:01 PM
The surest way to get Vick out of town is to have KT guarantee he is back for the following season and proclaim much doom and gloom is headed the franchises way. Vick will be out of town on the next plane...

:elmo:

Kricker18
03-27-2007, 11:33 AM
Howdy Yall!

Long time Falcons fan here who after 25 years, has finally given up on them losers.

It was bad enough they just simply let Kerney walk without even trying to offer him anything and now giving up Schaub for a loser, thug, stupid, lazy quaterback. It was just senseless and I know hope they sink straight to hell.

All the people do in Atlanta is support his loser ways. I have started to see that Atlanta is nothing but a thug city. Honestly, I have read message board posts on there already that were about Vick should keep his corn rows or not!

It is just hard for me to give up on a team I followed my whole life, especially when I felt if they just gave Schaub a chance that they could have been a great football team.

I really think Houston has gotten a great quarterback in Schaub. I would just like to know from the fans how Houston really is? Who are the future stars on this team and how good will the team be in the years to come?

Thank You,
New Texans Fan.

HuttoKarl
03-27-2007, 11:34 AM
We're hoping Schaub is one future star. DeMeco Ryans and Andre Johnson are there already and a whole lot of us are really pulling for Mario Williams.

hadaad
03-27-2007, 11:36 AM
I think you gave up on Vick too quickly. If he had a 'fro, he'd be a way better quarterback.

If you want the stars of the team, just look at the banner. DeMeco Ryans, Dunta Robinson and Andre Johnson. Others who are up-and-comers in my opinion would be Mario Williams, Owen Daniels, Vonta Leach and Chris Taylor. I also like our young offensive tackles and I'm of the rare opinion that if Travis Johnson can get his head on straight, he could do something for this team, too.

TexansLucky13
03-27-2007, 11:39 AM
DeMeco Ryans

http://www.demecoryans.net/dr/images/ryans.jpg

Dude is a beast

Texans_Chick
03-27-2007, 11:39 AM
Welcome to the MB Kricker18.

As for how the team will do in the future, I can't say, but if I knew for sure, I guess it wouldn't be as fun.

Sports, the best reality programming ever.

texans83
03-27-2007, 11:40 AM
TJ is right there with MV. When I say that I mean weather of not they should keep their corn rows or not. I dont know if TJ is going to come around or not but I think this is his last year to prove to us why we picked him in the first round. Anyways welcome and im excited we got schaub.

Errant Hothy
03-27-2007, 11:43 AM
Welcome, MOst of the top players have been named but I'll add Charles Spencer to teh list; if he comes back from his injury.

Oh and it's spelled y'all. It's a contraction like don't and I'm. The aposthrophe is important.

threetoedpete
03-27-2007, 11:54 AM
Welcome aboard....hmmmm. I wonder....another hulk 75 ?

Kricker18
03-27-2007, 12:02 PM
Sorry Y'all! I am used to the horrible grammar on the Falcons boards.

Thanks for all the input. How are the Texans safeties? I have never heard of them before.

And what or who is Hulk 75?

Errant Hothy
03-27-2007, 12:04 PM

Thanks for all the input. How are the Texans safeties? I have never heard of them before.

We've got 2 average SS, no FS; maybe picking one up in the draft...maybe.

Hulk 75 was a poster with close ties to the Carr family, I think Hulk was David's brother, I think.

shanaman0616
03-27-2007, 12:05 PM
Welcome, I think most of the future stars have been named, there is one I am very hopeful can return to full steam and even become an important offensive weapon is J. Mathis. If we can get his speed on the feild as a slot reciever every once in a while we could create some defensive nightmares for opponents. We shoot Mathis long, Johnson,and Daniels over the middle and have green as the safety valve.

threetoedpete
03-27-2007, 12:06 PM
Hulk75 is David Carr's brother. He just bid his fairwells...after everyone blasted DC one more time BTW, on the "where will DC go?" thread.

We are loaded at Strong saftey. We have no Free safteys on the roster.

