PDA

View Full Version : FOX sports on Schaub

bckey
03-24-2007, 01:31 PM
Thought this was a good article on Schaub. Didn't see it posted yet so I thought I would share something positive around here.

"Schaub has pinpoint accuracy, is a very good athlete, has a big league arm and oozes leadership. He played for an NFL coach in AL Groh at the University of Virginia, who prepped him for this opportunity."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6596294

Vinny
03-24-2007, 01:33 PM
nice find

Thus, needing a quarterback, the Texans organization hit a home run.

I've argued it for years — all Schaub needs to instantly be a top 16 quarterback is a full season. And that's just the tip. Schaub has Pro Bowl potential. And every player I've talked with from the Falcons in recent years, including guys like Alge Crumpler, DeAngelo Hall, Michael Jenkins, Brian Finneran, Warrick Dunn, rave about Schaub.

In fact here's what Roddy White told us right after the trade.

"He's got a lot of potential," White said. "He can make every throw. He is tall and can see everything over the line of scrimmage. He reads defenses well. He is like a coach for us. It is a big loss for us. That week in 2005 when Mike was out, he took over and just put everyone on his back. And really did a great job against the Patriots. He is ready to go."

The Texans are a vastly improved team headed in the right direction. Eight wins can most certainly be in the cards this season.

ThaShark316
03-24-2007, 01:37 PM
Next fool misspell the QB's name on this board, I'm going to shank you. :)

Kaiser Toro
03-24-2007, 01:50 PM
Wow, those are the words that were never spoken about Carr from his team mates. Never discount cohort feedback if you are a coach or manager as it peels back the onion better than any action or result.

newbiefan
03-24-2007, 01:53 PM
Wow, on the poll of who the winner was, 50% said Texans, and only 25% said Falcons, and 18% said both

68% of people think it was a good trade

afcman
03-24-2007, 01:53 PM
I would listen to FOX Sports more if they were on more stations that I could get. I only can hear them so often. Most cities go with ESPN and local stuff. Man, after a year of ESPN radio I'd had enough. Just this morning I turned them on for a few minutes and they were talking of the Texans and it still amazes me how they don't have their facts straight on the team.

mexican_texan
03-24-2007, 01:57 PM
The article says he has a strong arm, but other articles contradict that statement. That 40-60 yard pass to Peerless Price a while back was beautiful, but my question is, how is his downfield passing?

mikey21
03-24-2007, 02:05 PM
well I look at it like this, the Texans are not going to ask Schaub to make 60+ yard throws, I think if he can make the 20-30 yard throws with accuracy that will make a huge difference in the offense, I dont forsee all the dump off throws anymore at least I hope not, but what do I know I am just another Texans fan

kiwitexansfan
03-24-2007, 02:15 PM
The biggest difference between Carr and Schaub.

LEADERSHIP

Carr's team mates lost their faith in him.

Schaub's team mates would go to the mat for him.

The best thing that I've read is by one of the falcons fans on here who said that everytime that Schaub went under centre the other players would get up and stand on the sideline to root for him.

He will take the offense on his shoulders and everyone will give that extra 10% that it takes to win. Not saying they were tanking for Carr, but there are times when you get inspired by someone/something and play beyond yourself.

I think Scaub is that kind of guy.

Marcus
03-24-2007, 02:16 PM
I would listen to FOX Sports more if they were on more stations that I could get. I only can hear them so often. Most cities go with ESPN and local stuff. Man, after a year of ESPN radio I'd had enough. Just this morning I turned them on for a few minutes and they were talking of the Texans and it still amazes me how they don't have their facts straight on the team.

I listen to Adam Schein on Sirius Radio. He hosts the Afternoon Blitz, and he has raved about Matt Schaub any chance he could get. I couldn't wait to listen to him the next day after the trade was made. He was almost beside himself.

Pat Kirwin and Tim Ryan on the morning show Moving The Chains both think Houston hit a home run on this trade.

Those of you who don't have satellite radio should seriously consider it if you want to listen to a station that talks strictly NFL. Especially these days. The Texans are a very hot topic on all the shows, and they are making an effort to take a lot of Houston calls.

"Good stuff" as they like to say.

afcman
03-24-2007, 02:20 PM
The biggest difference between Carr and Schaub.

LEADERSHIP

Bingo! That's it.

You know? If Carr, during say the second season, would've gotten pissed and said, "I'm sick of being sacked! Get me some *blank'n* front line help!" I would have LOVED to have seen that because it would tell me that he had fire in his belly and wanted to win. But it's a moot point now.

afcman
03-24-2007, 02:22 PM
I listen to Adam Schein on Sirius Radio. He hosts the Afternoon Blitz,

Yep. Sirius NFL radio is where it's at.

whiskeyrbl
03-24-2007, 02:33 PM
Nice find.

whiskeyrbl
03-24-2007, 02:36 PM
[QUOTE=kiwitexansfan;639899]The biggest difference between Carr and Schaub.

