PDA

View Full Version : Carr

carrlover
03-24-2007, 11:32 PM
Am I the only person here that is not happy that instead of the Texans trying to build the team around a good QB, because they got a lousy pick last year that they just decided to put all the blame on Carr and he was the scape goat?

freedoggy77
03-24-2007, 11:36 PM
derek, i know your sad about your brother but get over it

DBCooper
03-24-2007, 11:39 PM
I have been a Carr supporter. Believing he just needed a chance to stay upright and someone to get open. Carr needs a change of scenery and the Texans need a change at the helm. Kubiak musta felt the same way. Time to move on. Time to win some football games. Schaub is the guy I wanted, never dreamed we could get him.

Pantherstang84
03-24-2007, 11:39 PM
derek, i know your sad about your brother but get over it

...and tell him I wish him luck wherever he ends up. I really mean it.
But...

He's gone and we're moving on. You should too.

Texans Pride
03-24-2007, 11:40 PM
lol, this thread will self destruct in

5, 4, 3, 2, 1. . .:bomb:

Charter PSL Fan
03-24-2007, 11:41 PM
Good for Carr. He is out of this hell hole!

carrlover
03-24-2007, 11:46 PM
Ok, I agree he does need a new start, but is it wrong for me to sad to see him go?

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
03-25-2007, 12:12 AM
The problem was that we didn't have a good QB on the roster.

The Pencil Neck
03-25-2007, 12:16 AM
Am I the only person here that is not happy that instead of the Texans trying to build the team around a good QB, because they got a lousy pick last year that they just decided to put all the blame on Carr and he was the scape goat?

No. There is a core of people here who are very upset that David was let go and that his performance wasn't his fault. Many of them believe that the FO made a huge mistake and paid way too much for an unproven QB.

OTOH, there's a fairly large group of people that do not believe that Carr was a good QB and letting him go was the best thing we could do.

OTOH, there's another fairly large group that believes that Carr is a good QB but he was just in the wrong place in the wrong time and that it's for the best for all concerned for him to go.

I'm in the second group.

DocBar
03-25-2007, 12:19 AM
You're mission, IF you choose to accept it, is to refrain from Carr posts because he is no longer a Texan. This message will self destruct in 5 seconds.

The Pencil Neck
03-25-2007, 12:20 AM
You're mission, IF you choose to accept it, is to refrain from Carr posts because he is no longer a Texan. This message will self destruct in 5 seconds.

I'm waiting to see how long it takes for this to get moved to the NFL board.

2BCF
03-25-2007, 12:34 AM

Carr stunk to high heaven. Good riddance.
I truly pity the fans of the next team he ends up with.
But having said that, I think his starter days are behind him so the damage should be minimal.

aj.
03-25-2007, 12:35 AM
If I wasn't so lazy, I'd create a new account with the User Name 'Dr. Rumack' just to post this:

"I just want to tell you good luck. We're all counting on you."

MATRIX
03-25-2007, 12:46 AM
Ok, I agree he does need a new start, but is it wrong for me to sad to see him go?

No, your not. But, don't blame people for not likeing him as a player. It isn't 100% his fault, Capers and Co. fed him to the wolfs and never got him help till AJ came along. Till then, he took a beating. And the beating hindered his development.

I really mean it when I say I hope his new team(I know he'll find one) gives him help. And by that I mean a ine that is legit and atleast 1 WR and RB that are good. He didn't get any of that here wih Capers till it was too late.

I wish him the best.

Aztequila
03-25-2007, 01:36 AM
I was pretty sad to see David go. I really thought that this would be a good year for him to prove himself given that talent around him was building up in experience and through free agency. Now I guess we will never get to know what he could have did. I hope he does well wherever he ends up. With that being said, I will continue to support the Texans as a team, and now I guess Schaub is our guy. I am looking foward to a productive season.

Spike
03-25-2007, 01:52 AM
I was sorry to see Carr go. I wanted it to work out.

However, if the Texans were so wrong about him, why couldn't we make a trade? If it were soley because our horrible O-line, why hasn't he been picked up?

I'm just a fan. I wish him the best.

BattleRedToro
03-25-2007, 10:43 AM
I was sorry to see Carr go. I wanted it to work out.

However, if the Texans were so wrong about him, why couldn't we make a trade? If it were soley because our horrible O-line, why hasn't he been picked up?

I'm just a fan. I wish him the best.

None of the other teams wanted to give up any of their picks when they could just wait for him to be released. The Texans could have retained him awhile longer and possibly completed a trade but David Carr's agent requested that he be released so that he could immediately start to find him a new team. Bob McNair granted the request because David Carr had done everything that was asked of him. He will be picked up of that I am sure by who I am not.