TexasJedi
03-27-2007, 12:07 PM

We have two strong safties playing both spots, it is a general feeling around here that the Texans NEED a free safety. There was a small mention of them using or trying Von Hutchins there, but who knows how that will turn out. Landry would be an excellent addition.

And the Hulk reference was about a poster that was David Carr's brother. You're not Schaub's brother are you? ;-)

Texan_Bill
03-27-2007, 12:07 PM
Howdy Yall!
Honestly, I have read message board posts on there already that were about Vick should keep his corn rows or not!

Thank You,
New Texans Fan.

LOL..... Should DC "cut his hair"?

Good times.... Good times......

Kricker18
03-27-2007, 12:14 PM
NO I am not Schaubie's brother. He is from West Chester, Pennsylvania and I am from Reading, Pennsylvania, both just outside of Philly. I could never be and Eagles fan. I just hate Philly people in general. I picked all my major sports teams when I was a youngster by how much I liked their uniform and have stuck to them ever since. Until now! It was very frustrating watching Vick blow everything. Reminds me very much like an Allen Iverson, but at least Iverson could play.

Don't ever come to Philly to watch a game. True story, I just had knee surgery done but had tickets to a Flyers game. I am a Washington Capitals fan so I wore my jersey and went anyway. I had mustard packet exploded on my jersey, hot dogs and stale soft pretzels thrown at me and was almost in about 4 fights, all while on crutches. But, the Eagles fans are even worse. I went to two Atlanta/Philly games and will never go again. Afterall, I am only one man.

Thanks for all the info people.

thunderkyss
03-27-2007, 12:45 PM
Howdy Yall!

Long time Falcons fan here who after 25 years, has finally given up on them losers.

It was bad enough they just simply let Kerney walk without even trying to offer him anything and now giving up Schaub for a loser, thug, stupid, lazy quaterback. It was just senseless and I know hope they sink straight to hell.

Thank You,
New Texans Fan.

Look, If you're following Schaub, I want you to know that some of us are highly critical of our QB... some fans of our previous QB took it as "hating", & while there was a good degree of "hating" much of the criticism was honest & true. If there is a flaw in Schaub's game, it will be found, it will be discussed, & he will be expected to minimize his deficiencies regardless of the team we put around him.

Secondly, if you're leaving the Atlanta bandwagon because of "perceived bone-headed moves" make sure you know what you're doing before signing on with Houston.

Thirdly.... are you in Atlanta??

Forth, I think we have fine safeties. Both have a nose for the ball, and both are pretty good open field tacklers. They both cover like safeties cover, but we've relied on them for the last two years very heavily in our run defense. I truly believe once our front seven(LBs) improve, our safeties can start playing the position.

joedinkle
03-27-2007, 12:52 PM
What's wrong with corn rows? :confused:

wolf123
03-27-2007, 12:59 PM
Forth, I think we have fine safeties. Both have a nose for the ball, and both are pretty good open field tacklers. They both cover like safeties cover, but we've relied on them for the last two years very heavily in our run defense. I truly believe once our front seven(LBs) improve, our safeties can start playing the position.

You must have missed Meco's interview, where our STUD MLB said his wish list this offseason was for a SAFETY. Obviously he doesn't believe in one of the 2's performances and my guess is its at the FS position.

Kricker18
03-27-2007, 01:00 PM
Thunderkyss;

I am not so much looking to following Schaub as to finding a new team to cheer for. I picked Houston because I liked Schaub and told all my friends that if Atlanta kept ***** Vick in there and did not even give Schaub a chance that I would no longer be a Falcons fan. So here we are. I really liked Schaub and think he is a hell of a quarterback, way better and smarter with a way better work ethic than Vick. I would expect all of you to be very critical of Matt. I would have it no other way. I have followed him closely ever since Atlanta picked him and just felt he should have had more of a chance. I am just simply fed up with all the racist crap going on in thug Atlanta. I am happy he will get a chance in Houston.

NO I am not in Atlanta, I am an hour north of Philly.

That is why I was asking about the Texans, too see if they were possibly a young and exciting team worth following closely.

Thank You for your honesty.