LEADERSHIP

Carr's team mates lost their faith in him.

Schaub's team mates would go to the mat for him.

That is what EVERYONE has said we lacked. Well here it is served on a STEEL BLUE PLATTER. It's time to make Reliant rock once again.

potisyourfriend
03-24-2007, 04:46 PM
I was actually surprised at how many people thought the Texans got the better deal..

http://img1.putfile.com/main/3/8217461769.jpg

MATRIX
03-24-2007, 04:52 PM
LEADERSHIP damn right(and a good QB as well).

What was his 1st act as a Texan?

To get EVERY players number to call and talk.

ANYONE ever hear of Carr doing that? Hell, anyone hear many QBs doing that?

shanden
03-24-2007, 04:54 PM
Well if the voters on that poll felt that Schaub was the best quarterback the Falcons had, but the the Falcons were stuck with Vick because of his 100 million dollar contract, then clearly the Texans got the better deal.

keyfro
03-24-2007, 04:57 PM
i don't know if us as texan fans are gonna know what to do if he turns into a carson palmer type QB...what are we gonna complain about?...haha...such problems we might be facing...what are we to do?

:yahoo:

Tulip
03-24-2007, 05:00 PM
i don't know if us as texan fans are gonna know what to do if he turns into a carson palmer type QB...what are we gonna complain about?...haha...such problems we might be facing...what are we to do?

We'd be complaining about first-round byes and homefield advantages - what a thought!

kastofsna
03-24-2007, 05:08 PM
The article says he has a strong arm, but other articles contradict that statement. That 40-60 yard pass to Peerless Price a while back was beautiful, but my question is, how is his downfield passing?
he's got a nice arm, but he's not a downfield guy. he can throw the ball if it's there, though.

edo783
03-24-2007, 05:19 PM
he's got a nice arm, but he's not a downfield guy. he can throw the ball if it's there, though.

Short to mid range seems to be his thing. Supposidly chucks a real catchable ball and it is on target and on time with it. Haven't seen/heard how he is on the deep out, but I suspect his arm isn't the best for that one. I think we have a guy who has an arm pretty similar to Pennington's and if he is that accurate and smart with the ball, we will be fine.

keyfro
03-24-2007, 05:45 PM
We'd be complaining about first-round byes and homefield advantages - what a thought!

darn...that would just kill me...not sure i could handle that...i'd have to drink my sarrows away to the point of stupidity...haha...man there is no better time to be a texan fan than right now...you just get the feeling that the team is turning the page of the growing pains and is about to get to the good years...hopefully...keeping the fingers and toes crossed...and ready to see what this guy can do

DocBar
03-24-2007, 05:45 PM
All I want to see from Schaub is his Moses impersonation....Lead us to the Promise Land. Or at least .500 or better in '07

mexican_texan
03-24-2007, 05:48 PM
Short to mid range seems to be his thing. Supposidly chucks a real catchable ball and it is on target and on time with it. Haven't seen/heard how he is on the deep out, but I suspect his arm isn't the best for that one. I think we have a guy who has an arm pretty similar to Pennington's and if he is that accurate and smart with the ball, we will be fine.
Kubiak's arm is stronger than Pennington's.

dalemurphy
03-24-2007, 05:56 PM

He has an above average NFL arm. It's definitely stronger than Pennington- probably in the Brady neighborhood. It's plenty strong to do everything needed if he has field awareness, footwork, and some timing.

HuttoKarl
03-24-2007, 05:56 PM

Unfortunately, I imagine we'll still see people complaining about not taking Vince Young.

:joker:

CMoak1982
03-24-2007, 05:58 PM
His arm is fine it's just not elite, scouting reports coming out of virginia say he can make all the throws with some zip, think more Hasselbeck or Bulger type arms, not rag armed Pennington

Carr Bombed
03-24-2007, 06:21 PM
He reminds me alot of Tom Brady with a bigger build and a bit more speed and athleticism.

He is a good prospect and has a decent Arm.

keyfro
03-24-2007, 06:28 PM
Unfortunately, I imagine we'll still see people complaining about not taking Vince Young.

boo those people :shoot:

TexanSam
03-24-2007, 07:19 PM
That article makes me extremely excited about our future! Nice find!

Malloy
03-24-2007, 07:25 PM
Next fool misspell the QB's name on this board, I'm going to shank you. :)

Shouub ?

MATRIX
03-24-2007, 07:29 PM
He reminds me alot of Tom Brady with a bigger build and a bit more speed and athleticism.