Roughnecks
03-27-2007, 01:06 PM
Yes they are worth follwing they are on the rise it taken a while to fix the mistakes the guys who I will no mention made. But mark my words these Texans will be fighting for a playoff spot if not this year than next year.

The Pencil Neck
03-27-2007, 01:14 PM

I used to live in Yardley.

Personally, I root for the Texans because I grew up in Houston. I like the Eagles because I lived close to their and followed the team while I was there. But the Texans are my #1. I think the Texans are a team that is starting to put some pieces together and has a bright future. Our first few years were mishandled by our coach and GM and now we've got new guys that appear to know what they're doing. But we're in a tough division and a tough conference. It's going to be hard to turn this around but I think Schaub is a step in the right direction.

But... be aware that there are still some people here who were very ardently pro-Carr and feel like the team let him down by not giving him the support he needed to be successful. Some of those people do not expect Schaub to be successful and some other of those people don't WANT Schaub to be successful.

OzzO
03-27-2007, 01:15 PM
...That is why I was asking about the Texans, too see if they were possibly a young and exciting team worth following closely.

The Texans are a young team and as for exciting... well, you missed the interesting first 5 years and the "quality" draft / team expert duo of Capers and Casserly.

If you're coming on to a Texans team, you may have just picked a really good time with the new regieme having a year under it's belt (and already worlds better than the previous staff in draft and team). We've apprently turned the corner, subjective, of no longer an expansion team by dropping what many percieved to be a less than stellar QB for the amount of $$ he was getting. Also, we're looking pretty good against the cap for next year with our FO doing wonders cleaning up the poo that was left behind by the previous "2 game film and trade up for picks" expert.

So, exciting? Better friggin' believe. I've heard the fans are close to Philly's style in complainers (about ANYTHING), but I think that's just the vocal minority - and any team's fan base would react the same when things aren't going well. I think when the Texans turn it around and I forsee that soon with the new staff and focus, the bandwagon will be filled with those that have "been here the whole time".

Welcome to the board by the way.

Houston_Fanatic
03-27-2007, 01:39 PM
Welcome, Kricker18!

We don't get much national exposure and what we do get is usually negative. Some of it deserved, some of it not.

We got us a new head coach last year - Gary Kubiak - formerly the Offensive Coordinator at Denver. He and Rick Smith (GM) are building a great team but it will take another year or two before we will be a force to be reckoned with. We have not had a winning season, or ever a .500 season in our first 5 years but that is going to change this year!

I am excited about our new quarterback - we have heard nothing but good things about him and we are hungry for a leader.

Is it September yet? :confused:

mike230765
03-27-2007, 01:49 PM
how could you not like Vick......he supports the teams unofficial nickname "the dirty bird" that is when you flip off your own supporters.

thunderkyss
03-27-2007, 02:18 PM
You must have missed Meco's interview, where our STUD MLB said his wish list this offseason was for a SAFETY. Obviously he doesn't believe in one of the 2's performances and my guess is its at the FS position.

click on the link in my sig.. it's from that interview.

Demeco got a lot better in pass coverage as the year went on. I can't say the same for our other LBs. When I see teams attack our secondary the way teams attack the Cowboys, I'll believe we have a big problem at safety. But last year, they kept trying to(and for the most part, they did) beat us underneath. If there were a LB projected to go in the top 10, I'd be screaming for us to draft the best OLB we could. as it stands, there is a top 10 Safety(who I wouldn't have a problem drafting) & a top ten CB(who I'd much prefer).

phantom17
03-27-2007, 02:27 PM
Howdy Yall!

All the people do in Atlanta is support his loser ways. I have started to see that Atlanta is nothing but a thug city. Honestly, I have read message board posts on there already that were about Vick should keep his corn rows or not!

It is just hard for me to give up on a team I followed my whole life, especially when I felt if they just gave Schaub a chance that they could have been a great football team.

I really think Houston has gotten a great quarterback in Schaub. I would just like to know from the fans how Houston really is? Who are the future stars on this team and how good will the team be in the years to come?

Thank You,
New Texans Fan.

K18- Welcome aboard & hope you stay a while! We seemed to have an up & coming team, & it should be an exciting year! Hopefully, if you ever buy & our STEEL BLUE jerseys or shirts- they won't give you a hard time. Just wear it proud, esp. coming from me who lives here in the Rio Grande Valley where it's Cowboy country!:doot:

Slamee101
03-27-2007, 02:32 PM
Did not get the chance to post b4...

As someone who has watched every Falcon game since '99 outside of 3...I would say...Schaub seems to have all the tools...but my question as a Falcon fan was always can he do it "when live bullets are being fired"...he looked good in relief...but all those relief efforts were against beat up defenses or backups...and that's very different than facing a starting defense week in week out and a team gameplans for you. He KNOWS the WCO...and I didn't see any Texans games but many folks seem to think Carr was the cause of a lot of those sacks. I'm glad we pulled the trade and I wish Schaub the best (except when you guys come to Atlanta next year).

Slamee101
03-27-2007, 02:35 PM
Good riddance. We can do without "fans" like you...Atlanta is overrun with them...which is why the Georgia Dome and Fulton-County stadium were empty so many years.

Scooter
03-27-2007, 02:41 PM
Howdy Yall!

I would just like to know from the fans how Houston really is?

Thank You,
New Texans Fan.

howdy. i snipped the post, but from what you wrote in these posts and what i quoted, you might be home. i couldnt be more proud that houston sports puts the highest priority on character. pick any player (or coach/personnel) on the team and you'll find an example of humble, honest, and good willed. thugs, problem children, and lockerroom cancers arent an option.

as for young and exciting, the franchise and possibilities couldnt be more exciting. despite the disappointments, we have nowhere to go but up and with the way things are building, they appear to be moving that direction quickly. as for the team, it's getting older. we're mixing veteran talent experienced in our systems along with a severely strong draft last year and assuming a similar draft this year. veteran backups and filling holes, a youth future. gary kubiak is experienced in what happens when you build through the draft and he's aware of how to do so with long term in mind. with that in mind, he's one of the best talent evaluators and as learned from shanahan he's not afraid to trade for what he thinks is going to make the team (as per the schaub trade).

we're all biased of course, but we're glad to have you visiting ... hope you stick around.

Exithios
03-27-2007, 02:43 PM
Did not get the chance to post b4...

As someone who has watched every Falcon game since '99 outside of 3...I would say...Schaub seems to have all the tools...but my question as a Falcon fan was always can he do it "when live bullets are being fired"...he looked good in relief...but all those relief efforts were against beat up defenses or backups...and that's very different than facing a starting defense week in week out and a team gameplans for you. He KNOWS the WCO...and I didn't see any Texans games but many folks seem to think Carr was the cause of a lot of those sacks. I'm glad we pulled the trade and I wish Schaub the best (except when you guys come to Atlanta next year).

I am sure the question as to wether or not Schaub is ready to lead an NFL franchise is in the back of all of our minds. As a die-hard Texans fan, all you can do is use what little we know about him for judgement and be optimistic of his abilities come the start of the season.

Carr seemed to be making the same mistakes every year for the past 5 years and the organization and the fans knew that it wouldn't get any better without change.

Thanks for posting, feedback from the Falcons brethren is always welcomed!

Texas
03-27-2007, 02:54 PM
Theres nothing like a Texan... Watch for mario williams to have 22 sacks this season and 197 tackles

Titan "Tack" Fan
03-27-2007, 03:14 PM
I'd rather have Schaub than Vick, I can understand what he's saying.

NFLforher
03-27-2007, 03:24 PM
We have two strong safties playing both spots, it is a general feeling around here that the Texans NEED a free safety. There was a small mention of them using or trying Von Hutchins there, but who knows how that will turn out. Landry would be an excellent addition.

And the Hulk reference was about a poster that was David Carr's brother. You're not Schaub's brother are you? ;-)

Ron would be excellent.

I would bet that Hulk still is David's brother. :)

Kricker18
03-27-2007, 03:24 PM
Thanks for all the support Texans fans!

See that is what I am talking about with the Atlanta fans. I'd bet you any money that next will come a thread saying that I am racist or in the KKK or something along those lines. I really see now that Atlanta is truly a trashy city.