He is a good prospect and has a decent Arm.

So, to say who is better Brady or Young...BRADY. Meaning Schaub could also be better for the VY moning people.

Tulip
03-24-2007, 07:32 PM

Maybe. I'm a huge Vince Young fan, and I definitely think that the Texans made a mistake in exercising Carr's option last year instead of sending him into free agency and drafting Vince. And I definitely did not enjoy watching Vince and the Titans beat us twice - once as Carr was benched and the other when Vince beat us on single play in OT.

With that said, I am very excited about Matt Schaub becoming our starting QB next year. I think he was our best QB option this off-season, especially because he doesn't have the drawbacks of a rookie or of a late-in-career veteran. His acquisition is making me feel like the sky is the limit for this team over the next several years.

TexansFanatic
03-24-2007, 07:53 PM
A great read. Thanks for the link. I initially said I thought the Texans had overpaid for this trade. I'm ready to say I was wrong. Obviously we'll know more this Fall. I'm very eager to eat my words....

DocBar
03-24-2007, 08:01 PM
A great read. Thanks for the link. I initially said I thought the Texans had overpaid for this trade. I'm ready to say I was wrong. Obviously we'll know more this Fall. I'm very eager to eat my words.... I'll second that opinion!!

Pantherstang84
03-24-2007, 08:12 PM

My sig has the solution to that problem.

mexican_texan
03-24-2007, 10:09 PM
Shouub ?
Shalhoub?

http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2003/emmys/interactive/emmy.quiz/shaloub.usa.jpg

DocBar
03-25-2007, 12:09 AM
Shalhoub?

You actually spent time doing that???

Insideop
03-25-2007, 12:27 AM

My bets on Chad Stanley. If he starts off punting poorly this season I imagine "the dogs" will be after his blood! Hope he and all the Texans have a great season and keep "the dogs" at bay! JMHO!

kastofsna
03-25-2007, 12:31 AM
His arm is fine it's just not elite, scouting reports coming out of virginia say he can make all the throws with some zip, think more Hasselbeck or Bulger type arms, not rag armed Pennington
hasselbeck is definitely the guy to think about when it comes to schaub as an overall player. smart, great leader, nothing too flashy, leans on his playmakers when they need those extra yards...won't get you into trouble.

CMoak1982
03-25-2007, 01:20 AM
hasselbeck is definitely the guy to think about when it comes to schaub as an overall player. smart, great leader, nothing too flashy, leans on his playmakers when they need those extra yards...won't get you into trouble.

And I would be perfectly fine and OK with anything close to Hasselbeck's production. Let's hope.

Ole Miss Texan
03-25-2007, 01:37 AM
Shalhoub?

you mean Adrian "peterson" Monk!?

keyfro
03-25-2007, 08:55 AM
My bets on Chad Stanley. If he starts off punting poorly this season I imagine "the dogs" will be after his blood! Hope he and all the Texans have a great season and keep "the dogs" at bay! JMHO!

man i complain about him still being on the roster...but when it comes to complaining about a punter vs a QB i think we can all agree which one is more important and will invoke a longer thread...can't wait to see who kubiak brings in to compete with stanley though

as for schaub...can't wait to see him pick up that #7 jersey...i can't imagine a reason why the texans would allow him to pick the #8 jersey...too many bad memories of that jersey and right now i'd like to make a suggestion to the texans brass...for the next 10 years or so...only allow kickers and punters to wear that number...we don't need to see another QB in it for a few years

TexanExile
03-25-2007, 09:09 AM
Simple marketing says a number change is coming. All those unlabeled #8 jerseys need "replacing," right...? :lightbulb:

It's a good article. I do think it's funny how this MB routinely (and correctly) bashes the national sports media--unless someone says something pro-Texans. Then, the writer is a genius. Maybe it's the sheer novelty of favorable, or even well-informed, commentary. Let's face it: against many of these schmoes, it ain't hard to look smart when talking Texans.

Although, as we've discussed in in other threads, this team'll have to earn the positive attention on the field first. This signing should help.

DocBar
03-25-2007, 09:15 AM
Simple marketing says a number change is coming. All those unlabeled #8 jerseys need "replacing," right...? :lightbulb:

It's a good article. I do think it's funny how this MB routinely (and correctly) bashes the national sports media--unless someone says something pro-Texans. Then, the writer is a genius. Maybe it's the sheer novelty of favorable, or even well-informed, commentary. Let's face it: against many of these schmoes, it ain't hard to look smart when talking Texans.

Although, as we've discussed in in other threads, this team'll have to earn the positive attention on the field first. This signing should help.

Rep coming your way!!! Good Post!!!