So sorry Dunn, Brooking and all the other respectable veterens of Atlanta, but your city and fans just lost my respect. Good luck to all of you.

rickyb
03-27-2007, 03:36 PM
Thunderkyss;

I am not so much looking to following Schaub as to finding a new team to cheer for. I picked Houston because I liked Schaub and told all my friends that if Atlanta kept ***** Vick in there and did not even give Schaub a chance that I would no longer be a Falcons fan. So here we are. I really liked Schaub and think he is a hell of a quarterback, way better and smarter with a way better work ethic than Vick. I would expect all of you to be very critical of Matt. I would have it no other way. I have followed him closely ever since Atlanta picked him and just felt he should have had more of a chance. I am just simply fed up with all the racist crap going on in thug Atlanta. I am happy he will get a chance in Houston.

That is why I was asking about the Texans, too see if they were possibly a young and exciting team worth following closely.

Kricker18, welcome. Your motivations remind me of mine in the wake of the Oilers blowing a 35-3 lead in the playoffs many Moons ago. I chose a little blue-collar team up in the frozen north: Packers. They had this exciting young QB named Farrrrrrrve who I could not understand why the Falcons threw away. Anyone, it was FUN starting over with a fresh start, learning about a team and culture.

And the magic returned to H-town a few years back, and so did my love for Houston football. You asked about stars, here goes my perspective:

DeMeco Ryans. Defensive Rookie of the Year, selected by the Texans with the 1st pick of the 2nd round of the 2006 draft. He is a natural born leader who is both hungry and humble. A rare find. Our BEST defensive player, front 7 or otherwise.
Mario Williams. He's a bit quiet, and failed to perform up to expectations last year. For this reason, some will dispute his making this list, to which I assert: he played all year on a broken wheel. Plantar fascitis is something which would put most of us desk jockeys at home on sick leave. This guy managed to play ball and grow at the NFL level with it.
Dunta Robinson. I believe it's pronounced DONE-Tay, someone will correct me if otherwise. He is outspoken and can be so: he backs it up on the field. I never understood why some knock his CB abilities. Dunta is easily our best player in the secondary.
Andre Johson. A true leader. Pro Bowler. The only offensive player to assert himself on the field. No, I take that back.
Owen Daniels. Tight End. Drafted in the 4th round of the 2006 Draft. I about threw a brick at the TV when this pick was made, and now I thank our lucky stars that we have him. I look forward to hearing "Schaub to Daniels, 1st down!" over and over again.
and finally...
Matt Schaub. Obviously, he has yet to take snap one. I fully expect he will emerge as a leader. Houston is a tough town, not given to taking losing lightly. (Though I will add that Bud Adams miscalculated in a BIG WAY when he fired Coach Bum Philips (sp?) after losing in the AFC Championship 2 years in a row, to the despised rival Steelers. Thus began Houston's hatred of Bud.) I doubt Schaub has quit is in vocabulary, and he is already asserting himself as a leader, which is what the ENTIRE TEAM needs.

Texans Needs
O-Line. It's not as bad as many will make it, IMHO. We need a Center and, depending upon the health of Charles Spencer OLT, another OLT. You will see the topic of OLT debated. Heavily. Often.
Free Safety.
Cornerback.
WR2.
DE. I really believe we are one DE away from having a synergistic impact on a defense on the verge of emerging as a dominant force in the NFL. There simply are only so many double-teams to go around. You can double Mario, but you cannot double both DE. An improved pass rush to collapse the pocket will improve our secondary play. Collapse the pocket and contain V Young. Both Pittsburg and San Diego have shown in recent history the way to beat P Manning -- as every Houston fan knows, it is damn difficult to complete a forward pass from one's dorsal. And Houston expanded on this theory (of beating the Colts): run the dang ball, keep it out of their hands.

There is much to be excited about in Houston. For all the talk on ESPN about how piss-poor this team is ("Oh, you passed on Bush. Oh you cut Carr and could have drafted Young."), I say fine, whatever: just shut your pie-hole and pass the salt when the wins start accumulating. This team is on the verge of a turn-around. Better than 0.500 in 2007 is not out of the question.

OrangeCountyTexansFan
03-27-2007, 03:51 PM

Well, good luck with that. People on here from Austin and San Antonio complain that they can't get the Texans games broadcast even that far away. I hope you have satellite.
Welcome to the board!

Dime
03-27-2007, 03:54 PM
People here are forgetting two people that have be MAJOR contribitors for our team. We have a New GM as of last year, who has already made 5 excellent pickups in depth and starters. This rookie GM has done awesome to improve our team this year, and with last years rookie head coach Kub, they are in the makings of a solid team. In addition, lots of cap heavy people this year were cut meaning we will have (at this time) 20-40 million in cap next year. Both have been outstanding so far and really took chances to be sucessful.

One last thing, We would invite ya to be a fan, and heck, tail-gating is our thing, but dont be surprised if you wear the hate, if people shake thier heads. They dont respect us, think we are dumb for passing on Bush/Young, and we have even taken crap for the price we paid for Schaub. Personally, I have never been more proud to be a Texan Fan.

Sco-tai
03-27-2007, 04:00 PM
Welcome, MOst of the top players have been named but I'll add Charles Spencer to teh list; if he comes back from his injury.

Oh and it's spelled y'all. It's a contraction like don't and I'm. The posthrophe is important.

KUDOS for the "Y'all" lesson.

I completley agree.

Having "Y'all" written like "Yall" is kinda like having a flat beer. Sure, it's a beer...but it's just not the same.

03-27-2007, 04:28 PM
Kricker18, welcome. Your motivations remind me of mine in the wake of the Oilers blowing a 35-3 lead in the playoffs many Moons ago. I chose a little blue-collar team up in the frozen north: Packers. They had this exciting young QB named Farrrrrrrve who I could not understand why the Falcons threw away. Anyone, it was FUN starting over with a fresh start, learning about a team and culture.

And the magic returned to H-town a few years back, and so did my love for Houston football. You asked about stars, here goes my perspective:

DeMeco Ryans. Defensive Rookie of the Year, selected by the Texans with the 1st pick of the 2nd round of the 2006 draft. He is a natural born leader who is both hungry and humble. A rare find. Our BEST defensive player, front 7 or otherwise.
Mario Williams. He's a bit quiet, and failed to perform up to expectations last year. For this reason, some will dispute his making this list, to which I assert: he played all year on a broken wheel. Plantar fascitis is something which would put most of us desk jockeys at home on sick leave. This guy managed to play ball and grow at the NFL level with it.
Dunta Robinson. I believe it's pronounced DONE-Tay, someone will correct me if otherwise. He is outspoken and can be so: he backs it up on the field. I never understood why some knock his CB abilities. Dunta is easily our best player in the secondary.
Andre Johson. A true leader. Pro Bowler. The only offensive player to assert himself on the field. No, I take that back.
Owen Daniels. Tight End. Drafted in the 4th round of the 2006 Draft. I about threw a brick at the TV when this pick was made, and now I thank our lucky stars that we have him. I look forward to hearing "Schaub to Daniels, 1st down!" over and over again.
and finally...
Matt Schaub. Obviously, he has yet to take snap one. I fully expect he will emerge as a leader. Houston is a tough town, not given to taking losing lightly. (Though I will add that Bud Adams miscalculated in a BIG WAY when he fired Coach Bum Philips (sp?) after losing in the AFC Championship 2 years in a row, to the despised rival Steelers. Thus began Houston's hatred of Bud.) I doubt Schaub has quit is in vocabulary, and he is already asserting himself as a leader, which is what the ENTIRE TEAM needs.

Texans Needs
O-Line. It's not as bad as many will make it, IMHO. We need a Center and, depending upon the health of Charles Spencer OLT, another OLT. You will see the topic of OLT debated. Heavily. Often.
Free Safety.
Cornerback.
WR2.
DE. I really believe we are one DE away from having a synergistic impact on a defense on the verge of emerging as a dominant force in the NFL. There simply are only so many double-teams to go around. You can double Mario, but you cannot double both DE. An improved pass rush to collapse the pocket will improve our secondary play. Collapse the pocket and contain V Young. Both Pittsburg and San Diego have shown in recent history the way to beat P Manning -- as every Houston fan knows, it is damn difficult to complete a forward pass from one's dorsal. And Houston expanded on this theory (of beating the Colts): run the dang ball, keep it out of their hands.

There is much to be excited about in Houston. For all the talk on ESPN about how piss-poor this team is ("Oh, you passed on Bush. Oh you cut Carr and could have drafted Young."), I say fine, whatever: just shut your pie-hole and pass the salt when the wins start accumulating. This team is on the verge of a turn-around. Better than 0.500 in 2007 is not out of the question.

great post, man. and i think it's DON-tay

michaelm
03-27-2007, 04:45 PM

and finally...

Texans Needs
Free Safety.
Cornerback.
WR2.

Damn, you got me more fired up for the season, and I was already fired up!

falconsrock
03-28-2007, 12:56 AM
Hello,Falcons fan here.I wish you success with Schaub and win games with him.Personally I know we made out good on the deal because we got draft picks for him and the best qb to ever play the game is still our starter

#Ocho
03-28-2007, 06:05 AM
91% approval rating.

Atlanta Falcons Message Board Pole (http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/index.php?showtopic=236895)

I for one am not interested in seeing any "Atlanta Falcons Message Board Pole." Call me crazy, call me a Cali Carr Homer, and even call me a loser, but I'm not clicking on that link.

Noooooo thank you.

Dawgnme
03-28-2007, 02:56 PM
What's wrong with corn rows? :confused:

They played out in 1979 when mom MADE you wear them... quit watchin' so many videos.

Slamee101
03-28-2007, 04:58 PM
Sounds like there is a problem in the team not K-18. He said he was a fan for 25 yrs and was tired of all the b.s. You need to check your team not him. If he truly wants to be a Texans fan he is at home here, not you.:fans:

If you want bandwagon fans who only come around when things are good...by all means HAVE HIM! Me, I like TRUE FANS myself. Guys like him are probably the folks who were nowhere to be found until the '98 season when we went to the SB claiming they had been there all along...and then jumped ship just as soon as Jamal Anderson blew his knee out the next season.

Welcome him with open arms by all means...

Houston_Fanatic
03-28-2007, 08:40 PM
If you want bandwagon fans who only come around when things are good...by all means HAVE HIM! Me, I like TRUE FANS myself. Guys like him are probably the folks who were nowhere to be found until the '98 season when we went to the SB claiming they had been there all along...and then jumped ship just as soon as Jamal Anderson blew his knee out the next season.

I don't care if someone has followed this team for 5 years or 5 minutes - anyone willing to cheer my team on is ok in my book :redtowel:

thunderkyss
03-28-2007, 08:54 PM

Yeah, because things are sooooooo good here.

If you are loosing fans.... even bandwagoners to the Houston Texans.... things are bad bro.

Ole Miss Texan
03-28-2007, 11:17 PM
Having "Y'all" written like "Yall" is kinda like having a flat beer. Sure, it's a beer...but it's just not the same.

hahahaha. "Niiice, I liiike."- Borat.

TexanFanInNJ
03-29-2007, 09:19 PM
Hello to all...
Being a newbie, I'd like to say hello to all fellow Texans... I've been a follower of professional Houston football for all my life, and most of my emotions around football season ride on how the team does every weekend...

I just had something I wanted to share...

I'd be willing to bet that the Texans get only one primetime game this season (Sunday/Monday night)... and it'll be the Texans at Atlanta game!... (whatever week it lands on!) :texans:

Houston_Fanatic
03-30-2007, 12:46 AM
I'd be willing to bet that the [B]Texans get only one primetime game this season (Sunday/Monday night)... and it'll be the Texans at Atlanta game!... (whatever week it lands on!) :texans:

I hope you are right! I would really look forward to Schaub proving to the Atlanta fans he was the better quarterback and they traded the wrong QB. Not that I would want Vick- NO WAY!